Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

mrchinchin25 posted:

a montage video with mark skywalker

Already called it :smuggo:

e: sniped, pls help me put a catte. tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

no_recall posted:

First prize will be a special non-game (sorry) but I assure you, it will be worth your guess! A generous backer pledged his allegiance to my cause! Trust me, I'm no crobbers. Really.

1.8!

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.

Chris' videopresentation from the slopes of Corviglia thanking all his staff for crunching through Christmas should be a hoot.

e: taxxe

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 20, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
1.2-1.5m

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/Ynh0HtV.mp4

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lmao

the only community that repeats 'FUD' as much as Star Citizen backers is Bitcoin backers :thunk:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Spiderdrake posted:

This book gets mentioned a lot here and I loving hate pandering poo poo but... What is the book actually about that makes it so bad?

I don't want to read wikipedia when I'm wondering at the thread opinion.

My friend sighed while we watched the trailer and he saw Tracer. It was completely unexpected.

Imagine, if you will, this scenario....

The hero of a story is in a life threatening situation. His next move not only dictates his future, but the future of the whole universe. Without the right answer to the problem, all hope is lost....

More tension.

MORE tension.

Then the hero solves the problem, thoughtlessly, because he'd watched a movie an impossible number of times because he's watched everything an impossible number of times and knows everything pop culture ever and knew something about it because he'd perfectly memorised the whole thing despite us never being told he has any sort of extraordinary memory skills, and it's done in a way that lets nerds pat themselves on the back for recognising what the awful author is yammering about in a similar way that a 6 year old gets excited when he finally solves a Where's Wally image.

That's what the film is going to be.

Where's Wally for sweaty unwashed nerds who have no taste.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiR6yJbFCfM&t=847s 10 for the Producers (2014.12.29)

Not going to transcribe this but "toilet action" and "Got your forever alone ship right there" probably worth a 30 second watch. lol.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

How do you think CIG will leverage 'the latest info on SQ42' into a gangbuster sale?

SQ42 is single-player, most backers already have access via one of their prior purchases. Standalone package is only $45, and I don't see how a new ship announcement could be tied to it.

My guess is that they will pre-sell the 'mission CDs' or a subscription to future SQ42 content. Beyond that (and selling the SQ42 enlistment mailing list to third-parties) how will they make money on it in the short term?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
This thread is wayyy too loving long, but I was discussing Star Citizen with a friend who's enthused the other day, and I'd like to respectfully request an update on the current development.

Is it still a horseshit trainwreck of incompetence and grift, and is the game itself unplayable alpha for the next quarter century at the least, or should I invest in some cool jpegs?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Well they're currently being sued by Crytek for breaching basically every single term of their contract with them so you tell me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nice piece of fish posted:

This thread is wayyy too loving long, but I was discussing Star Citizen with a friend who's enthused the other day, and I'd like to respectfully request an update on the current development.

Is it still a horseshit trainwreck of incompetence and grift, and is the game itself unplayable alpha for the next quarter century at the least, or should I invest in some cool jpegs?

it's getting sued by the skadden law firm right now, and supposedly two more suits are brewing

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Nice piece of fish posted:

I will reply in jpegish

I hope this helps.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

Already called it :smuggo:

e: sniped, pls help me put a catte. tia

I bet it won't even be that. It'll just be a slideshow of still frames since they screwed up the motion capture so badly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Backers scream "FUD!" at everything because it's the easiest way to dismiss it. If you disregard the message you don't have to worry about the contents.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ScoreLord posted:

Any Australians in the thread may wish to pick up the latest issue of PC PowerPlay; it contains a column predicting what will occur in the world of gaming in 2018, including a few key events for Star Citizen.

I've always loved PC Powerplay. They did a similar thing making fun of Star Citizen last year with predictions but I can't remember the exact joke. They've been dropping bantz on Star Citizen for a long time now, I relish the angst that comes from people who start shrieking "CLICK BAIT" because in terms of actual video game journalism PC Powerplay have had a pretty good history of actually going out and researching things to write articles on.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Crytek - From Heroes to Zeros?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Clearly you "launder money" by hiring an expensive law firm to sue someone you are under contract with.

Do they even know what money laundering is?

EDIT: vvv Thanks!

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 20, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

Do they even know what money laundering is?

The thing CIG is doing with their counter, no doubt.

Also, real good av there.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Golli posted:

How do you think CIG will leverage 'the latest info on SQ42' into a gangbuster sale?

SQ42 is single-player, most backers already have access via one of their prior purchases. Standalone package is only $45, and I don't see how a new ship announcement could be tied to it.

My guess is that they will pre-sell the 'mission CDs' or a subscription to future SQ42 content. Beyond that (and selling the SQ42 enlistment mailing list to third-parties) how will they make money on it in the short term?

It was rumored that CIG was working on a trailer to appear in theaters but didn't finish in time for the new Star Wars, if there is a grain of truth to that we should be seeing a real kickass SQ42 prerendered video featuring Mark Hamill. They obviously need something new to sell to go along with that but what is it? I personally think mission CDs would be too predictable and please tell me CIG knows their backers don't give a crap about singleplayer missions.

My guess is they try to pull a rabbit out of the hat with a whole new game or something equally huge. You just gotta believe!

I'm just gonna leave this here but now could be a good time for Chris to archer "the force" for the verse.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Thank you, I am now informed.

Kavak posted:

Well they're currently being sued by Crytek for breaching basically every single term of their contract with them so you tell me.

