Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Athanatos posted:

For Christmas everyone say something nice about the Packers, I'll start:

They never deflated footballs

They knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs twice in the last 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Abugadu posted:

Let 'em taunt, let 'em give you poo poo - it means your team is actually doing something. It's when they get quiet that you know your team is in deep poo poo.

Being a Michigander, I am also a Red Wings fan and let me just say: YUP. :smith:

Pops Mgee posted:

They knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs twice in the last 4 years.

That whole thing with the Dez non-catch is about the only thing I will ever unironically appreciate the Packers for. That was delicious.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Abugadu posted:

Let 'em taunt, let 'em give you poo poo - it means your team is actually doing something. It's when they get quiet that you know your team is in deep poo poo.
^

I've never understood why many Packer fans have this pathological need to be loved by all. We are the Patriots1 of the midwest, lean into it

1: yes i know we do not have the same success as the Patriots, pedantic goon who is going to quote this and say LOL U WISH

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've never understood why many Packer fans have this pathological need to be loved by all.

Because outside of football, Wisconsinites tend to be decent, fun people that are enjoyable to have around. There's a non-comprehension that fandom does something to that equation, and we inevitably take it as a personal affront.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/samnewton31/status/943641190825709568

:allears:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Abugadu posted:

this is pretty accurate. I've only started trashing the lions the last few years. back when the bears were making postseason runs I would do the paternalistic 'oh how nice the lions are getting better' but now i have nothing but bitterness towards them

1 combined win for the lions, vikings and bears is loving horrible, jesus christ . let's see:

AFC East (3 title teams)
New England Patriots - 5-4
Buffalo Bills 0-4 lol
Miami Dolphins 2-3 (including undefeated season)
New York Jets 1-0
North (2 title teams)
Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
Baltimore Ravens 2-0
Cincinnati Bengals 0-2
Cleveland Browns 0-0
South (1 title teams)
Jacksonville Jaguars 0-0
Tennessee Titans 0-1
Houston Texans 0-0
Indianapolis Colts 2-2
West (3 title teams)
Kansas City Chiefs 1-1
Los Angeles Chargers 0-1
Oakland Raiders 3-2
Denver Broncos 3-5
NFC East (3 title teams)
Philadelphia Eagles 0-2
Dallas Cowboys 5-3
Washington Redskins 3-2
New York Giants 4-1
North (2 title teams)
Minnesota Vikings 0-4 lol
Detroit Lions 0-0
Green Bay Packers 4-1
Chicago Bears 1-1
South (2 title teams)
Carolina Panthers 0-2
New Orleans Saints 1-0
Atlanta Falcons 0-2 worst blown lead ever
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1-0
West (3 title teams)
Los Angeles Rams 1-1
Seattle Seahawks 1-2
Arizona Cardinals 0-1
San Francisco 49ers 5-1

pretty drat even. jets/chiefs wins were so long ago as to pretty much not count. AFC south has expansion teams so it's not really a fair comparison. Other than them - the NFC north has the most dominance by one team - 80% of SB wins in the division are by the packers.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 21, 2017

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Looking at that chart, I'm struck by a thought: the Vikings are the Bills of the midwest. Makes u think

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
When did the Jags go to the Super Bowl? How drunk was I?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

When did the Jags go to the Super Bowl? How drunk was I?

don't you remember, they beat the Titans in the third time they played in one year (I hosed up typing it in)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Looking at that chart, I'm struck by a thought: the Vikings are the Bills of the midwest. Makes u think

What’s worse is that those were all back in the 70’s, they’ve just been mediocre recently, with two excruciating playoff losses to keep them out of the SB in the few years that they likely would have won it all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember they started 5-0 one year and I was like hey yeah go Bills, then welp.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've never understood why many Packer fans have this pathological need to be loved by all.

Meh,

For every fan that tells me to jump on the packers bandwagon and join the winners circle, there are 3 more that will repeatedly shout "gently caress the bears/vikings" anytime *opposing team* does anything.

Might be skewed by the fact that I live in a tourist town 10 miles north of the Illinois border though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Whenever me and my friends lament the Vikings' many failures we always find solace in the fact that at least we aren't the Bills. It's close though. We're not jumping through flaming tables. Yet.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

How dare you accuse CJ2 of not having half a brain. :v:

Don't worry, Vince McMahon and Donald Trump's No Blacks Football League will fix everything, somehow.

(if you think the NFL's level of play right now sucks oh boy just wait for that)

I played amateur American football in the UK and seriously its more entertaining to watch than the XFL was. At least we did cool stuff like wishbone and single wing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
UK football is a treasure, runs for days then suddenly the most delicate of wounded duck passes will appear like a magical ghost of what football *could* be, but not on this field sir, not today.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m praying for Vince McMahon’s Trump Supporter Football League because its failure would be fantastic

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Abugadu posted:

Because outside of football, Wisconsinites tend to be decent, fun people that are enjoyable to have around.

