Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

An open world Pokemon game could be pretty fun. I definitely think it should take notes from Xenoblade. Pokemon spawn on the overworld and you can run away, or get caught in a battle if they get too close. Have the odd higher level Pokemon pop up in an area, but make the, easy to avoid. As you level up, higher level Pokemon will spawn. Have an item you can use to respawn lower level Pokemon for a while if you need, or maybe they'll still spawn, but they won't chase you.

The best feature would be adding in a whole bunch of rideable Pokemon. Rapidash, Arcanine, etc... Sometimes I just ride my Mudsdale around because I wanna ride on a big pony. Following Pokemon should also make a comeback if they go open world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dienes posted:

I bred an alolan Muk with minimize, gunk shot, shadow sneak, and something else i cant remember. Maybe protect? It seems to cheese the battle royale hard - single handedly brought me to master rank without a single loss.
Yeah, none of my pokemon I've already trained are much use, because they're either sweepers or their gimmick is too narrow. You don't want a total wall because then you can't time things right and faint other pokemon for points, but being too fast and knocking down the competition seems to leave you vulnerable in other ways. I want that idol-style, dangit!

EDIT: I wonder if I could make a Mega Audino work.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 21, 2017

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Yo. I'm sitting on an ever growing pile of wonder trade shinies right now and I kinda need to unload. Any of you guys interested in a couple? All I can think that I want in return is a hidden ability ducklett maybe a moon ball golett. Other than that just throw whatever you want to get rid of at me.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Yo. I'm sitting on an ever growing pile of wonder trade shinies right now and I kinda need to unload. Any of you guys interested in a couple? All I can think that I want in return is a hidden ability ducklett maybe a moon ball golett. Other than that just throw whatever you want to get rid of at me.
What do you have? Interested in a Phione?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Flopsy posted:

*Obi-Wan Kenobi voice* Ducklett... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

He's a cutie, but drat, other than 'lol swanna looks like carl from athf' it feels like he rarely appears in the games, let alone in conversations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

What do you have? Interested in a Phione?

If you feel like it. I mean I'll take a wurmple or a caterpie too. Edit: Oh and maybe a kartana but just to finish my pokedex. You can have em' back.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

*Obi-Wan Kenobi voice* Ducklett... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

He's a cutie, but drat, other than 'lol swanna looks like carl from athf' it feels like he rarely appears in the games, let alone in conversations.

I'm finishing up my pokedex and I'm like 80% there. I'd like to breed a good one tho. Just needs hidden ability everything else stats etc. don't matter.

Here's a list of what I got feel free to take your pick.

Delibird called Mrs. Claus: I'm tempted to keep her cuz' she's adorable. But for the golett or the ducklett I'll give her up.

Miltank called Whitney

Machamp in a love ball

Wimpod

Exeggcute with a weird name like a url

Bidoof called Paul

Crustle

Standard Sandslash called Ruby

Nidoran w/ hidden ability in heavy ball

Shiny Gible 6 IV

Panpour w/ pokerus same weird name as Exeggcute

Krookodile

Carracosta called turtle Soup

Lickitung called Mocha

Stantler called Chartreuse

Sandile 5 IV

Elgyem

2 Swalot

Staravia

Dodrio

Xerneas would like something nice for this one just because they're hard to come by.

and a Linoone.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 21, 2017

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

If you feel like it. I mean I'll take a wurmple or a caterpie too. Edit: Oh and maybe a kartana but just to finish my pokedex. You can have em' back.

I'm finishing up my pokedex and I'm like 80% there. I'd like to breed a good one tho. Just needs hidden ability everything else stats etc. don't matter.

Here's a list of what I got feel free to take your pick.

Delibird called Mrs. Claus: I'm tempted to keep her cuz' she's adorable. But for the golett or the ducklett I'll give her up.

Miltank called Whitney

Machamp in a love ball

Wimpod

Exeggcute with a weird name like a url

Bidoof called Paul

Crustle

Standard Sandslash called Ruby

Nidoran w/ hidden ability in heavy ball

Shiny Gible 6 IV

Panpour w/ pokerus same weird name as Exeggcute

Krookodile

Carracosta called turtle Soup

Lickitung called Mocha

Stantler called Chartreuse

Sandile 5 IV

Elgyem

2 Swalot

Staravia

Dodrio

Xerneas would like something nice for this one just because they're hard to come by.

and a Linoone.
I'd take the Elgyem. I wanna make an alien-based team sometime. FC is 5472-7437-2947, Trainer is Mars. Gimme about 10 minutes?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

That's fine. I bred him myself so I'm glad he'll go to a good home. :) my FC is 5129-5306-3661. Send a message on here when you're ready to go I'll be on standby till then. Oh! My IGN is Kane. What's yours so I know when you're contacting me?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

That's fine. I bred him myself so I'm glad he'll go to a good home. :) my FC is 5129-5306-3661. Send a message on here when you're ready to go I'll be on standby till then.
Oh, if you bred him yourself could you nickname him Roswell?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Oh, if you bred him yourself could you nickname him Roswell?

