Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
You mean you don't want to celebrate spending gems with paltry amounts of materials? Where's your capitalist Christmas spirit?

I've applied to goonlactus as Hebrew Magic, please let me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I’m with you guys no more crystal spending unless it’s a megaT2 deal. I did my first four pulls on the loot boxes, got what i wanted and am done with them.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wowee, big uniform sale. I am used to spending an unhealthy amount of time playing Marvel Heroes so spending money on lovely games that might be dead in 6 months is an old friend. Which uniforms should I buy? Bearing in mind I haven't bought uniforms at all yet in this game, are there any recommended ones which will help in the long run?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dravs posted:

Wowee, big uniform sale. I am used to spending an unhealthy amount of time playing Marvel Heroes so spending money on lovely games that might be dead in 6 months is an old friend. Which uniforms should I buy? Bearing in mind I haven't bought uniforms at all yet in this game, are there any recommended ones which will help in the long run?

Who do you have? Maybe some some pics of your roster or list your 6* duders or something

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

make sure you buy those hidden tix in the alliance shop every day

Thanks, didn't even notice this event

Could only buy 1/2 today since I already bought my clear tix & card, only 8AM and my day begins in failure

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

Who do you have? Maybe some some pics of your roster or list your 6* duders or something

Oh yeah that would help wouldn't it. I already have uniforms for Sharon Rodgers, Loki, Thor and Hulk because they are all great.

Otherwise at 6* i have got:

Heimdall
Captain America
Starlord
Black Widow
Ironman
Anti-Man

Cap America, Black Widow and Ironman seem to come with Age of Ultron uniforms out of the box. Is it worth buying different uniforms for them? Is Starlord worth getting anything for? He doesn't seem great, I got him with a free 6* selector just because I liked the movies and wasn't sure who else to pick.

I also bought the daily bios package, so if there are some good characters I should pick up to get uniforms for I can do that.

Also how valuable are hidden tickets? I have like 12 of them and when I do special missions it asks me if I want to use them and I never do because I am not sure I will ever see any more of them. Should I be saving them or should I just use them all?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Captain America's marvel now uni is pretty good apparently, don't have it myself. Starlord's is poo poo.

The only daily bio person with a uni is Kid Kaiju and I've never seen anyone say that it's a gamechanger for him.

The thing with hidden tickets is to make sure you're progressing on a quest that needs hidden route clears. In special missions, hit the 'quest packs' in the bottom right. IIRC the quest for Dormammu needs like 300 hidden route clears? And if you do everything in the way of kings quest you get a mega uniform ticket which is pretty useful. I've finished all those quests so I'm sitting on 100ish tickets because they might make us do another one.

I effort posted about unis on thanksgiving, lemme dig that up...

E:

NmareBfly posted:

^ If you have Elsa, get her uni (monsters unleashed.) Also gwenpool is good but with the 20-a-day you should almost always prioritize the paywall only people (you can get gwenpool bios in special missions though it's admittedly real slow so getting them from the daily isn't BAD.)

here is a uniform post:

Thor (Ragnarok) - High priority especially on sale because it you level it to mythical you get maybe the best card in the game at 6* for free. It also improves him pretty drastically and is premium priced so on sale is when you want it.

Loki (Rag) - similar to thor but a lot harder to get to mythical since his bios are a pain to farm (also for premium unis you need like 700? bios total) and his card isn't quite as good. Lady Loki isn't bad still but might as well get Rag if you're gonna get one at all at this point.

Those two have the benefit of getting you an amazing card (albiet after like 2 months of straight uniform XP grinding and a huge investment.) Otherwise, what you usually want out of a uni is to either make a good character great or a meh character usable. All uniforms except maybe the green goblin ultimate one make the character better, it's just a question of how much.

Story farmable. This is important because they're making it easier to naturally T2 these guys -- generally I try not to get uniforms for people I'm not gonna T2 at some point because otherwise it's a dead end investment.

