Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The 30,000 leather I picked up from a trader outside of Riften begs to differ :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

The 30,000 leather I picked up from a trader outside of Riften begs to differ :colbert:

I mean you can find good deals at random traders, but I generally don't go out of my way to look for them, did you use TTC or do you really run around and check the random dumpster traders in every zone?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

MF_James posted:

crosshair? There's a crosshair?

It's really hard to miss.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Sun-in-Shadow is a precious cinnamon bun who did nothing wrong.

I see her having a promising career.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
She can't help who she was born as, and she can't help what she was born into. But I'll be damned if she won't let either stop her.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

That reminds me, if pickpocketed items weren't bind on pickup I would have stuck this in the bank for everyone to enjoy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I checked the comments on the skyshards app and it seems like everyone is getting the same error now where the icon doesn’t display. Sadly it also looks like it’s not being updated anymore.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

MF_James posted:

I mean you can find good deals at random traders, but I generally don't go out of my way to look for them, did you use TTC or do you really run around and check the random dumpster traders in every zone?

There are some known Trade Guilds that house, let's call them suspicious individuals. Frequently at those Traders you can find dozens of these individuals offloading 6,000 unrefined leather split between Rawhide and Rubedo for, pick a number 40, 60, sometimes 80 percent off the TTC price.

Now it might legitimately just be a couple dozen dudes who all farm leather and price identically because they're true friends of the consumer, or it might be bots offloading cheap leather to make Gold to sell it, either way it's a drat good deal.

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 20, 2017

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Aramek posted:

She can't help who she was born as, and she can't help what she was born into. But I'll be damned if she won't let either stop her.

Just played through that quest line and was blown away at how good it was. Really good writing for a friggin mmo quest. I love that she embodies Telvanni so much in her character.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Bustycops posted:

There are some known Trade Guilds that house, let's call them suspicious individuals. Frequently at those Traders you can find dozens of these individuals offloading 6,000 unrefined leather split between Rawhide and Rubedo for, pick a number 40, 60, sometimes 80 percent off the TTC price.

Now it might legitimately just be a couple dozen dudes who all farm leather and price identically because they're true friends of the consumer, or it might be bots offloading cheap leather to make Gold to sell it, either way it's a drat good deal.

I've gotten some killer deals from shady bot fellows as well. And I believe it was also in Riften.

That said, I actually very much like the trading system in this game for a number of reasons. Chiefly though, I like that it doesn't allow bots and asian gold farmers to flood the entire market with undercut everything.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Snowy posted:

I checked the comments on the skyshards app and it seems like everyone is getting the same error now where the icon doesn’t display. Sadly it also looks like it’s not being updated anymore.

Maybe you're looking on the wrong site. That and a lot of other addons are only being actively updated on ESO UI.
I'm used to going to Nexus for mods for every game, but ESO modders seem to have largely abandoned it.

I can confirm that as of *right now* the latest version I got on ESO UI works flawlessly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah, skyshards DEFINITELY works, you might have a weird/old version that isn't maintained and you aren't on the new fork or whatever a new guy made.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That’s the site I used, the comments here all day the same thing I think. I just tried installing only skyshards and no other addons and it still didn’t work :shrug:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html#comments

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Have you tried going into the addon settings and selecting different icons?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to gently caress the celestial warrior

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I like that he yells the things/moves he's doing. He's an anime in a world of Elder Scrolls.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Have you tried going into the addon settings and selecting different icons?

Yeah, I tried changing everything i could in the add on settings but nothing ever showed up. Once I read all those comments I pretty much gave up since at least the mouseover works.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
The skyshards thing is weird, I installed it about 2 weeks ago and it works fine for me. Do you have a lot of other addons installed?

e: I've only tried it on Vvardenfell though

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 21, 2017

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Skyshards works fine for me. Maybe it has to do with the icon chosen. :shrug:

This game can be real pretty:

No fortress is complete without a strong message to the noble houses:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

valuum posted:

The skyshards thing is weird, I installed it about 2 weeks ago and it works fine for me. Do you have a lot of other addons installed?

e: I've only tried it on Vvardenfell though

No I tried uninstalling all the other addons and using the other icons. Pretty much gave up on that by now :smith:

E- unless somehow you guys are using a different version than this one?

Snowy fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 21, 2017

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You know, I'm noticing a pattern. People who have a nice, clean, new install say it's broken. People who have been using it for ages say the new version works fine.

