Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I love how people are saying to just play Warframe for a better Destiny experience. Sure it has more content, but the loot system is pretty bad. Plus 3rd person shooting is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mill Village posted:

I love how people are saying to just play Warframe for a better Destiny experience. Sure it has more content, but the loot system is pretty bad. Plus 3rd person shooting is bad.

you know what rules

deciding i want to use a new warframe that i finally farmed all the blueprints for and then having to wait a day because crafting timers unless i want to pay real money

that's a great game. way better than destiny, imo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

you know what rules

deciding i want to use a new warframe that i finally farmed all the blueprints for and then having to wait a day because crafting timers unless i want to pay real money

that's a great game. way better than destiny, imo

I agree. Hold on a sec, it’s armsday so my sword should be done.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Emron posted:

I agree. Hold on a sec, it’s armsday so my sword should be done.

the armsday sword poo poo was trash and i'm glad they moved away from that obnoxious poo poo. you also couldn't pay real money to speed that up, so i am not sure it's a fair comp.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Legs Benedict posted:

the armsday sword poo poo was trash and i'm glad they moved away from that obnoxious poo poo. you also couldn't pay real money to speed that up, so i am not sure it's a fair comp.

Waiting for armsday once was OK, but there was a quest that required at least 3 armsdays IIRC

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bobby Deluxe posted:

reddit is making GBS threads it's pants over anything they can use as an example of bad AAA gaming since it got all that attention over bf2

Or maybe they are mad a pretty fun and social franchise was sacrificed at the altar of gambling boxes

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
destiny 2 is good i'm sorry you and your horde of mongrel circlejerkers can't six-stack shocklock shotgun people ad infinitem anymore

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i don't spend a billion spacebucks i'll need to wait a week to get the gameplay-useless reindeer helmet on my space warrior this is truly p2w

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if i don't spend a billion spacebucks i'll need to wait a week to get the gameplay-useless reindeer helmet on my space warrior this is truly p2w

The Stag isn't useless?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
yeah it's totally a weird coincidence that the best looking and most detailed armor sets are sold for realbux

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Destiny is good eververse is bad

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

haveblue posted:

Last year it had an SRL season, strike scoring, the record book, and Icebreaker. This year it's mayhem, snowballs (which is a legit great addition and I will miss them), and a bunch of eververse items.

Ahh I was bored of RoI by then so wasn't playing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Destiny is good eververse is bad

Destiny is eververse now, sorry for your loss

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

RIP me

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
What is worse destiny 2 or the new star wars movie?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I love to apply the F2P + Cash shop model to a game that cost 60 USD to purchase

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

texaholic posted:

as a fan of both, definitely Destiny 2

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

texaholic posted:

Destiny 2 sucks and new Star Wars is great

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

The Stag isn't useless?

I use it for strikes, is fun in strikes :D

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Or maybe they are mad a pretty fun and social franchise was sacrificed at the altar of gambling boxes
obviously theres an underlying legitimacy to their complaints but the overreacting part comes from wanting to keep the anti microtransaction stuff going as long as humanly possible, and thats led them to a fairly insane place in terms of misinterpreting every idiotic mistake as a sinister cash grab

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

texaholic posted:

Destiny 2 is like a friend who used to be fun and great who has slowly slipped into their unreliable, exasperating cokehead phase. You know there's something good in there, but you can only find it for twenty minutes at a time sandwiched between three hours of frustrating disappointment and repeated attempts at hitting you up for money, all of which would go away if they looked in a fuckin mirror like ever

The Last Jedi is like your friend who was pretty cool and then did a couple years of college abroad and came back super hot and stylish and interesting and fun

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Glad I got the Winter Cloak from doing the daily gift quest thing on Day 3. Looking for planetary materials is the worst, even with keen scout. Does the sniper range trick still work?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

Glad I got the Winter Cloak from doing the daily gift quest thing on Day 3. Looking for planetary materials is the worst, even with keen scout. Does the sniper range trick still work?

Yes.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SlimGoodbody posted:

Destiny 2 is like a friend who used to be fun and great who has slowly slipped into their unreliable, exasperating cokehead phase. You know there's something good in there, but you can only find it for twenty minutes at a time sandwiched between three hours of frustrating disappointment and repeated attempts at hitting you up for money, all of which would go away if they looked in a fuckin mirror like ever

The Last Jedi is like your friend who was pretty cool and then did a couple years of college abroad and came back super hot and stylish and interesting and fun

This is a good post

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bobby Deluxe posted:

obviously theres an underlying legitimacy to their complaints but the overreacting part comes from wanting to keep the anti microtransaction stuff going as long as humanly possible, and thats led them to a fairly insane place in terms of misinterpreting every idiotic mistake as a sinister cash grab

New flash: bungies fuckups tend to be both simultaneously

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Does anyone still get gifts of bright dust from rank up tess packages?

Dont think i have gotten one in the past 10. Not sure if bungie has tightened the screws or its directly correlated to me hoarding dust? I have about 8k dust.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I have never used actual money in game fyi. gently caress that

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

CheeseFactory posted:

I have never used actual money in game fyi. gently caress that

I think the last time I got a gift of dust was 2 weeks ago. since then it's been mostly ghosts and Sparrows.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Including the $50 I spent on Silver at launch, I've probably gotten Gift of Bright Dust (of any size, period) 2 or maybe 3 times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of dinklebots I'm really not a fan of these rounded ones.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Does anyone still get gifts of bright dust from rank up tess packages?

Dont think i have gotten one in the past 10. Not sure if bungie has tightened the screws or its directly correlated to me hoarding dust? I have about 8k dust.

I have gotten two gifts of dust, both small, since launch.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Getting straight up dust seemed pretty rare at release, I think I only got 2 or 3 batches, one of them large the whole time I was playing the game a lot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dang, I mean, I've spent money but have also farmed tons of Well-Rested Brights, and have gotten small gift a dozen times, medium maybe three times, and huge maybe 6 times? Last huge was a week and a half ago, probably. I've also gotten everything I want from the store, most by rng. My D2 rng overall has been absolutely spectacular so that plus me spending cash probably disqualifies me in some way. :shrug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Tt6Zff4.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 21, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

these gifts are the saving grace of the destiny thread

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
destiny 2 is consistently good and fun. i never come close to falling asleep.

the last jedi is pretty good. i almost fell asleep but i didn't.

blade runner 2049 was below average. i slept through about half the movie.

brave and the walking dead video game are insanely bad. i slept through most of them.

i call this my sleepy scale.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
getting rammed in my rear end is insanely good. it actually gets me super awake/woke.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

jesus lmao

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

:captainpop::chanpop::popeye::shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of dinklebots I'm really not a fan of these rounded ones.

Yeah t they're weirdly round like cars from 2002