Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

papa_november posted:

obama was a palette swap of bill clinton with bush ii's moveset. this was obvious six months in. hilldawg murdered the best-dressed dictator on our planet, an eccentric grandpa with no ability to project violence beyond his own borders. this in turn turned libya into a gigantic al-queda training camp. the next half of the administration was spent propping up literal nazis on russia's front doorstep

almost no part of bobdolecare resembled a victory for the single payer crowd and actively sabotaged the movement into near-oblivion. the entire obama administration was 8 years of almost uninterrupted ratfucking, capped off by an election that somehow managed to be even more fixed than 2000

Sir, this is a McDonald's Drive-Thru

Bannon and I have a spiritual link. Obama should have dropped a H-bomb on Raqqa when ISIS declared their caliphate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/943932182711754752

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

goddamn news nerdlingers can't even tell when a dude is partying no wonder americans distrust the media

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I too go on Wikipedia walkabout when I can’t sleep/am bored at work.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I mean yeah Moore was a pedo but Bannon spearheaded the campaign that lost a US senate seat in alabama
in this hyperpolarized national environment
that’s like those achievements games give you for dying in the tutorial or something

yeah. bannon is hosed in the mainstream. for now at least.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Steve Bannon, storming from end to end of living room with crushed adderall powder under his nose: "And furthermore if you look at the third, ninth, and seventeenth turnings you see that it's only homogeneous with a clear identity and set of shared values that can overcome adversity and avoid collapsing. But the ninth, twelfth, and eleventeenth turnings..."

Vanity Fair reporter, nodding sincerely, thinking: "My god, this man is a savage intellectual monolith."

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The New Yorker has a piece on Turning Point and how their funding and actions are probably breaking campaign finance laws.

quote:

As Turning Point’s profile has risen, so has scrutiny of its funding and tactics. Internal documents that I obtained, as well as interviews with former employees, suggest that the group may have skirted campaign-finance laws that bar charitable organizations from participating in political activity. Former employees say that they were directed to work with prominent conservatives, including the wife of the Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, in aid of Republican Presidential candidates in 2016. Perhaps most troubling for an organization that holds up conservatives as the real victims of discrimination in America, Turning Point USA is also alleged to have fostered an atmosphere that is hostile to minorities. Screenshots provided to me by a source show that Crystal Clanton, who served until last summer as the group’s national field director, sent a text message to another Turning Point employee saying, “I HATE BLACK PEOPLE. Like gently caress them all . . . I hate blacks. End of story.”

quote:

Former Turning Point employees say that the organization was a difficult workplace and rife with tension, some of it racial. Gabrielle Fequiere, a former Turning Point employee, told me that she was the only African-American hired as a field director when she worked with the group, three years ago. “In looking back, I think it was racist,” she said. “At the time, I was blaming myself, and I thought I did something wrong.” Fequiere, who now works as a model, recalled that the young black recruits that she brought into the organization suddenly found themselves disinvited from the group’s annual student summit, and that when she herself attended, she watched speakers there who “spoke badly about black women having all these babies out of wedlock. It was really offensive.” (Kirk, through a spokesman, denied that any such incidents occurred, and said, “These accusations are absolutely baseless and even absurd.”)

Fequiere said that Clanton fired her on Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, on the grounds that she was not performing her job well. “I was the only black American employee they had, and they fired me on M.L.K. Day—it was so rude!” Fequiere told me. She added, “I felt very uncomfortable working there because I was black,” but she said she had seen white employees mistreated, as well. “My Democratic friends had told me that some Republicans didn’t care about the poor and minorities, and I thought it wasn’t true, but then I found the people they were talking about!”

quote:

“Crystal gave Ginni Thomas my private mailing address without my permission,” Hall recalled. “They gave out employees’ personal information to the wife of a Supreme Court Justice.” The next thing she knew, she said, hundreds of Cruz placards arrived at her home. “We threw them out,” Hall said. She was a Cruz supporter, but, she says, “We wanted to volunteer on our own terms, not to give in to pressure from a boss. I felt that if it wasn’t crossing a legal line, it was crossing a professional one.”

quote:

In a phone interview, Kirk declined to identify the donors who have supplied his group’s eight-million-dollar-plus annual budget, noting that many prefer to remain anonymous. But Kirk has spoken and fund-raised at various closed-door energy-industry gatherings, including those of the 2017 board meeting of the National Mining Association and the 2016 annual meeting of the Independent Petroleum Association of America. In our interview, Kirk acknowledged that some of his donors “are in the fossil-fuel space.”

