Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Dihk and I are gonna do a goongame™ at ADEPTICON this year - I'm also doing AoS and 40k stuff, in case we wanted to have a GoonMeet™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Artum posted:

Not bloodletters. 0/10.

You don't use cornflakes for bloodletters, duh

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Good lord dark lances hurt.

I still won on objectives but the other side having like 20 ap4 d6 damage guns when you you're a bunch of 2 wound dudes without invulnerable saves hurts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Good lord dark lances hurt.

I still won on objectives but the other side having like 20 ap4 d6 damage guns when you you're a bunch of 2 wound dudes without invulnerable saves hurts.

That's... a lot of Dark Lances.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. Yes it is.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Texmo posted:

You don't use cornflakes for bloodletters, duh

Is there anything that isn't made better with googly-eyes?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ilor posted:

Is there anything that isn't made better with googly-eyes?

Goatse

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

The wrongest post you've ever made in this thread.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You cannot modify what is already perfect without degrading its essence

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

muggins posted:

Dihk and I are gonna do a goongame™ at ADEPTICON this year - I'm also doing AoS and 40k stuff, in case we wanted to have a GoonMeet™

Yeah, I think I'm free every evening and I don't have anything scheduled for Friday.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
For deep strike / reserve rules, is the half mentioned body count, point value or number of units?

I have a particularly stupid Jormungandr list that involves deep striking a unit of devilgaunts with Raveners and a Broodlord and genestealers with a Trygon Prime, but I need to know that.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Natural 20 posted:

For deep strike / reserve rules, is the half mentioned body count, point value or number of units?

I have a particularly stupid Jormungandr list that involves deep striking a unit of devilgaunts with Raveners and a Broodlord and genestealers with a Trygon Prime, but I need to know that.

Number of units

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
These are pretty cool tbh

https://hexy-shop.com/product-category/accessories/markers-tokens/

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Natural 20 posted:

Am I a total partypooper by pointing out Raveners don't allow other units to deepstrike with them like Trygons do?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Probably gonna get some.

Also, enjoyed the names

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Am I a total partypooper by pointing out Raveners don't allow other units to deepstrike with them like Trygons do?

Fairly sure jormungandr has a stratagem for exactly that.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Battle Report: LRs are very very good now.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Work in progress. Lots to touch up yet.

This is also the first and last time I prime in Retributor Armour unless the model is 90% gold. Its much easier for me to do the base color (blue, in this case), and then do the trim and baubles.

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 21, 2017

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
:frogsiren: ACHTUNG BADBOYS AND FUCCBOIS :frogsiren:

Why don't y'all with families start sharing your stories of your kiddos and how they interact with you re: the hobby? These have been a refreshing change of pace from Juice Dad, which depresses the poo poo out of me every time I recall it. If I can make a request, I'd like to see SRM and Sex Cannon talk up all the tales of "my 8-year-old calls my Ork Warboss Mr. GreenScream" and such on the 'cast.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Juice dad is a family joke since I told my wife about him.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So I was flipping through the new DA codex is it just me or is there a giant flashing "FALLEN CODEX INCOMING" sign plastered in the timeline section?

I'm sure someone else mentioned this but I was away for a while and skipped a ton of posts

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

Land Raiders or Leman Russes?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Since my Chapter is the "Regal Skulls" I figured it would only be appropriate if the Ancient carried around a giant skull instead of a banner. So I whipped up something quick as a proportion test.

Awesome? Absurd? Absurdly Awesome?

The tentative plan is to use the 25th Anniversary Veteran Sergeant since he deserves to be more than just a common soldier (and seriously who doesn't give their Sergeant a power sword and grenade launcher), and probably apply a cross-piece and some chains to make the thing suitable ornate and skull-covered.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Technowolf posted:

Russes, he's a Guard player.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

:frogsiren: ACHTUNG BADBOYS AND FUCCBOIS :frogsiren:

Why don't y'all with families start sharing your stories of your kiddos and how they interact with you re: the hobby? These have been a refreshing change of pace from Juice Dad, which depresses the poo poo out of me every time I recall it. If I can make a request, I'd like to see SRM and Sex Cannon talk up all the tales of "my 8-year-old calls my Ork Warboss Mr. GreenScream" and such on the 'cast.

