Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CarlCX posted:

You actually can look at them in the editor, it's just obtuse. Instead of trying to directly load a downloaded wrestler, go Edit Mode->Wrestler Edit->Create New Edit->Model Wrestler. If you scroll past the default roster you'll get to all of your downloaded characters and you can open them and see what they're like under the hood.

It's really silly that you have to take that roundabout approach, but, y'know, Fire Pro.

Thank you! I figured there was some stupid way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
THE AGES OLD QUESTION

HAS BEEN ANSWERED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPUVRugjq1E

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Don’t know why they didn’t fly when going out of the ring. Was a shame to see such an early elimination from the tournament.

I also really didn’t appreciate the continued fighting, they could have endangered all of the innocent bystanders.

8/10

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Carlzilla's mod actually has an option to remove the lockup for AI matches, it makes watching them much more enjoyable.

What plugin am I looking for here, exactly? I really wish Carlzilla documented his stuff better; I'm also having a lot of trouble getting the Free Cam to work.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

None of those wrestlers are Batista tho?? :confused:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Petit Gregory posted:

None of those wrestlers are Batista tho?? :confused:

which age-old question are you talking about, i'll happily tackle that one next

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
My iPad is my primary gaming device. I like to collect my favorite wrestlemans, but I don’t like tapping and swiping my screen like a lunatic. I am not gacha-averse, but I would like to be able to actually use guys I like and not just hope for Roman.

Is it Supercard? Am I about to download supercard?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cswCSDxtQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7JJrVjcOp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awPd4SYHmXo

I loving love Fire Pro.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

which age-old question are you talking about, i'll happily tackle that one next

I didn't know that was a editable thing in fire pro...

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Minus1Minus1 posted:

My iPad is my primary gaming device. I like to collect my favorite wrestlemans, but I don’t like tapping and swiping my screen like a lunatic. I am not gacha-averse, but I would like to be able to actually use guys I like and not just hope for Roman.

Is it Supercard? Am I about to download supercard?

Supercard is fine as long as you know it sucks going in.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egz4yXQ52rk

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And just think; you had to be sold on Fire Pro

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm still sort of eh on actually playing it. There's a whole lot of stuff that's completely unintuitive to me.

The beauty is, the "actually playing it" part of FPW is not even close to being the real meat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fire Pro for goty i didnt actually play this year but merely observed

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Fire Pro for goty i didnt actually play this year but merely observed
Best Game I Didn't Actually Play has been a pretty strong category over the last few years thanks to Dwarf Fortress, Salty Bet and so on.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I love drinking and trying to get out of the Salt Mines

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

What plugin am I looking for here, exactly? I really wish Carlzilla documented his stuff better; I'm also having a lot of trouble getting the Free Cam to work.

It's under Other Match Options in the More Match Options window.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I've also had trouble with the free cam. the game stops whenever i try to use presets and only resumes after I've selected one, not really intuitive unfortunately.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
1-5 on the keyboard allows you to switch between the first 5 camera presets on the fly. (It took me a while to find that out)

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Spend Nine Hours Looking For A Face That Doesn't Leave Your Wrestler As A Mutant With Half His Head Missing Simulator 2017

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Made a team of Asuka, Kairi Sane, and Hatsune Miku.

Random chance made their debut match against...

Aleister Black
Great Muta
and Bob from Twin Peaks.

The girls put up a good fight but they were no match sadly

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I posted the Ric Flair 8-man dance on Reddit and... judging by the upvote/downvote ratio and the dislikes that have been popping up on the video, people seem a little unhappy

:smith:

is there anything I should be doing to improve my matches? maybe just better "booking"/being choosier with the CAWs I put against each other?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Disgusting Coward posted:

Spend Nine Hours Looking For A Face That Doesn't Leave Your Wrestler As A Mutant With Half His Head Missing Simulator 2017

There's a rest of the head fill in in the hair section near the bottom

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so I posted the Ric Flair 8-man dance on Reddit and... judging by the upvote/downvote ratio and the dislikes that have been popping up on the video, people seem a little unhappy

is there anything I should be doing to improve my matches? maybe just better "booking"/being choosier with the CAWs I put against each other?

Don't post your matches on Reddit.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Don't post your matches on Reddit.

Mostly this; SC definitely doesn't give a poo poo about Fire Pro and /firepro only has like 10-20 people on at any given time. If you want to make this an actual thing people care about, your best bet is trying to run an actual league of some kind on a twitch stream rather than just random match video posts, and post on fireproclub or something where the community actually is.

Also, I get why you did it but posting your own thing with a "someone simulated this" header when they can easily realize it's you means the backlash will always be worse than the benefit.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Also, I get why you did it but posting your own thing with a "someone simulated this" header when they can easily realize it's you means the backlash will always be worse than the benefit.

