Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Detective No. 27 posted:

every single clamshell Nintendo handheld has had their design be upside down when unfolded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Most*

Spellman
May 31, 2011

That's actually Lorule on the top, Hyrule is just having a bad day on the bottom half

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the B button on my 2DSXL has started being sticky/squishy today and I'm not sure why. I don't eat while playing so I doubt it was any of the various sticky syrups and sauces I imbibe. any tips for how to fix it that don't involve taking it apart or paying Nintendo $50 to do it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

It won't. People like sitting on couches with big screens too much.

*this hasn't stopped AAA trying to kill couch multiplayer

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

indigi posted:

the B button on my 2DSXL has started being sticky/squishy today and I'm not sure why. I don't eat while playing so I doubt it was any of the various sticky syrups and sauces I imbibe. any tips for how to fix it that don't involve taking it apart or paying Nintendo $50 to do it

If it’s a New 2DSXL, then you’re definitely under warranty still and Nintendo should fix that for free. Call them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does EO5 stand out in some way, or is it more of the same dungeon mapping?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SelenicMartian posted:

Does EO5 stand out in some way, or is it more of the same dungeon mapping?

It's fairly similar to the other titles. If you liked the other EO games, you'll like it. If you didn't, it won't change your mind on the series.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The EO producer did an interview a day or so ago where he said the final EO 3DS game isn't Untold 3 and it'll be the true culmination of the series so far, with "so much mapping you'll be sick of it"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The EO producer did an interview a day or so ago where he said the final EO 3DS game isn't Untold 3 and it'll be the true culmination of the series so far, with "so much mapping you'll be sick of it"

cant wait for persona q2

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

actually i was doing an irony but have they announced a persona q2 because it wouldnt surprise me

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cake Attack posted:

actually i was doing an irony but have they announced a persona q2 because it wouldnt surprise me

They did yeah

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Cake Attack posted:

Yep, but we have no details on aside from that it will involve the P5 cast, and that it exists.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I swear I read a quote when EO5 came out here that it would be the last 3DS one and that the next one would be very different or something. Aw well, I'm cool with more 3DS games happening.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
PQ1 could have been good if it just had better balancing, and characterization, and story

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so could every bad rpg

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I swear I read a quote when EO5 came out here that it would be the last 3DS one and that the next one would be very different or something. Aw well, I'm cool with more 3DS games happening.

Same I'm confused now

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Picross e8's out this week - it's pretty much just e7 Again with new puzzles: http://www.jupiter.co.jp/e/3ds/picrosse8/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMltAizov8w

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Dec 21, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

3DS
Battleminerz - $4.99 / Ł4.99 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Become a Miner, Farmer or Adventurer. It's up to you!
  • Single-player Adventure, Creative and Horde Mode
  • Multiplayer Adventure, Creative and Battle mode
  • Internet with anybody*, friends only or Local Play**
  • Internet Game Chat and messages
  • Character customisation and texture packs
  • New tools, items and weapons to craft
  • Grow crops, ride animals, explore, build and survive!

Mario Party: The Top 100 - $39.99 / Ł34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 10 NA / Dec 22 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Ever partied with Mario? Stuffed mouthfuls of pizza? Dodged penguins? Well, the party is back with the top 100 minigames in Mario Party™ series history! Test your memory, speed, and luck in a variety of multiplayer minigame types. With Download Play, up to 4 players can party on their own system with just 1 Game Card! This time the fun comes faster, thanks to some fresh features, including a Favorites option for quicker minigame selection and streamlined instructions. Start playing and pretty soon you'll find there's only enough room for the best at this funfest!

Picross e8 - $5.99 / Ł ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The 8th game in the Picross e series! The newest version of the series, withall the functions of previous titles!" The 8th game in the Picross e series with over 500,000 downloads worldwide. It retains all the functions of Picross e 7, with all new puzzles. Enjoy Picross in a comfortable play environment refined from all the previous series. Picross is a "Picture Crossword Puzzle Game" where numbers act as hints to complete images. The rules are simple and easy to grasp. Anyone can do it!

New 3DS
Breakout Defense 2 - $6.99 / Ł5.99 / €6.99 (Nov 23 NA / Dec 21 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Breakout Defense is a breakout game where you will face off against the computer opponent through 20 exciting levels. Do your best to defend your own blocks while at the same time aiming to destroy the blocks of the computer opponent.

