Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
So sorry to hear about your budgie, Tadhg Dall :(

Keeping you and your little Oliver in our thoughts here...

Captain Log posted:

We are still in the period where my cell phone is an evil death brick. Actual good pictures will take a little time...

So tiny!

and omg!!!! BABY!!!! its a spudling :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

New babytiel is very cute.

He looks like he's thinking real hard about something :3:

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Ohtori is so goddamn beautiful

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

1500 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 19, 2017

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Big 'ol dinosaur feets :kimchi:

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
So I did a bird thing today! Went and toured Emerald Forest Bird Gardens in Fallbrook, CA. The owner, Jerry Jennings, is pretty much the authority on Toucans and captive breeding. He was the first to breed many species of toucan in captivity. I did a whole tour but didn't get any good photos with the bigger breeds as they were too far away in their cages but I have some small breed and baby photos and videos. I'll make a bigger effort post in a few days when I get back home to chicago but for now I leave you with a photo of a Toucanet biting a (my) fingat.

Rallos fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 20, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That's clearly a tum you're about to lose :colbert:.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tadhg :(

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Yup that's a dinosaur!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

My Google says I have shown interest in cockatiel. :3:

https://gizmodo.com/this-cockatiel-can-sing-an-apple-ringtone-perfectly-and-1821429575

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQuDyuQFKE

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The other Cockatoo, however... :allears:.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

"Wat, no, wat r u doin... Pls stahp. No."

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

My wife bought an "overnight" cage for Scout for when we board her with the vet or a friend and it's currently set up on our desk for her to get used to it. Now I tease her a bit for being a dum-dum but man this bird has got no sense. There is a big open door to the cage and she is standing in teh corner closest to me trying to find a way out through the bars and begging me to pick her up. I even put my hand into the cage THROUGH THE OPEN DOOR and she doesn't get it. Bird, I am touching you with my hand, the hand which would put you on my shoulder, it's coming through the door... but nope. Begging.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The other Cockatoo, however... :allears:.

Yeah, it came from here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rb6TZ

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rallos posted:

So I did a bird thing today! Went and toured Emerald Forest Bird Gardens in Fallbrook, CA. The owner, Jerry Jennings, is pretty much the authority on Toucans and captive breeding. He was the first to breed many species of toucan in captivity. I did a whole tour but didn't get any good photos with the bigger breeds as they were too far away in their cages but I have some small breed and baby photos and videos. I'll make a bigger effort post in a few days when I get back home to chicago but for now I leave you with a photo of a Toucanet biting a (my) fingat.

Why are there jagged spikes on the inside of that bird's beak? :stonk:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I still want to know if there's a video to the gif of those two cockatoos, one of them flicking their head and visibly screeching while the other one flinches and the gif zooms in on it.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Youth Decay posted:

They don't feel jagged at all to the touch. Maybe for somehow helping them to eat fruit in the wild? Toucans are softbills so that big beak is made of a spongey cartilage with a keratin coating. He was play biting me and it felt like the lightest pinch. They are not capable of biting hard.

Fake edit: Toucan tongues extend all the way to the end of the beaks and they look like really thin feathers. Not at all like a parrot tongue. I wish I got a picture.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
The budgies at the pet shop at the mall are not happy with the late night Christmas shopping. They are equal parts horny and salty which results in much ((((screm))))

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Youth Decay posted:

I don't know what they're actually for, but for a long time the theory was that they were primitive teeth and the toucan was primarily carnivorous :black101:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Last minute it turns out we can go to UK for Christmas/New Year this year after all, so birds are going to the (good) vet to get boarded for almost two weeks again

Feeling the usual worried/nervous/etc and wonder how birbs will cope-especially Steve, since he likely won't be let out at all. He's been so happy lately and it's all going to be RUINED on Saturday

She's so beautiful. Her feathers are really lovely condition too, all over. Is that a phone book on top of the cage?

Nov 3, 2015

Battle Pigeon posted:

Last minute it turns out we can go to UK for Christmas/New Year this year after all, so birds are going to the (good) vet to get boarded for almost two weeks again

Feeling the usual worried/nervous/etc and wonder how birbs will cope-especially Steve, since he likely won't be let out at all. He's been so happy lately and it's all going to be RUINED on Saturday

She's so beautiful. Her feathers are really lovely condition too, all over. Is that a phone book on top of the cage?

It is, free toy with free home delivery.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Reminds me of those old timey photos of 1800s men posing with their rifles.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Battle Pigeon posted:

s that a phone book on top of the cage?

You say phone book bird owners say "free annual chew toy"

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I haven't seen a phone book in many many years but I bet Ohtori would love shredding that stuff at night

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Inko was hanging out on the side of his cage, I offered him my uncovered arm, the part next to hand. He did actually step straightup, but tripped, fell forward, and used beak on flesh to stay on. He bit hard but instantly let go. He didn't hang on or grind down. Mistake or progress?

Then like five minutes of persuasion later he stepped up on to side of hand, on the knuckle (so right below the terrible fingats he hates so much), without biting or testing. It's been over four years so hesitant, but it really feels like maybe we're getting somewhere and "soon" he could step on to a finger-at least, if it's in a fist turned sideways

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

Inko was hanging out on the side of his cage, I offered him my uncovered arm, the part next to hand. He did actually step straightup, but tripped, fell forward, and used beak on flesh to stay on. He bit hard but instantly let go. He didn't hang on or grind down. Mistake or progress?

Then like five minutes of persuasion later he stepped up on to side of hand, on the knuckle (so right below the terrible fingats he hates so much), without biting or testing. It's been over four years so hesitant, but it really feels like maybe we're getting somewhere and "soon" he could step on to a finger-at least, if it's in a fist turned sideways

go go Inko!!! You can do it!!

Nov 3, 2015

Battle Pigeon posted:

That's great.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

"Lucky the iPhone ringtone singing cockatiel reacts to his own viral video":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo-L_3OWAQ

Nov 3, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/Coc8Cft.mp4

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

If you enjoyed sneezing chicken, you might enjoy https://imgur.com/gallery/MyRyLf5

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If you want jumping chicken videos I got that.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

If you want jumping chicken videos I got that.

Hook me up dude!

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 21, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

theHUNGERian posted:

Hook me up dude!

It took me longer than it should have to realize it is a Rick and Morty joke.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

theHUNGERian posted:

Hook me up dude!

sigh...I watch Rick and Morty every once in a while, but I no get this...

someone dumb it down for me please?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

what should the text in the bottom right panel say if the pattern were continued? say it out loud if you have to.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Disco Salmon posted:

Rip bird person.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Steve looks so judgmental :allears:

edit: Judgemen-tiel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Disco Salmon posted:

I don't see it as a Rick and Morty reference. To me it's just a joke about birds killing their owners in their sleep.