Iron Fist (hobo) - turns him into a real monster, he needs the heal badly.
Spiderman (hobo) - Gives him a ridiculous number of iframes, makes him an incredible pain in pvp
Venom (anti) - makes him good, I could solo SL stages at T1 with a bit of effort.
Sif - Brings her from D tier to a solid B or A-
Ghost Rider (attilan) - He should still be better but the uniform giving him a heal helps a LOT.
Hulk (Ragnarok) - brings him up like 2 tiers

slightly lower prio:
Black Widow (civil war) - I like BW and have her at T2, but she's not top tier. Without the uni she'd be pretty poop.
Captain America (Marvel now) - don't have this one but it seems to be recommended
Punisher (netflix) - same as above. Makes him usable to decent.
Winter Soldier (cap) - gives him physical invulnerability on one of his moves, makes him pretty useful in SL.

Then non-story farmable ones:
Elsa - Makes her (at T2) still one of the best speed heroes in the game.
Ronan - Can comfortably solo clear a SL universal relay with the uni, but it can take some practice to stack the stuns right.
Red Hulk - Another 'makes him good' though annoyingly it turn him into a hero instead of a villain.
Beast - Makes him a villain. Doesn't do much to improve his actual skills but you can use him on ABX.
Vulture - Turns him into iframes.

Then I think these are lower priority, most of them make people go from good to better or are utility things:
Sharog - a good uniform, don't get me wrong. It's just not as necessary as some other IMO -- she's great either way. This is just icing.
Strange - The heal is good but I dunno how much he needs the uni. ALso needs T2 materials to upgrade
Thanos - Was top tier already and it's a huge resource sink to upgrade.
Shulk - Makes her leadership slightly better which is good for big ABX scores. Does almost nothing to improve her otherwise.
Quake (agents of shield) - Still worth a mention because it gives her 2 buff charges. Kinda depreciated though.

Are the Age of Ultron unis still 1 g? Don't buy them for crystals if they're not.

I have a ton of other uniforms but those are all the ones I'd consider priorities. What not to get includes:
Gamora, either - what the hell NM she's supposed to be the most dangerous woman in the universe
Kingpin (blingpin) - Was good once. No longer. I still get use out of him in SL but meh.
Angela - why are you so bad?
Nebula - actually with her uni I can solo a low level lady relay in SL just because her stun has a like 2 second cooldown but it is still a pretty poor investment.
Green Gobbo (ultimate) - changes him completely, makes him worse
Baron Mordo - Same as above. He's better without

There are plenty of other good unis -- gwenpool, black bolt, cho, kamala -- I just don't wanna list them all because they're good -> better tier usually. If you're hemming and hawing on someone, ask! If you want a uni for you waifu or husbando just get it, like I said none of them make the character worse. this is too many words already though geez

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 19, 2017

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dravs posted:

Also how valuable are hidden tickets? I have like 12 of them and when I do special missions it asks me if I want to use them and I never do because I am not sure I will ever see any more of them. Should I be saving them or should I just use them all?

Do you have all the rewards from using hidden tickets for the quest packs? Dormammu, the inhumans bios, and the custom gear from the spidey's rogues gallery pack? Finishing the quest packs also gets you 1 mil gold, a T2 ticket and a mega uniform upgrade ticket respectively. You can switch the active quest pack at will. I'm done with all the hidden missions parts of them and didn't pay enough attention to tell you if using them after finishing the quests gets you worthwhile rewards, but I'm saving my extra in case they add another quest pack or something.

Don't worry about uniforms too much unless your character is at T2. The sales come around monthly so you can afford to wait. If you think they look cool (say Star Lord's) and don't mind spending the crystals it probably can't hurt to get them but they are mostly only game changers at T2 and some like Star Lord's might not help much even then.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 19, 2017

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Is Agent 13's uniform worth getting? I use her with Sharog and Captain America and T2'ed her recently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have 370 hidden tickets I've been hoarding since I finished the last of the quest pack tasks. I guess I'll buy these too and keep hoarding for whenever the next Special Mission update comes. There's nothing else on sale that seems worth getting besides the Boost Points. But I keep wondering when I have enough these things.

I grabbed the Hulk Ragnarok costume and I might grab the Wolverine one. I dunno. I'm not that excited by it. I might grab Sif or Black Panther or someone who could use an upgrade but I'll probably wait until the end of the sale to see if anything moves me.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I guess I'm doing the dormammu quest since that was the first one and I just picked it? Should I carry on with it, or switch to a different one? Are the others easier?

Also

quote:

Red Hulk - Another 'makes him good' though annoyingly it turn him into a hero instead of a villain. 

