Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

That guy is a well known scammer and is banned from several owners clubs for photoshopping drag timeslips and lying about various other things. Someone actually bought one of his shitboxes a while back and it re-appeared on ebay with a mysteriously blown engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I think I've found my Christmas movie. Thanks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

That guy is a well known scammer and is banned from several owners clubs for photoshopping drag timeslips and lying about various other things. Someone actually bought one of his shitboxes a while back and it re-appeared on ebay with a mysteriously blown engine.

Any retard who pays 20 large for a 20+ year old Jap shoe deserves everything they get tbh

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Any retard who pays 20 large for a 20+ year old Jap shoe deserves everything they get tbh

Well have you looked at R32 GT-R prices recently? I'm kinda glad I test drove one and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, a bit too big to have fun on B-Roads and seemed like it would need a shitload of money throwing at it to make it work properly on track.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Well have you looked at R32 GT-R prices recently? I'm kinda glad I test drove one and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, a bit too big to have fun on B-Roads and seemed like it would need a shitload of money throwing at it to make it work properly on track.

I can understand it for a car with cult status that is bone stock. Skylines, Datsuns, NSXs and Supras fall into that bracket. As soon as the ad starts boasting about insane bhp and rattling off a list of mods it's basically scrap to me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

Was going to say, pretty sure the coupe quattro was FWD only or something and most definitely not a Ur-Quattro.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Was going to say, pretty sure the coupe quattro was FWD only or something and most definitely not a Ur-Quattro.

Wat

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nevermind, they just called it the Audi Coupe. There was a Coupe Quattro in the 90s and that's where I was getting confused.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

McLaren whew there's a bad team

not unlike this post

Thanks Ants posted:

Actually McLaren are good

much like this post

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

Nevermind, they just called it the Audi Coupe. There was a Coupe Quattro in the 90s and that's where I was getting confused.

Wrong link my friend, they are talking about that “she can go faster than super cars and bikes!” Shitbox.

In my very limited experience the moment you see black vinyl wrap on the bonnet of a car you should start backing away.

One time we got a lift from my friend’s 18 year old son in his tuned to gently caress boy racer shitbox, this thing was LOUD. I was somewhat sceptical about the idea of getting in this car, for such a usually cautious woman she was surprisingly upbeat. Fast forward half an hour and we are on the motorway foot down hard, car screaming like it’s a v12 going full pelt down the back straight, and struggling very hard to hit anywhere near 50.

That lad had to spend about 4 hours trapped in a car with his mother and her friends screaming “come on Jordan aim for 43! You can do it! Go on Lad give it some welly!” at him.

A lesson was learned that day.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren? More like McRarin’ to go win the 2018 world championship

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In the winter with the Scirocco I had two sets of keys, one to start it and another to lock it so I could get ready while it warms up. For some reason the geniuses at Toyota decided that once you start your Corolla it is impossible to lock it from the interior with the door open or use the external lock at all to lock it back up, so now I have to freeze my rear end off sitting in a cold car while it warms up. Incidentally this is why I loving hate new cars.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Mods, thread title please. tia

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

what is the best doc about ferrari and enzo?

Obviously this: https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/inside-garbage-world/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

In the winter with the Scirocco I had two sets of keys, one to start it and another to lock it so I could get ready while it warms up. For some reason the geniuses at Toyota decided that once you start your Corolla it is impossible to lock it from the interior with the door open or use the external lock at all to lock it back up, so now I have to freeze my rear end off sitting in a cold car while it warms up. Incidentally this is why I loving hate new cars.

My car has a remote start. I hold down a button for seven seconds, and then later, my car is warm.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

:ck5:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

My car has a remote start. I hold down a button for seven seconds, and then later, my car is warm.

I'll probably buy one but the ones for manuals are always a pain in the rear end to get working properly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My car has cloth seated heats, it’s like sitting on an electric blanket. I love it so much.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DELETE THIS CRAP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

My car has cloth seated heats, it’s like sitting on an electric blanket. I love it so much.

I've had one car with heated seats and didn't like it. If it's cold enough out to wear a jacket then I don't need to heat the back of that jacket.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I've had one car with heated seats and didn't like it. If it's cold enough out to wear a jacket then I don't need to heat the back of that jacket.

It heats my butt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

It heats my butt

I'll heat your butt.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

lmbo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'll heat your butt.

I'll heat Claire's butt if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please rename this thread the Official Scuderia Ferrari thread and stop this funny names nonsense

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DoctorGonzo posted:

what is the best doc about ferrari and enzo?

swap.avi

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

please rename this thread the Official Scuderia Ferrari thread and stop this funny names nonsense

in insanely DoctorGonzo voice: DELETE THIS CRAP

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Guys, I just had my coffee and pooped. Looking into the bowl before I flushed reminded me of Scuderia Ferrari's 2017 campaign.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Guys, I just had my coffee and pooped. Looking into the bowl before I flushed reminded me of Scuderia Ferrari's 2017 campaign.

Delete this before someone says “you saw your reflection in the water?”

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

in insanely DoctorGonzo voice: DELETE THIS CRAP

in extremely DoctorGonzo manner: *poops diaper* *furious typing* DELETE THIS CRAP *sniffs poopy diaper*

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

*In insanely 1500 voice* Zak Brown is the Diane Abbott of McLaren.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

*In insanely 1500 voice* Zak Brown is the Diane Abbott of McLaren.

lmbo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

in extremely DoctorGonzo manner: *poops diaper* *furious typing* DELETE THIS CRAP *sniffs poopy diaper*

turn your monitor

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

turn your monitor

okay...now what?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Wait until doctor gonzo's posts run out the bottom

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

learnincurve posted:

Wrong link my friend, they are talking about that “she can go faster than super cars and bikes!” Shitbox.

In my very limited experience the moment you see black vinyl wrap on the bonnet of a car you should start backing away.

One time we got a lift from my friend’s 18 year old son in his tuned to gently caress boy racer shitbox, this thing was LOUD. I was somewhat sceptical about the idea of getting in this car, for such a usually cautious woman she was surprisingly upbeat. Fast forward half an hour and we are on the motorway foot down hard, car screaming like it’s a v12 going full pelt down the back straight, and struggling very hard to hit anywhere near 50.

That lad had to spend about 4 hours trapped in a car with his mother and her friends screaming “come on Jordan aim for 43! You can do it! Go on Lad give it some welly!” at him.

A lesson was learned that day.

It’s legal in the UK to drive a car that can’t hit a safe highway speed? :psyduck:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ilmucche posted:

Wait until doctor gonzo's posts run out the bottom

I think just taking a dump on my desk would be better.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s legal in the UK to drive a car that can’t hit a safe highway speed? :psyduck:

tbf there are tons of drivers who never go anywhere near a motorway

It's also illegal (until next year) for learner drivers to use them lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

GramCracker posted:

I think just taking a dump on my desk would be better.

Did you poop your desk when you wrote this post etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pirate Radar posted:

Oddly enough no, there is no minimum speed limit anywhere. I would assume it’s because no one wants to piss off the olds by stopping them taking their caravans on the motorway.

It would have failed it’s yearly MOT had it not shat out it’s own big end a few months before it.

Fake edit: I just asked what car it used to be and apparently it was a Renault Clio Williams lol.

• Locked thread