Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Beamed posted:

My problem with the RPG is that my magic elf always goes insane. They make magic something cool and powerful, except.. it always feels lackluster.

Also I had a friend incredibly mad he couldn't be Skaven :D

Yeah, we just totally cut out the dumb Insanity Points system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

If you play as a Skaven are you explaining it as your Totally-A-Human just being :airquote: "abnormally hunched" :airquote: and :airquote: "sensitive to sunlight" :airquote: or are you rocking around with your Dwarf, Elf and Human friends out in the open.

I suppose you could just say you're a particularly ugly brettonian peasant.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
drank too much ale and shaved with a rusty razor. these things happen.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

ZearothK posted:

There's a whole Skaven sourcebook, Children of the Horned Rat, including rules for player characters.

this is hilarious, my god

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Playing Wood Elves in the ME campaign. I was pleasantly surprised to find Lothern was an actual city I could build like my cities in Athel Loren. Are there any other cities I should try to snag that are either full settlements or have great unique buildings?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nash posted:

Playing Wood Elves in the ME campaign. I was pleasantly surprised to find Lothern was an actual city I could build like my cities in Athel Loren. Are there any other cities I should try to snag that are either full settlements or have great unique buildings?

I think that Avelorn on Ulthuan works similarly for Wood Elves but it may just be those two.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nephthys posted:

If you play as a Skaven are you explaining it as your Totally-A-Human just being :airquote: "abnormally hunched" :airquote: and :airquote: "sensitive to sunlight" :airquote: or are you rocking around with your Dwarf, Elf and Human friends out in the open.

I suppose you could just say you're a particularly ugly brettonian peasant.

You're usually playing as a full party of Skaven. The character creation rules also encourage anyone who rolled being a Stormvermin or Grey Seer Apprentice to feel free to trade those things to other players for other favors, bonuses, and obligations during the game.

Basically, playing Skaven is like playing Rat Nazi Paranoia, but with Friend Great Horned Rat.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Beamed posted:

this is hilarious, my god

You bet.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

I wonder if there's any high ranking Skaven (say a member of the Council of 13 or something) who ever deliberately bent their face to face the floor (or something else along these lines), whilst expecting all the other rats to try and keep their noses below his.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nash posted:

They apparently get Altdorf, Black Crag, Castle Drakenhof, Couronne, Karak Eight Peaks, Karaz-a-Karak, Kislev, Miragliano, Hexoatl, Itza, Khemri, Lahmia, Lothren, Hellpit, Skavenblight and Naggarond.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stephen9001 posted:

I wonder if there's any high ranking Skaven (say a member of the Council of 13 or something) who ever deliberately bent their face to face the floor (or something else along these lines), whilst expecting all the other rats to try and keep their noses below his.

I would not be surprised. Most Skaven are petty assholes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Only 10% off. :argh:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gridlocked posted:

Only 10% off. :argh:

What do you expect? The game's not even in full release state until May!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

sassassin posted:

What do you expect? The game's not even in full release state until May!

This is bait, do not take it.

Angry skeltals look fun, but any word on how dooty they will be?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I have some questions as someone who obviously wants to pick up Part 2 over the xmas holiday:

Are Norse in the combined campaign yet? They're my 2nd favorite WHFB factikn.

Should I do a Part 2 campaign befoee doing combined?

Is combined good?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gridlocked posted:

So I have some questions as someone who obviously wants to pick up Part 2 over the xmas holiday:

Is combined good?

No Norsca for some time. They're more difficult to implement than expected due to the changes to the core game in 2 apparently.

The vortex campaign is ok and I played through skaven and linzers before ME. Mortal Empires is great but there are a few things that grind on me like long turn times and some issues with old Norse factions being dickheads and vast tracts of vampires in the south which will be fixed soon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Is combined good?

Norsca isn't in the game and won't be until May, until then all the Norsca factions are the vanilla 'chaos without any of the cool chaos units' bs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so with my favorite army, Tomb Kings, announced for January and not much else Warhammer related until then, I decided to put together a history of the faction, since I think it's actually one of the more fleshed out and interesting ones in the Warhammer lore, and most people just know Tomb Kings as "the mummy guys". It's also kinda long, so I'm gonna break it up into a few posts so people don't feel like they're scrolling past a wikipedia article