Why is this significant?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hello future fight chums, what characters would benefit from the c.t.p of refinement? Also a good idea is the hidden tickets along with the boost. I've gotten rank up tickets that way with the boost up to 200.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Dravs posted:

I guess I'm doing the dormammu quest since that was the first one and I just picked it? Should I carry on with it, or switch to a different one? Are the others easier?

Also

Why is this significant?

Some Shadowland floors require Villains and decent villains aren't as common as Heroes

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I have 370 hidden tickets I've been hoarding since I finished the last of the quest pack tasks. I guess I'll buy these too and keep hoarding for whenever the next Special Mission update comes. There's nothing else on sale that seems worth getting besides the Boost Points. But I keep wondering when I have enough these things.

I grabbed the Hulk Ragnarok costume and I might grab the Wolverine one. I dunno. I'm not that excited by it. I might grab Sif or Black Panther or someone who could use an upgrade but I'll probably wait until the end of the sale to see if anything moves me.

The wolverine uni is great

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I just kind of love the classic costume. I know I should get the Wolvie one for AXB, Battleworld, and Timeline but its just a personal taste thing. Plus its more expensive cost. Wolverine's already a Top 10 character for me so knowing I could take the same cost and turn two useless/iffy characters into more useful ones makes me hesitate. I'm left wondering if I just wait if I'll get a better price some day.

Dravs posted:

Its mainly just a thing of not wanting to waste Hidden Mission Tickets. When you complete all "Clear X Hidden Missions" tasks in a pack you should switch to the next one so you don't "waste" any Hidden Missions/Tickets. Once you've completed all those tasks you can just turn off the "Use Tickets" button and hoard them and you can just collect the other rewards whenever.

Fried Sushi posted:

Some Shadowland floors require Villains and decent villains aren't as common as Heroes

Plus AXB, Battleworld. Useful Villains are a commodity, especially outside Universal.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 19, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NmareBfly posted:

I effort posted about unis on thanksgiving, lemme dig that up...

E:

Which of Elsa's costumes is it? Her Marvel Now or her Monster Hunter one?
I'm hoping it's the later as my Thor costume lists it for advancements.

So glad I waited until Christmas sales and didn't drop 900 crystals on hidden tickets. With this sale I should have enough to get Dormamu.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Question IRL posted:

Which of Elsa's costumes is it? Her Marvel Now or her Monster Hunter one?
I'm hoping it's the later as my Thor costume lists it for advancements.

So glad I waited until Christmas sales and didn't drop 900 crystals on hidden tickets. With this sale I should have enough to get Dormamu.

the Monsters Unleashed costume is a straight upgrade and the good one

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I installed this game a year ago and came back to two 6 star character selectors. Is there anyone in particular I should pick?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I installed this game a year ago and came back to two 6 star character selectors. Is there anyone in particular I should pick?

Sharon Rogers is the #1 with a bullet. #2 is more hazy. Loki's still probably the best choice, maybe Mantis. Hulk if you plan to ever get his uniform. Santana or Clea if you want to get a jumpstart on the Strange quest (Hellstrom is maybe actually better but he's easier to farm.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blue Marvel and Nova seem like they have to make the list if they're options for the selector. And I guess Anti-Man? I don't have him yet but I know my 4/19 Blue Marvel can beast hardcore and my 4/15 Nova can too.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Today one of my quests was complete co-op mission

Mission: use co-op skill more than 3 times

RIP no crystals today

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

thechalkoutline posted:

RIP no crystals today

I think people have slightly gotten better at that. Just keep spamming it and hoping. If needs be don't contribute to the damage to ensure you have enough time to get 3 co-op in.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

RIP no crystals today

You can do it, it only took me ~10 tries trying off and on throughout the morning. I just close the game if it looks like it has no chance of happening. Try taking a weak character in and take damage with it so that the boss bar doesn't fill up, then once all 3 co-op are used swap to a strong character and burn it down. It's a pain in the rear end for sure but doable, alternatively I think the boss resets in ~6 hours so you can see what the option is then.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Sharon Rogers is the #1 with a bullet. #2 is more hazy. Loki's still probably the best choice, maybe Mantis. Hulk if you plan to ever get his uniform. Santana or Clea if you want to get a jumpstart on the Strange quest (Hellstrom is maybe actually better but he's easier to farm.)