Unfortunately I bred him in Sapphire so i can't change it. His name's Mordin tho. Ironically I have a shiny female one named exactly that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Unfortunately I bred him in Sapphire so i can't change it. His name's Mordin tho. Ironically I have a shiny female one named exactly that.
Mordin's a good name! I'm ready.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Okay! I'm logging on now. What's your IGN name so I can find you?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Okay! I'm logging on now. What's your IGN name so I can find you?
Alright! My IGN is Mars.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

There you go! Take good care of him! XD

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Will do! I really love Elgyem's evolutionary family. One of the top pokemon designs imo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I love all the alien-like pokemon. Deoxys is my special baby tho.

http://savagepassion.tumblr.com/post/167160368777/hobermen-curiosity

http://savagepassion.tumblr.com/post/168179620357/hobermen-my-deoxys-pieces-are-now-available-as

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yes, agreed! And I've been loving the ultra beasts for similar reasons. I was really excited when ORAS made Deoxys more widely available, mine is name Celadon.

I feel like you could make a pretty good team based around retro futurism with Elgyem/Beheeyem as the 'starter', but idk how compititively viable it'd be. Who cares? In-game team and competitive team can be totally different. Beheeyem, Magnezone, Starmie, Porygon-Z*, Araquanid, and Deoxys would probably be what I'd go for.

Not sure if Porygon2 or Porygon-Z fit the aesthetic better, but I think they both count. Porygon is probably the most retrofuturistic, though. I'd love to get a Genesect on there but I don't have one. Illumise definitely fits the aesthetic but doesn't have enough utility to nudge out one of the others. Malamar could also be a contender.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Was Deoxys the original Ultra Beast since it's from another world?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I made a pic for my brother to celebrate Christmas

rlloyd3 posted:

Was Deoxys the original Ultra Beast since it's from another world?

UBs have to come from another dimension so I don't think Deoxys counts. Its not the only Pokemon with celestial origins anyways.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Internet Kraken posted:

UBs have to come from another dimension so I don't think Deoxys counts. Its not the only Pokemon with celestial origins anyways.
Yeah Clefairy is an alien and Elgyem and Beheeyem are strongly implied to be given their sudden appearance. Given the animism that underlies the setting though maybe people just thought about aliens hard enough to shape Elgyem and Beheeyem. Like uuuuh... Voltorb and Klink also suddenly appeared, so there's a basis for that.

Weirdly I think that would make the original UB Unown.

Sweet picture, by the way!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Giratina probably should count as an Ultra Beast since the Distortion World is incredibly similar the Ultra Wormhole phenomenon.

You might also be able to make an argument for Palkia/Dialga/Arceus under that logic as well. And Porygon-Z was modified specifically to explore other dimensions and got twisted by them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Yes, agreed! And I've been loving the ultra beasts for similar reasons. I was really excited when ORAS made Deoxys more widely available, mine is name Celadon.

I feel like you could make a pretty good team based around retro futurism with Elgyem/Beheeyem as the 'starter', but idk how compititively viable it'd be. Who cares? In-game team and competitive team can be totally different. Beheeyem, Magnezone, Starmie, Porygon-Z*, Araquanid, and Deoxys would probably be what I'd go for.

Not sure if Porygon2 or Porygon-Z fit the aesthetic better, but I think they both count. Porygon is probably the most retrofuturistic, though. I'd love to get a Genesect on there but I don't have one. Illumise definitely fits the aesthetic but doesn't have enough utility to nudge out one of the others. Malamar could also be a contender.

Oh my god I've made almost that exact team. I started adding UB's in since they're pretty alien themselves. Celesteela makes an awesome rocket ship.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PetraCore posted:

porygon is extremely retro-future, it looks like it could be a ff7 model

it is also one of my favorite designs nowadays specifically for how outdated it looks

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Internet Kraken posted:

I made a pic for my brother to celebrate Christmas

That’s wonderful :allears:

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
So, I'm a bit late to the party having just got UM for early holiday nonsense, but I picked up an Araquanid to run with though the story and holy crap you guys weren't lying when you were saying he's a beast through the storyline. This horrible spider monster is quickly becoming a new favourite, and I probably wouldn't have looked at him twice if it weren't for this thread. I really like being surprised by mons that I didn't expect to be.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is a Bronzong named Inflammable a hilarious idea, or am i just TOO stoned?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ignite Memories posted:

Is a Bronzong named Inflammable a hilarious idea, or am i just TOO stoned?

You mean Inflammabell right? Either way it’s the latter.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I played sun but have decided to get Ultra Sun mostly because of Heatran and Groudon. Advice on finally getting a Celesteela with a not garbage nature?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ogmius815 posted:

I played sun but have decided to get Ultra Sun mostly because of Heatran and Groudon. Advice on finally getting a Celesteela with a not garbage nature?

Celesteela is in (Ultra) Moon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/943893546440019969

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

good seal

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Alxprit posted:

Celesteela is in (Ultra) Moon.

Yes. That's why I need advice. The ones on the GTS are all poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Careful or Impish are good. Also Relaxed. You want things that will emphasize her defenses. Although Cele has an enormous amount of utility there's a lot of things to do with her besides tank. I got super lucky during my run and caught a careful Celesteela, a naive Pheromosa, and a modest Nihilego. Timid would've been better but I'll take it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm glad Primarina is working on new material for her act, it's important to stay creative, but I wouldn't recommend using this bit as an opener.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

"Eesalright?"

"Eesalright"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I want a Mew. how do I get one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

indigi posted:

I want a Mew. how do I get one

hack your 3DS, do the mew trick on virtual console RBY (with some extra parameters for bank to consider it legal), wait for a Mew event to come around, or trade with someone who has done one of those things

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gently caress. idrk what virtual console is, when does a Mew event happen I guess

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I heard you could use one of the arbitrary code glitches in VC Red or Blue to make a mew that would get through poke transporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Try the GTS. Not searching for Mew, you'll find the shittiest trades, send a rare Pokemon yourself, you'll get a hacked Mew.