Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You know a thought just hit. He is going to withdraw from the UN over this.

Which fucks over Israel because their biggest benefactor is gone?

LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm still :psyduck: ing over there being a region of this country that still uses paper loving ballots in TYOOL 2017 when I've been using an electronic voting machine in Bumfuck, Georgia since Bush Jr. was in office.

electronic voting is a really bad idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Mods are people too guys.

incorrect

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zophar posted:

By many accounts DeVos is miserable in her position and the heat *is* getting to her, fwiw.

loving over students who owe money for fraudulent degrees probably made her feel better.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

The Republicans are out of their goddamned minds...

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/943852014055944192

The Mueller investigation must be scaring the poo poo out of them.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

I hear Obama's former Secretary of State even tried to become President herself.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Dick Trauma posted:

So I guess in addition to a couple of cracked ribs, that angry neighbor doled out some severe brain damage as well.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Reik posted:

I hear Obama's former Secretary of State even tried to become President herself.
I try not to empty quote often, but I like this. Hell, I'd even take the time to hold down the like button and choose that little heart icon.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

Rumors are they started following the money.

So yeah, pretty much everyone in Washington is making GBS threads their pants.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fart City posted:

So I guess in addition to a couple of cracked ribs, that angry neighbor doled out some severe brain damage as well.

That's always been there - the neighbor was actually hoping to knock some sense into him.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dbukalski posted:

It wouldnt be so expensive if a large portion of american, and by default the worlds, wealth wasnt concentrated in nyc

And Des Moines would be more interesting to live in if the whole city flew. What's your point?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm all for breaking the tradition of not investigating or prosecuting previous administrations for crimes. Obama's team will be exonerated, if anything ever even makes it to court, and then Trump's administration can get raked over the coals in a few years.

Too bad it's coming too late to go after W's people about war crimes, though.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

It oughta be possible for everyone to early vote by absentee ballot. Just fill it out and mail it in or whatever.

Got a link to a video that doesn't feature someone I want to punch in the face the moment they start speaking?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Fulchrum posted:

And Des Moines would be more interesting to live in if the whole city flew. What's your point?

I mean, even then you'd just have a slightly higher view of... Iowa

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

Fart City posted:

That's a pre-existing condition. :rimshot:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

I’m so glad they finally got their tax cuts passed so they can finally stop pretending to bow to Trump and are now free to start expressing publicly how much they all actually hate Trump like the Beltway press says they do in private— Where is everyone going? COME BACK!!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
https://politics.theonion.com/paul-ryan-slits-auto-mechanic-s-throat-to-kick-off-gop-1821475569

quote:

WASHINGTON—Grinning proudly as blood gushed from his victim’s windpipe, House Speaker Paul Ryan reportedly slit an auto mechanic’s throat Wednesday to kick off the GOP purge of the working class. “With our tax reform bill giving us the mandate we have long desired, there’s nothing stopping us now—commence the bloodletting!” said Ryan, holding up the lifeless body of the local blue-collar worker as blood from his severed arteries sprayed reporters gathered at the press conference. “Now we can finally experience the sweet release of all our pent-up hatred of the parasitic working class without fear of punishment or retribution. The blood of the filthy proletariat will flow in the streets, and the families of truck drivers, nurses, and retail employees all over the nation will know our wrath. No one making under $50,000 a year is safe. Today, the American economy will be put back on the right track, and the liquidation begins!” At press time, blood-drenched Republican senators Bob Corker and Lisa Murkowski were seen sprinting into a Baltimore Walmart wielding machetes.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
Speaking of Rand Paul, a few hours ago he tweeted this gem:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/943864332777086976?s=17

After being part of the Obama obstruction team :lol:

We need to start teaching children that Republicans should never be trusted about anything, ever.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m so glad they finally got their tax cuts passed so they can finally stop pretending to bow to Trump and are now free to start expressing publicly how much they all actually hate Trump like the Beltway press says they do in private— Where is everyone going? COME BACK!!

He still needs to sign it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

If they keep doing poo poo like Rand Paul's tweet they're going to have Democrats polling at like +30 nationally at this point lol. Going after Hillary is one thing since everyone hates her but Obama? Good luck with that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The best parts of this are the people who are crying crocodile tears at how violent it is which is inappropriate and the people who think it's satirizing the idea that the new tax plan is going to end up killing people.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crow Jane posted:

I mean, even then you'd just have a slightly higher view of... Iowa

No, it could fly away from Iowa.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

No, it could fly away from Iowa.

It would still have to fly pretty far to find anything interesting

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A lovely Reporter posted:

Now the official thread stance.

You don't speak for me.