TOMB KINGS: THE LOREPOST

Part 1: Ancient Nehekara and the Reign of Settra

3500 years ago, the Land of the Dead looked nothing like the barren sand wastes of today. It was a fertile basin, with lush green banks along regularly-flooding rivers. A mighty civilization lived there, while the other tribes of men were still primitive and savage. Nehekara, or The Great Lands, was made up of powerful city-states, each ruled by their own laws and king. The mightiest city of all was Khemri, City of Kings, and although the other kings had great autonomy, all were expected to show deference to the King of Khemri. United, these rulers conquered from the jungles of the Southlands to the Black Mountains bordering the modern day Empire. But though their empire grew in power, the kings' ambitions grew faster, and so they began to war upon one another. Over the years the Crown of Nehekara passed from king to rival king, each one unable to maintain their rule for long. As they fought, incursions from greenskins and human barbarians to the north, as well as lizardmen attacks from the south ravaged the borders. Plague and famine struck the empire, and though their civilization was on the brink of collapse the rival kings refused to cooperate. Until an arrogant but brilliant young prince was crowned King of Khemri: Settra.

Settra demanded nothing less than absolute loyalty and adoration from his people. He alone among the kings realized that the populace would never truly respect a monarch who himself had no respect for the gods, so he ordered a vast restoration of the ancient Nehekaran temples. One year into his reign he begged the gods to grant him the strength to conquer his enemies and restore Nehekara to its former glory. To prove his commitment, he sacrificed his own children, and the next day the Great Vitae River flooded for the first time in decades. The resulting harvest was seen as a sign of the gods' favor by all of Khemri. Thus did Settra become the first Priest King of Khemri, and with the unwavering loyalty of his people did he set out to unite the cities. One by one they fell before him, until Settra was crowned the uncontested King of Nehekara. The slightest hint of dissent was crushed mercilessly by his royal agent, Herald Nekaph. But though Settra ruled with an iron fist, Nehekara entered a new age of prosperity, as the war-ravaged cities were finally restored to their full splendor. Indeed, the entire empire entered a golden age under his rule, while once-again unified armies pushed their borders ever further, with fleets sailing across the seas as far as Lustria to bring back loot and treasures for their King. No human empire since has been able to reach such heights of splendor and wealth.

Yet Settra was not content. As the first physical signs of age started to wear on his body, he stood atop the Black Mountains at the edge of his realm, and looked upon the vast lands he had conquered. Then he turned and saw the lands that lay beyond his rule, and roared in anger. Even if he were to live three lifetimes, there would still be realms beyond his reach. Worse still, all he had worked to achieve would eventually be undone; his kingdoms, his subjects, his monuments, all buried by the sands of time. So he swore that death would never claim him, and set out to defeat the one foe no mortal had ever beaten.

As the Priest King, Settra then founded the Mortuary Cult and tasked the wisest of the priesthood with unlocking the secrets of death and how to prevent it. They did as their King asked and loyally set out far across the lands, learning all that they could. Over the years they discovered much, learning how to extend both their king's as well as their own lifespans far beyond that of average men. They mastered how to preserve a body from decay, and the art of mummification was developed. Yet they were merely delaying the inevitable, for true immortality was still impossible. Fearing Settra's wrath, they offered an alternative. They believed that if they perfected the right rituals, they could bridge the gap to the Realm of Souls and bring someone back to life in a perfectly preserved body. The rituals would take hundreds of years to prepare however, and as Settra lay dying, furious but with no other choice, he was promised a glorious return to rule over a paradise for millions of years. His body was prepared with elaborate spells, incantations, and embalming, and was mummified in a grand sarcophagus. He was then entombed in a massive pure white pyramid that towered over Khemri. It was by far the largest monument in all of Nehekara. For it had to be, in order to fit the unbelievable amount of treasures, servants, bodyguards, and everything else a true king would need in the afterlife. Even his legions, loyal to their king unto death, marched into massive burial pits at the base of the pyramid and were buried alive to defend their liege. His Herald, Nekaph, was mummified and entombed at the right hand of his king, to continue to serve for all eternity. The tomb was sealed, and magic wards of protection were heaped upon it and maintained by Khemrian priests for over a thousand years. Never would another tomb have such elaborate wardings as the Priest King Settra.

tldr: Ozymandias realizes what's gonna happen to his statues and decides to become The Mummy

Part 2: The Time of Kings and the Rise of the Liche Priests

Following the death of Settra, no successor was ever again able to hold the city-states together. Although they did not engage in outright civil war, small skirmishes over resources and pride were common. For hundreds of years, the various city-states rose and fell in stature, the one constant being the huge armies each king raised, each as much for self-defense as for plundering the enemies of Nehekara. Riches continued to be brought back from abroad, gold taken from the nearby dwarfs and lizardmen and slaves from the human barbarians to the north. Greenskins from the Badlands to the north were a constant threat, but the chariots and armies were ready to meet them, and the lands remained secure.

