Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Power Bottom posted:

That would do it. A good Tracer is only going to fear hard CC that will be able to interrupt her combo of Blink/Melee/Bomb/Recall or burst damage on the level of being able to instantly delete her (which is extremely rare).

How is hard CC considered problematic? There are so many stuns in this game. Draft Uther against Tracer and laugh as your team kills her before the double-stun wears off every time she engages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Ignite Memories posted:

I love the opening scrum because I play a lot of Gul'dan and you can gobble up so many E stacks

Ditto but Q stacks for Cassia and quest progress for Jaina.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Family Values posted:

How is hard CC considered problematic? There are so many stuns in this game. Draft Uther against Tracer and laugh as your team kills her before the double-stun wears off every time she engages.
Stun and burst, the "counter" that works on every character in the game.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

Is that... is that really a thing that happens? That seems like an insanely dumb idea that will just result in someone getting caught behind enemy lines and killed trying to get back. An early pick like that for just the fountain seems like an awful idea.

Unless you're like... Murky who can risk that kind of thing.

I kind of want to do this as Murky now

It's a thing the whole team does, not just one hero. I agree it's dumb, and I see it less and less often. But I just had a team try it a few days ago, so it does happen sometimes. It usually doesn't work.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

Stun and burst, the "counter" that works on every character in the game.

But... it doesn't? Tracer has the health pool of a mayfly compared to a bruiser, especially one with unstoppable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/943905045430509568

Firebat confirmed

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

A character like Falstad is much more susceptible to CC despite having 20% more hit points than Tracer because he is easier to hit and does not cleanse himself. Tracer is enormously resistent to the majority of CC abilities, such as Kerri stun and anubarak's abilities, because of her mobility, self-cleanse, and hit box size. She is in fact vulnerable to Taunt, Hammer of justice, and polymorph specifically but demanding one of three specific heroes to counter her is a prime example of lacking counterplay (much like Medivh being the "counter" to Garrosh's throw).

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

not gui montag, uninstalling

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Didnt see anyone link to the patchnotes, http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21338595/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-patch-notes-december-20-2017-12-20-2017

Biggest thing is probably the change to Garrosh Q which makes it a stun instead of a pull. A lot of streamers were basically calling it the death of Garrosh. Psalm basically said he was a one trick tank that doesnt have that one trick anymore. "We’re also looking at other Heroes who are lacking in counter-play, or are overly frustrating to play against, and are planning to make similar changes to them in the future." A lot of people are speculating this means Varian or Genji or Tracer changes.

Vile Infection nerf, small buffs to Li Li W build, buffs to Artanis on lesser-used talents, Brightwing polymorph cooldown reduction. They reduced cooldown on Lifebinder presumably to try to get it to complete with Cleansing Flame (which is picked 93% of the time on hotslogs, I dont think I've ever personally ever seen someone take Lifebinder and I still wouldnt take it myself). Nova nerf to Q damage, health pool and Lethal Decoy damage. Nerf to Lucio healing. D.va gets a slick little 14% increase to auto attacks in mech form.

EdRush fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 21, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

EdRush posted:

Didnt see anyone link to the patchnotes, http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21338595/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-patch-notes-december-20-2017-12-20-2017

Biggest thing is probably the change to Garrosh Q which makes it a stun instead of a pull. A lot of streamers were basically calling it the death of Garrosh. Psalm basically said he was a one trick tank that doesnt have that one trick anymore. "We’re also looking at other Heroes who are lacking in counter-play, or are overly frustrating to play against, and are planning to make similar changes to them in the future." A lot of people are speculating this means Varian or Genji or Tracer changes.

Vile Infection nerf, small buffs to Li Li W build, buffs to Artanis on lesser-used talents, Brightwing polymorph cooldown reduction. They reduced cooldown on Lifebinder presumably to try to get it to complete with Cleansing Flame (which is picked 93% of the time on hotslogs, I dont think I've ever personally ever seen someone take Lifebinder and I still wouldnt take it myself). Nova nerf to Q damage, health pool and Lethal Decoy damage. Nerf to Lucio healing. D.va gets a slick little 14% increase to auto attacks in mech form.

You are literally regurgitating the exact posts from like the last 2-3 pages. I don't have any thinking emojis to spare tight now, but I'll find one later.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Haha, RIP Garrosh.

Maybe he can get a rework to be a damage oriented warrior now, like Y'Shaarj always intended.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

why yes i do need a light thank you

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

EdRush posted:

I dont think I've ever personally ever seen someone take Lifebinder and I still wouldnt take it myself

It's hilarious with Cho'Gall.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
We’re cranking up the heat in the Nexus with our newest Hero - Blaze, Veteran Firebat. Joining the roster in January 2018, Blaze is a dual-incinerator cannon wielding Warrior who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield. Get ready to fire it up!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blaaaaaaaze!!!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

420 bLAZE only ALL MID

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blaze

https://youtu.be/8cJJrKKDX50

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

not gui montag, uninstalling

Same, unless his name is Gui "Blaze" Montag

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

We’re cranking up the heat in the Nexus with our newest Hero - Blaze, Veteran Firebat. Joining the roster in January 2018, Blaze is a dual-incinerator cannon wielding Warrior who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield. Get ready to fire it up!

