Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just got this game. I look forward to running around getting shot by people I can't see a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zzulu posted:

I just got this game. I look forward to running around getting shot by people I can't see a lot

Wait until you get better and you start being the person who sees people and shoots them ... and misses and then they immediately zero your position and dome you

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/pubg-voice-chat-wins-oscar-realistic-powerful-portrayal-mental-illness/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

2 updates for today:

quote:

We’ve heard your feedback regarding the leaderboard instability and rank update issues. After investigating these issues further, we’ve established that the sheer amount of data that needed to be processed and displayed was causing an overload on our leaderboard system. To alleviate these problems, we’ve decided to change the way rank is displayed. This is how the new leaderboard system will work:

Places 1 to 1000 - same as before, number based rank
Below 1001 - percentage based rank
If a player has not played enough matches or does not have a sufficient score, their rank will not be displayed.

-----

To ensure a successful and smooth launch, we have altered the PC 1.0 maintenance schedule. It will start 2 hours earlier but end at the same time as before. Thank you for your understanding.

- Start: Dec 20 4PM PST / Dec 21 1AM CET
- End: Dec 20 11PM PST / Dec 21 8AM CET

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pattonesque posted:

Wait until you get better and you start being the person who sees people and shoots them ... and misses and then they immediately zero your position and dome you

This is me, living my best life.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I played my first few games. The very first game I ran into a house a few seconds after touching ground and a guy shot me dead with a shotgun. I actually made it to nr.6 on my 2nd game, mostly because i never encountered any of the other players lol. I shot a guy with an uzi at the end and got gunned down by another guy behind me

I don't really know which guns are good/better than others so when i find cool gear I don't always know if I should switch it out

Also is there a way to vault over fences/tiny walls and poo poo? I can't get over so many fences in this game :negative:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Zzulu posted:

Well I played my first few games. The very first game I ran into a house a few seconds after touching ground and a guy shot me dead with a shotgun. I actually made it to nr.6 on my 2nd game, mostly because i never encountered any of the other players lol. I shot a guy with an uzi at the end and got gunned down by another guy behind me

I don't really know which guns are good/better than others so when i find cool gear I don't always know if I should switch it out

Also is there a way to vault over fences/tiny walls and poo poo? I can't get over so many fences in this game :negative:

My advice on getting used to the weapons: use and kit out the first things you find, and have an AR-- don't switch things in and out. Eventually you'll learn what weapons you like and can use reliably. Literally every weapon can kill a person in under a second (and most can kill within the 200ms human reaction time) so ease and comfort of use is paramount to DPS.

Vaulting is coming in the 1.0 patch tonight (or is on the test server right now)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 20, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, weapon differences are so slight that unless you've got a good number of hours into the game, just pick literally anything up and use it. Try and play with squads, if nothing else you can get downed and get picked back up which leads to more gun practice.

The biggest thing you can do as a new person is learn to loot fast. Faster looting = faster and more guns and equipment.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The best thing to do is to pick a long-range weapon you like, a submachine gun or an assault rifle, and a P92 or the Glock for your sidearm.

I typically prefer to have an UMP for close range and an M4, M16, or Mini for long range.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Star Man posted:

The best thing to do is to pick a long-range weapon you like, a submachine gun or an assault rifle, and a P92 or the Glock for your sidearm.

I typically prefer to have an UMP for close range and an M4, M16, or Mini for long range.

Agree with this. My fav loadout is a Mini, a Vector, and a silenced pistol for car tires.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you haven't played on the test server yet, you're going to be really sad at what they've done to the mini. It's got more kick than the SKS now.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Bhodi posted:

If you haven't played on the test server yet, you're going to be really sad at what they've done to the mini. It's got more kick than the SKS now.

poo poo, really?

If that's true, it's back to the M16

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

slap me and kiss me posted:

poo poo, really?

If that's true, it's back to the M16
I've got some additional bad news for you. Can't fit 8x, massively increased horizontal recoil, limited fire rate, :rip: m16 clickers

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bhodi posted:

It's still a laser though so that's nice.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Bhodi posted:

I've got some additional bad news for you. Can't fit 8x, massively increased horizontal recoil, limited fire rate, :rip: m16 clickers

What doooooo

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
As an aside, my grandfather's Winchester looks just like the one in PUBG and it slays me every time. It's also funny that you use .45 rounds for a gun that usually gets called a .22.

I also love the bird hunting shotgun in the game. Cracks me the gently caress up.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Star Man posted:

As an aside, my grandfather's Winchester looks just like the one in PUBG and it slays me every time. It's also funny that you use .45 rounds for a gun that usually gets called a .22.