All the while, the Mortuary Cult was hard at work perfecting their rites and advising the kings. The ambition of defeating death was universal among the power-hungry rulers, and so they allowed the cult to continue their work indefinitely. As each generation of priests eventually died, the next continued their work in earnest, until the fifth generation finally could extend their lives indefinitely. The Liche Priests, as they were then known, were in no rush to reveal any of their secrets, as they had come into a position of power and prestige that rivaled that of the kings themselves, and this would continue just as long as the priests were needed to bring them back to life. Furthermore, the art of restoring the dead was still just out of reach, while as the decades passed the priests began to learn the differences between 'never dying' and 'never aging'.

As the priesthood further perfected their magics, the arrogant kings became fixated on immortality. Plundered treasure was spent building increasingly grand and elaborate tombs, each ruler attempting to out-do his predecessor (though none had the sheer audacity to attempt surpassing the Great Pyramid of Settra). Monuments to death soon outnumbered the cities of the living, and the entirety of Nehekara became a culture fixated with death. No expense was spared in preparing for the afterlife. Massive armed statues were built to stand watch over their masters for all time. The ultimate reward for loyal soldiers was mummification, to serve their king in eternity. Symbols of immortality, like skulls, were emblazoned on everything. Necrotects were in charge of constructing the now intricately designed pyramids and crypts, with the greatest among them interred in their works as a reward. Eventually, the majority of the living population was at work maintaining and building the tombs. None who looked upon them could question the majesty and grandeur of the Nehekarans. But it would only take one man to bring the entire civilization to its knees; a young priest from Khemri named Nagash.

tldr: old rear end priests push Nehekara to a skull-based economy

next time: Part 3: The First Necromancer

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Or as I call them, Razis

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I'm a sucker for this stuff. :allears:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I belive the tl;dr of Tomb Kings (totally best WHFB race) is : Don't gently caress With Nagash.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Night10194 posted:

Basically, playing Skaven is like playing Rat Nazi Paranoia, but with Friend Great Horned Rat.

I can just imagine just using Paranoia scenarios as the basis for a Skaven campaign. "Well half the team died in the failed Abomination test, but the survivors found an equal number of similar-looking Skaven and stuck the warp-stone macguffins in them, so we're all good to go! The Grey Seer says that your next mission will be to guard Clan Skyre's latest creation, the Stealth Bell!"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so with my favorite army, Tomb Kings, announced for January and not much else Warhammer related until then, I decided to put together a history of the faction, since I think it's actually one of the more fleshed out and interesting ones in the Warhammer lore, and most people just know Tomb Kings as "the mummy guys". It's also kinda long, so I'm gonna break it up into a few posts so people don't feel like they're scrolling past a wikipedia article

TOMB KINGS: THE LOREPOST

Part 1: Ancient Nehekara and the Reign of Settra

3500 years ago, the Land of the Dead looked nothing like the barren sand wastes of today. It was a fertile basin, with lush green banks along regularly-flooding rivers. A mighty civilization lived there, while the other tribes of men were still primitive and savage. Nehekara, or The Great Lands, was made up of powerful city-states, each ruled by their own laws and king. The mightiest city of all was Khemri, City of Kings, and although the other kings had great autonomy, all were expected to show deference to the King of Khemri. United, these rulers conquered from the jungles of the Southlands to the Black Mountains bordering the modern day Empire. But though their empire grew in power, the kings' ambitions grew faster, and so they began to war upon one another. Over the years the Crown of Nehekara passed from king to rival king, each one unable to maintain their rule for long. As they fought, incursions from greenskins and human barbarians to the north, as well as lizardmen attacks from the south ravaged the borders. Plague and famine struck the empire, and though their civilization was on the brink of collapse the rival kings refused to cooperate. Until an arrogant but brilliant young prince was crowned King of Khemri: Settra.

