Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

CellBlock posted:

I mean, what if your bank uses dick prints to validate transactions?
electron microscopes are too exp..wait, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CellBlock posted:

I mean, what if your bank uses dick prints to validate transactions?

"No, sir, we don't need that signed. No, sir, that is just a balance check. Please, sir, stop signing everything. No, sir, the teller doesn't need her forehead autographed. Please, sir..."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Samiz you fucker I'm having trouble controlling my laughter at that dumb outburst.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BioEnchanted posted:

Why did that last person use a bandaid to stick their message to the wall? Did they not have sellotape?

I assumed it was supposed to be a college kid because they're all awful people and probably didn't have tape.

Source: I once secured a power strip to a wall using paper and Staples because proper tools were not available.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Huh. I do like the obvious frustration the police spokesperson had. That her driving off instead of contacting the police made it impossible for them to arrest the guy, or prove anything, or prosecute the thief :v:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Len posted:

I assumed it was supposed to be a college kid because they're all awful people and probably didn't have tape.

Source: I once secured a power strip to a wall using paper and Staples because proper tools were not available.

She pulled it off her own skin to adhere the note

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Lol, “constipated dog owner”

You see, his dog is constipated, not him, no sir, that’s why he has to keep the laxatives at work so his dog doesn’t get embarrassed

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The Iron Rose posted:

Huh. I do like the obvious frustration the police spokesperson had. That her driving off instead of contacting the police made it impossible for them to arrest the guy, or prove anything, or prosecute the thief :v:

Oh yes they lost the pleasure of going "Yes ma'am we will have a patrol there as soon as one is available (never)

It's like those people who have theft protection on their car in the form of a GPS tracker and when the car gets stolen they assume they're going to be doing a ride-along with the police to catch up to the car.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Heteromorphic quirks are different for example Aizawa can't cancel them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

EmmyOk posted:

Robert Redford nod.gif

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ah the old wrong tab-o-rooney

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

EmmyOk posted:

ah the old wrong tab-o-rooney

But what does it mean?

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Elizabethan Error posted:

it's still a terrible analogy(webcams don't provide entry to anything) and you're missing the point: if they can see your webcam, they're ALREADY INSIDE your computer and can access more damaging info(like login info, banking info etc.)

I'm not missing the point. In the same way that the average home invasion is a crackhead looking for a quick opportunity to walk in and grab something, the average "hacking" is some idiot running a script looking for unsecured webcams. Locking your door prevents the first, covering your webcam prevents the second.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

EmmyOk posted:

Why isn't there a heteromorphic pride day? :mad:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That would be annoying as hell after the first time.

And what benefit does "my phone rang and no one was the wiser" provide on a standardized test? It's not like someone was texting them the answers. All he got from it was a couple chuckles' worth of mild amusement and the pedestrian belief that he's smarter than everyone regardless of objective measurement - the distilled high school experience.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

No phones allowed in SAT/ACT etc. If you're caught, the proctor is supposed to take your test and boot you.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

At first I read it as "one time my phone went off doing the act" and got really confused for a second there

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Not as smart as bringing your phone in the first place, buddy.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
This could have actually happened, I know I have been in Canberra and my phone DEFINITELY went off at least once

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrUnderbridge posted:

No phones allowed in SAT/ACT etc. If you're caught, the proctor is supposed to take your test and boot you.

Seems a little unfair to make the proctor take your test for you instead

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/mzbat/status/943158113137577984

https://twitter.com/mzbat/status/943159397982851074

https://twitter.com/mzbat/status/943160480838889472

https://twitter.com/mzbat/status/943164214667079680

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
Are there guys still like this? I would loving love for my wife to make a ton of money.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm prepared to believe that this woman heard a couple arguing over money in an airport, but everything after that is prime STDH.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Are there guys still like this? I would loving love for my wife to make a ton of money.

