Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Enchanted Hat posted:

:barf:

Holy poo poo that's bad

Does anyone have a link to the thread?
Yes it's between the post you quoted and your post.

Also those excerpts are bad enough. It looks like it was written as a loving parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

TheAgent posted:

its okay, in a few years when 99% of them flip and start up with the whole "where are my spaceships, mr roberts??" I think I can swing some of them to donate to worthy causes

you can already see people starting to lose their poo poo over 3.0, it's not going to improve

I also find it hilarious that all of the stuff they are working on, the new interdictions, the graphic improvements to QT and planetary entry, the fixing of bugs with lighting and poo poo that shouldn't even be on their radar is because they need that poo poo for the SQ42 demo/machinima artists

thursday is going to be the best. I'll be sitting at my fav bar with tequila shots lined up ready to shitpost like gently caress

Thursday I'm waking up, putting on my snuggy, having an American breakfast, and waiting for the entertainment to begin

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

where's the maple syrup for that stack of bacon?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just trying to imagine how much pressure CIGZ are under this week, trying to get 3.0 to look like it uses graphics acceleration, showing the Sqaukron 42 progress, dealing with a law suit and a potential run on refunds. It's like a perfect storm!

If only someone could kickstart a juicer that operates off of CIG development pressure with special (concierge) packs. No matter how much you squeeze you wouldn't get anything out of it but boy howdy it'll squeeze.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Solarin posted:

Stop trying to make my breakfast Canadian you hoser!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dark Off posted:

more proof for skadden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LriXzb-YXWs
Unless CR is telling the truth, which i doubt :allears:
Cr also talks about licensing the platform for others. At least thats the picture im getting from the wording.

If I am not mistaken, previous context missing in the video, the platform comment is probably referring to the crowdfunding platform. Ie how to help other projects crowdfunding etc.

The rest of his comments about “full buy out” are even more clear cut than Erin’s post in their old forums. Either CR is full poo poo, doesn’t have a clue of what CIG really bought/licensed from Crytek, or Skadden is full of incompetent interns.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 20, 2017

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Solarin posted:

Why would you do this :( A sprinkling of chives and/or egg on the side, ok. Syrup, jam or other weirdness? That's like putting pineapple on your pizza.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/211053913?t=02h56m53s

:gary:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PederP posted:

Why would you do this :( A sprinkling of chives and/or egg on the side, ok. Syrup, jam or other weirdness? That's like putting pineapple on your pizza.
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but maple syrup is amazing with ham and bacon. Just amazing.

Up here they make maple flavored bacon. A quick google search shows it shows up in the US too.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jum-Jum posted:

Finally got the refund! It only took two months to get back $35! And I got it just a week before CryTek sued CIG!

I mostly lurk but because of the whole CryTek thing I couldn't resist posting. I've been reading these threads for years now and even if it is "only" $35 I just had to do it out of principle. The important thing to me wasn't to get the money back to me it to not give them anything. Friend of mine is a cultist to this game, and he already converted two of my other friends into this scam. You know what he said when he heard about CryTek? "they will lose faith from everyone for this" "didn't they have problems paying their staff?" "desperate". As a friend I tried to make him 'see the light' for years but I guess it doesn't matter now anymore when he won't be able to refund anyway, who cares its only a couple of hundreds each on a bunch of jpegs...

Also just wanna give a thanks for all the laughs some of the stuff over the years was hilarious (gamescom presentation this year was THE BEST LOL) but I just never wanted to shitpost except for this one time. <3

see you in the verse commandos o7

Congratulations!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes it's between the post you quoted and your post.

Also those excerpts are bad enough. It looks like it was written as a loving parody.

Oh yeah, I'm retarded. Thanks!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

nnnotime posted:

What about IP rights for content used in the movie? In the RPO movie if they feature the DeLorean from Back To The Future then do they have to pay any movie residuals to the Back To the Future IP owners?

it doesnt matter anymore because disney owns everything

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

I'm a time traveller from the future and I have bad news: He tried, but had a heart attack just before he reached the bottle.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but maple syrup is amazing with ham and bacon. Just amazing.

Up here they make maple flavored bacon. A quick google search shows it shows up in the US too.

Absolutely not kidding. Bacon is the spice for other protein, such as egg, fish or beef. Or great in lonesome majesty. Putting maple syrup on bacon is misguided in the same way as putting wagyu beef on a nigiri. Great concepts that shouldn't mix. Maple syrup is for pancakes and salmon glazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PederP posted:

Absolutely not kidding. Bacon is the spice for other protein, such as egg, fish or beef. Or great in lonesome majesty. Putting maple syrup on bacon is misguided in the same way as putting wagyu beef on a nigiri. Great concepts that shouldn't mix. Maple syrup is for pancakes and salmon glazing.

