Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i hope this manga never takes another week off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mordaedil posted:

No she had to go with Pinky.

It works, I guess.

Also did every scanlator drop Vigilantes, because I can't pick it up on Viz anyway due to geographical restrictions.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'd rather have minna than Mina to be honest.

:perfect:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i hope this manga never takes another week off.
Horikoshi works hard enough as it is. Let the poor man have his holiday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

While true, I'm sure even he'd agree if he saw the last couple of pages of this thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thank you I worked very hard on that pun.

While true, I'm sure even he'd agree if he saw the last couple of pages of this thread.

Maybe let's not.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Onmi posted:

Why did he want to be a Hero, since Money doesn't appear to have much value for him?

Why does Bakugou?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Endeavor lives in a huge mansion complex, he definitely cares about money. It's just not his defining personality attribute which is his obsession with being the absolute best on his own terms.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Because he's The Best and he gets to prove- ohhhhhh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though Baku was inspired by All Might.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
So is Endeavor, in a sense.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If Bakugo didn't have people like Deku and Kirishima around to talk some sense into him, he'd probably end up being just like Endeavor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bakugo is hot headed but he's not malicious, he's also well capable of being reasonable and nuanced without having it spelled out to him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well I think Deku's actions throughout the series were a moderating influence on him, if unintentionally.

He was extremely toxic and full of himself by the time the story starts, and then Deku starts tearing a lot of that down, forcing him to adapt and reconsider.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Heroes get an insane amount of, uh, hero-worship. It's the perfect job for an egotist.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
10-15 years from now I'm gonna enjoy the scene in My Hero Academia Z when Bakugou and his mom are cheering for Bakugou's kid (who has taken after their personalities) in the sports festival tournament going up against Deku and Uraraka's kid. Presumably (this may have been answered already but I don't remember) OfA isn't passed hereditarily so Deku Jr. will have gravity powers and it'll mirror Bakugou and Uraraka's fight.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
MHA was part of The Verge’s gift buying guide.

Happy to see the normie crossover for this manga. :3:

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

Bakugo is hot headed but he's not malicious, he's also well capable of being reasonable and nuanced without having it spelled out to him.

I caught up with the last 130 chapters in the past few days. I imagine this was talked about a lot at the time but I was stoked when the set up for Bakugo being kidnapped to be converted to the "dark side" played out as it should and not in the cliché way.

I'm also rewatching the anime dubbed so my 5 year old son can enjoy it. He really likes Bakugo and after every episode we have to "battle" and he constantly throws explosions at me. I pretend to be All Might and slam him into the ground (couch). Having kids can be fun.

Kuso Meriken fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 20, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nonexistence posted:

10-15 years from now I'm gonna enjoy the scene in My Hero Academia Z when Bakugou and his mom are cheering for Bakugou's kid (who has taken after their personalities) in the sports festival tournament going up against Deku and Uraraka's kid. Presumably (this may have been answered already but I don't remember) OfA isn't passed hereditarily so Deku Jr. will have gravity powers and it'll mirror Bakugou and Uraraka's fight.

If he ever has kids, then they should inherit one of Deku's parent's quirks.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Gravity + telekinesis = ?
Stronger telekinesis?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Making things weightless and then being able to pull them around sounds pretty powerful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Well I think Deku's actions throughout the series were a moderating influence on him, if unintentionally.

He was extremely toxic and full of himself by the time the story starts, and then Deku starts tearing a lot of that down, forcing him to adapt and reconsider.
Deku absolutely started the process and he's still having a huge impact but let's not understate the effect the first day of combat training. He got called out on being an aggressive rear end in a top hat, and perhaps even more importantly, got smacked right in the face with the fact that he was a big fish in a small pond. Suddenly realizing he's not just inherently the best and that he has to work for it is something that informed basically everything he did during the sports festival.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hate-Senpai posted:

Though Baku was inspired by All Might.

SpacePig posted:

So is Endeavor, in a sense.

ADTRW > My Hero Academia Season 3 Anime Thread: There's Something About Toshinori

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It always comes back to All Might.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Stronger telekinesis?

What about Gravity+Fire Breath?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Deku absolutely started the process and he's still having a huge impact but let's not understate the effect the first day of combat training. He got called out on being an aggressive rear end in a top hat, and perhaps even more importantly, got smacked right in the face with the fact that he was a big fish in a small pond. Suddenly realizing he's not just inherently the best and that he has to work for it is something that informed basically everything he did during the sports festival.

That's a good point.

Bakugou got owned a lot in the first half of his school year, but these owns were entirely necessary and only helped him in the long run.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Make yourself weightless (master not throwing up first) then fly around like a rocket only backwards.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

Make yourself weightless (master not throwing up first) then fly around like a rocket only backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E284IfUyssc

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Stronger telekinesis?

Anti-grav & telekinesis could lead to it being that there's basically nothing they can't move with their mind. Or that they can activate the anti-grav field without having to touch their subject.

Rhonne posted:

Basically Roy Mustang, but with clicking their tongue instead of snapping their fingers.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

My beautiful dream...

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

It sounded cool to the author since the “En” in there is Japanese for flame. Endeavor is also a cool sounding hero name in general imho.

It's also rather fitting personality-wise ("We're number two. We try harder."), although presumably Endeavor didn't really have that obsession yet when he picked the name.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Bakugou and Ochako had a kid, they'd just be a human rocket.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

Hmm. I think tge usually meld, not appear as separate powers.

SpacePig posted:

Anti-grav & telekinesis could lead to it being that there's basically nothing they can't move with their mind. Or that they can activate the anti-grav field without having to touch their subject.

Basically Roy Mustang, but with clicking their tongue instead of snapping their fingers.
Ah, yeah, something like that. That'd be cool.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

Bakochako.
Lol.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Rhonne posted:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Vengarr posted:

How about the guy who called the abuse victim a liar? That was seriously offensive, far worse than arguing a bad position in good faith.

Some boring troll I've never seen before who definitely doesn't have the cojones to come back in here isn't worth getting worked up over. PM me or send another report if that weirdo ever makes another bad post.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

This ends with Bakugo standing defiantly on the moon without a plan on how to get back or advance further into space, and Ochako basically puking herself to death but also really proud of her hand in the achievement.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
he knows Deku will jump to the moon and back to save him.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Our first smash named after an extraterrestrial body.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Some boring troll I've never seen before who definitely doesn't have the cojones to come back in here isn't worth getting worked up over. PM me or send another report if that weirdo ever makes another bad post.

Ah, I saw this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681032&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=538#post479498367 , which turned out to be an edited quote, and got carried away, I'm sorry I said it, I should get a probation/ ban too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sindai posted:

he knows Deku will jump to the moon and back to save him.

As if Bakugou would accept that.