Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

J posted:

Someone suggest me a build that is tanky as gently caress and can run red maps unidentified. I don't care if it's expensive or not the fastest build in the world.

full conversion to chaos Jugg/Slayer/Glad Sunder. Accomplishing this is left as an exercise for the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

George posted:

Now vaal all your gear.

Now you're speaking my language.

Also how do monsters drop maps? Do they pick them up? Does the shaper float up and staple them onto their backs and giggle?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who is hiding full suits of platemail in evil pillbugs

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Who is hiding full suits of platemail in evil pillbugs

No burglar looks there!!!!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

J posted:

Someone suggest me a build that is tanky as gently caress and can run red maps unidentified. I don't care if it's expensive or not the fastest build in the world.

I mean, with spectre necro I can run any map mod, with ele reflect just needing to be identified to spam minion healing potions and possibly remove a support gem or the spirit eater gem so that when one of them goes super saiyan with 10x cast speed they don't blow themselves up by hitting everything before the other spectres do.

I also haven't had to really play to the boss mechanics much because everything melts, tier 15 brine king gets off 1 attack between his invulnerable phases, tier 15 araakali gets off 1 attack, tier 15 innocence dies during the beam that follows you, ect.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Trap and mine builds are probably the most mod-agnostic builds in the game, but they're hard to make tanky and Mind Over Matter without Eldritch Battery makes You Cannot Regen Mana a no-go.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

nightwisher posted:

The lore reason is that all uniques are copies of the originals, made by using Kalandra's Mirror, before it was broken into shards which you find as Mirrors of Kalandra, which only retain a mere fraction of it's original power. Her original Mirror was capable of perfectly copying anything with no limitations. Some rear end in a top hat uses it to outfit an entire army, the copies of uniques we find ingame are the remnants of this.

dumbass

Who mirrored all these lovely one-alch uniques I keep finding?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Who mirrored all these lovely one-alch uniques I keep finding?

It was my original character, please don't steal.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

J posted:

rf can run everything except no regen easily and tank almost any hit in the game. you can afk regular atziri and guardians.

gc miner can run anything unid but you actually have to try

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah I can run no regen just fine as GC mines. It does slow thing down a little, but it's perfectly doable. I usually roll over on no regen unless the quant% is fantastic but if I get it on a corrupted map or unid map I just run with it and it's fine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how did i miss that yeti mask last year? goddamn lol.

polar bear is super cute

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

also i socketed the belly in about 20 jewelers, 5 linked it with 1 fuse said "eh gently caress it lets go" in gchat and then 6 linked it in like 10 and everyone told me to die and it was fun

tbf, you deserved it :argh:

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I'm enjoying this league as a bleed sunder build, but dang, I'm having to be super budget this league.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Abyss posted:

I'm enjoying this league as a bleed sunder build, but dang, I'm having to be super budget this league.

Name royalties not coming through?

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

Name royalties not coming through?

They didn't get proper permission, DMCA filing has been initiated.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
gently caress me 2.4gb patch - i really need to keep my computer on all day while I'm at work

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

or just use the standalone client where it was about a 600mb patch

steam patching for this game is retarded

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

nailed a lvl 4 empower today, think tomorrow I'm going to try something crazy and buy a shroud of the lightless to stick my barrage into on a doomfletch build. Hard to tell with path of building but I think the lvl 20 elemental pen support and the extra abyss jewel slot should be super dope for my barrage link, even though losing my mirage archer buddy will be a bit sad.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

No unique id, 8 lich kills r i p

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

they're gonna fix this soon apparently, i got one like this the other night

you can flame dash/lightning warp/bodyswap through but the angle is rough

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nightwisher posted:

The lore reason is that all uniques are copies of the originals, made by using Kalandra's Mirror, before it was broken into shards which you find as Mirrors of Kalandra, which only retain a mere fraction of it's original power. Her original Mirror was capable of perfectly copying anything with no limitations. Some rear end in a top hat uses it to outfit an entire army, the copies of uniques we find ingame are the remnants of this.

dumbass

i'm the mirror used on redbeak

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
So, this unique:

https://i.imgur.com/PirZwo0.png

How is this remotely balanced? An 800 DPS weapon with 9% base crit that you can use with blade flurry/molten strike? Sure why not.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Looks pretty dope, but that's a lot of fire degen to overcome.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably because of the damage taken as fire and the fact that you can't use a stat stick.

The fire damage means no -max maps, no no regen, etc. Your major regen points are also on the left side of the tree.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

So, this unique:

How is this remotely balanced? An 800 DPS weapon with 9% base crit that you can use with blade flurry/molten strike? Sure why not.

Pathing for it is a trainwreck with all the poo poo you need to make it function thanks to most 1h nodes actually being dw or shield nodes. You're stuck leap slamming with zero local attack speed.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Yeah by endgame that's more damage than Righteous Fire is doing to you (at level 90 it's 45% of your health instead of 40), so you have to build around it accordingly (but you can't use a shield to help).

e: plus it costs you three gem sockets

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
It comes with 6 linked sockets, just like the old Goddess Unleashed.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If you go crit you need nodes on the outside near ranger and on the outside near templar. If you go EO you still have tack on some crit because it only lasts 4 seconds. And you need slayer leech. Did you know that the only item that converts phys to fire that's usable with it is Xoph's Blood? The gotchas just don't end.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Xequecal posted:

It comes with 6 linked sockets, just like the old Goddess Unleashed.

Oh, so it's just a two-handed sword that you can't use 2H nodes on instead of something like the White Wind?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Attorney at Funk posted:

Oh, so it's just a two-handed sword that you can't use 2H nodes on instead of something like the White Wind?

Pretty much, they gave it a new base type so it's a 1-hander that uses both slots and has 6 linked sockets.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

Yeah, it's mostly a worse oro's that's always 6l.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Xequecal posted:

So, this unique:

10 days from now there will be a hotfix when GGG realizes that they meant the three to be a one and the two shouldn’t be there at all.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Attorney at Funk posted:

Yeah by endgame that's more damage than Righteous Fire is doing to you (at level 90 it's 45% of your health instead of 40), so you have to build around it accordingly (but you can't use a shield to help).

e: plus it costs you three gem sockets

lol this post is just a trainwreck all around. rf degen is 90% of your max life.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think the poster confused it with the enemy burn.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
the degen shouldnt be too bad to deal with although you'll need some early regen nodes or gear to make it work as a leveling weapon

w/ barbarism and a ruby flask you only need ~8% regen at 90

you could prob do something dumb with it with chieftain as an absolute budget build

e: also i forgot purity of fire existed and that'd make it super easy esp w/ a flask

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 21, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
She has a bunch of triggered events. Her dialogue replaces whatever your Exile would normally say. Most of her triggers are based around killing certain enemies and running into Piety. She. Really. loving. Hates. Piety.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I think the sword got stuck in him somehow but he lacks the...necessary ambition and ability to wield it properly. I imagine she tried to talk to him but found the conversation lacking. And he deals no fire damage so she never awakens and embraces him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

So, this unique:

if you vaal 5 of them into rares and sell em is the rare still 6led and is the forced to use 2h mod still there I wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

the 6l is part of the unique, apparently