Mom Hid My Game! - $4.99 / Ł4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Let's find the game console Mom's hid! Is it inside the chest or on the shelf? Could it be under the sofa, too? Where is it!? Find the game in each level using various items! An easy-going and funny escape game awaits!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

irlZaphod posted:

Mom Hid My Game! - $4.99 / Ł4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Let's find the game console Mom's hid! Is it inside the chest or on the shelf? Could it be under the sofa, too? Where is it!? Find the game in each level using various items! An easy-going and funny escape game awaits!
Squee! But too pricey if it's just the content of one old mobile title.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

So I'm planning on getting a 3ds once I start my new job next month, but I never had a DS before so I wanted to try out some old DS games. Does Nintendo sell any old DS games in there eShop and is there a list somewhere of what's worth getting?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

So I'm planning on getting a 3ds once I start my new job next month, but I never had a DS before so I wanted to try out some old DS games. Does Nintendo sell any old DS games in there eShop and is there a list somewhere of what's worth getting?

Someone can correct me, but I believe the only place that sells old DS games is the Wii U eshop. The only DS games you can download on the 3DS are the old DSiware games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SardonicTyrant posted:

You have to buy used DS games at this point. You’d probably be better off just getting a flash card since there’s a huge amount of fake DS carts online.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

SardonicTyrant posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ds/metascore

Notable games for me would be:

The World Ends with You
Trauma Center 1 & 2
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Professor Layton series
Contra 4
Henry Hatsworth
Okamiden
Wario Ware Touched
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

A lot of the other best stuff has been released or remade on a ton of platforms so I skipped that (Chrono Trigger, Etrian Odyssey, etc).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seconding TWEWY, it's so drat good.
e - Elite Beat Agents as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bottom Liner posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ds/metascore

Notable games for me would be:

The World Ends with You
Trauma Center 1 & 2
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Professor Layton series
Contra 4
Henry Hatsworth
Okamiden
Wario Ware Touched
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

A lot of the other best stuff has been released or remade on a ton of platforms so I skipped that (Chrono Trigger, Etrian Odyssey, etc).

Other good ones,

Infinite Space
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Radiant Historia
Dragon Quest 9
Dragon Quest 5
Animal Crossing
Phoenix Wright
Ghost Trick
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Black/White 2
Final Fantasy Tactics: A2

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Radiant Historia is getting a 3DS remake in a few months.

Skip Animal Crossing on Dzs and get New Leaf.

Get the DS port of Chrono Trigger. It's excellent. Don't buy it on a loving phone.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Picross DS and Picross 3D are fantastic if you're Into That Sort Of Thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pretend I copy and pasted Ghost Trick like a hundred times in this post

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ports of the first four Phoenix Wright games are available on the eShop. Along with the fifth and sixth games.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

cheetah7071 posted:

pretend I copy and pasted Ghost Trick like a hundred times in this post

This.

Hotel Dusk and the sequel are good finds, too.

Also, I suggest getting a decent size SD card for your 3DS, as a lot of retail games are also downloadable, and there are a ton of cool exclusives on the eShop as well.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

irlZaphod posted:

Picross e8 - $5.99 / Ł ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The 8th game in the Picross e series! The newest version of the series, withall the functions of previous titles!" The 8th game in the Picross e series with over 500,000 downloads worldwide. It retains all the functions of Picross e 7, with all new puzzles. Enjoy Picross in a comfortable play environment refined from all the previous series. Picross is a "Picture Crossword Puzzle Game" where numbers act as hints to complete images. The rules are simple and easy to grasp. Anyone can do it!

Wait what? Oh man if it's not a repeat of the Picross s puzzles I will buy this asap

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Zore posted:

Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Black/White 2

Generally you want to start with the latest Pokémon, and Ultra is an expanded version of Sun/Moon, so if you're going to catch 'em all just get one of the Ultras.

someone remembered infinite space :swoon:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is there something about infinite space i was missing when i played it cause i found the game to be relentlessly dull and the combat system mediocre

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This.

Hotel Dusk and the sequel are good finds, too.

Also, I suggest getting a decent size SD card for your 3DS, as a lot of retail games are also downloadable, and there are a ton of cool exclusives on the eShop as well.

... They made a sequel? gently caress.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fuzz posted:

... They made a sequel? gently caress.

Yeah, Last Window was never released in North America though. (Fortunately DS carts are region free)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zat posted:

Yeah, Last Window was never released in North America though. (Fortunately DS carts are region free)

To clarify a little, it still had an English release in EU regions.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

This might be :files: but is the best way to emulate DS games a flash card or on a PC? If it's a flash card, what is a good one for the New 3DS, and what would I need to roll it?

Turns out that collecting DS games is fairly expensive.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pc is fine for anything that doesn't really use the touch screen but I can't imagine playing something like twewy on a pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

This might be :files: but is the best way to emulate DS games a flash card or on a PC? If it's a flash card, what is a good one for the New 3DS, and what would I need to roll it?

Turns out that collecting DS games is fairly expensive.

Ideally you should get a DS flashcart with an ntrboot mode, because aside from running DS games those models also make it very easy to jailbreak your 3DS firmware regardless of which version you have installed.

There's a list here: https://3ds.guide/ntrboot