Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lamentable dustman posted:

When Gameday was at Ohio St earlier this year Parsons was there that weekend on an official visit. He was invited on stage at Gameday and given a small tour and took pictures with all they guys including Herbstreit. Normally this would be fine if he was there on an unofficial visit but there is a rule about making a recruit available to the media when someone is there on an official visit. Ohio St self reported the infraction and voluntarily quit recruiting him as a self imposed penalty.

I thought I read that they got him credentials from the ESPN producer to go behind the scenes on Gameday vs him just "randomly" ending up on set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Clemson might be flipping Jackson Carman from Ohio State.

E: didnt see it on the last page

E2: its done.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Carman picked Clemson :toot:

Thoguh posted:

I thought I read that they got him credentials from the ESPN producer to go behind the scenes on Gameday vs him just "randomly" ending up on set.

Could be, was just going from memory on the whole thing.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Hopefully that means Mays is a lock to Georgia, completing Sam Pittmans giant wall of meat.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Please be true

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/CoachSamPittman/status/943506251530502144

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
3* QB JT Shrout decommitted from Cal and just signed with UT

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Go win the Heimlich Trophy!
Missing on Carman sucks, but I can't say I'm shocked when he's been pretty adamant about hating the idea of people assuming he's an OSU lock. He's not the best personality fit with Urban, but he seems like he'd be a perfect fit with Dabo. Losing Jones was honestly expected at this point, and Baldwin is basically the ideal off-year QB for us, where he's at worst a competent game manager that can backup a Haskins/Martell type comfortably. Woodbey would suck to lose, but we've got enough DBs on the roster. I don't get the scout-types melting down about losing 3 guys, when the roster is stacked at those positions already.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I hope the 69 was on purpose

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KKKLIP ART posted:

I hope the 69 was on purpose

It is Salyers number.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

It is Salyers number.

Yeah but, 69

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
https://twitter.com/AriWasserman/status/943521437855436802

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Lol, Urban is only 53.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Regnevelc posted:

Lol, Urban is only 53.

Well he did retire for heart reasons once already.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/943524851280642048

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm so happy

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yessssss

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

I'm so happy

I'm not thrilled about where the Florida offense is heading. I guess they couldn't be garbage forever. Nice get for you guys.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Jones will be an EE, so the odds for him starting as a true freshman next season are pretty good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FCS on another level with the early signing. NDSU has already had 19 sign today and another 3 or 4 as walk on recruits.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh yes

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fields to UGA officially

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
QB is such a need for the Gators. Jones is a good get.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State flipped 4* WR Jahan Dotson from UCLA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:getin:

I guess we toss Franks into the twenty-teens UF quarterback scrap heap, along with the desiccated remains of John Brantley, Skyler Morninwheg, Luke Del Rio, Treon Harris, and Austin Appleby.

(not pictured, Driskel, Murphy and Brissett smiling and loving life at La Tech, Boston College and NC State, respectively)

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Thoguh posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing how many production side guys are fans who get unusual access to kids through work, and proceed to practically stalk/recruit them.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas seems to be bringing in a pretty great haul everywhere except for the DL. Two 4* QBs, three 4* OL, a ridiculous group of DBs including the #1 and #3 safeties in the country, some 4* WRs, a desperately needed placekicker...

I think I saw we're tied with OSU for most ESPN 300 commits. I know being psyched for good recruits at Texas seems silly, but we really haven't had a class like this in a while. Strong's two good classes were both around #10, this one could easily end up top 5, and that's with a relatively small class.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Penn State flipped 4* WR Jahan Dotson from UCLA

I guess his story was he was solid UCLA until Mora got canned.

Which asks the question, what kind of person loves Jim Mora Jr that much? And not want to play for the Chipster?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Probably doesn't know him well enough to be comfortable and wants the process to be over.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
So Barry Odom is pulling in like 2 of the 10 4 and 5* Missouri recruits this year. Great job.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas seems to be bringing in a pretty great haul everywhere except for the DL. Two 4* QBs, three 4* OL, a ridiculous group of DBs including the #1 and #3 safeties in the country, some 4* WRs, a desperately needed placekicker...

I think I saw we're tied with OSU for most ESPN 300 commits. I know being psyched for good recruits at Texas seems silly, but we really haven't had a class like this in a while. Strong's two good classes were both around #10, this one could easily end up top 5, and that's with a relatively small class.

Yalls DB class is ridiculous. Im so glad we were able to flip Tatum and keep Perkins from yall.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

So Barry Odom is pulling in like 2 of the 10 4 and 5* Missouri recruits this year. Great job.

I mean...poo poo this is good news compared to a few months ago. 2 is more than 0.

Obviously still a huge opportunity missed, but I suppose it could be even worse?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:hellyeah: we got 4 star DB Trey Dean as well

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I don't know much about recruiting but what I'm hearing from the beat writers is apparently in terms of numbers Washington may have our best recruiting class ever, potentially top 10?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So UGA is killing it today

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KKKLIP ART posted:

Hell of a line Pitt has put together these past two years.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

KKKLIP ART posted:

Cox next hopefully.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kentucky signed a kicker named Chance Poore.

He challenges Texas kicker Cameron Dicker aka Dicker the kicker for best kicking name.

And Maryland apparently signed a kicker who can kick with either leg.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State had a chance for a historically good recruiting class, will have to settle for a really really good class.

• Locked thread