Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I have had my avatar for almost 15 years

http://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/943355697743454209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol what the gently caress

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.facebook.com/tbskyokugen/videos/1825993337473054/

hahahaha, the plexiglass power struggle against a bear while he has food strapped to him and the football match against 100 children actually looks awesome. i heard they were doing another bullshit k-1 rules sparring match with masato and kohi but this looks way better

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

japan has the best telly

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I am so uninterested in anything Bob Sapp is doing and you all should be too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nierbo posted:

Dude, Bob Sapp gets to do gently caress off TV spots and throw fights, what more is there to life?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bobb Sapp had an integral part in probably the least lovely Adam Sandler movie of the past 20 years. Its a low bar but so is all of Japanese MMA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bobbb Sappp on Gaki no Tsukai's Shichihenge (should show up if you google it) was great. They're all so confused by him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bobbu sappu

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The Japanese equivalent of Joe Silva is loaded up in a spice chamber and every once in a while spasms against the glass with proposed fights.
"Bob Sapp... against a bear... wild"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wish joe silva would do interviews and poo poo

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Nierbo posted:

He's provided a very good pay day for a friend of mine so I'll always be greatful for his antics on some level.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Skip My Posts posted:

yea he probably has one of the most interesting perspectives in the sport with how vast & intricate his role with ufc was but he hates doing stuff like that probably for good reason.
I couldn't believe i saw him in the airport right after ufc 204 and couldn't think of a decent question but I had been up like 24hr+ by that point and was just like Buhhhh Hello i'm normal, hehe.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
as part of a thing for college years ago i had to connect with foreign exchange students from Japan and Korea, and the easiest way to do that with Japanese students was to talk about our shared love for " Bobbu Sappu " and Mark Hunt. it was a lot of fun. we watched TKZ-Poirier with the koreans and that was a real fun thing to do too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/spamtimecomeon/status/943382500801310722

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It sadly doesn't surprise me that a dude like Bob Sapp who was/is a steroid elemental, has taken a lot of punishment even before throwing fights is probably a bit hosed in the head. It goes hand in hand with combat sports, it seems.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It sadly doesn't surprise me that a dude like Bob Sapp who was/is a steroid elemental, has taken a lot of punishment even before throwing fights is probably a bit hosed in the head. It goes hand in hand with combat sports, it seems.

the good news according to the facebook messages in the article is that apparently he gives up when fighting women too

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the good news according to the facebook messages in the article is that apparently he gives up when fighting women too

Lol

Skip My Posts posted:

Same. Hopefully he does a book or something. It wouldn't sell at all because only like 500 people know who he is but I really want to know how that dude sees things.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if Alibaba has a decent lawyering service.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

Lol

Same. Hopefully he does a book or something. It wouldn't sell at all because only like 500 people know who he is but I really want to know how that dude sees things.

I would read the poo poo out of a Joe Silva book. I wouldn't even want a tell-all or whatever, just his insights into the fight game. There's probably no one on the planet who has watched as much MMA as he has.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe Dave Meltzer can publish a compilation of Joe Silva's letters to the Wrestling Observer from back when he was just an opinionated superfan.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Wise Learned Man posted:

Maybe Dave Meltzer can publish a compilation of Joe Silva's letters to the Wrestling Observer from back when he was just an opinionated superfan.

speculation about funaki v pele

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

speculation about funaki v pele

Pele fought in ROC just last year, which is utterly insane.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to see Sapp get tapped out by a bear. I know he’s garbage, but I can’t help it. Also man is clearly gaming the system now, so good for him.

Soon....

I may even try and create an op, but I doubt I’ll be able to do much besides just copy and paste from the Rizin FB page.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't blame Sapp for making a hustle. If people are going to keep giving him money for throwing fights or doing crazy stunts with bears in plexiglass boxes, he'd be a fool to turn it down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can't blame Sapp for making a hustle. If people are going to keep giving him money for throwing fights or doing crazy stunts with bears in plexiglass boxes, he'd be a fool to turn it down.

Yeah, I mean it’s not like he’s done anything to not deserve some easy paydays. Plus it usually gets other people paydays too as Willie pointed out.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I mean it’s not like he’s done anything to not deserve some easy paydays. Plus it usually gets other people paydays too as Willie pointed out.

Yup, that bear’ll never want for anything again. Nor his children, and their children.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hows new years eve looking this year?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lid posted:

Hows new years eve looking this year?

bwgp looks pretty good, almost everything else looks bad. the kickboxing portion is rear end

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bad bad or ha ha bad

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lid posted:

Bad bad or ha ha bad

bad is probably unfair, cool stuff is probably going to happen in a bunch of fights like Gomi's opponent getting a legal kill on Indian soil, and Kitaoka vs Japanese Dave Strasser could actually be a really good grappling match. But it's punctuated with fights with extreme badness potential like another Gabi Garcia fight, Cindy Dandois, and a promotional tie in fight with the upcoming animated feature film "Early Man".

Outside of the bwgp there's nothing that looks meaningful in any way, just a load of stuff happening for no reason that nobody cares about

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

bwgp looks pretty good, almost everything else looks bad. the kickboxing portion is rear end

Two days worth of cards, so like 18 hours of tv, when the best thing on it is going to be two guys fighting over who deserves to be the UFC’s #6 flyweight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you can’t enjoy a Gabi Garcia fight, I dunno man.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

coconono posted:

If you can’t enjoy a Gabi Garcia fight, I dunno man.

after the grandma fight i would be happy with never ever seeing her "fight" again

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Apropos of not much at all, Cindy Dandois won her last fight by virtue of her bosoms being too heavy for her opponent to get up, and the referee decided that counted as a stoppage.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Gabi Garcia Grandma Executions are up there with fights where the ref lets a concussed and defenseless person get punched thirty times in terms of making me feel profoundly uncomfortable with the dumb thing I've chosen to watch.

But thankfully RIzin has decided to help me out by also booking Gomi/Yachi so I can have that overwhelming sense of dread for both cards.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

after the grandma fight i would be happy with never ever seeing her "fight" again

She's fighting an even older and smaller pro wrestling grandma this year. :saddowns:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wise Learned Man posted:

She's fighting an even older and smaller pro wrestling grandma this year. :saddowns:

So more fun, right?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Wise Learned Man posted:

the only way this would be ok is if it was a rap battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Gabi Garcia's career would be much more of a travesty if she was the murderous bulldozer she appears to be at a glance. She's barely beating these grandmas with wholly unrefined brute strength and laughable technique and they're usually left none the worse for wear despite the apparently awful mismatch they were in.