Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/smugorange/status/943268896492212224

EDIT:

Supposedly Krypton will premier in March and this is an updated synopsis

quote:

Set two generations before the destruction of Superman’s home planet, KRYPTON follows Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), the legendary Man of Steel’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed. With Krypton’s leadership in disarray, Seg-El encounters Earthly time-traveler Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos) who warns he’s under the clock to save his beloved world from chaos. Fighting to redeem his family’s honor and protect the ones he loves, Seg is also faced with a life and death conflict – save his home planet or let it be destroyed in order to restore the fate of his future grandson.

KRYPTON is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and is executive produced by David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “The Dark Knight Trilogy”) through his Phantom Four banner, alongside Cameron Welsh, who serves as showrunner. In addition to Cuffe and Sipos, the show also stars Georgina Campbell (“Broadchurch”), Elliot Cowan (“Da Vinci’s Demons”), Ann Ogbomo (“World War Z”), Rasmus Hardiker (“Your Highness”), Wallis Day (“Will”), Aaron Pierre (“Tennison”) and Ian McElhinney (“Game of Thrones”). Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, KRYPTON premieres in 2018.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

krypton is gonna be dumb as hell and also extremely my poo poo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
How are they going to actually pronounce the pun on Jerry Siegel?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Seg-El lol

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Must be rough having the most prominent role to your name being Your Highness.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Earthly Adam Strange, who crashed on Krypton as a baby and must help Seg-El with his newfound powers granted by the unholy red Kryptonian sun.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Halloween Jack posted:

How are they going to actually pronounce the pun on Jerry Siegel?

exactly like the capital of planescape

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This sounds less like the Man of Steel meets Gotham pastiche that was first rumoured.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I just want to remind you guys that Snyder being done with comic books means we might get his George Washington 300 movie, which everyone has forgotten about.

I haven't.

Ugh. Sounds like poo poo on a stick.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Black Panther using "the revolution will not be televised" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the revolution will not be televised because our benevolent god-king in a fursuit will quash it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Spun Dog posted:

Ugh. Sounds like poo poo on a stick.

It sounds like a film that would make fun of conservatives but they would still think it glorifies them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Black Panther using "the revolution will not be televised" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Why?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Well, for one thing, Black Panther is a monarch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's more than one kind of revolution. Maybe he's leading a fashion revolution?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's more than one kind of revolution. Maybe he's leading a fashion revolution?

The costume design is fabulous at times.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Let me not say too much, then.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Well from what I see of the trailer T'Challa is probably going to be insurrected by Creed and then goes to America for reasons while having assassins on his trail then has to come back and claim his throne again to re-establish status quo. So it's basically a King and ruler dethroned by a revolutionary but then the actual revolution being reference is him as an underdog going back to re-establish the original status quo.

But I really prefer a Dance Dance Revolution and if the climax is Step Up 3D.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Step Up 3D is a great film.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm pretty sure that the angle they were trying to convey is that it's a revolution in superhero movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
And movies arent typically a participatory medium

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Step Up 3D is a great film.

It really is. Like, seriously. It's awesome. Sharni Vinson is also great. I liked her in You're Next.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I'm pretty sure that the angle they were trying to convey is that it's a revolution in superhero movies.

Blankman, The Human Tornado, Meteor Man

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Blade. Like....come on. BLADE. Inspired the Matrix look and started the superhero movies trend except that's the legit dope poo poo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so it's revolutionary in the same way that wonder woman was

by which i mean 'not at all' unless you throw up so many qualifiers that the statement is mostly just patting superhero studios on the head for very slowly catching up to diversity trends that other action movies have been way ahead on the past few years

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think the current generation found its thing and forgot what came before or didn't bother to find out. Ellen Ripley in Alien and Aliens is a hella dope. And there's others and more before and around it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Too many young'uns these days are too left leaning and anti-establishment so they gotta train a whole younger generation that the establishment and status quo are A-OK! Not many sources to create neoliberals around so they tapped into the biggest markets right now.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

The revolution will not be televised....but it will have television level cinematography.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gatts posted:

Blade. Like....come on. BLADE. Inspired the Matrix look and started the superhero movies trend except that's the legit dope poo poo.

Black Panther is a revolutionary superhero movie in that it has a black superhero who isn't a parody/joke character, a sidekick or a guy who is on the run from the law.

Brother Entropy posted:

by which i mean 'not at all' unless you throw up so many qualifiers that the statement is mostly just patting superhero studios on the head for very slowly catching up to diversity trends that other action movies have been way ahead on the past few years
Hey I didn't say that I agree that it's a revolution, just that I can see why they might be trying to push that angle in the promos

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The first black Illuminatus.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Black Panther is a revolutionary superhero movie in that it has a black superhero who isn't a parody/joke character, a sidekick or a guy who is on the run from the law.

After Earth, Spawn, xXx, Men In Black, Catwoman, Steel, The Last Witch Hunter, Alien Vs. Predator, Sleight, Captain Eo, Space Is The Place...

Also: all three Star Wars prequels.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 22, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love Disney's unironic championing of their benevolent fascism ideology.

-a comic book movie fan

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Brother Entropy posted:

Look I'm sure it's just completely coincidental that both characters are royalty from a fabled country hidden for millennia behind invisible shields (where white dudes are NOT welcome!) and are forced to leave their homeland because a blond white protagonists called Steve accidentally brought the war to their doorstep and the only reason that their peaceful homeland is brought up again in the big crossover movie is because it just so happens to be the hiding place of an ancient macguffin that the evil space warlord needs in order to complete the set and take over the world

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

After Earth, Spawn, xXx, Men In Black, Catwoman, Steel, The Last Witch Hunter, Alien Vs. Predator, Sleight, Captain Eo, Space Is The Place...

Also: all three Star Wars prequels.

J is definitely the plucky sidekick to K in MiB.

He's the pov character and protagonist, but definitely the comedy relief sidekick much like Jack Burton

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 22, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is Black Panther just Black Tony Stark

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
The Equalizer, Ghost Dog

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is Black Panther just Black Tony Stark

Eh, T'Challa is more of a normal emotionally healthy person with a better head on his shoulders. Tony's an rear end and has issues.

But I suppose for Marvel he's gonna be the same thing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Gatts posted:

Eh, T'Challa is more of a normal emotionally healthy person with a better head on his shoulders. Tony's an rear end and has issues.

But I suppose for Marvel he's gonna be the same thing.

He'll be his own character until he's in a crossover movie, at which point he will be Tony Stark, alongside every other character who has suddenly become Tony Stark.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

J is definitely the plucky sidekick to K in MiB

'sidekick' has a connotation of not being the main protagonist, it'd be like calling luke or anakin sidekicks to obi-wan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sinding Johansson posted:

The Equalizer, Ghost Dog

Ghost Dog is a blast

• Locked thread