My 10-year old read through the Getting Started magazine that came with the single Intercessor. I asked him if he liked the sound of any of the armies in there and he told me he thinks he would just collect models that he thought were cool regardless of faction and just play with those.

He's <sob> an Open Play player... I've failed him.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Since my Chapter is the "Regal Skulls" I figured it would only be appropriate if the Ancient carried around a giant skull instead of a banner. So I whipped up something quick as a proportion test.

Awesome? Absurd? Absurdly Awesome?

The tentative plan is to use the 25th Anniversary Veteran Sergeant since he deserves to be more than just a common soldier (and seriously who doesn't give their Sergeant a power sword and grenade launcher), and probably apply a cross-piece and some chains to make the thing suitable ornate and skull-covered.

Absurd and also awesome

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Two Beans posted:

This is also the first and last time I prime in Retributor Armour unless the model is 90% gold. Its much easier for me to do the base color (blue, in this case), and then do the trim and baubles.

Yeah; the 1k sons terminators are mostly gold so its good to prime in Retributor, but the basic Rubrics are more teal than gold so yeah, start them in blue.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

I've been gravitating more and more to regular Russes over any of the variants as I play more games with the codex. I like one Demolisher to hit those really hefty vehicles but the regular battle cannon is just a great all arounder.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Cross-post from painting thread.

Stephenls posted:

Birbman #2 is coming along better than birbman #1 did. I'm pretty sure once I'm done the last Easy-to-Build Intercessor, I'll have a recipe I'm confident enough in that I can start batch-painting the Dark Imperium guys.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Soviet Commubot posted:

I've been gravitating more and more to regular Russes over any of the variants as I play more games with the codex. I like one Demolisher to hit those really hefty vehicles but the regular battle cannon is just a great all arounder.

I just fielded a fully plasma'd out Pask, a battle cannon tank commander, 2 battle cannon LRs and a demolisher LR. The Cadian regimental buff along with the Cadian tank order is crazy good. It's ridiculous how much better the standard Russ is at cracking vehicles compared to 7th ed.

Russes just feel good as hell on the table right now. Exactly how you would want a big fuckoff tank to play. I just hope they don't turn out to be too strong.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Technowolf posted:

Plasma Pask dealt 14 damage to my opponent's Land Raider on turn one.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Soviet Commubot posted:

A Pask Punisher is really funny too if someone foolishly puts infantry anywhere near it.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

I just fielded a fully plasma'd out Pask, a battle cannon tank commander, 2 battle cannon LRs and a demolisher LR. The Cadian regimental buff along with the Cadian tank order is crazy good. It's ridiculous how much better the standard Russ is at cracking vehicles compared to 7th ed.

Russes just feel good as hell on the table right now. Exactly how you would want a big fuckoff tank to play. I just hope they don't turn out to be too strong.

I run 7 Russes of various types (since that's how many Russ hulls I have lying around) and about 100 infantry and I haven't found much that's capable of getting through the screen of infantry and killing enough Russes quickly enough to matter. I'm getting a rather hefty raise next year so I'm considering picking up a few more Russes and running just a straight up armored company with no infantry.

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks for the tips and encouragement last page. I agree those little blue lads need some more contrast and a dash more color, they're tiny little mans viewed by giants after all.

I'll keep working on 'em and see what I can do.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I mean who needs stratagems, warlord traits, reroll auras or even unit synergy when you have one of the better anti-vehicle weapons in the game as the basic gun on almost all of your vehicles?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Jormungandr has a stratagem that lets any burrowing unit act as a Trygon, except for general infantry rather than just troops.

It lets a Trygon bring in two units!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Got around to photographing some of the units I've finished lately.

Savlar Chem dogs as a veteran unit for my Armageddon Army

Armageddon Basilisk

A Scout sentinel with a converted pilot

A Commissar

an objective marker!

And now that you can have a Commissar driven Leman Russ as a stratagem in the Guard Codex, I wanted to model one up. for when I use it.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Yeast posted:

And now that you can have a Commissar driven Leman Russ as a stratagem in the Guard Codex, I wanted to model one up. for when I use it.

DRIVE ME CLOSER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

You know you have too many toys when you think "for this Apocalypse game I'll take all my Marines, Guard and Ad Mech together!" and you run out of PL to use before you've included more than 1/5th of the Marines you own.