Settra demanded nothing less than absolute loyalty and adoration from his people. He alone among the kings realized that the populace would never truly respect a monarch who himself had no respect for the gods, so he ordered a vast restoration of the ancient Nehekaran temples. One year into his reign he begged the gods to grant him the strength to conquer his enemies and restore Nehekara to its former glory. To prove his commitment, he sacrificed his own children, and the next day the Great Vitae River flooded for the first time in decades. The resulting harvest was seen as a sign of the gods' favor by all of Khemri. Thus did Settra become the first Priest King of Khemri, and with the unwavering loyalty of his people did he set out to unite the cities. One by one they fell before him, until Settra was crowned the uncontested King of Nehekara. The slightest hint of dissent was crushed mercilessly by his royal agent, Herald Nekaph. But though Settra ruled with an iron fist, Nehekara entered a new age of prosperity, as the war-ravaged cities were finally restored to their full splendor. Indeed, the entire empire entered a golden age under his rule, while once-again unified armies pushed their borders ever further, with fleets sailing across the seas as far as Lustria to bring back loot and treasures for their King. No human empire since has been able to reach such heights of splendor and wealth.

Yet Settra was not content. As the first physical signs of age started to wear on his body, he stood atop the Black Mountains at the edge of his realm, and looked upon the vast lands he had conquered. Then he turned and saw the lands that lay beyond his rule, and roared in anger. Even if he were to live three lifetimes, there would still be realms beyond his reach. Worse still, all he had worked to achieve would eventually be undone; his kingdoms, his subjects, his monuments, all buried by the sands of time. So he swore that death would never claim him, and set out to defeat the one foe no mortal had ever beaten.

As the Priest King, Settra then founded the Mortuary Cult and tasked the wisest of the priesthood with unlocking the secrets of death and how to prevent it. They did as their King asked and loyally set out far across the lands, learning all that they could. Over the years they discovered much, learning how to extend both their king's as well as their own lifespans far beyond that of average men. They mastered how to preserve a body from decay, and the art of mummification was developed. Yet they were merely delaying the inevitable, for true immortality was still impossible. Fearing Settra's wrath, they offered an alternative. They believed that if they perfected the right rituals, they could bridge the gap to the Realm of Souls and bring someone back to life in a perfectly preserved body. The rituals would take hundreds of years to prepare however, and as Settra lay dying, furious but with no other choice, he was promised a glorious return to rule over a paradise for millions of years. His body was prepared with elaborate spells, incantations, and embalming, and was mummified in a grand sarcophagus. He was then entombed in a massive pure white pyramid that towered over Khemri. It was by far the largest monument in all of Nehekara. For it had to be, in order to fit the unbelievable amount of treasures, servants, bodyguards, and everything else a true king would need in the afterlife. Even his legions, loyal to their king unto death, marched into massive burial pits at the base of the pyramid and were buried alive to defend their liege. His Herald, Nekaph, was mummified and entombed at the right hand of his king, to continue to serve for all eternity. The tomb was sealed, and magic wards of protection were heaped upon it and maintained by Khemrian priests for over a thousand years. Never would another tomb have such elaborate wardings as the Priest King Settra.

tldr: Ozymandias realizes what's gonna happen to his statues and decides to become The Mummy

Part 2: The Time of Kings and the Rise of the Liche Priests

Following the death of Settra, no successor was ever again able to hold the city-states together. Although they did not engage in outright civil war, small skirmishes over resources and pride were common. For hundreds of years, the various city-states rose and fell in stature, the one constant being the huge armies each king raised, each as much for self-defense as for plundering the enemies of Nehekara. Riches continued to be brought back from abroad, gold taken from the nearby dwarfs and lizardmen and slaves from the human barbarians to the north. Greenskins from the Badlands to the north were a constant threat, but the chariots and armies were ready to meet them, and the lands remained secure.

All the while, the Mortuary Cult was hard at work perfecting their rites and advising the kings. The ambition of defeating death was universal among the power-hungry rulers, and so they allowed the cult to continue their work indefinitely. As each generation of priests eventually died, the next continued their work in earnest, until the fifth generation finally could extend their lives indefinitely. The Liche Priests, as they were then known, were in no rush to reveal any of their secrets, as they had come into a position of power and prestige that rivaled that of the kings themselves, and this would continue just as long as the priests were needed to bring them back to life. Furthermore, the art of restoring the dead was still just out of reach, while as the decades passed the priests began to learn the differences between 'never dying' and 'never aging'.

