Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

CHOCULA GET IN HERE

Santa not holding a bottle of water or wearing a bike helm. 0/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Sounds odd I mean all Newman did was the same thing as all the other LNP leaders. Sell assets and take rural Queenslanders for granted.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’ve spent the better part of a day visualising survey results through what I can only describe as Venngore

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Sounds odd I mean all Newman did was the same thing as all the other LNP leaders. Sell assets and take rural Queenslanders for granted.

Ani "Newman did nothing wrong" Dav

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I feel like this thread uses a lot of energy denigrating me, an ally and friend, rather than refuting the arguments of people they actually oppose.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I feel like this thread uses a lot of energy denigrating me, an ally and friend, rather than refuting the arguments of people they actually oppose.

¿por que no los dos?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

tithin posted:

Ani "Newman did nothing wrong" Dav

BY LNP standards he was following their policies to a tee so I don't see why they would kick him out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

private school silver tongue golf playing Labor fukkboi wonders why the proletariat doesn't like him, news at 11.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol the proletariat.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
" the proletariat is the social class that does not have ownership of the means of production and whose only means of subsistence is to sell their labor power for a wage or salary. "

I mean, that definitely describes me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Lol the proletariat.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I am a prole AMA

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Literally the only place I could find a link to the Triple M Ozzest 100 was on Brigg's tweet.

Nothing on their site, nothing on their twitter or facebooks.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Lol the proletariat.

Unwashed masses then?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That Christmas Bus looks rad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

" the proletariat is the social class that does not have ownership of the means of production and whose only means of subsistence is to sell their labor power for a wage or salary. "

I mean, that definitely describes me

:same:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Unwashed masses then?

I prefer the less antagonistic "seething" for my masses.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Goffer posted:

Literally the only place I could find a link to the Triple M Ozzest 100 was on Brigg's tweet.

Nothing on their site, nothing on their twitter or facebooks.

they just write it on the side of a footy and chuck it into the window of vehicles driven by dudes in hivis shirts like the rest of their marketing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

I debate here too and take non-standard positions but the difference is your posts are contrarian by nature by solely taking the position of "if i was one of Howards Battlers what would my view be" which isn't a position for allies but seems to milquetoast debating tactics ala IWC.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Lid posted:

I debate here too and take non-standard positions but the difference is your posts are contrarian by nature by solely taking the position of "if i was one of Howards Battlers what would my view be" which isn't a position for allies but seems to milquetoast debating tactics ala IWC.

That's basically concern trolling.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/turnbullmalcolm/status/943401927177465856

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

lady flo is what I call my period

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lid posted:

I'm not debating anyone. I'm just stating plainly the differing views out there and this thread's first option is to demonise and score big red ticks rather than respond with something constructive regarding what I consider to be insulated family types that operate at a political surface level. These aren't just nuffie LNP rusted ons, they're all over the shop.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

I'm not debating anyone. I'm just stating plainly the differing views out there and this thread's first option is to demonise and score big red ticks rather than respond with something constructive regarding what I consider to be insulated family types that operate at a political surface level. These aren't just nuffie LNP rusted ons, they're all over the shop.
You act like we don't know these views exist, we do. Just because shithead Australians hold those views doesn't actually make them good or desirable to pursue.

Unless you only care about getting votes to hold power and are happy with the status quo, which you seem to be all about.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've stated many times I'm issues based and don't think this political system benefits anyone but the rich.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also I find these views interesting when they're totally counter to people's self interest or professed ideology. I never ram them into people like this is right or wrong.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Incident near flinders street in melbourne between Elizabeth and Swanston with a car running into people? Could be just something small but hopefully everyone is ok :/

Edit: https://twitter.com/victoriapolice/status/943723302060617729

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That’s a scramble intersection (pedestrians cross all directions at once) so it’s chaos at the best of times

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

That’s a scramble intersection (pedestrians cross all directions at once) so it’s chaos at the best of times

I'm pretty sure they were talking of blocking it off recently. Making that first block of Elizabeth an urban park thing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gently caress was the car a lancer with no hubcaps? There was one tearing around near Queen Vic at 10am and it looked more madman than cool burnout. Rage driving.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

JBP posted:

gently caress was the car a lancer with no hubcaps? There was one tearing around near Queen Vic at 10am and it looked more madman than cool burnout. Rage driving.

Some sort of white 4wd

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Solemn Sloth posted:

This time of day it'd be crowded as gently caress too, then add in this time of year and just, gently caress.

EoinCannon posted:

I'm pretty sure they were talking of blocking it off recently. Making that first block of Elizabeth an urban park thing
That's the plan, but it's not so much for safety as it is to kill off the night time food places there so everyone who hangs out in the area moves on. I.e Melb City Council just wants homeless people to not be visible.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Looks like it was a white SUV, finally an excuse to wage pogrom on toorak and Brighton

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/RyanNorthover/status/943720511074287616
White 4WD assuming this pic isn't bullshit. Looks like it's hit a pole or something, front of the car is smashed up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Don Dongington posted:

That's basically concern trolling.

Don't forget the followup sealioning :eng101:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That is a lot of people on the ground, jesus christ

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Some oval office has run over a bunch of people at the Ezliabeth st exit of Flinders St station. 12 heading to hospital, 1 critical.

Seems intentional according to people on twitter, he was driving fast.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newschannel/

edit: should have hit post 10 mins ago.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

drunkill posted:

Some oval office has run over a bunch of people at the Ezliabeth st exit of Flinders St station. 12 heading to hospital, 1 critical.

Seems intentional according to people on twitter, he was driving fast.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newschannel/

edit: should have hit post 10 mins ago.

Police have arrested the guy what did it, but nothing out as to if it's terrorism.

Don't take twitter at face value re terrorism related stuff

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sure, I'm just saying it wasn't someone who ran a red. It doesn't seem like someone who was having a stroke and floored it either, given they arrested the driver and didn't put him in an ambulance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This would never had happened if the pedestrians had guns.

• Locked thread