Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

*runs up to the chat thread as fast as he can*

GUYS

*breathing heavily*

THEY FIXED MY COX

time to pound the hell out of it to make up for lost time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

*runs up to the chat thread as fast as he can*

GUYS

*breathing heavily*

THEY FIXED MY COX

can we have a meeting to discuss

need to eliminate this single point of failure IMO

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had a guy that worked at the Verizon store look me dead in the eye and tell me that cell service would be worse in the summer because there were leaves on the trees and they block some of the signal.

It's better in the winter because snow is white, so it reflects the signal around better.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

cheer up Steve Scalise
Lost your frank and beans
Now you ain't got a weiner, it was
Left at the scene

Or

Scalise don't like it!

SHOT his dick off
SHOT his dick off

I apologize this is totally inappropriate. These songs just keep going through my head whenever someone mentions Scalise. I have nothing against him, much like the front panel of his briefs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The worst thing today was 90 minutes on an all in one printer and copier.

"Copier paper jam"

I had to disassemble the thing to the point where I started forgetting how to put it back together. I started taking pics after I took each piece off so I had a reference.

fixed it though

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

can we have a meeting to discuss

need to eliminate this single point of failure IMO

We actually do have Century Link as a backup, but when we moved into the new building we found out CL basically cut the lines into our building from the street and want us to pay some extravagant amount to have them rerun the lines.

I want fiber damnit!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good work fixing the Cox, everyone. I'd like the root cause corrective action report in my inbox by end of week.

-s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

reply all

Is email working again now?

Please advise

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good to hear about your cox.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I may be late to the party but I am super excited for "Bright" and I can't explain why

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quiet Feet posted:

I have nothing against him, much like the front panel of his briefs.
lol

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I have nothing against him, much like the front panel of his briefs.

lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had a guy that worked at the Verizon store look me dead in the eye and tell me that cell service would be worse in the summer because there were leaves on the trees and they block some of the signal.

I mean it's technically true. Trees are actually a problem when choosing cell sites but I am 100% sure that guy didn't mean it that way lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

The worst thing today was 90 minutes on an all in one printer and copier.

"Copier paper jam"

I had to disassemble the thing to the point where I started forgetting how to put it back together. I started taking pics after I took each piece off so I had a reference.

fixed it though

Why didn't you just scream at it and hit random buttons like the manual says

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Since we're aping PYF today: post your favorite "not really professional/appropriate" signature poo poo your co-workers put at the bottom of their emails.

I particularly like the ones that are passive-aggressively religious

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Today we replaced all of our Xerox's with their new Altalinks, and for once they are a massive improvement.

Leperflesh posted:

Whenever I'm in a large (like 20+ people) Zoom conference for work, there's inevitably about a half-dozen people who have taped something over their laptop's camera instead of just disabling video in the conference. Naturally they're also working from home and consuming bandwidth to upload video of the backside of a piece of tape. And whenever that person speaks on the call, the main window switches to a square showing their piece of tape.

This is not a difficult thing to deal with. Zoom puts a control to turn video on or off in like four different places. And these people attending the calls are performing technical duties at a large software company.

I honestly think if you can't figure out how to click the button that turns video off, that's basically proof you're not qualified for your technical job at a software company. Like you're clearly aware there's video, or you wouldn't be putting tape over the camera.

tape is foolproof and set-it-and-forget-it

https://www.grahamcluley.com/webcam-spying-without-turning-led-researchers-prove-possible/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I knew of a guy at my last job who decided to be funny when he took a day off. His auto-reply was "I'm out office on Friday, please speak to x if you have an urgent need, otherwise go gently caress yourself."