#WeMustDissent

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

RasperFat posted:

Speaking of Rand Paul, a few hours ago he tweeted this gem:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/943864332777086976?s=17

After being part of the Obama obstruction team :lol:

We need to start teaching children that Republicans should never be trusted about anything, ever.

There's fairly compelling statistical evidence that teaching children not to trust Republicans would cut down on child molestation rates. :smith:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm all for breaking the tradition of not investigating or prosecuting previous administrations for crimes. Obama's team will be exonerated, if anything ever even makes it to court, and then Trump's administration can get raked over the coals in a few years.

Too bad it's coming too late to go after W's people about war crimes, though.
When Podesta's brother got caught up in Mueller's investigation, my conservative sister posted something along the lines of "Maybe liberals shouldn't have been so eager to investigate all this Russia stuff". They really expect us to have the same world view as them, which is "blindly believe that our guys can't possibly be bad". If Obama's admin did something wrong here (spoiler: they didn't), I'm cool with them getting a cell next to some of team Trump. Same for every time they threaten to investigate Clinton. It's dumb, but if it makes you feel better, have at it. And if you actually uncover something, cool. People who commit crimes should be punished. I'm like, for that.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Liquid Communism posted:

There's fairly compelling statistical evidence that teaching children not to trust Republicans would cut down on child molestation rates. :smith:

It shouldn’t be that hard with the MAGA crowd proudly being like:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

She has never even seen a tax form in person, let alone filled one out. Regardless, the only real "simplification" that was done was removal of the personal exemption IIRC. Most people fill out a 2 page 1040 or 1040EZ in the first place.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

RasperFat posted:

It shouldn’t be that hard with the MAGA crowd proudly being like:

I probably don't really want to know this, but... where does the jar of pickles fit in?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

RandomBlue posted:

She has never even seen a tax form in person, let alone filled one out. Regardless, the only real "simplification" that was done was removal of the personal exemption IIRC. Most people fill out a 2 page 1040 or 1040EZ in the first place.

Trump Senior has been claiming the "post card" thing for years so it's true in his mind and she's therefore gonna repeat it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Slugworth posted:

When Podesta's brother got caught up in Mueller's investigation, my conservative sister posted something along the lines of "Maybe liberals shouldn't have been so eager to investigate all this Russia stuff". They really expect us to have the same world view as them, which is "blindly believe that our guys can't possibly be bad". If Obama's admin did something wrong here (spoiler: they didn't), I'm cool with them getting a cell next to some of team Trump. Same for every time they threaten to investigate Clinton. It's dumb, but if it makes you feel better, have at it. And if you actually uncover something, cool. People who commit crimes should be punished. I'm like, for that.

as incredibly stupid as the Uranium One connection to Clinton is, I'm totally on board with Sessions encouraging the FBI to gently caress up everyone involved in the apparently massive Russian-adjacent nuclear industry corruption web

and in the unlikely event that their stupid Clinton Foundation conspiracy theory holds up and she did in fact single-handedly manipulate a dozen agencies into approving the deal while concealing her fingerprints, well, good job intrepid investigators

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm still :psyduck: ing over there being a region of this country that still uses paper loving ballots in TYOOL 2017 when I've been using an electronic voting machine in Bumfuck, Georgia since Bush Jr. was in office.

Until there's such a time when we have real regulations over voting software that's open, transparent, and can be tested by third parties, sticking to paper ballots is smart.

https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-25/DEF%20CON%2025%20voting%20village%20report.pdf

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

I bet you it's more about their donors. While I bet there are some Republicans that were involved in money laundering or collusion, I get the feeling that people like Paul Ryan are smart enough to keep their hands clean -- even if they know what's going on. But if many these big GOP donors also have their hands in some unscrupulous and anti-american financial dealings, they could all be freaking out at Paul Ryan....

Caros
May 14, 2008

Edit: Pointless argument anyways so gently caress it.

Caros fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 21, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Trump Senior has been claiming the "post card" thing for years so it's true in his mind and she's therefore gonna repeat it.

it's been a republican talking point for ages

it generally means a flat tax + a sales tax which just so happens to gently caress over the poor!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

Seriously excellent news.

oh hey reminder, the cliven bundy jury ended up hung a week or so back.

:thermidor:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

I probably don't really want to know this, but... where does the jar of pickles fit in?

They were cucumbers

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Fart City posted:

I'm glad he got the poo poo kicked out of him. Shows that he is a pussy. The neighbor should have finished the job.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

it's been a republican talking point for ages

it generally means a flat tax + a sales tax which just so happens to gently caress over the poor!

You could do it with automated processing since the government gets everyone's forms anyway, but . . .gently caress you H&R block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
TB chat got covered basically in its entirety in the QQCS thread including the looping arguments and then the DD mod who hit the ban button explaining the entirety of the thought process behind the ban.

• Locked thread