Between this and the jpegish summary I feel I have a solid grasp on the current situation, which appears to be some sort of dumpster fire. Think I'll hold off on buying those jpegs after all. Thanks!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dumpster fire may be CIG's chosen legal defence tactic.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Apologies to Charlies Daniels:

Roberts went down to LA he was looking for some funds to steal
He was in a bind cause he was way behind. He was willing to make a deal
When he came across this fossil writing a blog and tweetin' a lot
And Roberts jumped upon an airplane desk and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a developer too
And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you
Now you write a pretty good blog, boy, but give the Roberts his due
I'll bet this concept jpeg against your soul cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Derek, and it might be a sin
But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret cause I'm the best Warlord there's ever been."

Derek, fire up your blog and play your trolls hard
Cause CIG's broke in LA and Roberts steals the tards
And if you win you get to say "I told you sooo"
But if you lose the goons get your soul

Roberts peeled up his scalp and he said, "I'll start this show."
And hundreds flew from his fingertips as he delayed the show
And he pulled the funds across his wife and it made an evil hiss
And a band of shills joined in and it sounded something like this:

[Demonic Full Burn piece]

When Roberts finished, Derek said, "Well, you're pretty good ol' son
Play Star Citizen right there and let me finish on how it's done."

"Coutt's own the assets now time to get refunds!
Roberts in the house of decreasing funds;
Lesnick in the kitchen eating cookie dough
Roberts, does the hobo bite? No, backer, no

[Non-demonic Full Burn piece]

Roberts bowed his head because Skadden had him beat
And he laid that concept jpeg on the ground at Derek's feet
Derek said, "Roberts, just come on back if you ever wanna try again
Cause I've told you once--you son of a bitch--I'm the best Warlord there's ever been."
And he played:

"Coutt's own the assets now time to get refunds!
Roberts in the house of decreasing funds;
Lesnick in the kitchen eating cookie dough
Roberts, does the hobo bite? No, backer, no

Pages old but this is glorious

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Virtual Captain posted:

It was rumored that CIG was working on a trailer to appear in theaters but didn't finish in time for the new Star Wars, if there is a grain of truth to that we should be seeing a real kickass SQ42 prerendered video featuring Mark Hamill. They obviously need something new to sell to go along with that but what is it? I personally think mission CDs would be too predictable and please tell me CIG knows their backers don't give a crap about singleplayer missions.

My guess is they try to pull a rabbit out of the hat with a whole new game or something equally huge. You just gotta believe!

My guess? Nothing. With lawyers breathing down their necks they're going to forget that Squadron 42 even existed and instead focus exclusively on Star Citizen. Oh wait, they're loving incompetent.

They'll sell Squadron 42: Episode 2 and Episode 3. Everyone already gets Episode 1, most early backers got Episode 2, and nobody got Episode 3. So now would be a perfect time to offer the entire trilogy, complete with a special "Meritorious Conduct" package for anyone who buys the trilogy so that they can have a bit of a leg up when their character transitions from SQ42 to the main Star Citizen game. That or they can sell the F8 Lightning for some exorbitant price.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SelenicMartian posted:

Dumpster fire may be CIG's chosen legal defence tactic.

Our crowdfunding campaign was too chaotic to break the law.

I'm disquieted reading some of the thoughts on food over these past few pages. I feel that as the end to this fever dream draws ever closer people are simply going to start posting about eating raw meat and mainlining spicy mustard.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Our crowdfunding campaign was too chaotic to break the law.

I'm disquieted reading some of the thoughts on food over these past few pages. I feel that as the end to this fever dream draws ever closer people are simply going to start posting about eating raw meat and mainlining spicy mustard.

This is a thread about füd.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
We wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a Happy Lawsuit!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

5.7 million

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

PederP posted:

Yes, I concede that a mild sweetening of salty/umami dishes (ie meat) makes culinary sense. But bacon is already sweet by itself, especially if it's pancetta. It doesn't need external sweetening, on the contrary, the frying often needs to be carefully controlled to avoid the Maillard reaction resulting in the sweetness overpowering the other notes. Depending on the curing process, composition of the brine, the cut of meat, etc. it may be less important to be paranoid about the frying, but I've never had bacon that I felt lacked sweetness.

They sugar everything over here. My life is a constant battle against lurking type II diabetes.

If it's not deep fried and covered in powder sugar, it's communist or 'ethnic' food.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And a Happy Lawsuit!

Cruel but fair.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hav posted:

They sugar everything over here. My life is a constant battle against lurking type II diabetes.

If it's not deep fried and covered in powder sugar, it's communist or 'ethnic' food.

Unfunny and uninspired

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

all this talk about food and the last time i have eaten something hot was sunday

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Backers scream "FUD!" at everything because it's the easiest way to dismiss it. If you disregard the message you don't have to worry about the contents.

"Tall Poppy" is my safeword

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's almost as if the FTC don't know about the Internet, or that there are bunch of dumb fucks (like the above) who are on it.

I am not sure if he really believes that the FTC has anything to do with that, rather than CIG/RSI who truly aren't dumb enough to make such a claim, knowing how I'd react to it. Nah, he's just an ignorant dumb gently caress.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
All this talk about food and I've been on vacation this whole time, enjoying some fine food not covered in sugar.

Also SC as pitched, will never see the light of day.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

EightAce posted:

Sounds Like MoMa. I have see many posts like this on here

I would never put those together. That's definitely not my thing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943507098415005698

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/particle-physics-on-a-very-grand-scale/800091

Basically impostors or a skybox :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 20, 2017

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Golli posted:

This is a thread about füd.

You're a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

There's nothing affordable with this game.