It’s pretty nice

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Men so tied up in the idea of men being the breadwinners and women being the caregivers that they resent women being more successful than them? Of course there are.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How do you tell when someone is rage texting. Is he pounding his phone into the ground.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Maybe the dog ate the gingerbread house...maybe. But that picture is more staged than Shakespeare in the park.

I'm so sure the dog just sat there with a peppermint stuck to its face for as long as it took to get a piece of paper and write out the message, then take the picture.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fathis Munk posted:

How do you tell when someone is rage texting. Is he pounding his phone into the ground.

I've seen people angrily cursing to themselves while typing texts.

All those "I am on twitter and describing an ongoing event" are pretty pathetic even for stdh. It's like they are admitting their life isn't interesting, so there are two possibilities: either they are telling the truth and are eavesdropping and livetexting someone else's life, or they can't come up with something interesting about their own life to lie about so they make up something they experience second-hand.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

maswastaken posted:

Men so tied up in the idea of men being the breadwinners and women being the caregivers that they resent women being more successful than them? Of course there are.

To be fair men are largely conditioned this way from an early age, the same as women are conditioned for gender roles too.

My wife makes approximately 6x more than I do to the point she was worried when we were dating that I was going to be threatened by her salary and not want to date her. I, on the other hand, was worried that she would be disdainful of my salary and feel like I wasn’t going to be a good provider. poo poo goes both ways.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

It’s pretty nice

More like oldpaidless.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My sister called off her first engagement because the guy was very much "okay so now you'll quit school to stay at home and raise the kids we'll have and I'll bring in the money from my family's construction company." She was about halfway to getting her RN at that point, had already put in a hell of a lot of work, and she balked at the idea of dropping everything to play Susie Homemaker for this guy, which she hadn't realised she was agreeing to when he proposed.

(She has since married a guy who is not a jerk, and they have one kid and another on the way, but also nobody expects her to give up her career forever to make babies.)

So, yeah, I can believe that in 2017 guys with this attitude exist.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Having a wealthy wife is indeed very pro

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I want a wealthy wife so I can be a stay at home dad

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

EmmyOk posted:

Actually iamverysmart.txt is that-a-way! -->

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

poo poo, I wanted my fiancee to stay employed until we had kids because we're not exactly rich jet-setters and her paycheck in addition to mine helped support a comfortable independent life for us. She wanted to be a housewife who just stayed at home taking care of kids and cooking, so she never enjoyed working.

One of the causes of the fight that led to our breakup (along with her wanting to have a fat hairy nerd boyfriend who did BDSM stuff on her in addition to marrying me, which I obviously wasn't comfortable with at all) was her suddenly quitting the regular, well-paying job I got her without notice to instead work for less money at a call center on late nights where we'd barely or never see each other on the days we both worked. And of course she left me for BDSM boyfriend and I later found out that it was a job he set up for her so they'd be working together instead.

In retrospect I'm really glad that relationship ended, but I'm still bitter.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

chitoryu12 posted:

poo poo, I wanted my fiancee to stay employed until we had kids because we're not exactly rich jet-setters and her paycheck in addition to mine helped support a comfortable independent life for us. She wanted to be a housewife who just stayed at home taking care of kids and cooking, so she never enjoyed working.

One of the causes of the fight that led to our breakup (along with her wanting to have a fat hairy nerd boyfriend who did BDSM stuff on her in addition to marrying me, which I obviously wasn't comfortable with at all) was her suddenly quitting the regular, well-paying job I got her without notice to instead work for less money at a call center on late nights where we'd barely or never see each other on the days we both worked. And of course she left me for BDSM boyfriend and I later found out that it was a job he set up for her so they'd be working together instead.

In retrospect I'm really glad that relationship ended, but I'm still bitter.

There was a lot you really needed to let out there. :stare:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

S....source your quotes?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

In retrospect I'm really glad that relationship ended,

Me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

chitoryu12 posted:

In retrospect I'm still bitter.