Basically this except without the "I get why you did it" part.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Don't post on Reddit.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

that is correct yes

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Borrowed Ladder posted:

There's a rest of the head fill in in the hair section near the bottom

Is this a sentence that makes sense because I have read it about a dozen times now and it's like what

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Disgusting Coward posted:

Is this a sentence that makes sense because I have read it about a dozen times now and it's like what

There is a head part thing in the hair list that is half a bald head and can fill in most of the partial heads from the older games for when you want a different hairstyle than originally intended. Only the heads that are new for Fire Pro World have full heads under the hair, as head and hair being separate parts is a new feature for the series.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just had my first simmed tag tournament in Fire Pro that I actually booked as opposed to randomizing. Teams were:

The Authors of Pain over The Steiner Brothers
Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero over KO and Sami
Nate and Nick Diaz over Finlay and Regal
Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho over Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne

Authors over Eddie and Rey
Diaz Bros over Benoit and Jericho

Diaz Bros over Authors of Pain

The Diaz Bros won each of their matches in under 10 minutes with chokeholds so I guess real fighting is better than fake fighting. The Rey/Eddie vs KOSZ, Brits vs Chrises, and Authors vs Rey/Eddie all got over 85% rating too. It's cool to watch the sims when the CAW creators have clearly tuned the logic so well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this has come up before- "Gruesome"/MMA fighters have all sorts of advantages over wrestlers and are best kept separate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah this has come up before- "Gruesome"/MMA fighters have all sorts of advantages over wrestlers and are best kept separate.

I'm glad to know that Fire Pro is a shoot, personally.

E: Now I want to go the other direction and book a bunch of MMA dudes in a landmine deathmatch league

E2: it turns out that despite being much better at fighting than wrestlers, shoot fighters are much more susceptible to being blown up with bombs. All my matches keep ending in double KOs when the timebombs go off. Cowards

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 22, 2017

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

In addition to what everyone else has mentioned, I"d suggest not using the same Ric Flair for all 8 Ric Flairs. Aside from it looking kinda dull, the fact they all have the same moveset and CPU logic means they're all going to fight exactly the same. Grabbing 8 random Ric Flairs from the workshop would result in a more interesting match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'd completely forgotten one of the things I was doing in my TEW2016 Montreal save. So Bubba Ray Dudley is a lower midcard heel working a racist gimmick (rated legendary) with Dave Meltzer as his manager (nicknamed Big Daddy Meltz because of course) and it's working out decently.

I also got possibly the worst Pillman memorial show booked by the AI. It's such a pile of poo poo until the semi-main

Johnny Devine goes to a double countout with Denny Kass (some dude that was in BCW at the time) (E)
Sandman beats James Storm (D)
Monster Ripper beats Brandi Alexander (E-)
Sabu beats Ricky Morton (D+
Danny Doring beats Phil LaFon (E+)
Scotty 2 Hotty beats Edge (D+)
Shawn Stasiak beat Bushwhacker Luke (D-)
Barry Windham beat Henry Godwin (D+)
Earthquake beat Miguel Perez Jr (D)
Godfather went to a double count out with Chris Jericho (C+)
Sting beat Scott Steiner (B+)

It just went from maybe a 4/10 to an easy 6.5/10.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm glad to know that Fire Pro is a shoot, personally.

E: Now I want to go the other direction and book a bunch of MMA dudes in a landmine deathmatch league

E2: it turns out that despite being much better at fighting than wrestlers, shoot fighters are much more susceptible to being blown up with bombs. All my matches keep ending in double KOs when the timebombs go off. Cowards

Yeah shooters have a much harder time defending against pro wrestling stuff like slams, aerial moves, powerbombs, bomb bombs, etc.

They're still absolute beasts due to their ability to stuff out Irish Whips and get a massive lead in damage in the early match, though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I got a laptop and wanted to install TEW16 on it, and I’m reminded about how much I hate the GDS license system. This isn’t Microsoft Office or something, let me install it on two machines

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tag match was happening between my CAWs and in the midst of the match, all 4 were in the ring. one non-active wrestled KO'd another with his finisher, which I've never seen happen in a tag match before; the body would just stay there so now this guy has nobody to tag out to. Seconds later the active guy gets KO'd too, amazing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I got a laptop and wanted to install TEW16 on it, and I’m reminded about how much I hate the GDS license system. This isn’t Microsoft Office or something, let me install it on two machines
There's like a half dozen annoying and inexplicable things about TEW. That's one. The one I hate the most, though, is that the dude still hasn't worked out how to write files to a user folder, so you have to run the fucker with admin privileges to write to program files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I like how HD resolutions still break his user interface