Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pants Donkey posted:

But that wasn't the real answer, not even close
for suits just want larger accounts to boast
The savings for the rest of us were really quite small
and the other poo poo isn't helpful at all
Removing the mandate? No personal exempt?
It treats the poor with so much contempt!
And of course McKee knows this, the upper-class twit
For the whole cartoon 'twas nothing but poo poo
But he'll back Trump and this bill oh so crass
For McKee loves nothing more
than kissing rich rear end.

I appreciate this post.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

VideoGameVet posted:

Magnificent. And sadly accurate.

What's the source?

https://radoxist.deviantart.com/art/Worth-enough-73247873

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kaza42 posted:

Look at the density of that city compared to the surrounding shack collection. Unless this is literally the only city and the rest of the world is covered in those sparse shacks, I think that this image actually has FEWER people screwed over than modern society does

gently caress I'd rather live in the shacks than that hellscape in the background

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this! posted:

What is it with these assholes and cigars?

They derive pleasure from putting cylindrical objects in their mouth and sucking on them.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Possibly a forums first, a political cartoon about a forum member, from an article published today by Russia's Life.ru about me:

Caption - American centre Atlantic Council hired Bellingcat founder for publishing critical articles against Russia
Americans - We here bombed a local village to poo poo a little...
The devastatingly accurate representation of me - I understand. I'm going to invent/photoshop Russian tanks in Ukraine..

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 21, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Brown Moses posted:

The devastatingly accurate representation of me - I understand. I'm going to invent/photoshop Russian tanks in Ukraine..
Literally "draw", though I guess it could refer to either?

Also "well, we kinda hosed up this local village". "Local" is just as out of place in the original text.

Edit - oh yeah. Obviously it's the Americans giving you orders, not the Russians. I'm assuming that was a Freduain slip rather than an outright misunderstanding of everything about the cartoon.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 21, 2017

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I can see how you might think that, but this is actually about a different problem that's distressingly common in Sweden:

Jokes aside. The women running a sham business as a cover being a stay at home wife was something I never thought of before. I have a friend and she's a silver smith while her husband has some fancy management job.

I always saw them as two working parents but her silver smith work was basically just adding trinkets to a string and call it a necklace which she then sold online and last year she made like $900 doing this.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Brown Moses posted:

Possibly a forums first, a political cartoon about a forum member, from an article published today by Russia's Life.ru about me:

Caption - American centre Atlantic Council hired Bellingcat founder for publishing critical articles against Russia
Russians - We here bombed a local village to poo poo a little...

What's with the American flags and uniforms then?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Branco gets me every time. Learn to draw already ya hateful gently caress!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

MissEchelon posted:

Branco gets me every time. Learn to draw already ya hateful gently caress!

If Branco gets to you already, how do you stand Ted Drools or KirSSchen?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I live how furiously they are spinning the "dems don't want you to have money" angle. :ironicat:

Also holy moly Kirschen you loving terrible human being. That cuckoo thing is so wile.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Where's my money rain due? I'm not seeing anything coming my way.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Weird how the money deluge doesn't count as FREE STUFF (<- A Bad Thing)

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Tibalt posted:

Jesus loving Christ what is wrong with this guy?

Okay, to give a little context, "Replacement Theology" Christianity is the belief that Jesus Christ fulfilled and superseded the original covenant with Moses, also known as Supersessionism. It's a super popular view of Christianity at the layman level ("I'm allowed to eat shrimp because all those old rules don't apply, the only rule is that you must believe Jesus is your savior") but is... complicated in a more in-depth theological view because it kinda, sorta implies that all Jews are defying the word of God.

This became even more of an issue after the Holocaust, so most denominations started rolling back Replacement Theology as an official tenant, kind of. The Roman Catholics, for example, moved away from 'hard' Supersessionism to 'soft' supersessionism as part of Vatican II - Jesus is a new, improved expansion of the covenant but not a complete replacement. Christianity is implied to be superior to Judaism, but not innately incompatible. Like everything with Vatican II, there are hardliners who consider this heretical. Most Protestant churches either don't acknowledge it, or have walked it back as well... again, except for the hardliners who think Jews are heretics and tend to be explicitly antisemitic.

So, long story short, this loving rear end in a top hat is tying 1.) Christians who support the Palestinians and 2.) Jews who support human rights to 3.) Antisemitism and the loving HOLOCAUST. What the gently caress is wrong with this guy??

