Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is called

"Wreck the Halls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

MikeyTsi posted:

From what I recall they're locked in to it now because they passed the "point of no return" where they could just say "ha-ha, just kidding" and the EU is highly invested in making this as painful as possible as an object lesson to any other member country that might want to think about leaving.

The current government is in that situation, but if May's coalition falls and the Absolute Boy forms a Labour government, they could conceivably find a way to justify scrapping the whole deal as Article 50 as written doesn't say one way or another if the process is reversible/stoppable once begun. You're right of course that regardless, the EU will have Britain over the barrel for pulling this goddamn idiot stunt in the first place.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The current government is in that situation, but if May's coalition falls and the Absolute Boy forms a Labour government, they could conceivably find a way to justify scrapping the whole deal as Article 50 as written doesn't say one way or another if the process is reversible/stoppable once begun. You're right of course that regardless, the EU will have Britain over the barrel for pulling this goddamn idiot stunt in the first place.

Look I don't ask for much, I just want that one Stephen Collins cartoon about Donald Trump not being able to perceive Jeremy Corbyn to become real.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

"Voting Republican isn't working! What should we do?"
"I dunno, guess it's hopeless."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The donkey desperately looks for money to use in any kind of infrastructure funding, but its already been taken months ago and is in the elephant's tax haven.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Vader was redeemable. A Bad Cartoon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yes, the public is so overwhelmingly in favor of this loving bill.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

McDragon posted:

it looks so sad :(

It's unhappy to exist, it's self aware enough to know it shouldn't be.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Jesus loving Christ what is wrong with this guy?

Okay, to give a little context, "Replacement Theology" Christianity is the belief that Jesus Christ fulfilled and superseded the original covenant with Moses, also known as Supersessionism. It's a super popular view of Christianity at the layman level ("I'm allowed to eat shrimp because all those old rules don't apply, the only rule is that you must believe Jesus is your savior") but is... complicated in a more in-depth theological view because it kinda, sorta implies that all Jews are defying the word of God.

This became even more of an issue after the Holocaust, so most denominations started rolling back Replacement Theology as an official tenant, kind of. The Roman Catholics, for example, moved away from 'hard' Supersessionism to 'soft' supersessionism as part of Vatican II - Jesus is a new, improved expansion of the covenant but not a complete replacement. Christianity is implied to be superior to Judaism, but not innately incompatible. Like everything with Vatican II, there are hardliners who consider this heretical. Most Protestant churches either don't acknowledge it, or have walked it back as well... again, except for the hardliners who think Jews are heretics and tend to be explicitly antisemitic.

So, long story short, this loving rear end in a top hat is tying 1.) Christians who support the Palestinians and 2.) Jews who support human rights to 3.) Antisemitism and the loving HOLOCAUST. What the gently caress is wrong with this guy??

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 20, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

So is that hard hat for the over $15 an hour job (a rate the Republicans claim is unrealistic) 40 hours a week, for his business he started and works in his spare time, or the other, unincorporated, job he works in the spare time he's not using for his corporation or 40 hour a week job? I need details if you want to pull me into your world here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tibalt posted:

Jesus loving Christ what is wrong with this guy?

The funny thing is the art in that cartoon is really good by Dry Bone's standards. The eyes are actually properly separated!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Isn't this trash-rear end tax bill polling at like 20%?

Get hosed Every McCoy and also get hosed Branco for good measure.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

When Luckovich is bad he is rear end

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those evil leftist jews. Why, they hardly count as jews at all!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

all three of these are me

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

Nobody's stopping you. Why haven't you started the REVOLUTION yet?

My Putin-check hasn't cleared yet.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Grant me this one indulgence.

And of course...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
panel three owns, Bad Reporter continues to own

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

And of course...

4/5.

Where's the pants?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On the ground, of course. Which is obscured in each of those.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That donkey's eyes (and perceived status of its pants) haunts me.

Panel 3 is amazing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They don't even need to look, the EU have already said A50 can be reversed. Also they won't "have us over a barrel" because they're not loving morons and understand the carrot and stick principle. We've already lost hosting for a couple of big EU institutions, that will be considered enough.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

that is not how swords work, even magical ones

are they trying to keep each other from committing suicide? is that the message?

also jesus lukovich you're allowed to use a ruler/line tool for magical swords

stringless fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 20, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i see lovely calvin and hobbes is still at the same point

i skipped this thread for months and its still the same cartoon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someone else, as far as I know Red Panels Nazi hasn't come out of retirement yet.

How do we know StoneToss and Red Panels isn't the same guy?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How can bad reporter be this good all the time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ME:A sucked though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bethlehem is in the West Bank though

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

And of course...

10/10 pants on ground whole time.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Not sure if this is directly a response to it, but Mark Hamill torched Cruz's rear end on twitter over this bill, and Cruz tried to play off his "Luke, you don't understand..." shtick.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jedit posted:

They don't even need to look, the EU have already said A50 can be reversed. Also they won't "have us over a barrel" because they're not loving morons and understand the carrot and stick principle. We've already lost hosting for a couple of big EU institutions, that will be considered enough.

Well, the "refund" that the UK has been getting could possibly get reduced or eliminated as punishment, but yeah, that's probably all they'd do in addition to what's already been done.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

McDragon posted:

it looks so sad :(

You would be too if you knew you had to speak in Trump quotes the rest of your life.

• Locked thread