Normally I'd agree but from a culinary standpoint, maple syrup bacon is a known thing and maple-glazed bacon is actually very popular. Going overboard with the maple isn't wise, but neither is going overboard with bacon itself. Adding a sweet note to something very, very fatty and salty works. It just does. A less-intense form of the same idea is glazing ham with pineapple and honey or brown sugar. The latter also explains why pineapple pizza exists.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

PederP posted:

Syrup on your bacon can happen accidentally (e.g. when one is eating pancakes or waffles alongside bacon), but it should never be applied intentionally. It's immoral.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A similar flavor principle can be found in teriyaki sauce on beef.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Yes, I concede that a mild sweetening of salty/umami dishes (ie meat) makes culinary sense. But bacon is already sweet by itself, especially if it's pancetta. It doesn't need external sweetening, on the contrary, the frying often needs to be carefully controlled to avoid the Maillard reaction resulting in the sweetness overpowering the other notes. Depending on the curing process, composition of the brine, the cut of meat, etc. it may be less important to be paranoid about the frying, but I've never had bacon that I felt lacked sweetness.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

PederP posted:

Yes, I concede that a mild sweetening of salty/umami dishes (ie meat) makes culinary sense. But bacon is already sweet by itself, especially if it's pancetta. It doesn't need external sweetening, on the contrary, the frying often needs to be carefully controlled to avoid the Maillard reaction resulting in the sweetness overpowering the other notes. Depending on the curing process, composition of the brine, the cut of meat, etc. it may be less important to be paranoid about the frying, but I've never had bacon that I felt lacked sweetness.

youre wrong sorry dude

sweet + salty are one of the universally known combos bro.

concede this culinary fight and live to fight another day

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I feel like the above really is one of those "Only in America" things. Like, seriously - you guys put sweetener into almost every food I tasted when I travelled there this summer. It's cool at first, but after 3 weeks I really did feel like puking sometimes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

I feel like the above really is one of those "Only in America" things. Like, seriously - you guys put sweetener into almost every food I tasted when I travelled there this summer.

I feel the same way about thai food actually.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Old cheese, lettuce, and salmon sandwich with honey-mayonnaise dressing washed down with orange juice for breakfast before going to the market for 'supplies'

Sounds about as weird as defending CIG's business model as normal.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

:golfclap: then we all turn our laptops and computers off,walk outside and...

paarp

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
CRYTEK V. STAR CITIZEN: A CLOSER LOOK

quote:

But even here, it gets complicated. CIG announced a change to Amazon’s Lumberyard engine in December 2016, and CIG could offer a defence that even if CryEngine was used for the initial development of Squadron 42, it was replaced prior to any release, which means that CIG is no longer in breach of contract or Crytek’s copyright. This defence might not eliminate damages (there was certainly a period of time between the announcement of Squadron 42 and the switch to Lumberyard where the game was being developed with CryEngine), but it would certainly have the potential to reduce them.

To press this claim to best effect, Crytek would have to prove that CIG did not switch engines at all.

:munch:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Golli posted:

Old cheese, lettuce, and salmon sandwich with honey-mayonnaise dressing washed down with orange juice for breakfast before going to the market for 'supplies'

Sounds about as weird as defending CIG's business model as normal.

Sounds Like MoMa. I have see many posts like this on here

ScoreLord
Nov 11, 2017
Any Australians in the thread may wish to pick up the latest issue of PC PowerPlay; it contains a column predicting what will occur in the world of gaming in 2018, including a few key events for Star Citizen.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Star Citizen: more shell companies than employees

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

CrazyLoon posted:

I feel like the above really is one of those "Only in America" things. Like, seriously - you guys put sweetener into almost every food I tasted when I travelled there this summer. It's cool at first, but after 3 weeks I really did feel like puking sometimes.
Maple syrup on bacon is done in Australia too, just saying.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what will we make fun of when star citizen is gone

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Bacon is trash. Stop eating strips of sodium.

Xarbala posted:

I feel the same way about thai food actually.

