Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
First it's technical difficulties. Then Jared says his house got flooded AND someone else got into an accident. Now someone made him delete those tweets.

START THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Shigeru Miyamoto probably posted:

A rushed presentation is forever bad. A delayed presentation is probably the dirty work of mentally-ill Goons. Oh, and buy a Completionist package!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

PederP posted:

Uh, the car crash and water main were metaphors...

Sandi's Porsche got repossessed and she cried. A lot.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Drunk Theory posted:

Wait he already deleted those claims about a water main or car accident?

anytime my boss uses those types of excuses the employee who is required for the job is usually siting close by.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

Wait he already deleted those claims about a water main or car accident?

yup. they are gone. Lol

like how bad can u loving be at your goddamn job

CIG hire me as CEO and ill right lease both games in less than 24 months lol

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Oh no, they discovered me, the dangerous, severely mentally ill psychopath who has infiltrated CIG and has done her best to ensure that their holiday special has been delayed exactly 24 hours for reasons. Obviously crazy, insane reasons, but I did it all for the lulz. Brb, tending to my hacking and DDoS attacks.

WTF? The Titanic just outed herself as Sandi!

Devious.

We have been play, run goons, run!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Lladre posted:

Please get a selfie with whoever lives in the camper parked on the side road.
(It's Toast)

is that like a van down by the river?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The NMS flood:

quote:

So… our office flooded late on Christmas Eve.

Wow what a coincidence.

Show us yours, CIG.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol here comes the "our lawyers won't allow us to show you anything" as the entire project goes kickstarter dark for the next six months

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7lcln1/all_isnt_as_it_seems_im_going_to_reserve_my/

dead

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
FLUD

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even without a presentation hilarity finds a way.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Bayonnefrog posted:

I bought a bunch of DLC for Europa Universalis IV. Highly recommend. Fantastic game.

Paradox games are my great weakness. I love them and will buy every bit of DLC, but I am utterly shite at them sadly.

Stellaris has been keeping me up way too late recently...

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Why does everyone think he was being literate? He's using metaphors to say it wasn't lack of preparation but multiple unexpected issues with the build being broken. Of course he's deleting them, the only way to correct the backers who think he's being literal is to spell out in big letters that the "game" is B R O K E N.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is the part where CIG is really glad they hired superfans instead of people with actual PR experience.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Rad Russian posted:

First it's technical difficulties. Then Jared says his house got flooded AND someone else got into an accident. Now someone made him delete those tweets.

START THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

Here's mine: an emergency injunction was put into play because SQ42 is the very property CryTek is suing over, and advertising it in this way would complicate the lawsuit even more since it would be followed by "pledges" that would be, according to the demands, partially CryTek's cash. So they're refactoring the show to only use old footage and taking out all the interwoven sales that were peppered throughout. :tinfoil:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Looks like CIG solved their spin issues.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's all just a den of liars.

We aren't going to see poo poo tomorrow either.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

:five: beautiful

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

intardnation posted:

is that like a van down by the river?

Sort of. There's been a camper parked outside their office that hasn't moved since they moved in. They have solar panels on top of the thing and everything.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
please let them do a 100% rebroadcast of the original morrow tour lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Sort of. There's been a camper parked outside their office that hasn't moved since they moved in. They have solar panels on top of the thing and everything.

that's my LA office

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Here's mine: an emergency injunction was put into play because SQ42 is the very property CryTek is suing over, and advertising it in this way would complicate the lawsuit even more since it would be followed by "pledges" that would be, according to the demands, partially CryTek's cash. So they're refactoring the show to only use old footage and taking out all the interwoven sales that were peppered throughout. :tinfoil:

+42 #MeR2D2

BINGO

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Scruffpuff posted:

If any kind of injunction gets put into play, I would laugh so hard. "Let's have a holiday stream promoting Chris' baby with more bullshit and...what? What do you mean we'll go to jail if we show any of it now?! How are we supposed to milk the whales?!"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Tomorrow's stream.

"Unfortunately, the technical issues persist. Instead, please enjoy this complimentary screening of "American Satan: The Unrated Director's Cut"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

lol

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

XK posted:

It's all just a den of liars.

We aren't going to see poo poo tomorrow either.

I mean they've lied for so long that they can't even tell the truth about a loving stream delay to backers who gave them millions. Most open development ever.

I mean people that are still in the camp of "it's not a total scam, they're trying their best and are just really incompetent!" gotta raise an eyebrow over yet another instance of blatant lying and avoiding any straight answers.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 21, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

This is my new favorite r/starcitizen thread. It's so beautiful.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Golli posted:

Tomorrow's stream.

"Unfortunately, the technical issues persist. Instead, please enjoy this complimentary screening of "American Satan: The Unrated Director's Cut"

The unrated version just improves on the original by removing Sandi's name from the closing credits as well.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
This is the Ciggiest thing that's ever Cigged. The dog ate their livestream! The livestream's grandma died, press F4 to pay respects.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Given previous experience with poo poo like this, almost assuredly someone (Crobberts?) probably said "fix these two minor things for the stream tomorrow" yesterday, and the devs with basically no sleep, etc. broke like _everything_ instead and there was no time to roll back before the live stream started.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Scruffpuff posted:

The unrated version just improves on the original by removing Sandi's name from the closing credits as well.

Sorry, can't think of anything involving Sandi in some way (even if only by rumor) being unrated as not also containing the collection of her tickle fetish videos.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sarsapariller posted:

Q: How much of this script is people sassing their mechanics?
A: All of it.

[Graham Yury]: "Make sure you check the landing stabilizers, Farneway. She looked like she was coming in a little heavy."
[Becca Farneway]: "Web puts you in charge for a one shift, and all of a sudden I'm Farneway?"
[Graham Yury]: "Professional formality is important for the chain of command. You should be probably calling me sir."
[Becca Farneway]: "You're an rear end, sir."
[Graham Yury]: "How many s's are there in court marshalled?"
[Becca Farneway]: "Ha ha. You were right about the stabilizers, though. I'll start the rebalancing protocols."

Is that a minor typo which occurred during a goon transcription of some audio, or did the original scriptwriter try to write some "witty repartee" without realizing they misspelled court martial?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Chris has been speaking about features in metaphor the past 5 years, checkmate goonies :smuggo:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Oh. Metaphor! Kinda like "my dog ate my homework" or "a key programmer broke both his wrists." Gotcha. Glad Disco Hobo covered that one.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I had to explain the validity behind of a holiday production code freeze to my boss on Dec 18th. I imagine someone at CIG lost that same argument.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even without a presentation hilarity finds a way.

I need a photshop. :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol the only way there would be a code freeze at CIG is if they y servers were left out in a blizzard lol