Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Schwarzwald posted:

And More posted:

That's some masterful Reigen-style spin.

...well? What's your complaint with it?

I mean, that's from the anime, and the anime is perfection. So, I don't have one, I guess. :shrug:

Maybe I just found ONE's earlier work more touching:

And More fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

personally, i really like bone's adaptation of one's style for the MP100 anime, but i'm not super hot on one's actual, original manga art (i bounced off of the MP100 manga before the anime aired and i think it's about 70% for this reason)

he's obviously very skilled at composition and writing and i love both of the animes based off his work, as well as murata's redraw as a result, but i have very little interest in reading his original work

this is why i'm here in the murata manga thread instead of the one webcomic thread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The original post was correct too. Mob's consistent and has a unique style that's on point as gently caress.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The original post was correct too. Mob's consistent and has a unique style that's on point as gently caress.

Yeah, Reigen also technically helps people with their "curses".

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Am I crazy? Haven't multiple S class heroes and members of the HA interacted with both Blast and Saitama? ONE is too good to reuse the same joke.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What yall huffing ONEs art is good

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Batmasterson posted:

Am I crazy? Haven't multiple S class heroes and members of the HA interacted with both Blast and Saitama? ONE is too good to reuse the same joke.

But OPM is built around reusing the same jokes.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wasnt mumen rider taking credit for some of saitama's kills before king was introduced too

Blast almost definitely isn't saitama tho, I imagine that if he was the elder centipede fight might be made that a bit more clear

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
We're just going to keep getting more details about Blast through the various villains that show up that have fought him and lived/watched him fight someone else, but never actually see him ever

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Blast was some dude that saw Saitama save chin kid from Crablante.

The circle is complete.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nice piece of fish posted:

So, Blast is Saitama before he lost his hair, from when he saved the cleft-chin kid, right? And because of him the hero association was formed? Seems consistent with how his hair looked then and also some maybe exaggeration from the kid he saved? That's the only thing I can think of which explains the fact that Blast is nowhere to be seen, isn't heard from destroying any monsters etc. It's also kinda hilarious that Saitama while being the strongest hero is also a nobody loser who is also the strongest rated hero of the association but he doesn't know that and neither does the hero association. It's dumb enough that it has to be true.

Only thing is that the name doesn't really make sense, because "blast"? Blast what? Saitama didn't use any explosions against the crab.

Blast has been doing hero work long before Saitama ever started doing his training regiment, they are separate people

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Xarbala posted:

I'm not going to talk up MP100's art but I am going to say that the anime is surprisingly good-looking, the animators seemed to have a lot of fun with that one.

A lot of that's because they could do more motion on the same time/budget because the style doesn't have a million lines per frame so they made the whole show more dynamic.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

just accept reigen = blast, it's funnier that way

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

just accept reigen Weird Al = blast, it's funnier that way

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:thunk:

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
That profile of Blast in the latest chapter also looks nothing like Saitama at all.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

EponymousMrYar posted:

Blast was some dude that saw Saitama save chin kid from Crablante.

The circle is complete.

Okay, then I choose to believe this now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Or is the chin-cleft kid.

But I think ONE has earned my trust in that the Blast reveal will be both awesome and worth it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Before the story ends Saitama is going to have to find someone just as strong as he is, and its probably going to be Blast.

I dont really want it to happen though because once Saitama meets someone as strong or stronger than him it means the storys probably about to end

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Before the story ends Saitama is going to have to find someone just as strong as he is, and its probably going to be Blast.

I dont really want it to happen though because once Saitama meets someone as strong or stronger than him it means the storys probably about to end

The series'll end once Saitama finds a nice woman to step on him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

RareAcumen posted:

The series'll end once Saitama finds a nice woman fubuki gets strong enough to to step on him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You mean, let Common Rider ride him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you mean genos

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
(male) harem ending

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I really don't think there's any romance coming from any of the main cast anytime soon.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is Blast the new What is the Real Origin of Saitama's Powers

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

RareAcumen posted:

I really don't think there's any romance coming from any of the main cast anytime soon.

One Pump Man would be a much sadder manga.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Batmasterson posted:

One Pump Man would be a much sadder manga.

That really depends on what the pump accomplishes, imo.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Parrotine posted:

Blast has been doing hero work long before Saitama ever started doing his training regiment, they are separate people

This wasn't said anywhere.

Batmasterson posted:

Multiple S class heroes and members of the HA absolutely think King is the strongest man on Earth, they're not exactly a great reference.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
he is though?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

AnonSpore posted:

if it is i will lock this thread and i don't even have that power

Blast is not Saitama

End of discussion

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Hey guys, Blast may actually be just Saitama.

Thoughts?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What if Blast was Saitama, but like before his encounter with Crablante

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Blast's origin is really obvious. He's the opposite of Saitama. He was strong from birth.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

RareAcumen posted:

I know, but still

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Blast was really the personification of the fans’ desire for a mystery or twist in a parody manga all along.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shawn posted:

Blast was really the personification of the fans’ desire for a mystery or twist in a parody manga all along.

I definitely want to see Ryukishi07's take on OPM's character designs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I know, but still

Still what? I honestly don't know what you're inferring, things go over my head all the time. This just seems like a real childhood friend/love interest free manga to me. Saitama pines for getting his hair back but I think that's about all he's got so far.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Blast is Saitama from an alternate timeline, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

RareAcumen posted:

Still what? I honestly don't know what you're inferring, things go over my head all the time. This just seems like a real childhood friend/love interest free manga to me. Saitama pines for getting his hair back but I think that's about all he's got so far.

I didn't really have a ton of meaning behind it. Was initially riding the fact that murata likes fubuki a lot and just ran out of steam to make things funny.