This is true. My wife has family from Wisconsin, and they are all jovial and enjoyable folk. But if the topic turns to football they become obnoxious poo poo lords.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blotto Skorzany posted:

We did it first so it's more that the Bills are the Vikings of the east :colbert:

also at least we didn't lose four in a row :negative:

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
What's worse in the grand scheme of things - wasting Fran Tarkenton, or wasting Jim Kelly?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Obviously the Best thing would be getting wasted with Brett Favre,

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blotto Skorzany posted:

What's worse in the grand scheme of things - wasting Fran Tarkenton, or wasting Jim Kelly?

Wasting Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Obviously the Best thing would be getting wasted with Brett Favre,

That could kill a normal person.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

ulmont posted:

That could kill a normal person.

Can you die from seeing too many penis pics

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Quabzor posted:

Meh,

For every fan that tells me to jump on the packers bandwagon and join the winners circle, there are 3 more that will repeatedly shout "gently caress the bears/vikings" anytime *opposing team* does anything.
good

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Good Will Hrunting posted:

only one way to find out

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Jenn Sterger is still alive so I'm guessing no.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Indianapolis Colts 2-2

pardon the :spergin: but this should be 1-2, right?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/943889578427109376

:thunk:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So he's saying that the players are bad. I almost believe him. Abdullah is too small. You put one finger on him and he's tackled.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Come to the Bears Jim Bob we have great running backs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

it's extremely versatile in that the Lions have multiple plays that gain no yards on the ground

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Tree Dude posted:

So he's saying that the players are bad. I almost believe him. Abdullah is too small. You put one finger on him and he's tackled.

Ameer's become something of a scapegoat for the Lions' running woes, but it's not really his fault-the bigger issue is arguably that the line absolutely sucks poo poo at run blocking, which means that there's very few opportunities for Abdullah to actually make runs before getting dogpiled at the LoS.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

pardon the :spergin: but this should be 1-2, right?

i think so. i thought it was weird when i was copying from PFR and didnt check it and figured unitas won one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/42913/mike-mccarthys-evaluation-of-packers-patterns-of-negativity-starts-now

quote:

"We have to be honest about the patterns of negativity and positivity," McCarthy said. “What comes from that, how do you learn from that, how do you improve? To win championships, you have to go through adverse moments. We’ve had plenty this year. Not hitting our goal, not playing to the standard of the Green Bay Packers is definitely an adverse situation we need to learn from.”

Although McCarthy didn't mention names or departments, his words screamed two things: Dom Capers and injuries.

quote:

Once again, the Packers defense failed to hold up its end. In Capers’ first two years as defensive coordinator, the Packers ranked second and fifth in the NFL in total yards allowed. Since then, they have not cracked the top 10 and finished 22nd or worse in three of the last six years. At No. 26 heading into Saturday's penultimate game of the season against Minnesota, they’re headed for another season in the bottom third of the NFL defensive rankings.

Capers, 67, addressed his future this week in a roundabout way, saying he would coach “as long as I enjoy it” and then added that, “I enjoy the competitiveness of it and the relationships with the players.

"If I ever feel like I can’t come in and give as much as I’ve got and do the kind of job that you want to do, then I won’t do it anymore," Capers said.

quote:

“I’m the coach, so I’m always looking at how to improve, whether it’s 2010, 2015 and no different this year,” McCarthy said. “I think it’s important, especially these next two weeks. Improvement comes through evaluation, application and the hardest part is continuation. I think the eight years of making [the playoffs] is a reflection of that. This is a dip below the standard line, and everybody that has a part of it needs to be accountable and responsible, and that’s how we will grow moving forward.”

Typically, that’s a statement McCarthy would make during his season wrap-up news conference, and then he would begin his evaluation of the coaching staff and all other aspects of the operation.

“Unfortunately, I can do that right now,” McCarthy said. “That’s the unfortunate part of where we are as a team. Listening is probably the most important part of communication. Watching is another very important nonverbal information that you can gather in these next two weeks. I think you have to make sure you look at everything and be direct and honest and keep the emotion out of it. I think having two weeks to think about it will take the emotion out of it. We have to get better through the adversity that we’ve been through this year.”

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Reddit is better for football stuff atm lmao

Gotta agree with whoever this guy is, Reddit ftw. This topic is dull of retards

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/943882213598343168

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Combat Matt is gonna be beat the gently caress up before he ever escapes us

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Gotta agree with whoever this guy is, Reddit ftw. This topic is dull of retards

:ironicat:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

plase do not use the r-word. did jane lynch and hillary duff teach you nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
What's really weird is the relentless torrent of poo poo Toronto Maple Leafs fans get. A franchise that hasn't won a championship since 1967 and gets New York Yankees/New England Patriots levels of heat online.

It's loving weird.

• Locked thread