Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

zgrowler2 posted:

:frogsiren: 150 plat worth of market items to the first goon to answer all of the following questions correctly :frogsiren:

1) In Atma's The Adventures of Satan, you find three souls crucified in a chamber. Who is on the left?

2) Also from Atma's The Adventures of Satan, a man with a podium full of doritos mistakes Beelz for another individual. Which individual?

3) Lastly, in Atma's Endtimes.exe, you consume a deity in a room with a pool. With whom do you share the spoils?

Quote this post with your SA name, IGN, the answers, and the requested items. Best of luck! :gifttank:

I am shaking my head in disgust at anyone whose answers for all three weren't Enlarge Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I won't be judged by you averageswan

TwoWordName
Jan 3, 2013

RoyalScion posted:

While we're doing frame giveaways, I have a full Mirage Prime set to give away.

PC goons only, unfortunately.

Just quote this and put in your:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

I'll pick a winner tomorrow around 5pm PST.

Thanks and good luck.

TwoWordName
Garbage_Day

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Hey I have no idea how to sell stuff in this game or the value of things.

I see the base value of an Orthos riven is in the 150-200 range, but do these rolls increase its value in any way? if I want to sell it, do I just put a listing on the wftrader site and wait for someone to message me?
It seems like the Range might be worth something but the sample size on the trade site is pretty low and all the other ones have mods that I assume are even more desirable.

While I'm here:

RoyalScion posted:

SA name: Count Uvula
Warframe name: EroticWolfman
MR: 8

Thanks and good luck.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RoyalScion posted:

SA: Psion
IG: notpsion
MR: 6

so quick question why do all these giveaways, which require posting on SA, ask for the SA username. I don't mind typing it but I also don't get it. :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Psion posted:

so quick question why do all these giveaways, which require posting on SA, ask for the SA username. I don't mind typing it but I also don't get it. :v:

Ease of data entry. You could just copy and paste each data block in to an excel spreadsheet cell as opposed to having to copy the poster's name separately.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Count Uvula posted:

I see the base value of an Orthos riven is in the 150-200 range, but do these rolls increase its value in any way? if I want to sell it, do I just put a listing on the wftrader site and wait for someone to message me?
It seems like the Range might be worth something but the sample size on the trade site is pretty low and all the other ones have mods that I assume are even more desirable.

While I'm here:

Those are extremely good rolls that will definitely increase its value. Range and slide crit are probably the two most desirable properties on that thing, because the main appeal of weapons like Guandao and Orthos prime is their super-long-range slide attacks. It would only be better if that status chance was replaced with something like damage, crit damage, or just no bonus at all (which would make the other two numbers bigger).

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Quirkk posted:

One of the main criticisms of the new system is that it doesn't actually do anything about the insane slash proc weapons. Anything heavily slash-based will be the same as it was before. It's everything else that loses out with the nerfed slash proc.

What they lose on slash they are supposed to gain in Impact or Puncture, but i agree that right now puncture seem the big looser. Giving a mobs 75% dmg reduction for 4s while it will be dead in less than one has no value in most cases.

Maybe this will shake things up and some bottom tier weapons will find a new life. Having your secondary cause the enemies that surround you to deal nearly no damage could make revive more easy for your team and having the ability to ragdoll enemies out of the way on defence and interception might be interesting. Infested will have a much harder time hurting anyone if you keep bowling them down the hallway.

I agree that so far on theorycraft the changes seem counterproductive and i would love for them to look at armor scaling instead but my opinion is to wait and see. DE might sometime mess up but they are open to correction (most of the time)

Montalvo posted:

I don't know what a proc is and damage types confuse me but I got my whacking stick to have glowy ends by putting blast damage on it somehow so that's cool

How do I change the color of the exterior of my ship?

PROC is the acronym for "programmed random occurence" ie ; somethign that happen % of the time (in our case, on weapon hit) as for damage type being confusing, join the club. I was under the firm impression elemental damage only happened the %status chance untill a few weeks ago.

I played for nearly 3 months without using any elements.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Tallgeese posted:

I am shaking my head in disgust at anyone whose answers for all three weren't Enlarge Satan.

I strongly considered "how many times is Enlarge Satan cast in the abridged version," but I wanted answers that weren't immediately evident from ctrl+f so people who didn't remember offhand would need to look at the panels and engage with the stories.

Answer #2 was also supposed to be Hitler, but my grammar made it ambiguous. Specificity is key!

Soothing Vapors posted:

ok 1.) hitler 2.) st. peter 3.) gay black hitler

Soothing Vapors/Charenton/As many forma bundles as 150 plat will get me, math wasn't part of the deal

Congratulations! You'll get your jiggies whenever I get home tonight since it doesn't look like I can access the market on mobile app.