Blaze's Q ability uses a powerful vacuum in his flamethrower to suck foes into his range. His E summons a burst of flame from the ground, thrusting the nearest enemy a distance behind him, into your back line.

We'll see you... in the Nexus

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Garrosh nerfed AND we're getting the loving Firebat? All of my wildest dreams are coming true. 2018 is going to be a good year.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MisterZimbu posted:

Blaze's Q ability uses a powerful vacuum in his flamethrower to suck foes into his range. His E summons a burst of flame from the ground, thrusting the nearest enemy a distance behind him, into your back line.

We'll see you... in the Nexus

"Blaze is a dual-incinerator cannon wielding Warrior who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield. His first heroic ability is 'Sergeant's Provocation' which forces nearby enemy heroes to attack Blaze."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

As Blaze takes more damage, his stimpacks increase causing him to take reduced damage depending on how much missing health he has.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

With the way they have 'Blaze' in quotes, would that leave open the possibility of other named Firebats with different abilities? I've never played SC so I'm not familiar with the character / mythos.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nah it's more like introducing nova as GHOST 'Nova'

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Nova and Tracer give me a lot of trouble, even in my low level quickmatch fun times. Dang ol Nova triple tappin me outta nowhere gets pretty tiresome.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
They dislike putting generic units as 'Heroes', so they'll make something up if they want to bring someone in. Morales & Hammer were created for Heroes of the Storm just to put a face and personality on the concept.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

It's a thing the whole team does, not just one hero. I agree it's dumb, and I see it less and less often. But I just had a team try it a few days ago, so it does happen sometimes. It usually doesn't work.

Yeah I've had it happen a few times, ended in us getting wiped in exchange to taking down the gate. "worth" some guy said, we lost.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they'll add some of the heroes from the Starcraft manga or Diablo novels?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
So is One in the Chamber burst still Nova's go-to build, or is it now better to just slam pick all her Snipe talents?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So is One in the Chamber burst still Nova's go-to build, or is it now better to just slam pick all her Snipe talents?

I think the general idea now is still OITC, but with Crippling Shot instead of Lethal Decoy.

I still play snipe sometimes because I like it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Nova has two excellent talents at level 7 and then there's Perfect Shot. Do not take Perfect Shot.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

NameHurtBrain posted:

They dislike putting generic units as 'Heroes', so they'll make something up if they want to bring someone in. Morales & Hammer were created for Heroes of the Storm just to put a face and personality on the concept.

You mean Lt. Morales, noted serviceman for both the United Earth Directorate AND the Sons of Korhal??

(I'm writing this from memory, it could have easily been some other two factions, one good guy and one bad)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

BrianBoitano posted:

You mean Lt. Morales, noted serviceman for both the United Earth Directorate AND the Sons of Korhal??

(I'm writing this from memory, it could have easily been some other two factions, one good guy and one bad)

She appeared in HotS first. Also it was UED and Terran Dominion.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I was told elsewhere that it was UED and then Raynor's Raiders, but I don't honestly know either way for sure. Sgt. Hammer is Dominion I believe.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Why didn't they just use edmund duke for a siege tank...

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

whalestory posted:

Why didn't they just use edmund duke for a siege tank...

Among other things his VA is dead, I believe.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blizz had to reach pretty hard to get enough ladies in the roster pre-OW. Lunara, Brightwing, Morales, Hammer were all basically invented for HotS and Chromie + Auriel were reaches. Nothing wrong with that ofc.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Yeeesss they got the voice actor for the Marauder from SC2 to voice him too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hammer was created for HOTS because outside of Nova, Kerrigan, and the Medics, the list of notable Terran characters and units that would translate to a MOBA is a complete sausagefest.

Lt. Morales was created for HOTS because the only noteworthy Medic characters before she was made were Lisa Cassidy and Egon Stettman. Cassidy only appeared in the books (although she got a cameo on the Heaven's Devils poster in SCII), so she's not going to show up because nobody read the books. Stettman, meanwhile...

... is the exact kind of annoying, nasally nerd that he appears to be. Considering that such a personality would be extremely unpopular and that the HOTS team was still trying to solve the sausagefest problem, Morales got made up.

BrianBoitano posted:

UED first, then Terran Dominion, then worked closely with Raynor's Raiders after Valerian took over and the RR rejoined the Dominion because they were the good guys now (which is why she has the Raiders' symbol emblazoned on her shield). Fun fact: both Hammer and Morales show up in SCII as announcers/coordinators for the Co-Op Commander missions, with each getting their own mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

A good strat is to slowly ban all the best supports, then leave support for your last pick. That way you get a support that doesn't fit too well in the comp.