The really goofy part about it is the sects of American Christianity that are hardcore "Christian Zionist" (aka go to Israel to die, Jews) are EXACTLY the ones that are the most openly supersessionist! The same churches that love to talk about how they and the Republicans are "Friends of Israel" are also the ones hosting "Christian Seders" and funding/hosting Jews for Jesus and other "Messianic"/"Completed" orgs. It's the left wing of Christianity that's abandoned supersessionism, and those are the same churches having issues with the behavior of the present Israeli government. So, it's not just his usual gross, it's also stupid and wrong, one more example of Jews getting duped into shacking up with people who still talk about Christ-killing and hunger for the extermination of all Jews as part of their political theology.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Ben didn't draw the angle quite right

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

eh

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Radish posted:

That's not how you hold a picket sign you talentless cretin.

But if you hold it by the stick, then that means you're espousing whatever view is on the sign, doy!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trazz posted:

But if you hold it by the stick, then that means you're espousing whatever view is on the sign, doy!

You caught my mistake that he's handing it over. Branco makes me see red I jumped.

:negative:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Ben didn't draw the angle quite right

I know where that train is going and the passenger cars with no doors confirms it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Katt posted:

What's with the American flags and uniforms then?

Brainfart when I wrote it, I meant Americans.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Brown Moses posted:

Brainfart when I wrote it, I meant Americans.

Still cool!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Brown Moses posted:

Possibly a forums first, a political cartoon about a forum member

Living forums member, anyway. :smith:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

From the automation thread.

I think this one is not a political cartoon, is laughable political propaganda.

Teal posted:

I cannot loving handle this

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

After The War posted:

Living forums member, anyway. :smith:

Branco is a legendary quality piece of poo poo.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I guess there's one where he's drawn as a ghost or something?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

"#TrumpTrain #NoBrakes"

"gently caress you, got mine."

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Brown Moses posted:

I guess there's one where he's drawn as a ghost or something?

Or beam of magical light ascending to heaven. You're probably the first portrayal in an actual political context. Bloodnose appeared in one of the "slice-of-life" installments of a Hong Kong cartoonist when they met at a convention, and the cartoonist's wife used him to show that her husband was paler than an Actual White Person.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

Whatever!!

I like that none of the signs point in the same direction. "Better jobs", "growth", "economic security", choose one.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Brown Moses posted:

Congratulations. You do understand the competition for making your custom av is now white hot.

Meter checks out this is pretty impressive.

"cra cra"?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 21, 2017

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

Oh poo poo, I figured you were just a contributor, but you founded Bellingcat? I don't keep up to date with it but I know you do good work there. I know the site is plagued by Russian shills in the comments, but if they're moving up to political cartoons for public consumption that means...

Honestly I don't know enough about Russia to say if that means they're really scared, or if they just escalate like this whenever there's a persistent threat. Either way, good work being enough of a thorn in their side to get this kind of recognition.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I am inordinately proud of this.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 21, 2017

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

They did another one as well, it's somewhat low effort:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Oh poo poo, I figured you were just a contributor, but you founded Bellingcat? I don't keep up to date with it but I know you do good work there. I know the site is plagued by Russian shills in the comments, but if they're moving up to political cartoons for public consumption that means...

Honestly I don't know enough about Russia to say if that means they're really scared, or if they just escalate like this whenever there's a persistent threat. Either way, good work being enough of a thorn in their side to get this kind of recognition.

The recent stuff is probably a response to what we've done on MH17 recently, IDing one of the people on the intercepted recordings the JIT published as a Russian Colonel General. He threatened to sue us, but I've not had any letters or emails from lawyers. Yet.

Discendo Vox posted:

I am inordinately proud of this.
That's my go to Twitter reply sorted for 2018

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Alhazred posted:

I'm doing them myself.

Very well done. What I was trying to ask I mean, is there a place I can read all of the English translated zelda cartoons?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Okay this is the cutest donkey democrat ive ever seen.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

According to the Guardian:
Trump threatens to cut aid to countries over UN Jerusalem vote

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Are you 5?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MageMage posted:

Very well done. What I was trying to ask I mean, is there a place I can read all of the English translated zelda cartoons?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's pretty funny to see all the usual suspects try to spin Dems opposing the tax bill as some kind of insane act that will prevent the common man from getting more money when it's such an incredibly unpopular bill.

"Ha! You wanted to stop us from doing this thing no one wants! Watch out in 2018!"

• Locked thread