He merely got a write up. Prevented him from being promoted for awhile!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Since we're aping PYF today: post your favorite "not really professional/appropriate" signature poo poo your co-workers put at the bottom of their emails.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message is intended for the person to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER regarding attached items: This document has been prepared by the City Engineering Division as a guide for minimum level design standards. There may be situations where additional engineering is required to ensure a durable and safe product. Any modification to these standards must first be approved in writing by the City Engineer. Any costs associated with the modifications will be at the expense of the owner, developer or contractor, including additional engineering costs.
The City does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein. The City shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or damages arising out of the use of this information. This document is published with the understanding that the City is supplying information but is not attempting to render engineering or other professional services. If such services are required, the assistance of an appropriate professional should be commissioned. Call 48 hours before you dig to OUPS 1-800-362-2764 or 8-1-1

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I particularly like the ones that are passive-aggressively religious

My old boss set her default email text to comic sans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My old boss set her default email text to comic sans

This is good and shows your boss is super smart.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. On the other hand, these are work machines with internal-only data on them: if the machine is compromised, then we've got bigger problems. So the main concern is probably my employer spying on them via webcam, which, again, if you think your employer is doing that to you, maybe quit that job?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once got sent an email when I wasn't the intended recipient. It was a woman saying "hey love, look what I did? <some random screenshot of some internal system>, hope you like it, love, me." I decided to reply back "was I intended to receive this?" And she freaked out and said I wasn't. I looked her up later, and she was married to some dude outside of the company, so I'm pretty sure she admitted some sort of affair to me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

We taped our webcams as a sign of solidarity but also because we sometimes drank beer in the office behind the curtains that blocked the security cameras

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao I was just talking to my girlfriend who I assumed was home and she said "I'm getting pulled over I have to go"

Goddammit woman.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Just pick yourselves up by your bootstraps and become millionaires you bunch of loving babies.
I hate that this country was founded by batshit insane Puritans whose whole life philosophy was "Work until your dead, don't complain, life is supposed to be miserable" and that infected America from the start with this idea of retiring being bad and working until you on your deathbed was admirable.

Also I feel like the mythologizing of our country's history/founding where we became a country because of taxes and this myth being hammered in our skulls until high school is why conservatism and libertarianism are such blights to our country.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/943596620708446210

O I C

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Motherfucker I came here to post that!!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I actually read the article, and they're basically trying to show what the benefit is for millionaires because that's what the tax plan is for.

Edit: they're still trying to make this sound great for middle class houses and not so much for millionaires, so gently caress em regardless.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm glad I got that full time remote because I'm moving back to my mom's house

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Death by Guillotine is a gif I thought was funny but turned less funny and more necessary as time rolled on.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What were the Henry offenses supposed to mean?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What were the Henry offenses supposed to mean?

High Earning Not Rich Yet

Basically the embarrassed millionaire syndrome where people with lots of money act and feel like they don't and align themselves with millionaires because that's how they see themselves

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Spoeank posted:

High Earning Not Rich Yet

Basically the embarrassed millionaire syndrome where people with lots of money act and feel like they don't and align themselves with millionaires because that's how they see themselves

I feel personally attacked

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I will be a millionaire in 25 years. If retirement savings count. Maybe. Probably not.

gently caress boomer scum

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's pretty awesome how this dipshit administration pushed tax cuts through during a booming economy which will inevitably lead to another recession and further income stratification.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like how literal they went with the bill. Just straight up Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Today we replaced all of our Xerox's with their new Altalinks, and for once they are a massive improvement.

tape is foolproof and set-it-and-forget-it

https://www.grahamcluley.com/webcam-spying-without-turning-led-researchers-prove-possible/

Reminds me of the time a school got caught spying on high school students in their bedrooms.

I can't believe no one went to jail over that, there's a non zero chance they had photos of 15 year olds loving and masturbating on the school's servers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

WHOOPS posted:

I like how literal they went with the bill. Just straight up Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

That cannot be the final name as it violated senate rules. Not sure what the final version is called.

Likewise the bill doesn't qualify for 2017 reconciliation so Trump cannot sign it until 2018. Note that cuts will still go into effect next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

That cannot be the final name as it violated senate rules. Not sure what the final version is called.

Likewise the bill doesn't qualify for 2017 reconciliation so Trump cannot sign it until 2018. Note that cuts will still go into effect next year.

Renaming failed in a revote

• Locked thread