I also love the bird hunting shotgun in the game. Cracks me the gently caress up.

That's not how guns work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1894

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

This is the part where I admot that I haven't shot a gun since the Clinton administration.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Le0 posted:

I will check about my sensitivity, I know my DPI is 400. So basically you set all of your sense to the same value? For general, targeting, scope 4x etc...?
Also test build 1.0 patch notes up : http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3066253941346037760

I think you're probably in a good spot with 400 DPI and in-game sensitivity of 50. This is evidently a list of what professional players are using..

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Varkas posted:

I think you're probably in a good spot with 400 DPI and in-game sensitivity of 50. This is evidently a list of what professional players are using..

drat, shroud has the same mouse as me. I'm not surprised because of how awesome it is. I am surprised because it's not top of the line cutting edge with more buttons. If we use the same mouse, why am I still so bad? It doesn't make any sense.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
glad that after all these years there is finally a game that will leave early access while it is still wildly popular and all the poo poo that is broken about it doesn't ruin the fun.

what's up with the new map? is it gonna be on rotation with the old one or will we drop into the desert each match ftw

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Thief posted:

glad that after all these years there is finally a game that will leave early access while it is still wildly popular and all the poo poo that is broken about it doesn't ruin the fun.

what's up with the new map? is it gonna be on rotation with the old one or will we drop into the desert each match ftw

Probably on random just like the test server, although the test server seemed to lean 80/20 towards the desert, assuming that will drop down to 50/50 when it's live.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Thief posted:

According to the dev post, the maps will be on random rotation for now, with plans to let you select which map you want to play on later.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/ki7qq

Last gasp of the old live server version and I get the best grenade toss I've ever done.

and replays don't transfer to the new test/live versions so I can't see the arc :smith:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
that's cool. hopefully they'll keep adding more as time goes by

lookin forward to mad max style improvised jump chases while people wear funny raider outfits on this desert one

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Now I understand why there's the possibility to bind vault and jump to separate keys. I kinda knew a dude was in a house and I thought I'll check by jumping so I can see inside.

Instead of just "checking" my dude vaulted straight in and the guy inside pasted me mid-vault. gently caress.

Mini14 has negilible vertical recoil but horizontally the bullets go all over the place in 1.0. SKS feels like you're throwing spears instead of bullets. Only the bolt actions are decent, because you only need that one hit with them.

Also new nvidia drivers broke reshade for me. Outside I get horrible burnt out green-teal colors, inside are fine. Disabling reshade (renaming the .dll) fixes the issue. Otherwise the game feels pretty good, even great fps wise.

Stable 60fps these days, which is 2-3x better than I used to get early in the early access with my old i7 920. Seems the new drivers and new patches really helped, and hopefully it'll get even better. I don't want to play erangel for now because it runs worse than miramar.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 21, 2017

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

slap me and kiss me posted:

Agree with this. My fav loadout is a Mini, a Vector, and a silenced pistol for car tires.

You can punch out car tires

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Lol if you’re not rocking dual vectors, one with a 4x.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

fletcher posted:

You can punch out car tires

Can I throw my punches into a compound quietly without having to be there?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Lol if you’re not rocking dual vectors, one with a 4x.

I like vss more, it's fun to troll bad players with it. I'm bad too so I get tons of people who stay still and give me time to aim.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The VSS is really rare on the new map with the expanded drop table (if it exists at all), I haven't seen it in 20+ hours of playing on there.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Always take the VSS on rainmap, it's so great

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

The VSS is really rare on the new map with the expanded drop table (if it exists at all), I haven't seen it in 20+ hours of playing on there.

I just found it twice in a row in Impala. Try jumping in there v:v:v

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are the test servers down for maintenance as well or are they actually swamped?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Warbird posted:

Are the test servers down for maintenance as well or are they actually swamped?

Presumably the former.

Patch is deployed on Steam, 12.6gb download.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If I copy over the test install will I save any data? I'm on a cap and the test server updates have taken up a fair bit already.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

odiv posted:

If I copy over the test install will I save any data? I'm on a cap and the test server updates have taken up a fair bit already.

Probably wouldn't hurt. Most of the patch data is going to be the map and textures, and those probably haven't changed too much. Steam should fix anything that doesn't line up.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Varkas posted:

They'll pry my mx518 from my pudgy, calloused hands

e: just saw the pioneer shirt and that is exactly the kind of dumb i am looking for

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone running an Nvidia card used that new 388.71 driver? I'm running a 1060gtx on a laptop should I update the driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I only got a couple of games in with 388.71 before the servers went down and I think the new drivers gave a better frame rate for me. I don't have an fps counter or anything though so ymmv

• Locked thread