I can't speak for others, but I had an old version of SkyShards off the Nexus installed from the last time I played, ages ago, which still worked, and then I updated to the new one from ESO UI (because it added expansion areas), and that's working great. It's possible they left some kind of necessary file out of the new version, but I still had it from the old install. Try installing the old un-updated one from the Nexus, and test that to see if it works (remember to test a vanilla location). If it does, try installing the new one on top of it; like drop it in your addons folder and overwrite, but don't remove the old version. Could be you need some part of the old one.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only been playing for a month or so and the addon's fine for me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Are you guys with broken skyshards using the 64-bit version of ESO? How about the guys with a working version? I'm running the 32-bit and it works fine

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
I'm running the Steam x64 version, new install as of about two weeks ago, and it works fine.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
New install of ESO, new skyshards, Win7, 64-bit, not on steam, working fine. Using the version Snowy linked. Weird stuff.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Well, I'm running 64-bit Steam version on Windows 10 and have zero problems. I'm outta ideas. Maybe call an exorcist?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like crowns are on sale as part of the Steam winter sale. Anywhere from 25% to 50% off with the larger packs getting the bigger discounts. Just $75 for 21000 crowns.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
More importantly, Morrowind is on sale for those (like me) who missed the last sale.

Time to upgrade I suppose.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

valuum posted:

New install of ESO, new skyshards, Win7, 64-bit, not on steam, working fine. Using the version Snowy linked. Weird stuff.

Well son of a bitch. I gave up after reading all the comments on the addon page, but I never realized the 32/64 difference. Sorry about that, didn't want to make that big of a deal about it. I guess the launcher goes for 32 first? Or so I read. Now I'm starting from the 64 exe and lo and behold, it works.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

MH Knights posted:

Looks like crowns are on sale as part of the Steam winter sale. Anywhere from 25% to 50% off with the larger packs getting the bigger discounts. Just $75 for 21000 crowns.

This is a really good deal. Just what I've been waiting for, really.

Unfortunately, a cursory check of my bank account revealed that Wells Fargo "misplaced" most of my money tonight, and after half an hour on the phone with them it appears to have been a loving clerical error. So I'm not gonna jump on this deal until they sort that out; probably unwise to spend my last $75 on fun bux. But hey, thanks for telling us about this deal, which caused me to glance at my bank account, which caused me to catch the thousands of dollars that just randomly went missing from it for no reason!

And thanks as always to Wells Fargo for being an unbelievable piece of poo poo!

Uh, sorry about the derail here. That's a good deal on crowns, guys! Check it out!

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!
I'm new to the game and would like to join the guild. Can @Cytokinesis105 get an invite?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26275?Game-Director-Letter:-ESO-in-2017-and-Beyond

Transmog, Housing Storage coming in Q1 2018 along with MORE DUNGEONS :black101:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Snowy posted:

Well son of a bitch. I gave up after reading all the comments on the addon page, but I never realized the 32/64 difference. Sorry about that, didn't want to make that big of a deal about it. I guess the launcher goes for 32 first? Or so I read. Now I'm starting from the 64 exe and lo and behold, it works.

Well hey it works, sweet! Well done thread!

MH Knights posted:

If you're not subbing and dont have issues with sitting on tons of crowns without spending them, that 21k deal is fantastic. Merry christmas, me!

valuum fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 22, 2017

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Nice nice can't wait. More interested in the new content + QoL improvements than the cosmetic additions.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Really hoping for a barbershop and better tools for item placement in homes. Everything else looks excellent though, extremely curious about where the new chapter is set.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Oh hell yes to housing storage. I hope one of the QOL improvements is the ability to rearrange the character order on the login screen.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

To be honest I don't know if I'll ever use housing storage when I've got all my poo poo centralized in bank, but maybe it'll be more useful when I've got a few more top level characters under my belt or if I somehow lose eso+.

My immersion etc sure but also usefulness.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
just picked up the game - having fun so far. I would appreciate it if someone could throw a guild invite my way @inkel

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Yeah, can we get invites here, or do we need to go to Discord?

Housing storage would be lovely for non-ESO+ people without the double bank space and 200-slot crafting bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

DrDork posted:

Yeah, can we get invites here, or do we need to go to Discord?
I've sent you an invite.
Given that it really depends on who is online at what time, I think also asking on Discord might be the safer bet since I don't think everyone reads this thread regularly (but everyone can invite).