Kirk’s ties to fossil-fuel magnates are controversial because Turning Point has helped organize opposition on campuses to students calling for schools to divest from fossil-fuel companies. Turning Point distributed a guide for college students with a foreword by Kirk, titled “10 Ways Fossil Fuels Improve Our Daily Lives.” In it, he argues, “Across the nation, college students are clamoring for their campuses to divest from fossil fuel . . . students are indoctrinated to believe the myth that fossil fuels are dirty and renewable energy is a plausible alternative . . . ” Turning Point, which also runs an online “Professor Watch List” that targets professors it believes are liberal, blamed “leftist professors” in its booklet for having “perpetuated” these “myths.” In the interview, Kirk told me that “We think targeting fossil fuels is rather unfair, and it is not really in the best interests of the universities to favor one type of political agenda over another.” It’s a message that “went great,” he said, when he delivered it at energy-industry meetings

quote:

Once in control of student governments, the brochure says, Turning Point expects its allied campus leaders to follow a set political agenda. Among its planks are the defunding of progressive organizations on campus, the implementation of “free speech” policies eliminating barriers to hate speech, and the blocking of all campus “boycott, divestment and sanctions” movements. Turning Point’s agenda also calls for the student leaders it empowers to use student resources to host speakers and forums promoting “American Exceptionalism and Free Market ideals on campus.”

quote:

Andy MacCracken, the executive director of the National Campus Leadership Council, said he worries that campus elections are “particularly vulnerable” to outside money, “because there aren’t really any standard rules.” MacCracken says it’s been “shocking to see how much of an operation there is from Turning Point,” adding that “there’s really nothing comparable that I’m aware of from left-wing groups.” The push, he suggested, reflects a recognition on the part of conservatives about the future value of student leaders. “I can totally imagine they’re thinking that if we can win this on campuses, they will be the thought leaders down the road. This is a way to win it efficiently at the start. The challenge, though,” he says, “is that so much of this is in the dark.”

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

paranoid randroid posted:

Steve Bannon, storming from end to end of living room with crushed adderall powder under his nose: "And furthermore if you look at the third, ninth, and seventeenth turnings you see that it's only homogeneous with a clear identity and set of shared values that can overcome adversity and avoid collapsing. But the ninth, twelfth, and eleventeenth turnings..."

Vanity Fair reporter, nodding sincerely, thinking: "My god, this man is a savage intellectual monolith."

I kind of want to print this post out and frame it. it’s really good.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bannon owns the first thing about him i heard was some dipshit journo saying hes smart and read the art of war because if you've ever read a book your an automatic genius

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

codenameFANGIO posted:

I can’t believe these morons are going forward with “soyboy” like that actually hurts people’s feelings and makes them sound smart, when it sounds even dumber than “snowflake”

It's tough to come up with new insults that hurt people who don't think like you when you lack all empathy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

media dumbasses only read blogposts by other media dumbasses where they recite each others' blog posts whose points were originally fed to them by some think tank dipshit so anyone who's opened a book since college is a brain genius to them

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Do wannabee strategist masters try to write their own Art of War or The Prince handbooks because that seems ripe for laughs.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

snoremac posted:

Do wannabee strategist masters try to write their own Art of War or The Prince handbooks because that seems ripe for laughs.

the prince is the ultimate book for immediatly getting someones measure cause if they brag about you automatically know their a jackass

its double funny because when Machiavelli actually ruled a city he ate poo poo and got conquered within like a year lmao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loving vanity fair nerd has never been around a guy on coke before

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Vanity Fair Writer: "I've heard you described as a voracious reader..."

Bannon, wearing a victorian nightshirt stained with mustard over 30% of its surface: "Oh yeah I devour books. Literally devour 'em. I tear out each page when I'm done reading it and eat it. It's like eating the author's heart; it gives you their power."