As the priesthood further perfected their magics, the arrogant kings became fixated on immortality. Plundered treasure was spent building increasingly grand and elaborate tombs, each ruler attempting to out-do his predecessor (though none had the sheer audacity to attempt surpassing the Great Pyramid of Settra). Monuments to death soon outnumbered the cities of the living, and the entirety of Nehekara became a culture fixated with death. No expense was spared in preparing for the afterlife. Massive armed statues were built to stand watch over their masters for all time. The ultimate reward for loyal soldiers was mummification, to serve their king in eternity. Symbols of immortality, like skulls, were emblazoned on everything. Necrotects were in charge of constructing the now intricately designed pyramids and crypts, with the greatest among them interred in their works as a reward. Eventually, the majority of the living population was at work maintaining and building the tombs. None who looked upon them could question the majesty and grandeur of the Nehekarans. But it would only take one man to bring the entire civilization to its knees; a young priest from Khemri named Nagash.

tldr: old rear end priests push Nehekara to a skull-based economy

next time: Part 3: The First Necromancer

Thanks for doing these. I always love the Tomb Kings story because Settra is just a guy who knows who he is and never wavers in what he wants to do, which is to rule everything well. Then he does it. Forever. It's only others' ineptitude or treachery that gets in his way.

Plus, I mean, look at their whole thing. Great undead kings from antiquity whose greatest enemy is the eventual God of death. That's pretty fun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SirPhoebos posted:

I can just imagine just using Paranoia scenarios as the basis for a Skaven campaign. "Well half the team died in the failed Abomination test, but the survivors found an equal number of similar-looking Skaven and stuck the warp-stone macguffins in them, so we're all good to go! The Grey Seer says that your next mission will be to guard Clan Skyre's latest creation, the Stealth Bell!"

In the normal game, you get to pick one stat where you rolled below average and assign it an average roll, reasoning that your PC is special and should be at least competent at one thing if you want to be competent at it.

Skaven also have this rule. It is fluffed there as the prior Skaven with the lovely roll being eaten by a slightly better Skaven while growing up, then you play that slightly better one.

They also have a paranoid guessing game encouraging the GM to be capricious in assigning re-rolls instead of the normal plot armor, most of the time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone think CA will also include Nagash as a non-starter LL? (like the Bird-Wizard)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SirPhoebos posted:

Anyone think CA will also include Nagash as a non-starter LL? (like the Bird-Wizard)

His yard was added to the map in ME despite not being part of a province.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Why's it called the desolation of Nagash when it's so far away from where the tomb kings live?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SirPhoebos posted:

I am 90% sure the final battle will feature him as the boss (or as an ally if you're Arkhan) and pretty confident that beating the TK campaign will unlock him as a lord for custom and multiplayer battles, same way you get Sarthorael for beating the Warriors of Chaos campaign, or Boris Todbringer and Red Duke from the mini-campaigns.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Why's it called the desolation of Nagash when it's so far away from where the tomb kings live?

We’ll get there!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Nagash once built a fortress in the mountains I think.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In the present day, the Desolation of Nagash is home to Nagashizzar, pictured below

It’s where a weakened Nagash currently sits brooding, biding his time, all the generic evil mastermind things really.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nagash was basically the end boss of The End Times. Even the Chaos Gods were having issues with him bullshit.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ZearothK posted:

I am 90% sure the final battle will feature him as the boss (or as an ally if you're Arkhan) and pretty confident that beating the TK campaign will unlock him as a lord for custom and multiplayer battles, same way you get Sarthorael for beating the Warriors of Chaos campaign, or Boris Todbringer and Red Duke from the mini-campaigns.

Wait there are LLs you have to unlock?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gridlocked posted:

Nagash was basically the end boss of The End Times. Even the Chaos Gods were having issues with him bullshit.

Didn't he bust in and devour multiple other gods to power himself up? I swear I remember something about him devouring Valaya.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Ynglaur posted:

Wait there are LLs you have to unlock?

Yeah but they can't be used it campaign.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NeurosisHead posted:

Didn't he bust in and devour multiple other gods to power himself up? I swear I remember something about him devouring Valaya.

Iirc he ate some elf god/s and that whole thing of dividing the Winds of Magic up into mortal avatars played night into hid hands as he claimed the avatar of death and went anout sucking up more powers with his combinned TK/VC army

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

For what it's worth, the mountain area north of Lahmia is where Nagash's super death fortress is located.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The biggest thing I want is faster end of turn times in ME.

It is super annoying when you have those streaks where you do nothing but click next. And then wait 2 minutes. And Click next again.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Xae posted:

The biggest thing I want is faster end of turn times in ME.

It is super annoying when you have those streaks where you do nothing but click next. And then wait 2 minutes. And Click next again.

Are you on an SSD? It takes like 30 seconds at the absolute most for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I think I found the next thread title: