Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 24, 2014

Wow, the inner-thought system is terrible. I thought you guys were exaggerating. Why is the voice over for the "thought" so robotic? Why are the "thoughts" actions/dialogue instead of thoughts?

Seriously, put an audio filter over the voice work to make it more like an internal monologue, and change the options to something like "Wow, It's THE 'Oldman'", and "Ugh, what an idiot". And it could actually be pretty cool.

Derek, just wait until 3pm. Give people something to read for the ~30 minutes until the stream starts.

Sindai posted:

There's something seriously wrong with that hair. It looks like it's dyed matte gray.
Yeah, visually I don't think that "teaser" is too bad (ignoring the fact these games are supposed to change the industry, $150 million, etc.), but the hair is just super bad. Like it's believable that it's holding character customisation back bad.

Edit:

226 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

226 posted:

Wow, the inner-thought system is terrible. I thought you guys were exaggerating. Why is the voice over for the "thought" so robotic? Why are the "thoughts" actions/dialogue instead of thoughts?

Seriously, put an audio filter over the voice work to make it more like an internal monologue, and change the options to something like "Wow, It's THE 'Oldman'", and "Ugh, what an idiot". And it could actually be pretty cool.

I only saw the teaser. Do we have any more examples? It does seem terrible, but then again I'm not a fan of this mechanic anywhere that's implemented. I last saw this on Dreamfall Chapters (a crowdfunded point and click adventure game that had its share of problems and bad design choices) where arguably it was better implemented but still largely redundant and sometimes even confusing.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Tanks

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Moons

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:gary:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlCB8nAe1Wc&t=119s :yarg:
elevator action the most thrilling thing in the video

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQTcf2bnRhY
https://youtu.be/z1kHdkdqIPc?t=111
https://youtu.be/Whha_4PTUZA?t=188

Is IGN secretly listing the most anticipated cancellations and failures?
I mean look at the other games in those lists. ME: andromeda, scalebound,NMS .
While things like BOTW and horizon zero dawn, shadow of war are completely missing out of those lists and those have been the most notable releases of this year.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nq0n_ubzMU&t=281s

:gary:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

My dream is to be the guy in the 'verse tasked with polishing Mark "Oldman-not-gary-oldman" Hamill's guns with what looks like a kitchen sponge.

There's nothing suggestive about this at all get your mind out of the gutter.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

loving nutballs

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

FailureToReport posted:

Here's a picture of my dog.

For a Catte in 3/4 mode, she looks happy as ..... is it the :birddrugs: ?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hope we get a follow-up scene where Mark realises he actually does need to know your name for the purposes of issuing commands in combat and there's an awkward radio conversation where he tries to pretend like he's not trying to find out.

Well done Chris Roberts you managed to hire a universally beloved actor known for starring in the biggest movie franchise in existence and written him as an unlikeable and reckless douchebag. You useless loving hack.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 21, 2017

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr.Tophat posted:

:wotwot:

I am going to save this video like a fine wine and watch it when I return home today

'Everything you pledged for? Is wrong."

"Rommel, you magnificent Bastard, I Archer'd your book!"

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hope we get a follow-up scene where Mark realises he actually does need to know your name for the purposes of issuing commands in combat and there's an awkward radio conversation where he tries to pretend like he's not trying to find out.

Well done Chris Roberts you managed to hire a universally beloved actor known for starring in the biggest movie franchise in existence and written him as an unlikeable and reckless douchebag. You useless loving hack.

He doesn't use words to give commands. Someone might be listening in. Instead there'll be a furious waving of holo-hands.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Star Citizen now selling Tanks

http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/20/star-citizen-has-put-out-yet-another-concept-ship-and-its-not-a-ship-its-a-tank/

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

This is my new favorite sc streamer

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
can we start up a bookie betting on what they will sell next?

I say they will sell sexbots ala the weird rabbit guy with the crossbow

someone post it for posterity

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Now they just need swords and we can live out the dream. Plebs will be queueing up for the honor of being our tank drivers.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mne nravitsya posted:

A song honor of the Christmas Event

Crashing through the show
In a build no-one can play
O'er the moon we go
(Goons) Laughing all the way

Alarm bells start to ring
Derek Smart was right
What fun it is to watch this poo poo
It's the E.L.E tonight

(Oh) Jingle Bells, Lesnick smells
Crytek seized the day
The Crob-Mobile lost it's wheels
And the law firms are in play

(Oh) Jingle Bells, Tanks won't sell
Chris lost his toupee
The Coutts are mad, the game is bad
And the cultists blame SA

Holy poo poo

:five:

Nov 24, 2014

AbstractNapper posted:

I only saw the teaser. Do we have any more examples? It does seem terrible, but then again I'm not a fan of this mechanic anywhere that's implemented. I last saw this on Dreamfall Chapters (a crowdfunded point and click adventure game that had its share of problems and bad design choices) where arguably it was better implemented but still largely redundant and sometimes even confusing.
I was only looking at the teaser, I'll probably be eating my words when I see the livestream.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

Get Ken Burns to do a documentary. Working Title: "The Dumbest Thumb in the Room"

The Ken Burns pan over AdzAdama portfolio would be glorious.

Star Citizen - The Dumbest Thumb on Hand

Beet Wagon posted:

this is my official affadavit stating that Crytek in no way influenced my making of stupid photoshops for the Star Citizen thread and Derek Smart has explicit permission to use any and all images, videos, and text I have posted to any and all Star Citizen threads on noted dead gay comedy forums website www dot somethingawful dot com

hah, take that lawyers :smuggo:

This is my official affidavit stating that if this goes to trial and Skadden wants a non-German non-auditor amateur goon someone there to constantly look like I'm going to fall over laughing whenever CIG tries to defend themselves, I would be available assuming travel, lodging and other expenses were paid for by CryTek and/or Skadden :smuggo:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mkF4vkE.mp4

It's totally new technology, guys.

That flashlight tech really is overpowered, isn't it? It can light things up from many miles away and also reveal the silhuette of someone on the other side of an unpowered holographic projector. :science:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FailureToReport posted:

Here's a picture of my dog.

pls give that cat a pat for me :3:

:petdog:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Did they really put Hamill in a knockoff X-wing in that trailer?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

haha those bugeyes! look up and look down right now in front of the mirror,see how your entire eye doesn't move the entirety of your eyelids.

it's like his eyes are completely detached and separate from his face,loving crobblers you HACK!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sandweed posted:

Did they really put Hamill in a knockoff X-wing in that trailer?

Complete with knockoff Rebel flight suit.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why's his mouth open the whole time? If you have a cold or other breathing difficulties you probably should be excused from flying a fighter.

Not shown: the gun-polishing pleb wiping snot off the spaceship controls and cockpit glass.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Alan Smithee posted:

can we start up a bookie betting on what they will sell next?

I say they will sell sexbots ala the weird rabbit guy with the crossbow

someone post it for posterity

no

that would involve making female character models

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cant wait to get back home from work and watch this train wreck thats been prerecorded because those fuckers are never going to do another live demo after what happened in gamescom

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Not shown: the gun-polishing pleb wiping snot off the spaceship controls and cockpit glass.

This caused me to make the weirdest snort-laugh in the history of the world. Mainly due it's convergence with yawning.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

IGN are right to call star citizen a Game to Watch in 2018. it's like the most glorious trainwreck ever. i can't look away.

Note that they didn't call it a Game to Play in 2018.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Oh god i wonder if Oldman will ever be proud of me?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

crisp roberts posted:

Please don't confuse Oldman with Old Man.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

crisp roberts posted:

That depends on whether you can polish his gun until he can see his face in it.

Now, let's rub.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

226 posted:

Yeah, visually I don't think that "teaser" is too bad

Counterpoint: here's a game that actually came out this year. From an indie studio with about 20 devs total.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL2RhY2vJes

Star Citizen is years behind.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
How come Luke skywalkers eyebrows dont move?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dark Off posted:

Is IGN secretly listing the most anticipated cancellations and failures?

The only thing IGN videos should be taken as, is "List of people who gave us money for coverage."

If you're curious to know who's making a marketing push, they're a great source. Just don't take anything they write as truth.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Why does Oldman look like he's had several strokes, yet the UEE won't let him go off active duty?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I know where he got this idea. Crobber watched Star Trek 4 and demanded tanks for the whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

226 posted:

I like the idea of quick scrolling through the responses to simulate true insanity.

Even better if there's a response timer so I can go through the entire game without ever saying anything out loud, just an unending internal mental scream.

When pusher makes her move all you'll be able to do is keep screaming inside your own head.