Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I was thinking 12 birds with one stone.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I would be okay if the Rams spent the offseason getting Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joyner and Trumaine Johnson under long-term contracts and got Watkins to take a team-friendly 2-3 year deal. They just really need to improve their backups right now, their depth is absolute poo poo.

Agreed about the signings. I don't think all of their depth is bad, but, yeah, they need to shore up some depth, especially in the secondary.

Oh gosh, yes!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Guys I can't stop thinking about Jimmy G and I need that long term deal inked so I can replace my NaVorro Bowman jersey

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Guys I can't stop thinking about Jimmy G and I need that long term deal inked so I can replace my NaVorro Bowman jersey

He's going to have to win a super bowl before I'll replace my Kaepernick jersey in the QB category.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Spoeank posted:

Guys I can't stop thinking about Jimmy G

So why don't you marry him?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
lol if youre not rocking a jets era mark sanchez jersey

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benny the Snake posted:

So why don't you marry him?

He said "no, who are you? get out out of here!"

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Spoeank posted:

very excited about the reign of jimmy guapolo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
[quote="Spoeank" post="479502179"]
Uhm did you forget who brought us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSEcGgqdgM
[/

Hahahaha... yeaaah that was great. Still hate the Patriots like hell tho

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shindragon posted:

Hahahaha... yeaaah that was great. Still hate the Patriots like hell tho

The Patriots gave us Jimmy G for a second round pick.

A Second Round Pick.

They’re the best, most generous people on Earth :bigtran:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think between Seahawks and Cardinals fans, we can also agree with gently caress the Steelers, specifically Ben Roethlisberger.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Coldforge posted:

A Second Round Pick.

They also got a waiver-wire-priced Hoyer out of the deal!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Coldforge posted:

A Second Round Pick.

Don't try to make me join the darkside because it's not working. I have my reasons. Petty as they are (coworkers being annoying d-bags, etc)

(Jimmy G is cool though)

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 20, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/943571997547565056

Every kid in the Bay between 8-16 is getting one for xmas (so they have something to wear after burying their Carr jersey in the backyard).

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/943592612614696960

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Niners fans really setting themselves up to be letdown big time by Garrapolos mediocre sophomore season

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Niners fans really setting themselves up to be letdown big time by Garrapolos mediocre sophomore season

Undoubtedly. Having too much fun for the first time in years to care, though.

(I expect we’ll come back down to earth after the Jaguars game)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/943571997547565056

Every kid in the Bay between 8-16 is getting one for xmas (so they have something to wear after burying their Carr jersey in the backyard).

Gonna be awkward when he's in Washington next season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's like the fourth or fifth person I've seen be like "welp good job displaying jimmy g for FA niners" or "Niners gonna take him and swap for Kirk Cousins"

It's the "bad teams will never get better" syndrome. Jimmy G is gonna be a Niner for at least 18 more games.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm 99% sure that Kirk Cousins tipped off his old coach that he's either getting franchised or signing a monster deal with Washington this offseason and that's why the 49ers pulled the trigger on another QB

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I was very skeptical of the Garoppolo deal. I think at this point it is looking very good. The 49ers have truckloads of cap room and the situation appears to be working very well for all involved. There is no reason Garoppolo should not sign long term here.

That said I still think trading a second for the opportunity to tag someone who has two career starts is a risky move.

Kazak_Hstan fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 21, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Risky but if you look at the current landscape of QBs in the NFL you would be stupid not to make a move to get a young QB with promise and get them on long-term. Washington couldn't have handled the whole Kirk Cousins thing worse, their entire front office should be canned along with Dan Synder.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Not that I want Superboy to leave the division, but let's be real-would anyone be surprised if York pulled the trigger on trading him for Cousins?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

Not that I want Superboy to leave the division, but let's be real-would anyone be surprised if York pulled the trigger on trading him for Cousins?

They're struggling to put a quality product on the field and they trade away a guy that gave them hope for the first time in levis? Yeah that doesn't really make sense.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Spoeank posted:

They're struggling to put a quality product on the field and they trade away a guy that gave them hope for the first time in levis? Yeah that doesn't really make sense.

Jed York isn't very smart :ssh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jed York learned from his mistakes which is why Shanahan and Lynch both have 6 year deals :ssh:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Jed York learned from his mistakes which is why Shanahan and Lynch both have 6 year deals :ssh:

Alternatively, Shanahan and Lynch learned from York's mistakes and insisted on 6-year deals each...

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Alternatively, Shanahan and Lynch learned from York's mistakes and insisted on 6-year deals each...

Probably closer to this. Lynch and Shanahan both have six year deals with no offsets. The latter point is the most critical - that's pretty ridiculous for a first-time GM and head coach. Probably the going rate for an organization that jerked three head coaches around in a row.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Yeah I don't trust Jed to not screw things up. But the Shanahan/Lynch deals give me some more optimism that he won't screw things up. I was very skeptical of the Jimmy G trade and still am not completely sold...but I'm less skeptical than I was. I don't remember this level of hype surrounding Cassel when he was traded...though I do seem to remember Cassel doing great at first then completely tanking.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Cassel had one good year in Kansas City and then Charlie Weis left as offensive coordinator and it all went to poo poo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If Jimmy G doesn't sign a long term deal this summer, it will be because he chose not to, not because the Niners front office didn't go after him. They're going to try to pay him like the face of the franchise.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

He could conceivably turn into a pumpkin next year, but for now the buzz and energy is infectious. Sure it's kinda funny they're celebrating a GW kick to win just their 4th game, but it's also exactly that: The players are showing signs of life. I live in the heart of Colts/Steelers country and people at work keep mentioning Jimmy G and how they think the Niners might be on the way up again.

It could be fleeting, but for now it's fun.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The smartest thing the 49ers could do is probably offer him something long-term but frontload the contract so they can cut him loose if he sucks this year. Also draft a quarterback in the 2nd-4th round this year.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Is this what the thread turns into when the Hawks aren't obvious deep playoff threats? Niners fans with.... Hope?

I don't like this development one bit

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My theory is that a ton of players who explode onto the scene looking great and then "regress" are not actually regressing: rather, opposing teams start to pay attention and watch tape and figure out how to counter whatever they're doing.

On that basis, while I'm definitely pleased with Garoppolo's debut for the niners, I'm withholding exuberance until we've seen what NFL teams who take the niners seriously as an opponent and study Garppolo's tape do to stop him.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
There simply aren't enough good quarterbacks to go around. The fact that the niners have someone who looks half way decent should lead them to do everything they can to keep him. Quarterbacks are in such crazy demand right now you p much have to pay top dollar for even mediocre talent, cap space be damned.

Re Cousins, the guy is probably jizzing himself at the thought of getting franchised again. 20% raise and all the leverage to make it happen again next off season.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Is this what the thread turns into when the Hawks aren't obvious deep playoff threats? Niners fans with.... Hope?

:glomp:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Elizabeth Mills posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Elizabeth Mills posted:

To be fair we weren't obvious deep playoff threats last year after Earl went down and look where Niners fans were then

Speaking of Earl what the gently caress is the deal with him and Bobby good grief y'all

• Locked thread