In unrelated news, I apparently have a ton of vaulted Lith (F1, M1*2, S2, V1) and Meso (C1*4, D1, N1*4, N2, V1*6, V2) Intact Relics. Must be converted Void Keys. I don't know the meta enough to know if any of them are worth refining, nor do I have the refiner module yet, but I'm willing to trade off any of these things. Drop tables are here.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 19, 2017

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

:golfclap: Put your mice away, folks. Nobody's beating this entry.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

update: Limbo is, as was suggested, awful. The prospect of leveling this piece of hopeless, ugly-rear end trash to 30 is just depressing.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Pipski posted:

update: Limbo is, as was suggested, awful. The prospect of leveling this piece of hopeless, ugly-rear end trash to 30 is just depressing.

Take the 1-4 keys off the keyboard and knock out a couple hydrons. You can purge this demon from your system!

limbo is pretty fun solo though

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

what do I really need to join a hydron run aside from corpro

I don't want to be a horrible burden but I do want to level this garbage sniper rifle so I can throw it in the garbage, where it belongs, because it's garbage. Also probably Nyx because even though nyx is not that level of garbage I'm just not feeling it.

on the other hand I also recently discovered the Lex and wowwwww I need this at all times :allears:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Psion posted:

A warframe. Maybe a weapon or two. Should be ok.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Psion posted:

I don't want to be a horrible burden but I do want to level this garbage sniper rifle so I can throw it in the garbage, where it belongs, because it's garbage. Also probably Nyx because even though nyx is not that level of garbage I'm just not feeling it.

on the other hand I also recently discovered the Lex and wowwwww I need this at all times :allears:

You don't need anything to do hydron. Hell, I wouldn't care if you just sat there and shot at the wall. LEAVES MORE KILLING FOR ME.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zgrowler2 posted:

Answer #2 was also supposed to be Hitler, but my grammar made it ambiguous. Specificity is key!
oh man I kinda wish I had caught this

Psion posted:

You will not in any way be a burden in a goon hydron. As long as one person has a good frame or weapon, you are fine.

In a pubbie hydron run I try to always have at least one weapon at 30, because you never know if everyone else is also there to leech. Usually even pubbie hydrons can scrape their way to 10 without much issue.

commish posted:

You don't need anything to do hydron. Hell, I wouldn't care if you just sat there and shot at the wall. LEAVES MORE KILLING FOR ME.

yeah exactly. I hate when I am carrying with Saryn and they steal my kills. MY NUMBERS

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 19, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

All the giveaways lately have been awesome. I'll add one to the list....any newbies who have picked up the game (destiny vets I'm looking at you) on PC recently, hit me up in game at sinaddr. I'm on a decent amount. I'll set you up with a cushion of frame and weapon slots and help with any of the important starter mods you might be missing.

All I ask is that you be interested in sticking with the game for a little while at least - having the right mods and enough slots to not be annoyed is super important. Don't really care what MR you are or whatever.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

What's the recommended CC frame for one of these if I want to bring trash guns and gear drops while keeping abilities up for more than 10-15 waves? I've got every frame from Mirage back, usually bring Frost P or Vauban to defense but I'm flexible.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

What's the recommended CC frame for one of these if I want to bring trash guns and gear drops while keeping abilities up for more than 10-15 waves? I've got every frame from Mirage back, usually bring Frost P or Vauban to defense but I'm flexible.

Not limbo.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

And Tyler Too! posted:

DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES!? DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES THAT SQUEEZE MOBS SO HARD THEY DROP EXTRA LOOT?!

:siren: I'm giving away a full Hydroid Prime set! :siren:

Here are the rules:

1. Post your in-game name
2. Post your mastery rank
3. MSPaint something warframe-related. Using a tablet is cheating, mouse-only!

Prizes!

Winner: Hydroid Prime + Pilfering Swarm + Exilus Adapter + Blue potato!
Consolation prize (up to 3 people): 2 potatoes of your choice! Or, if chosen, you can pass on the winnings to an entry you enjoyed!

You have 24 hours, the clock is ticking!

Buccawash

I call this masterpiece "Things DE has explained in game"

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Big Ink posted:

I call this masterpiece "Things DE has explained in game"

*Slowclap*

That, good sir, really exemplify the warframe experience.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ReWinter posted:

Take the 1-4 keys off the keyboard and knock out a couple hydrons. You can purge this demon from your system!

limbo is pretty fun solo though

He's not that cool solo imo. Being invincible in another dimension means you can't drive-by shoot the enemies as you fly over their heads jumping towards the objective. If I want that kind of "you can just run past everything" experience, I'll use Loki( or maybe Inaros for his sheer level of not-giving-a-gently caress about getting shot).
I do bring out out the no-potato limbo to stick a min-range narrow minded bubble around objectives for excavation or for sortie mobile defense, though.
He would be cool to coordinate cheesy strats with goons where an Excal/Mesa/Saryn/whatever sits invincibly in another dimension while killing everything with abilities, except for some godawful reason banished players' corpro auras stop working.

e:

zgrowler2 posted:

You don't need a CC frame very much because goon hydron is about disintegrating the hordes of grineer baddies before they even get to see what the defense objective looks like. Ideally at least one goon will have a murder-everything frame like ember, banshee, saryn, equinox. If you've already got that covered and you want to help out, you can bring someone that makes your team even killier: Rhino built for roar, Speed Nova with negative power strength, Equinox built for Provoke, maybe Trinity for energy restoration. Octavia does some kind of buff thing too I think?
Or just bring whatever frame you need to level or whoever you have a lens on. It isn't that important.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 20, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Count Uvula posted:

Holy poo poo those stats, I'd say like, 2000 AT LEAST

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

zgrowler2 posted:

If you want to contribute, bring a frame with damage or power buff. Give that to the designated dps guy. Rhino has a damage buff power that's decent even only with Intensify. Transient Fortitude, Power Drift and Blind Rage would be even better, though you will need to run around to grab blue balls. Volt, Mirage, Frost, Ember, Oberon have syndicate mods that makes their power into damage buff.

