Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

This is how I feel about LobosJR. He does wild rear end challenge runs like having people from the chat type !weapon to randomly change his weapon at will or a Marathon Man challenge where he has 1 HP, infinite stamina and the game modded so it holds down the run button constantly. But all he does the entire time is say WELcome to the WOLF PACK!. Thank you so much for the bits 420 Fart Huffer. Haha. Love the username. Etc

I feel like a lot of the pro streamers in that “tier” where you don’t have enough sponsors/cash flow to mostly ignore your audience get tired of hearing themselves say poo poo like that but they have to keep their fans happy and people eat it up. Some of lobos streams you can tell he’s really forcing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Full time videogame streaming as a career seems like a terrible monkey paw wish you’d make

my favourite streams are pro counter strike players where they hardly talk to the chat and just concentrate on gaming, only to remember theres an audience when they die and are sitting out the rest of the round

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I feel like a lot of the pro streamers in that “tier” where you don’t have enough sponsors/cash flow to mostly ignore your audience get tired of hearing themselves say poo poo like that but they have to keep their fans happy and people eat it up. Some of lobos streams you can tell he’s really forcing it

some of his audience is cool though, making custom mods for him & giving him ideas, so i dunno, it balances out

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I would take the monkey's paw wish of doing stream shout outs n stuff in exchange for playing video games for a living in a heartbeat and tbh you're a fool if you wouldn't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No thank you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

I would take the monkey's paw wish of doing stream shout outs n stuff in exchange for playing video games for a living in a heartbeat and tbh you're a fool if you wouldn't

Blindly putting your entire livelihood in the hands of a soulless megacorporation who at any time could cut your take home cash in half and would gladly firebomb 10,000 somalis if it meant a yearly net gain of 0.02% for the win my bitch. Shoutouts to Bunkbed Crew and BedheadBilly thanks for the 3 dollars

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://www.twitch.tv/the_happy_hob

he's gotten farther than he's ever been before. ds1 and ds2 down. jesus christ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blindly putting your entire livelihood in the hands of a soulless megacorporation who at any time could cut your take home cash in half and would gladly firebomb 10,000 somalis if it meant a yearly net gain of 0.02% for the win my bitch. Shoutouts to Bunkbed Crew and BedheadBilly thanks for the 3 dollars

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my perspective is probably skewed because I currently work in a retirement center and it's bad. an old lady yesterday asked for a banana with her lunch so I brought her one, peeling it for her as I walked up because I figured she probably couldn't herself, and then she got mad at me and started shouting at me for "tearing" the banana and then when I asked her if she wanted me not to peel it said "bring me another one, I asked for a banana, not a banana that has been destroyed" so I brought her another one and she didn't peel it and it sat next to her plate the whole meal doing nothing because it's a banana and you can't eat those without peeling them

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
there's an old man who always wants to shake my hand who looks like an irl version of when you make a ds1 character and move all the face feature distance sliders to as close as possible

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

my perspective is probably skewed because I currently work in a retirement center and it's bad. an old lady yesterday asked for a banana with her lunch so I brought her one, peeling it for her as I walked up because I figured she probably couldn't herself, and then she got mad at me and started shouting at me for "tearing" the banana and then when I asked her if she wanted me not to peel it said "bring me another one, I asked for a banana, not a banana that has been destroyed" so I brought her another one and she didn't peel it and it sat next to her plate the whole meal doing nothing because it's a banana and you can't eat those without peeling them

i would much rather have a creative career that i enjoy that makes use of my talents but each to their own, goodluck on your twitch career :cheers:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

i already have a way better career. i probably play more videogames than a full time videogame player anyway

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
streaming seems worse than some careers, but better than other, but i feel like it's hell on your body + emotions.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i already have a way better career. i probably play more videogames than a full time videogame player anyway

What’s your career?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

What’s your career?

He works at the dock where everyone goes to knock the sailors' dicks out of people's mouths.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

What’s your career?

i race road bikes :-] the pay is really bad at my level but i have all of the free time in the world in the offseason cos training averages around 4 hours a day and lots of resting

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i race road bikes :-] the pay is really bad at my level but i have all of the free time in the world in the offseason cos training averages around 4 hours a day and lots of resting

Man that kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

That’s cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what in the hell is a 'roastie'?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

booya

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

lol what bad rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:bedheadbillyWUT:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

That's a nice career. I've been thinking about picking up a new career and I might give that one a spin.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

That's a nice career. I've been thinking about picking up a new career and I might give that one a spin.

it seems easy enough, you dont even have to stand

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It's probably not any more difficult than Cuphead

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

if its something youre interested in then its at least a nice hobby to have .. and if youre young you can still find some success. according to the op of their thread theres people in Games who literally became long distance truckers irl because of euro truck simulator. which is cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This guy did DS2 and 3 and now he's about to start DS1. Maybe it's the no hit run!

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
owned by ornstein

gently caress

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i just got nioh after playing through ds1 and 3. i hear the level design is ho hum but the combat system is pretty good. i'm spending more money for diminishing returns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's more cut content out for bb. it's a final stage of the moon presence that looks totally grotesque, and was located in cut chalice content.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
what kinda weapons are there that are interesting for a quality build in dark souls 1? I've got a +15 claymore but since it has a very similar moveset to every weapon i've used in ds except for the one katana run i did i'm finding myself a little bored

Dec 26, 2012

murakumo in the sense that it has a relatively high str requirement and gets A dex scaling

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neurosis posted:

i just got nioh after playing through ds1 and 3. i hear the level design is ho hum but the combat system is pretty good. i'm spending more money for diminishing returns

The level design gets pretty good later in the game. The combat system owns. Everything else is kinda inferior to Souls games but it's way more of a combat game (kinda a spiritual sequel to Ninja Gaiden including a few ludicrously overpowered moves you'll spam forever) so that's fine

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurosis posted:

what kinda weapons are there that are interesting for a quality build in dark souls 1? I've got a +15 claymore but since it has a very similar moveset to every weapon i've used in ds except for the one katana run i did i'm finding myself a little bored

all rapiers are very fun and make you play differently. the balder side sword is a straight sword with some poking. halbred and lucerne both have movesets that are fairly different from everything.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The base halberd has a long-range thrust that's really nice - black knight halberd and great scythe replace it with a sweep IIRC - but it's also kind of slow. My girlfriend loved it because you can pair it with a shield and be pretty safe, but it's slow going.

I loved the estoc's moveset when I played a magic build, but some of the rapiers are more powerful. Ricard's, especially, which can burn through bosses at an insane rate using pine resins. Estoc has some slashes in addition to the thrusts that I liked for regular enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The base halberd has a long-range thrust that's really nice - black knight halberd and great scythe replace it with a sweep IIRC - but it's also kind of slow. My girlfriend loved it because you can pair it with a shield and be pretty safe, but it's slow going.

I loved the estoc's moveset when I played a magic build, but some of the rapiers are more powerful. Ricard's, especially, which can burn through bosses at an insane rate using pine resins. Estoc has some slashes in addition to the thrusts that I liked for regular enemies.

estocs didn't have edges for slashing that's the definition of the estoc, shaking my head at these video game guys and their sloppy nomenclature

anyway people never shut up about these games so what's the best one if I wanted to give it a try (on PC)