Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Avatar gives me the impression that they barely know what side is up, and they're just kinda lucky to have Über at this point.

New Über is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Holy poo poo, The Fix is back

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

BigglesSWE posted:

Avatar gives me the impression that they barely know what side is up, and they're just kinda lucky to have Über at this point.

New Über is good.

Agreed. Lull in the action but good internal struggles for the characters.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Pancakes posted:

Agreed. Lull in the action but good internal struggles for the characters.

And that final panel....yowza.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Robot Danger posted:

Holy poo poo, The Fix is back

Yeah but... nick spenser. :|

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Yes. I am excited to read this comic.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If we were to dismiss creators' self-owned comics based on how terrible their big-two events were, there'd be almost nothing left!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its more him as a human being all up really :v:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/939336532703539201

I love Hickman

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Did anyone pick up Paradiso this week? I was tempted to give it a try but ultimately decided against it and was wondering if I'd missed out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It was just the setup, but if you want some body horror with people augmenting their bodies with cybernetics, then it's for you. Plot is a human wants to break into a city for the elite, which is guarded by said cyborgs. Think like cyborgs meet Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone read Barbarella?
I saw it summed up on another forum with everyone there tut-tutting and the ridiculous sci-fi sex romp stuff, how far Mike Carey has fallen, etc, and I wonder if any of them have ever heard of the source, or the movie at least.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone read Barbarella?
I saw it summed up on another forum with everyone there tut-tutting and the ridiculous sci-fi sex romp stuff, how far Mike Carey has fallen, etc, and I wonder if any of them have ever heard of the source, or the movie at least.

Can't be worse than his Red Sonja comic.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Starsnostars posted:

Did anyone pick up Paradiso this week? I was tempted to give it a try but ultimately decided against it and was wondering if I'd missed out.

I thought it owned. Really good art, and I love body horror and transhuman stuff, so I'm on board this train.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aftershock hardcover anthology 'SHOCK' with everyone on the Aftershock roster (not checking if that's true) plus lil' ol' Neil Gaiman.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/12/aftershock-launches-new-anthology-comic-shock-neil-gaiman-marc-guggenheim-jim-starlin-charles-vess/

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Aftershock hardcover anthology 'SHOCK' with everyone on the Aftershock roster (not checking if that's true) plus lil' ol' Neil Gaiman.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/12/aftershock-launches-new-anthology-comic-shock-neil-gaiman-marc-guggenheim-jim-starlin-charles-vess/

I was really disappointed by their decision to not release the Eleanor & The Egret trade as a hardcover, but this makes up for it! :stoked:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uber Invasion/comixology problems continue this week with #10 not being released again?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wic Div xmas special is very NWS

:dong:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

Uber Invasion/comixology problems continue this week with #10 not being released again?!

I bought it directly from Avatar Press a week ago.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah with this going on several months in a row I'll just buy direct. :| Messes up if I want to track it all on Comixology though.

Also oh dear. Getting their hands on the zephyr corpses. Thats... super not good.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone read Barbarella?

I read it and thought it was enjoyable, I’ll trade wait, and maybe even wait for a sale to get it though, it definitely had a bit of the sexual revolution / women’s liberation vibe to it with the villains being an oppressive religious regime.

NB: I’m someone who also enjoys the likes of a Red Sonja and Vampirella for what it’s worth.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 15, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

NB: I’m someone who also enjoys the likes of a Red Sonja and Vampirella for what it’s worth.

MIke Carey wrote the "rape gives you power" story in Red Sonja which thankfully was noped out of existence by Simone.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Simone’s Red Sonja is the one I’ve read.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
is uber 10 out? i see different release dates here and there and it seems someone talked about it above, but the places that sell digital versions don't have it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It came out physical and should be out digital next week in the normal places.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Physical is out. Digital is out from avatar press but comiXology isnt?!?!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I've been reading Crossed+100 and it's a bummer reading the Simon Spurrier stuff that follows on from the Moore miniseries. Moore's human, heartfelt take on Ennis' stupid universe instantly becomes tarnished by workaday genre writing and characters acting like conflict generators rather than people.

Also the art got much worse so it's a double whammy. Moore's original six issues were really, surprisingly good though and I'd recommend them to anyone who was turned off by the Crossed brand.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Android Blues posted:

I've been reading Crossed+100 and it's a bummer reading the Simon Spurrier stuff that follows on from the Moore miniseries. Moore's human, heartfelt take on Ennis' stupid universe instantly becomes tarnished by workaday genre writing and characters acting like conflict generators rather than people.

Also the art got much worse so it's a double whammy. Moore's original six issues were really, surprisingly good though and I'd recommend them to anyone who was turned off by the Crossed brand.

Yeah, I only ever read the original Crossed miniseries, but decided to give +100 a try on the basis of Moore, and was not disappointed with his use of the setting. I think he started it around the same time as Providence, which was the opposite in that it only got stronger towards the end.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, I only ever read the original Crossed miniseries, but decided to give +100 a try on the basis of Moore, and was not disappointed with his use of the setting. I think he started it around the same time as Providence, which was the opposite in that it only got stronger towards the end.

I might check Providence out then! The strength of those first six issues of Crossed+100 has given me a lot of faith and interest in Moore as a modern writer.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is anyone familiar with Insight Comics or writer Steve Horton? I've never heard of either, but I am so down for a David Bowie graphic novel with art by Mike and Laura Allred:
https://www.newsarama.com/37829-allreds-drawing-david-bowie-title.html

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's certainly an upgrade from Bluewater Comics.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Android Blues posted:

I might check Providence out then! The strength of those first six issues of Crossed+100 has given me a lot of faith and interest in Moore as a modern writer.

Providence is when Moore sets out to do lovecraftian horror.

Issue #12 ties back to the prequel series Neonomicon.

I read them and... enjoy is the wrong word. Appreciate very much? But I was not prepared for the amount of sexual violence in them because I just brush past most warnings of the sort. In this case, the warnings should be heeded.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Looks like Copperhead is limping to a conclusion next month.

I've really enjoyed Black Hammer so far, if I haven't mentioned previously, and the Sherlock Frankenstein tie-in is a lot of fun with interesting world-building and great art by David Rubin.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Looks like Copperhead is limping to a conclusion next month.

The series is ending, or just this story arc?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

The series is ending, or just this story arc?

I interpreted "to be concluded" at the end of the current issue as series ending, but you're right, it might just be the arc. Image website doesn't list anything after the next issue though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Oh poo poo, I didn't even remotely see the end of the latest BPRD coming.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even remotely see the end of the latest BPRD coming.
Neither did I, and I wonder when the next issue is coming out. Wonder if the delay has something to do with need for a new co-writer that is less bitey

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Not sure whether it should belong here or in the DC thread now, but in my Christmas break quest to clear some backlog I'm reading planetary and I'm really enjoying it

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is anyone else reading extremity or black hammer? If you haven't heard of them, they're very good. They're both really heavy though. Like, they go to Dark Places so be prepared. But it is a very enjoyable read. Currently halfway through the first volume of black hammer and read the first volume of extremity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Up to date with black hammer and enjoying it a lot. Initially it gave me weird deja vu, like I feel like I've read a comic or comics with similar concepts before (seems like something Grant Morrison might do)...quality series

site posted:

Not sure whether it should belong here or in the DC thread now, but in my Christmas break quest to clear some backlog I'm reading planetary and I'm really enjoying it
Definitely one of my all time faves, it's got my favorite version of the fantastic four for sure. It's always been one of those impossible things I'd love to get an HBO adaptation somehow