Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Wanna read a comic about all this wildlife that keeps landing on Jersey

Well, splatters rather than landing, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Samuringa posted:

What is even happening in panel 2? Did he jump face first into the Hulk?

Peter seems to thinks that's a pretty good move

As seen here moments before he was fatally crushed:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

welp now you've made him mad

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Apparently Dr conners has kept up with his experiments in regeneration tech because his pants have completely healed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mover posted:

Apparently Dr conners has kept up with his experiments in regeneration tech because his pants have completely healed

Only the very best in weekday colorist technology

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hulk is doing that thing adult lions do where they pretend that their cubs are able to hurt them in order to encourage them :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I fixed it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

I assume KRAKKK is the sound of all the bones in Peter's fist breaking.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I gotta admit I like the panel boundary effect. That's like 1970s comics technology and therefore far more advanced than I would have expected from NSM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no, Peter got hit so hard in the last trip that we are now seeing his inane coma dreams. :(

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

god drat I love how dumb NSM is. "Pick up Connors and run? Nah, let's fight the infinitely strong rage machine!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shrewd going for the Shoryuken, Pete, but I don't think invincibility frames will save you now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The artist not planning ahead and sticking Connors' head in a little crawl space of the panel is beautiful.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cakefarts Carol posted:

god drat I love how dumb NSM is. "Pick up Connors and run? Nah, let's fight the infinitely strong rage machine!"

tbf the hulk can run faster than him and isn't exactly impeded by the terrain. mj's there too and they got here in a boat, so even if he could pick up the two of them and run... where would he go?

his real problem was deciding that fighting the hulk was the option he should have explored first :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf the hulk can run faster than him and isn't exactly impeded by the terrain. mj's there too and they got here in a boat, so even if he could pick up the two of them and run... where would he go?

his real problem was deciding that fighting the hulk was the option he should have explored first :v:

This is a guy that felt strapping himself to Ronan's back to be squashed like a bug was the best tactic to use. Deciding to fist fight the Hulk surprises me in no way.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Peter are you going to intentionally turn that poor man into a lizard to save his life? Just let him die, he's living in a shack in a Florida swamp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It's sweet of the Hulk to humor him pretend that Pete's limp little fists could do any damage.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think that MJ's plan of action would work in most universes.

Then again, in most universes Pete's first thought on seeing the Hulk would be something along the lines of "Oh poo poo, how do I get this fucker away from the squishy civilians?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maybe BOTH sides have some reasonable points? I mean, Hulk just wants to smash after all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love how in the second panel Peter just looks resigned to getting punched by the Hulk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That is one hell of a windup Hulk had going.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Jesus christ could somebody just turn into a the lizard please.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unkempt posted:

Jesus christ could somebody just turn into a the lizard please.

Seriously. I'm jonesing for Jade Jaws to appear already!

*psst Lobok, whisper whisper*

What? Are you kidding? It's not the one with the huge alligator mouth?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, hulk is going to mangle peter with his butt.

actually, on second thought, heck yeah hulk is gonna mangle peter with his butt!

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Is the Hulk seriously going to calm down and transform back due to a stern talking to from Mary Jane?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Is the Hulk seriously going to calm down and transform back due to a stern talking to from Mary Jane?

Let me check.
Okay we got a 14 9 and 4.

So signs point to yes. Bruce is still going to punch Peter in the face though.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

is MJ's wrist OK?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

MissEchelon posted:

is MJ's wrist OK?

It's cool, Tony Stark'll take care of it.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Which leaves me wondering why the Hulk is just hanging out twenty feet from this guy's secret lab which is accessible only by hovercraft.

Also I like the idea of making a new thread each year.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Mary Jane is widely known for it's calming effect.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Next: Hulk Cuck!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

Mary Jane is widely known for it's calming effect.

The quality of this post has brought the thread to a new high.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Next: the return of the Globasaur!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Which leaves me wondering why the Hulk is just hanging out twenty feet from this guy's secret lab which is accessible only by hovercraft.

Also I like the idea of making a new thread each year.

banner's been known to hang out in the middle of nowhere so that no one bothers him. just not, you know, in a florida swamp because the mosquitos alone would make him instantly turn into the hulk.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

banner's been known to hang out in the middle of nowhere so that no one bothers him. just not, you know, in a florida swamp because the mosquitos alone would make him instantly turn into the hulk.

To be fair, some giant dude raging out for unclear reasons isn't going to stand out in Florida.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Randaconda posted:

To be fair, some giant dude raging out for unclear reasons isn't going to stand out in Florida.

Thar be legends of a green gamma-ape that roams the swamp!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

But he still has some clothes on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was probably going to make a Newspaper Spider-Man 2018 thread, to be honest. Since we’ll only be a few weeks into this storyline, it’s as good a place as any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Push El Burrito posted:

Next: the return of the Globasaur!

Spider-Man and the X-Men was too good for this world :allears:

• Locked thread