That it has too much sugar in every dish? Or too much spice?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The current runners:

(PM me to your guess if I missed anything)
Sunswipe 10
Goredema 2
TheAgent 3
D_Smart 0.5 - 2
Thoatse 2,474,206.90
Drunk Theory 750K
Virtual Captain 4
Beet Wagon 5.5
Abuminable 5.4321
Mne nravitsya 5
Sarsapariller 500k
BluesShaman 4.2
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Natron 4.8
intardnation 2.15
Spiderdrake 3.33
Baxta 2.8
Phi230 > 2.8
Hobold 3.2 - 3.4
Combat Theory 4.5
No Mods No Masters 4.2
Dogeh 2.7
Jobbo_Fett 5.3326741
crisp roberts 2.8
Mr Fronts 900k
Sandweed 4
Golli 1.7
Malachite_Dragon 3
Thirsty Dog 1.45
Colostomy Bag 4.21 alpha millions And the livestream will be 13 minutes late.
Daztek 2.5
DivineCoffeeBinge 10m
ocrane 6.66
Quavers 4.1
Raised by Hamsters 2,645,733
Ash1138 7.6
dogshitboy 3.4 milli
VealCutlet $1,481,287.63 worth of donuts for sir lesnick from Crobblers ex-wife.
Kosumo 3.65
Enchanted Hat 4,000,040

First prize will be a special non-game (sorry) but I assure you, it will be worth your guess! A generous backer pledged his allegiance to my cause! Trust me, I'm no crobbers. Really.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

Yes, that's also been my experience when visiting America. It's not that we don't love sugar in Denmark, why we even have glazed ham, but it's primarily something to be used extremely sparingly outside of confectionery and deserts. Our local turnip sugar pushers try their best to get us to use more sugar in cooking, but it hasn't really caught on (apart from sugary beverages and candy en masse). But the American love of sugar in actual proper food is very odd to me.

Don't get me wrong: I like sweet-and-salty - especially sauces are awesome with a healthy amount of sweetness (preferably from onions, wine, etc. rather than refined sugar). But most food gets perfectly sweet without interference - fried meat, baked vegetables, etc.

To be fair, we have our own culinary oddities. I have rather fond memories of how some brits react to seeing us put chocolate in scones, and we do love a good helping of salty licorice to get our blood pressure maxed out. But our use of butter when baking, and not foul vegetable oils, is a great example of culinary supremacy.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

4,2 million on holiday livestream 2 weeks to ele and 42 million crying.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Butter > Oil in cooking

Unless you're trying to be healthy

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Mr.Tophat posted:

Butter > Oil in cooking

Unless you're trying to be healthy

Depends on the oil really. Vegetable oils range from very healthy to borderline toxic. Also depends on the presence of lactose tolerance, to be fair, although clarified butter is sort of an option.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

It is the season for Festive Murder Birds. Thanks for the laugh :pgabz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Id4S5x3kI

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

PederP posted:

But the American love of sugar in actual proper food is very odd to me.

This confusion can be answered by this

PederP posted:

Our local turnip sugar pushers try their best to get us to use more sugar in cooking, but it hasn't really caught on (apart from sugary beverages and candy en masse).

except replace “turnip” with “corn” and it worked.

Americans are just supersaturated with sugar (in the form of high fructose corn syrup) in foods from a very young age, and it takes explicit effort and diet management to undo it. And if you’re in a situation where you don’t have the time or money to buy and prepare healthier meals and you’re relying on fast or preprocessed foods you’re probably not going to be able to easily kick that.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

no_recall posted:

The current runners:

(PM me to your guess if I missed anything)

First prize will be a special non-game (sorry) but I assure you, it will be worth your guess! A generous backer pledged his allegiance to my cause! Trust me, I'm no crobbers. Really.

Put me down for 6.9mill please
And I predict the sq42 will not be real gameplay but a montage video with mark skywalker and superman

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

PederP posted:

Yes, that's also been my experience when visiting America. It's not that we don't love sugar in Denmark, why we even have glazed ham, but it's primarily something to be used extremely sparingly outside of confectionery and deserts. Our local turnip sugar pushers try their best to get us to use more sugar in cooking, but it hasn't really caught on (apart from sugary beverages and candy en masse). But the American love of sugar in actual proper food is very odd to me.

Don't get me wrong: I like sweet-and-salty - especially sauces are awesome with a healthy amount of sweetness (preferably from onions, wine, etc. rather than refined sugar). But most food gets perfectly sweet without interference - fried meat, baked vegetables, etc.

To be fair, we have our own culinary oddities. I have rather fond memories of how some brits react to seeing us put chocolate in scones, and we do love a good helping of salty licorice to get our blood pressure maxed out. But our use of butter when baking, and not foul vegetable oils, is a great example of culinary supremacy.

lol if you dont cut your salt with 25% sugar

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr.Tophat posted:

That it has too much sugar in every dish? Or too much spice?

Definitely sugar, though part of that has to do with being raised with similar dishes so thai food hits a weird uncanny valley of "this is just like that thing that grandma made, except way too sweet."

Once I noticed how sweet thai food tended to be, I never stopped noticing it. Like sriracha compared to, well, any other bottled hot sauce.