Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
How can the Senate vote without this going back into conference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lycus posted:

By making up their own batshit rules and failing to follow them.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grapplejack posted:

Hey so uh can we talk about something real quick

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

Did the NYT just confirm that we have alien weaponry and alloys hanging around

I still think this a bit much to help promote the new season of X-Files

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I gotta say, it's a tad upsetting to see this orange unfit scumfuck in that dumb disney show next to Lincoln et all.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I gotta say, it's a tad upsetting to see this orange unfit scumfuck in that dumb disney show next to Lincoln et all.

It's hilarious when you look at his robot and see it was obviously a Hillary robot that had to get converted to a Trump bot at the last minute.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
dave weigel is.... ice phisherman?!??!?!?!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/943284324631240706

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bill de Blasio would be a good President.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
He running.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mcmagic posted:

Why? He seems pretty lovely to me and I’d rather have any of the other Democratic “front runners”.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why? He seems pretty lovely to me and I’d rather have any of the other Democratic “front runners”.

His universal pre-k program is a bigger accomplishment than pretty much anyone he'd be running against has on their resume.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/bcrodriguez/status/943285243775201280

SeANMcBAY posted:

I would be honored to serve.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
Then what the hell is he doing in Iowa?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TheBalor posted:

He heard they had good pork chops.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Zil posted:

He heard they had good pork chops.

Well, that's not wrong, but still.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kilroy posted:

LOL you literally conflate "does not like establishment Dems" with "must be super depressed all the time".

Yes, that is what I'm talking about, you nailed it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

he would be loving terrible, hes incompetent, lazy, and an rear end in a top hat

i mean, he'd be better than cuomo but thats about it and i might prefer cuomo because competence might be worth it

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Xae posted:

poo poo falls off airplanes.

If the DOD can't match it to a plane it ships it to this guys warehouse.

Aliens Are Real vs Graft vs Boondoggle.

I'll put my money on the most boring option.

If Aliens are real, not sure a hotel magnate who branched out in inflatable space station modules would be my #1 choice of contractor to investigate them.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, that is what I'm talking about, you nailed it
I mean, I guess "fascism has come to America and their opposition is not equipped to fight them" is depressing as poo poo, but pointing out the fact of it in this thread tends to get one yelled at, by you among many others. I mean I'm glad you're kinda wavering on whether you want to keep making excuses for them, but I'm also confident you'll be back to your old self in no time. Cheer up :)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lycus posted:

Mustached Demon posted:

By making up their own batshit rules and failing to follow them.

Not exactly. They can avoid conference by having the House vote on the same bill the Senate passed (aka, the one with the Byrd stuff stripped).

Or vice versa, but I think the Senate's moving faster on this?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/gavonl/status/943237809967632384

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
more like Fill O'Reilly

https://twitter.com/BillOReilly/status/943287694121152512

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

You're 6'4", order a long you doof

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Is there a tax plan calculator that takes EITC/ATC into account? Because for basically the entire population of low-income families with children it just says "0" instead of the correct negative amount.

... if it's actually 0 then my taxes went up by 7 grand a year.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Harik posted:

Is there a tax plan calculator that takes EITC/ATC into account? Because for basically the entire population of low-income families with children it just says "0" instead of the correct negative amount.

... if it's actually 0 then my taxes went up by 7 grand a year.

For some reason NPR is doing a parade of interviews with Republicans and I just heard the rep of NY-21 tell the country that "Even more economists say tax cuts create jobs". [Than say that trickle down is perhaps a myth as suggested by the host].

I had to shut it off.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm not sure which is more likely: clothing companies are doing something anti-consumer, or Bill O'Reilly is fatter than he thinks.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol they're doing the exact opposite in order to appeal to fat americans' egos

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Cabbit posted:

I'm not sure which is more likely: clothing companies are doing something anti-consumer, or Bill O'Reilly is fatter than he wishes to admit.

One of those cases where the truth is somewhere in the bulging middle

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
There is no way that fat old bastard is 210 pounds at 6'4".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Tip of the Day: furniture companies are making mirrors that don't work the way they used to. I used to smile at the handsome fellow I saw reflected inside, but now there is a hideous, ghoulish old man in there, one who got fired for being a sexmonster."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

TheBalor posted:

sincx posted:

He running.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BlackIronHeart posted:

There is no way that fat old bastard is 210 pounds at 6'4".

Fat weighs less than muscle.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

"Tip of the Day: furniture companies are making mirrors that don't work the way they used to. I used to smile at the handsome fellow I saw reflected inside, but now there is a hideous, ghoulish old man in there, one who got fired for being a sexmonster."

"Objects in mirror not as handsome as they appear"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Fat weighs less than muscle.

I'm 2 inches shorter and that weight with dad bod after being out of the army for a few years. There is no loving way he weighs 210

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm 2 inches shorter and that weight with dad bod after being out of the army for a few years. There is no loving way he weighs 210

400 pounds of poo poo in a 210 frame.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

TheBalor posted:

Just chilling in cedar rapids

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Now we all know Trump's clearing three bills.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

How many times may we relive this hell of them hitting this poo poo back and forth until midterms?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Lycus posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there's no technical requirement that a bill ever needs to go to conference to get passed. The only requirement is that the House and Senate pass identical bills for it to pass to the President's desk. Conference committees help make those when there are differences, but there's nothing stopping either the House or Senate from deciding to vote on a bill that the other has already passed.

umbrage
Sep 5, 2007

beast mode

evilweasel posted:

i might prefer cuomo because competence might be worth it

I

but

I just

no no no no

Cuomo has successfully: been in office while a couple of bridges finished being built. When the loving C train runs on time and a dispensary opens up in my neighborhood, then I'll think of him as anything more than a complete narcissistic shitbird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there's no technical requirement that a bill ever needs to go to conference to get passed. The only requirement is that the House and Senate pass identical bills for it to pass to the President's desk. Conference committees help make those when there are differences, but there's nothing stopping either the House or Senate from deciding to vote on a bill that the other has already passed.

Except they are trying to pass a bill with very specific requirements through the senate so they don't need to clear a 60 vote threshold.

The house is the wild west. whatever the gently caress just go hogwild.

In the senate, they're taking advantage of a rule that was never intended for this purpose

• Locked thread