Sgt. Goku
Sep 29, 2007

"Thank you!"
Massive shoutout to Sazabi for the space capes and everyone else being so generous over the yuletide season!

Now back to grinding out the star chart... Whoo. At least I can look fabulous while doing it now!

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

And the winner is ... Broose/VCREnthusiast.

The rest of you will get a forma bundle, unless you're under MR 10 in which case I'll send out an orokin catalyst and reactor (within the next hour or so)

Happy holidays!

EDIT: All gifts should be sent, let me know if I missed part of your stuff.

VCR, we'll just need to meet up when you're online.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 20, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Avulsion posted:

:siren: Tornavul's Discount FashionFrame Give-away. :siren:

5 Lucky Goons will each receive 200 platinum worth of cosmetics.

This is now over, congratulations to

Oloeopia
Enzeevee
notpsion
Prandroid
and RossCoBrit

It was a close race, but the winners were determined by an uncaring random number generator so nothing you did really mattered! I hope this small gift will inspire you to spend hours upon hours obsessively fiddling with your warframe's appearance until you end up like me, turning tricks at the dojo to feed your terrible addiction perfectly happy and incredibly well dressed. Happy Holidays!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

And thank you! To everyone who's sent me gifts, and extra thanks because a lot of the messages are hilarious. I'm now fashionable and slightly less underequipped.

"so far it's just involved a lot of typing" indeed!

now instead of playing the game i'll just gently caress around with palette colors. you know, doing what matters.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 20, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Nalesh posted:

Holy poo poo those stats, I'd say like, 2000 AT LEAST

:confused: Is the crit chance while sliding a flat value and not based on the weapon's original crit chance or something? I guess it's kinda phrased that way.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Count Uvula posted:

:confused: Is the crit chance while sliding a flat value and not based on the weapon's original crit chance or something? I guess it's kinda phrased that way.
Yes, that's why Maiming Strike (+90% crit chance on slide attacks) is so sought after.

Orthos Prime already has nice range, so that's a real solid riven.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Broose posted:

SA name: Broose
Warframe Name: VCRenthusiast
MR: 24

Although I feel kinda dirty putting my name in even though I'm MR 24 already, but I've become incredibly lazy about relics.

Can't give you the parts unless you come online, come back!

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Avulsion posted:

Oloeopia
Enzeevee
notpsion
Prandroid
and RossCoBrit

It was a close race, but the winners were determined by an uncaring random number generator so nothing you did really mattered! I hope this small gift will inspire you to spend hours upon hours obsessively fiddling with your warframe's appearance until you end up like me, turning tricks at the dojo to feed your terrible addiction perfectly happy and incredibly well dressed. Happy Holidays!

Thank you sir!

My frames now look significantly more fly :-)

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

please send this to DE so i can eventually hang it on my orbiter’s wall :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
many thanks to Avulsion for not only hooking me up with the Strega skin but also a dope-rear end Trinity bobblehead to decorate my orbiter.

yall continue to be the best

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Yapping Eevee posted:

Yes, that's why Maiming Strike (+90% crit chance on slide attacks) is so sought after.

Orthos Prime already has nice range, so that's a real solid riven.

Alright, rad!
I've listed the riven on wftrader for 1900 for now, if any goons want to buy it I'll give a 20~% discount (1500) and I don't mind if you flip it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Major thanks to oedipa for all the slots. I don't know who you are on the forums but I love you.

Odinsgrace
Dec 29, 2013

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

Odinsgrace
Odinsgrace

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Avulsion posted:

Oloeopia
Enzeevee
notpsion
Prandroid
and RossCoBrit

Finally, I have the prettiest landing craft.

Thanks!

Vargs fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 8, 2018

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

I'm a moron.

Ark fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
All this damage 2.5 wa wa wa about slash being nerfed, Slash procs are op as balls and DE needs to nerf it to fix armor guys.

Just make slash do 3% max hp per sec at base, with max slash scale at 7% max hp per sec. With this, A 100% Tigris p does an extra 49% max hp in damage on the first shot over 7 secs, All the stance proc and hunter muntions weaps are fine, And atterax and galatine get nerfed as they no longer get infinite flat finisher damage scaling slash off blood rush and maiming. Make bosses take less damage from slash proc.

There, fixed.

ssmagus fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 20, 2017