Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It's the worst food wrapped around one of the top twenty worst foods. I'm going to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's the worst food wrapped around one of the top twenty worst foods. I'm going to die.

Agreed. Bananas deserve to go extinct with the next blight.

And grapefruits can go to hell with them.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Why would anyone eat grapefruit when there are pomelos

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Enfys posted:

Why would anyone eat grapefruit

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Thank you, friend.

I want a tag!

Randaconda posted:

Maybe the mods will gift us the tag, I'm pretty broke atm. :negative:

I am down on both counts.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

This thread is great.

These bananas are not.

wtf

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Why would anyone eat grapefruit

To make their benzo high last longer? Grapefruit inhibits cytochrome p450, which is your primary enzyme for metabolizing a lot of different drugs.

Or maybe they just like IPAs.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

cash crab posted:

The best part is the bananas are turning slightly brown. I like to imagine that after the photoshoot was done, they left them there under the lamps and the bananas disintegrated into a puddle of mushy, fish-scented goo.

My dad was a food photographer for RJ Reynolds back in the day and on top of cigarettes did shoots for stuff like Burger King. Everything is sprayed with glycerin so nothing wilts or dries out under hot lights (and drops of glycerin are used to mimic water droplets, say, on lettuce), so there’s no way those fish bananas were properly prepped. Imagine the smell...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Mmmm, I love grapefruit.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Haifisch posted:

This thread is great.

These bananas are not.

This image has made me actually feel queasy, which I think is a first in this thread for me. Goongratulations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Whooping Crabs posted:

To make their benzo high last longer? Grapefruit inhibits cytochrome p450, which is your primary enzyme for metabolizing a lot of different drugs.

Or maybe they just like IPAs.

yup my favorite one is pine needles and grapefruit.

err IPAs that is.. not drugs.. drugs are bad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

yup my favorite one is pine needles and grapefruit.

err IPAs that is.. not drugs.. drugs are bad.

more drugs for me

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

more drugs for me

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
gently caress all y'all grapefruits and bananas are both awesome

so are IPAs, more hops = more better

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yawgmoth posted:

gently caress all y'all grapefruits and bananas are both awesome

so are IPAs, more hops = more better

I think bananas are ok at best. Grapefruit is p bad, and no one actually likes IPAs

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

no one actually likes IPAs

:wrong:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Iron Crowned posted:

I think bananas are ok at best. Grapefruit is p bad, and no one actually likes IPAs
yes, you're right, no one likes IPAs

you should all send them to me so I can get rid of them properly

in my mouth

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had a coconut porter yesterday and it was delightful.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

I had a coconut porter yesterday and it was delightful.

I would sexually assault that.

School lunch today was chicken stewed with raisins and tons of butter, quinoa and goat cheese salad WITH PINEAPPLE, roasted peppers and carrots, Caesar salad that was so soaked in dressing that they gave us an ice-cream scoop, roast beef, chickpea stew, pears, and yogurt with marmalade????

It was...an assortment.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yawgmoth posted:

yes, you're right, no one likes IPAs

you should all send them to me so I can get rid of them properly

in my mouth

IPAs are just so played out. They were alright about 10 years ago when you had a handful of them and a hoppy beer was a nice change of pace. Now it seems like every brewery has a minimum of 5 IPAs, and I just want a decent porter.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I used to love IPAs then I realized they were not good.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Croatoan posted:

I used to love IPAs then I realized they were not good.

I don't like beer that feels like it's burning my sinuses.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm not a huge fan of BART in Orlando (when ordinarily I really like it) because they have a billion and one IPAs in their cooler and most of the rest of the beers tilt more toward that hoppy and bitter side of the flavor spectrum. I'm more about stuff like Dragon's Milk or La Fin du Monde, where malty and fruity flavors dominate. At a place with a poor beer selection, something like Guinness or Blue Moon or a good amber ale is my most likely choice.

The absolute worst beer I've ever had (notwithstanding bizarre stuff like a beer with honey mixed in that was sickly sweet) was Baltika #3 from Russia. It had this weird processed sweetness that made it taste like it had expired syrup in it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Iron Crowned posted:

IPAs are just so played out. They were alright about 10 years ago when you had a handful of them and a hoppy beer was a nice change of pace. Now it seems like every brewery has a minimum of 5 IPAs, and I just want a decent porter.
I love porters too, but just lol @ "played out". A good beer's a good beer, it doesn't matter how many imitators or variations it has. The reason you see IPAs all the time is because it's not a seasonal beer, whereas porters tend to be winter seasonals. Right now if I go to the good liquor store near my place I'll see more porters & stouts than anything else because it's in season, and come march most of them will get replaced by X brewery's spring seasonal; but they'll always have an IPA in stock because it's not a thing that gets rotated.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
IPAs are good, so are bananas, but grapefruit is the only fruit I've ever tried that I dislike, and that includes durian. Durian is delicious.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I like grapefruit. I'm not sorry.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm not a huge fan of BART in Orlando (when ordinarily I really like it) because they have a billion and one IPAs in their cooler and most of the rest of the beers tilt more toward that hoppy and bitter side of the flavor spectrum. I'm more about stuff like Dragon's Milk or La Fin du Monde, where malty and fruity flavors dominate. At a place with a poor beer selection, something like Guinness or Blue Moon or a good amber ale is my most likely choice.

The absolute worst beer I've ever had (notwithstanding bizarre stuff like a beer with honey mixed in that was sickly sweet) was Baltika #3 from Russia. It had this weird processed sweetness that made it taste like it had expired syrup in it.

Orlando goon!

Get in here.

Also, Blithering Idiot is the worst beer I've had. It tasted like a cleaning chemical. My go to at a place with whatever beer is Boston Lager, or a good octoberfest during the season.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ew a bookface

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Orlando goon!

Get in here.

Also, Blithering Idiot is the worst beer I've had. It tasted like a cleaning chemical. My go to at a place with whatever beer is Boston Lager, or a good octoberfest during the season.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know we had a group.

The only Orlando goon I know is Deviant, who actually does the monthly gaming trivia nights at BART.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know we had a group.

The only Orlando goon I know is Deviant, who actually does the monthly gaming trivia nights at BART.

Zippereli just made it like last week

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now people see my lovely facebook. :ohdearsass:

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Haifisch posted:

This thread is great.

These bananas are not.

Oh boy, anyone up for shots of the resulting fish-banana slurry at the bottom of the dish? :barf:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

Now people see my lovely facebook. :ohdearsass:

Your poo poo is locked down, we can only see your serial killer manifesto attachment profile picture

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your poo poo is locked down, we can only see your serial killer manifesto attachment profile picture

Don't shame my white trash heritage.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/BI43HeP.gifv

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lackey posted:

Oh boy, anyone up for shots of the resulting fish-banana slurry at the bottom of the dish? :barf:

...finnanna

?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/U8w7lZD.mp4

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU