Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

at least they finally realized he's supposed to have a beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing ARRRR

Spirit of the Staircase

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

If this Mary Worth ends up with Iris getting back together with Wilbur, I will handwrite an angry letter and mail it to the cartoonists.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is lost in the crowd.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
There's NO WAY IN HECK what Wilbur is doing in Mary Worth is intended by the strip to be okay or normal!!! He's gonna get a talking to.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

There's NO WAY IN HECK what Wilbur is doing in Mary Worth is intended by the strip to be okay or normal!!! He's gonna get a talking to.

Mary is gonna bump him off like the last stalker.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I thought the joke was that the guy physically did not fit in the office, since it looks like he only just barely fits between the desk and the door.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

If this Mary Worth ends up with Iris getting back together with Wilbur, I will handwrite an angry letter and mail it to the cartoonists.

I want to believe that the author isn't going to push some incel-grade "stalk your true love and outwit Chad to gain her eternal affection" poo poo because holy gently caress, but at the same time this is a newspaper comic so there's a one in fifty chance of the people involved in creating it not being poo poo.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

I want to believe that the author isn't going to push some incel-grade "stalk your true love and outwit Chad to gain her eternal affection" poo poo because holy gently caress, but at the same time this is a newspaper comic so there's a one in fifty chance of the people involved in creating it not being poo poo.

The best outcome here would be for Wilbur to realize he hosed up, take a look at himself and what he's doing, and start making some changes to better himself, then find someone new.

So, basically, I should start getting that letter ready.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

The best outcome here would be for Wilbur to realize he hosed up, take a look at himself and what he's doing, and start making some changes to better himself, then find someone new.

So, basically, I should start getting that letter ready.

I'm just imagining the people behind Mary Worth opening a stack of letters.

"What the gently caress is Something Awful?"

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

Spirit of the Staircase

I love the way SotS somehow manages to make a balding middle-aged loser adorable.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Congrats on Spidey giving Hulk the Shoryuken.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

I'm just imagining the people behind Mary Worth opening a stack of letters.

"What the gently caress is Something Awful?"

Their comic if they do that.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there a joke besides this guy is big, hairy, and presumably not Anglo Saxon, and therefore is discriminated against at work?

the owner's name sounds like "girdle", so he must hate fat people. it's a bad comic

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

dordreff posted:

the owner's name sounds like "girdle", so he must hate fat people. it's a bad comic
Yeah this was my thought too. Or he's just not wearing a girdle?
This is delightful.

shortspecialbus posted:

I'm in.

F Minus

I only eat pizza on a bagel.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I am thoroughly enjoying Wilbur poorly hiding in the bushes spying on Iris. I just know she knows he's there.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kazinsal posted:

I doubt Wilbur's behavior is gonna be painted as a positive thing, but it's entirely within the realm of possibility that Iris' boyfriend is gonna notice him skulking about and threaten him with Violence and then Iris will break up with him because he resorted to Violence.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 1, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 17, 1930)

Lil' Abner (January 13, 1938)

Barney Google (May 17, 1923)

Alley Oop (August 16, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (August 12, 1935)

Dickie Dare (September 25, 1933)

Bringing Up Father (January 25, 1940)

Krazy Kat (January 24, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (January 25, 1937)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SpacePig posted:

You know, I think this comic is really cute, and I like it a lot, but the humans having the same unbroken green voids for eyes that the cats have is sort of off-putting for some reason.

It's because of those brain parasites they got from the cats.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Mark Trail
Why is King Tut from 60s Batman hanging out with Hank Hill and when did he get in shape and lose an eye?

Kennel posted:

It's because of those brain parasites they got from the cats.

I was gonna say that they're trying to personify the cats, but Toxoplasmosis is a much better explanation!

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 21, 2017

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

SpacePig posted:

I thought the joke was that the guy physically did not fit in the office, since it looks like he only just barely fits between the desk and the door.

This is how I read it too.

The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack is going in a direction that no one wants.

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons BOTH COMIC MAKE CLEAR SENSE TODAY AT LEAST

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

I will absolutely jump aboard this bandwagon. It seems like a proper way to ease myself into old age.

I mean, probably, since they've been dating for ages now. Though clearly not at her place which makes sense since I can imagine that listening to Gunther jerking it through his sobs would be quite the turn off.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
:tinfoil: Ballard Street :tinfoil:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

If you guessed that this lead to someone giving their 'family recipe' for eggnog in the comments, congrats, you're right.

Zippy

Ripley's

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is fit to order.

Working Daze should be so lucky.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix changes carreers.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix changes carreers.

Vampire Hunter, Zombie Slayer has got one hell of a rat tail going on.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Are those Phantom-headed spaceships :captainpop:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake¨

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nancy used to be good, apparently.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 22, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 22, 1996)

Garfield Classic (May 22, 1986)

...and I won't be able to post comics again until next Tuesday, December 26. I'll still be keeping up with the thread, though!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Julet Esqu posted:

I will absolutely jump aboard this bandwagon. It seems like a proper way to ease myself into old age.

Same here. I will absolutely pick up my pen and stationery and mail an angry letter overseas. (The previous sentence was completely unironic.)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

Until Gilchrist took over, yes.

Now it's mostly saccharine patriotism, disingenuous religiosity, musical pseudo-nostalgia, and tits(but in a bad way)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Until Gilchrist took over, yes.

Now it's mostly saccharine patriotism, disingenuous religiosity, musical pseudo-nostalgia, and tits(but in a bad way)

How can tits be bad?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Elvis is a good boy.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Randaconda posted:

Bushmiller-era Nancy is the absolute poo poo, dude actually tried things with his cartooning, which is why Gilchrist's version is so bloody galling.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Mikl posted:

Same here. I will absolutely pick up my pen and stationery and mail an angry letter overseas. (The previous sentence was completely unironic.)

I'll definitely write to the creators of Mary Worth if that fat sandwich gently caress gets back with Iris. And while my stationary is out I'll probably write to a few others too. I'm old now idgaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Cat News or whatever it's called has become one of my favorite comics in this thread. Everything about it is adorable yet not (in my opinion at least) saccharine. Plus I really like kitties.

Also, I've been incredibly slacking on scanning new Moomin. I won't have time for a bit with the holidays, but the thread needs some, so I'll post the other story that I already had scanned up (or saved from a previous thread, I forget.) It's been in the thread before but it's still one of my favorites.

Moomin and the Sea Page 1

Page 2:

• Locked thread