Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

ADK was the first mon I ever max-skilled. I even ran two of them in my team for a while, they were just that good.

I got off the ADK train with my Valkyrie and TWO max skilled Sirens. I was on top of the meta.

I also had a max skill Vampire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

bengy81 posted:

This is my favorite friend on my list.

Dude has been using Indra the whole time I’ve been friends with him.
o7

What's your longest friend time? I have [SA]Seeker at 1631 days.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kuros posted:

What's your longest friend time? I have [SA]Seeker at 1631 days.
oh no don't purge me I haven't logged in in three days but it's because I updated my stupid phone to android 8.1

(also I think you're like... third or fourth on my list of longest time, because I still have Unknown_PC and a few others)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trucu still using a 2012 lead

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

Couldn't help but notice that I've somehow managed to get like 200+ ranks above even the people who started before me; I guess I really play this game too much.

Anyway, I just cleared out some friend space, so I'll go ahead and whore myself out for friend invites - I have Diablos and Dark Athena up all the time: 355,176,208

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I have one friend who is 1,707 days old - who I friended even before finding the PAD thread on SA. He was reliably running a good ADK back when I was running ADK.

Next one down is UPC - I got in on it right away when the friend cap increased many years ago, and he offered to take any goon.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My oldest friend is 1415 days. And Noodle Boy is my oldest goon friend at 1348 days.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

My brother is my oldest friend at 1488 days. Bengy is my oldest remaining goon friend at 1307 days.

Between that I've got 3 randoms still playing and my alt at 1434 days.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

GoodBee posted:

1488 days

:eyepop:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh no don't purge me I haven't logged in in three days but it's because I updated my stupid phone to android 8.1

(also I think you're like... third or fourth on my list of longest time, because I still have Unknown_PC and a few others)

I don't purge until usually someone hasn't logged in for 30 days.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

GoodBee posted:

1488 days

I've still got my last in game mail from logon bonuses. I got my 1450 day bonus 6 days ago. That means I've missed 32 days of logging on over my 4+ years of playing this dumb game. Yay! :v:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn’t realize how long some of these people were on my friends list. :eyepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You should purge the Hera imo what the hell is that poo poo :v:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Kuros posted:

I don't purge until usually someone hasn't logged in for 30 days.

Half my friends list hasn't played in a year+. I don't really see any point in purging them. Zeta's Diablos is the only friend leader I use for anything hard and non-BFF pal points are a drop in the bucket.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You should purge the Hera imo what the hell is that poo poo :v:

my first bff has used the same red cyberdragon and starter red dragon as leads for like 2 years now

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Plorkyeran posted:

Half my friends list hasn't played in a year+. I don't really see any point in purging them. Zeta's Diablos is the only friend leader I use for anything hard and non-BFF pal points are a drop in the bucket.

I purge because then I can have more, active friends!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trucu still using a 2012 lead

There isn't much to do for me lately but farming exp stuff. I could use a button team but I enjoy doing a single match,

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

bengy81 posted:

This is my favorite friend on my list.

Dude has been using Indra the whole time I’ve been friends with him.
o7

Holy man....I didn't realize I've been playing more than 1219 days. Glad to have you as a friend! Also...I can adjust my leads. I just keep Kushi, Dathena and Cthugha up but I can switch to many other things. Except I don't have Yog...that bastard is elusive.

Edit: I thought we were best friends :negative:

Vasler fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 20, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wow I rolled xmas grem, idk what's up with my luck lately. first ideal from dbdc and now this. this is the first 8* I've rolled on my alt since ny amaterasu

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rathios Rathios Rathios Venus Venus

Wow, it really does suck to start from scratch. This alt has had rotten luck.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I was thinking about rolling up an alt for myself but I'd probably be better to wait for Godfest again...right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I was thinking about rolling up an alt for myself but I'd probably be better to wait for Godfest again...right?

yea most of the christmas rem still isn't that good and the 8* stuff is about a 1% chance to drop. most of the 6* monsters are pretty dated at this point outside of solais (who's not a good lead and only worthwhile in coop besides) and you won't get far with the 5* stuff. only reason to roll is for nice art unless you're committed to whaling for the rare stuff, and even then you could do better than this. I definitely wouldn't try to roll an alt with the xmas rem

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Manatee Cannon posted:

wow I rolled xmas grem, idk what's up with my luck lately. first ideal from dbdc and now this. this is the first 8* I've rolled on my alt since ny amaterasu

Is she good for anything in particular? I pulled her from my free roll earlier this week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Is she good for anything in particular? I pulled her from my free roll earlier this week.

xmas grem has high stats (lotta rcv for being red), is unbindable, has a bind clear (both on her active and as an awakening), and has good typing including balanced so she can take any killer latent you want. her 3 rows seem like a waste to me but the te/sb are nice. she can also be limit broken and will get super awakenings (fua, >80% boost, and restrict resist). she seems like a good sub to me

as a lead, she seems ok. here's some things to consider:

-dual xmas grem gives you a 1/324/1 lead with a shield. lotta damage, but...
-half of her ls only activates when you use an active skill. that's bad
-she has no color restrictions so you can use something like daiochan or gunma to maximize your damage. tardis doesn't qualify, unfortunately. dunno what the best on color alternative would be
-the other half of her ls is a cross shield, but that shield alone gives you x36 damage. good enough if you're still just starting out on the descended dungeons
-rows can't be used at the same time as fua so idk that it's a good idea to load up on them. I'd probably use 7c subs or a haste system

e: it'd be cool if they swapped her balanced type boost with physical. that'd add inahime and tardis to her subpool and let you run a really solid (and seasonally appropriate) r/g team. tardis/inahime/verdandi/enra would be pretty good I think. she'd still be orb hungry but you'd have a lot of damage control, scaling from x9/x36/x324 whenever you want

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 20, 2017

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

It's been a while since I last removed anyone huh.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Keep the BF because you're not a monster :shobon:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

IllegallySober posted:

I’m sure Kuros still has a few starter accounts lying around.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hello, I am old.

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

All my friends are dead.

good jovi fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 20, 2017

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

ChikoDemono posted:

I wasn't sure if anyone still did that anymore. I'll shoot Kuros a PM then. Thanks!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I'm just over here on Android 8.1 thinking about all the space I'll have for new friends when I get back :smith:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ChikoDemono posted:

I also have Crypto's old account (I think it's his) if anyone is interested.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I also have Crypto's old account (I think it's his) if anyone is interested.

Depending on what's on it, it might be better than what I can offer.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Who even needs starter accounts nowadays, when you can take pretty much any 5* or higher lead and rack up 50+ stones with some halfway decent friend leaders.

The only times I'd recommend re-rolling are:

1) If you get a silver egg;
2) If you get a leader that is too hard to activate right off the bat (Anubis, Ra);
3) If you get a leader that offers no meaningful stat boost (Ganesha).

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
okay so you recommend rerolling most of the time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, I'd keep anubis, ganesha, or ra even if they aren't that useful right away. especially the first two

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I think people re-roll because they want to start with a top-tier pull from the REM like Yog and guarantee that they’re happy with What they got, then fast stones on top of that.

Anyway, I’m starting to remember why I quit pad. I find it very fun but I can only do 2 good dungeons before Im out of stamina, and if I fail a descend it’s a real bummer. I’ve already cleared all the cheap dungeons. I’d like to play for more than 12 mins a day.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 20, 2017

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

For the first time in my PAD history, I had to stall out Parvati because I didn’t bring a delay. Protip: always bring a delay

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Chewbot posted:

I think people re-roll because they want to start with a top-tier pull from the REM like Yog and guarantee that they’re happy with What they got, then fast stones on top of that.

Anyway, I’m starting to remember why I quit pad. I find it very fun but I can only do 2 good dungeons before Im out of stamina, and if I fail a descend it’s a real bummer. I’ve already cleared all the cheap dungeons. I’d like to play for more than 12 mins a day.

What rank are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Kuros posted:

What rank are you?

I’m only early 200, practically a baby ;D. With 118 sta I can do two 50-cost and that’s it. Am I missing something stupidly obvious?