Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Alaois posted:

did he hit you in the head, because that'd explain your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It was a terrible hit and there's no excuse for TD. He should be out longer. But the Gronk punishment set the standard for this season. You gotta literally kill a man to get 2 games.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sick memes bro.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah Thomas Davis is a terrible person on the field. Just the worst.

Look, sorry your guy got hurt but that doesn't make the dude that did it some kind of monster. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about Davis before this week. And he certainly isn't leaving a trail of concussions in his wake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think you actions inform how people look at you yeah.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

Yeah Thomas Davis is a terrible person on the field. Just the worst.

Look, sorry your guy got hurt but that doesn't make the dude that did it some kind of monster. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about Davis before this week. And he certainly isn't leaving a trail of concussions in his wake.

Yeah, you don’t get to violate the Sapp rule and not get called a piece of poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

‘Let me go actually watch this hit that everyone is crying abou-“ :stare:

Davis is a piece of poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Take the L Panthers goons. Not a good look.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Take the L Panthers goons. Not a good look.

it was an awful, awful, awful hit but "Thomas Davis was actually just Vontaze Burfict wearing a mask all along" is kind of insane

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Alaois posted:

it was an awful, awful, awful hit but "Thomas Davis was actually just Vontaze Burfict wearing a mask all along" is kind of insane

Fwiw that's not my perspective

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Perhaps the answer lies somewhere int he middle...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:qq:

https://twitter.com/dorlandoled/status/943482727050960898

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Alaois posted:

Yeah Vontaze is a better player.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

oh who cares lol. if you're a player in the nfl and have a breakdown because someone reminded you that you have an (entirely earned and deserved) reputation for choking then stop being a baby.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

tbf Ledbetter is a huge waste of space who should have been fired many years ago. He is so awful. Freeman laughed it off even...so dumb.

On a side note, Ledbetter blocked me on twitter long ago so mercifully I cannot read anymore of his poo poo "journalism".

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Perhaps the answer lies somewhere int he middle...

For the Davis thing...he is not Vontaze, not many are, however he has been fined 7 times over the course of the past 5 years so he is hardly blameless. I also don't get the goonswarm on Abugadu, who has every right to be upset. It was a very cheap shot and Davis should be accountable for it and the criticism he receives for it. Not to mention from his perspective it was the second time this year Adams got blasted in the head, I would probably be a little upset as well.

Davis isn't a career dirty player, but stop white knighting for the dude when he was clearly in the wrong.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Maybe Adams should stop putting himself in a position to get jacked up, weird Asian candy, have you considered that???

Twice by two separate teams! There’s a pattern here.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

omg shut up you loving moron

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Keep your head on a swivel, kid! Maybe don't throw interceptions to the special teams safety if you don't want to be blocked :smugbert:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Tato posted:

It was a terrible hit and there's no excuse for TD. He should be out longer. But the Gronk punishment set the standard for this season. You gotta literally kill a man to get 2 games.

This is where I'm at.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

ozymandius1024 posted:

This is where I'm at.

As a Panthers homer, same. Hit is inexcusable, suspensions need to be enforced uniformly across the league. I also realize this will never happen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That Works posted:

Yeah Vontaze is a better player.

eyyyyy this guy

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Alaois posted:

eyyyyy this guy

:slick:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs players to IR:
Justin Evans
Vernon Hargreaves
JR Sweezy
Adarius Glanton
OJ Howard

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

wandler20 posted:

Bucs players to IR:
Justin Evans
Vernon Hargreaves
JR Sweezy
Adarius Glanton
OJ Howard

Are the Bucs going to have enough players to finish the season?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

three posted:

Are the Bucs going to have enough players to finish the season?

Define "player"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Bucs players to IR:
Justin Evans
Vernon Hargreaves
JR Sweezy
Adarius Glanton
OJ Howard

Gonna be so fun to see them upset the Panthers this week :allears:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gonna be so fun to see them upset the Panthers this week :allears:

My dream is Buccs beat Panthers and then Panthers beat you, but we both know th first part of that definitely ain’t happening.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Define "player"

i drive by the Bucs facility every day from work, i think i might be able to throw in a few hours of practice this week if they're looking

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hell the hit was dirty but it seems like there's a bit of revisionist history going on here. There's a difference between a good player doing something lovely and a dirty player.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

i drive by the Bucs facility every day from work, i think i might be able to throw in a few hours of practice this week if they're looking

Someone get this man some pads and a football!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My dream is Buccs beat Panthers and then Panthers beat you, but we both know th first part of that definitely ain’t happening.

I was hoping some magic scenario exists where the Panthers and Saints both miss the playoffs but the playoff machine is not showing me that is the case :(

Have faith in Jameis. You cannot spell Winston without the W :hfive:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Hell the hit was dirty but it seems like there's a bit of revisionist history going on here. There's a difference between a good player doing something lovely and a dirty player.

I'm not saying you are wrong...but it's not like he doesn't have a history. Again, he is nowhere near the level of a Vontaze Burfict, but he isn't exactly the model for clean play is he?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

I was hoping some magic scenario exists where the Panthers and Saints both miss the playoffs but the playoff machine is not showing me that is the case :(

Seattle and Detroit win out and Panthers and Saints lose out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ulmont posted:

Seattle and Detroit win out and Panthers and Saints lose out.

Gitt'r done!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

1.5744% chance according to current 538 predictions, just FYI.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ulmont posted:

1.5744% chance according to current 538 predictions, just FYI.

So yer sayin' there's a chance?!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

So yer sayin' there's a chance?!

When your chance depends on the Bucs winning 2 straight against teams who would be playing for their playoff life...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ulmont posted:

When your chance depends on the Bucs winning 2 straight against teams who would be playing for their playoff life...

I feel like you are not reciprocating my sarcasm ulmont. Would it kill you to play along???

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

I feel like you are not reciprocating my sarcasm ulmont. Would it kill you to play along???

I'm really hoping your chance dies around 1:30ET on Christmas Eve, honestly. A Christmas present for me and half of my family.

But my bad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ulmont posted:

I'm really hoping your chance dies around 1:30ET on Christmas Eve, honestly. A Christmas present for me and half of my family.

But my bad:

Technically we can lose 1 out of the next 2 and we will be in. That said, let's run the table and take the division imho

• Locked thread