I picked Sharon as my... starter? Does that influence who I should pick.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Blue Marvel and Nova seem like they have to make the list if they're options for the selector. And I guess Anti-Man? I don't have him yet but I know my 4/19 Blue Marvel can beast hardcore and my 4/15 Nova can too.

They'd totally make the list but they're not an option afaik.

With sharon at 6* already I'd say Loki and maybe Mantis? That gives you three people that can wipe the floor with an SL stage, though you're blast-heavy. Hulk's great but only if you get his relatively-expensive uniform. Elsa or Gwenpool are good choices for speed -- Elsa is easy to farm but this'll get you a headstart towards T2ing her, Gwen is a lot harder to get but isn't quite as good overall. Robbie Reyes, Vulture + his uni. All good choices IMO.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

RIP no crystals today

The mission and requirements should reset at some point later today, there should be a countdown saying how long.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

The mission and requirements should reset at some point later today, there should be a countdown saying how long.

Ah that's the best tip so far, thanks

As to the others, the issue is if it takes more than one try I'm not doing it

QUESTION: does anyone know if the new story that give two different type of uru give any more/less than the ones that only give one type?

E.g. does the (Thor?) mission that gives only Energy Attack uru give more per 10x clear than the American Chavez Energy Attack + Energy Def uru?

I ran out of stuff to do so I'm just gonna Uru all my uber duders

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Got a 200 x bios thing from the store, who should I dump that into? Main characters I'm looking at are Squirrel Girl, Elsa, and Singularity.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

It is done. I now have every native T2 at level 60. Now what am I going to do with all these spare bios coming in?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Eat them

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

fart simpson posted:

It is done. I now have every native T2 at level 60. Now what am I going to do with all these spare bios coming in?

Start stockpiling. You know another 1500 bio sink is around the corner

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Can anyone explain the resources required to take a character up to T2?

I got my Loki to level 60 and I got a free T2 upgrade token but now I find I need to upgrade his gear up to +20? And each level of gear takes more Loki bios?

Is there anything else I need to do once I get there? I always seem to be out of gear kits and dimension debris.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if youre using a t2 ticket, you need him at level 60, with full mastery, and with all gear at level 20. if youre doing it without a ticket you additionally need 2.5million gold, 150 bios, 300 regular norns, 800 bam, and 1000 chaos norns (half this for the story mode characters who got discounted).

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 21, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I recently finished 6/6/60 everyone except for Ebony Maw & Black Dwarf (who I'll slowly work on) so I've been looking to other things to do

Apart from amplifying uru slots & putting in 4* dmg I decided to pick a character ranking mans; I've been waiting forever for them to release a hero I love (SILVER SURFER) but it's time to semi-arbitrarily pick one

Wong was chosen as the ideal candidate because a) he shares my surname and b) he's a huge piece of poo poo and one of the last guys I ever 6* c) I took a look at the top guys and I could feasibly be #1 Wong goon man

First step was buying the costume, because even though it has no impact on rankings, if I have to stare at it for a long time the Benedict face is vastly superior

THE JOURNEY OF WONG BEGINS

17/17/17/17, no ISO/gear

Finally ranked at 17/17/17/20

I think I'll check in when I'm full 20 gear

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Uniforms do affect character ranking though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

You can see this is true just by looking at combat scores of the top characters who have a uniform (about 260k) vs without a uniform (about 228k)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

This is the highest rank I have

My characters are all weaklings :(

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

You can see this is true just by looking at combat scores of the top characters who have a uniform (about 260k) vs without a uniform (about 228k)

Yes, that's because the bonus power you get from owning the unis that give the uni stat bonuses count; I'm aware of this

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

That did remind me to buy the 2 unis I was missing for Wong so there's that :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Would CTP of refinement be good for anti-man? Mine is fairly squishy in ABX and against infinity thanos. I haven't broken into WBU yet. I feel like I just need to get his rotation figured out better (ie standing there in place blasting is bad against the high end stuff), but I'm not sure I have a better place for the healy CTP. My only other choices at the moment are Thor (who has a +lightning damage obelisk and does fine in a low teens Shadowlands) or Proxima (got her at 6/6/60 but like 14 or 15 gears). I can also sit on it until I rank Dormammu or Odin but that will take forever since I'm up to BAM 4 on Thanos.