Writer: "I see. And would you say that—"

Bannon: "I haven't taken a poo poo in two weeks."

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Darkman Fanpage posted:

loving vanity fair nerd has never been around a guy on coke before

most journalists haven't been around a guy on coke or they would have called out trump for that poo poo during the debates

more journalists need to follow the path of hst

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Futuresight posted:

It's tough to come up with new insults that hurt people who don't think like you when you lack all empathy.

They can only come up with so many new ways to call someone a human being, and that's ultimately what their arsenal of pejoratives always comes back to.

Well, for men at least.

Bannon, wearing a victorian nightshirt stained with mustard over 30% of its surface: "Oh yeah I devour books. Literally devour 'em. I tear out each page when I'm done reading it and eat it. It's like eating the author's heart; it gives you their power."

Reporter: "So if you could, Mr. Bannon, please describe for us your vision for the right in 2018"

Literal pile of garbage, heaped up against an overflowing dumpter:

Reporter: "Wow. Such towering insight."

Bannon, emerging from nearby manhole with what look suspiciously tail-like disappearing into his mouth: "Sorry I'm late, the rats fought me harder than usual today. So, what did you want to talk about?"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

like prison planet

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

McGlockenshire posted:

the implementation of “free speech” policies eliminating barriers to hate speech, and the blocking of all campus “boycott, divestment and sanctions” movements

:thunk:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

drat I initially thought he actually did a freestyle rap about Hillary Clinton

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dreddout posted:

drat I initially thought he actually did a freestyle rap about Hillary Clinton

According to the unproduced script, the Blood subsequently “crosses to Brutus and grabs his crotch.”

“Hey, motherfucker, YOU—what you think—YOU—as the great dick of this… assembly?” Agrippa asks.

“Did you call me…” Brutus replies.

“A dick,” Agrippa says, cutting him off, “in his face.”

“You motherfucker…” Brutus responds.

Agrippa grasps at Brutus’s penis, one extra time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

2000 kids who have never felt the sting of disappointment or the pain of a splinter have now pledged to lay down their lives in bloody combat for...

[checks notes] "the diaper boy"

your move, libtards

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

If those 2000 kids start wearing diapers, then I'll believe him.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i dream of a future where all 21 million college students in the US poo poo in their diapers

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Literally, who?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Talk is cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHz9it70TdI

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Terri Gross noooooo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHz9it70TdI&t=2718s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
McDowell take your loving meds

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

McDowell take your loving meds

lmao piss off. America is the land of cults, liberal secularism had its time of dominance and now it is dying.

still waiting on that permaban.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
none of that excuses you from not taking your loving meds McDowell

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

wtf is going on

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nothing new under the sun, pending the martyrdom of Charlie Kirk and 2000 others - a new American Record.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol at anyone fellating Steev Beenan

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Its always shocking just how far right wing groups are willing to flaut the law, and cheat, and lie, when the entire system is basically already in their favor anyway.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also how everything seems to have a nefarious plan behind it, to screw everyone else over the instant they get any power.

Student politics is always stupid poo poo but this is probably a new low.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

Its always shocking just how far right wing groups are willing to flaut the law, and cheat, and lie, when the entire system is basically already in their favor anyway.

Is it though? They know they won't face repercussions, that's the whole point.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Phlegmatist posted:

https://twitter.com/RAMRANTS/status/943727742411034624

it's not really that they ran out of libs to trigger, it's that it was inevitable since the alt-right had no coherent political ideology other than racism and triggering libs

so you get a bunch of traditional catholics/orthodox, hardcore anti-theists, insane ancap/libertarians, fascist authoritarians, traditional moralist absolutists and "we need to talk about the morality of pedophilia" relativists into the same group united by misanthropy and it was only a matter of time before they started eating their own for not being the "real alt-right"

e: also their love of conspiracy theories didn't do much to help them

This dude has an 80 tweet chain calling Joe Biden a pedophile for standard grandpa behaviour. I feel sad for a person who sees an old person smelling a child's hair and their first thought is "pedo!" Are they an orphan? have they never had a grandparent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I don’t know anything about these tweets or what exactly Biden did but smelling anyone’s hair is weird as all hell