Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I hope Goto loses to Suzuki and instead of losing all his hair, Suzuki shaves Goto's head to look like Suzuki's head and the spirit of wild sadism enters him and Goto becomes a vicious killer.

Or actually I don't care too much but I like the idea of Suzuki making people look like him :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope the winner shaves the loser's pubes.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Suzuki loses and has to go back to his all white WK9 look.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They should have Goto become a lounge singer that beats up patrons if they talk during his set. Like don't book him to wrestle anymore, just sing and brutalize people. Maybe make it a web series.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strawberry Panda posted:

Good for Kitamura. I like his shark teeth and roided out physique.

This, but unironically.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m just happy I get “Kaze ni Nare” at the Dome because I didn’t last time (WK10).

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Showbuckle dropped a new video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkPQ1qZys

More a hype piece than an essay.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Okada (great) is gonna beat Naito (who sucks)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This, but unironically.

I wasn't being ironic!

Also I watched the Dominion match at 1 a.m. last night. I was on the edge of my seat at 2 a.m., feeling so pumped.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember watching Dominion live, and before the main event started at around 3:45 I was thinking of just going to bed and catching it the next day.

By 5 a.m. I was silently screaming in my room, trying not to wake up my roommates. The One Winged Angel nearfall totally got me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah same, I was tired before it started and at 3 Am I couldn't sleep at all due to that match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Showbuckle dropped a new video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkPQ1qZys

More a hype piece than an essay.

Hey that bit where Naito does Destino is sick as hell qtiyd

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Naito/Okada story is so good, and the way you can trace it back years (whether intended or not) is legitimately amazing.

Is there a good American comp for this? I know Rock is the default answer (blue-chip babyface gets rejected by fans, goes heel, becomes more popular than ever by just being himself), but even Austin wasn't such a constant thorn in his side like Okada is here (mostly because Austin had Vince as his real money-making foil).

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

VJeff posted:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

VJeff posted:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VJeff posted:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

The Naito/Okada story is so good, and the way you can trace it back years (whether intended or not) is legitimately amazing.

Is there a good American comp for this? I know Rock is the default answer (blue-chip babyface gets rejected by fans, goes heel, becomes more popular than ever by just being himself), but even Austin wasn't such a constant thorn in his side like Okada is here (mostly because Austin had Vince as his real money-making foil).

Crow Sting and Hollywood Hogan? Not an exact match, but the dynamics are kind of similar. Although we know it's not how it went in real life, if you just go by what's on-screen you can claim that foreshadowing of Hogan's heel turn go back as far as 94 when the crowd first started turning on him and he had a heelish edge during the Brother Brudai angle. He and Sting were portrayed as fairly close during that period, and of course the metamorphosis into Crow Sting is a direct result of the atmosphere of mistrust and anger the NWO and Hogan's turn in particular caused in the WCW locker room. Once he returns in his new form Sting makes life hell for the NWO, whether he's just haunting them or dragging X-pac into the rafters with him, and it's all about sending a message to the world that the NWO has poisoned that he's not going to accept the status quo Hogan has created, and intends to bring it down by beating him and taking his title.

Like I said, it's not a perfect parallel, especially since parts of Naito's story are in Hogan's part and others are in Sting's part, and the basic heel/face dynamic between Okada and Naito is reversed, but there's more than a few similarities.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

VJeff posted:

:hellyeah:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I'm rewatching the New Year Dash tag match with Omega/Styles vs YOSHI-HASHI/Nakamura. Kenny is so much bigger than YOSHI, even before he put on extra muscle. It really shows how dumb and arbitrary the jr division is.

If the Bucks win at Wrestle Kingdom, I hope the jr tag belts get dissolved.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should merge the tag titles and KES can just go away imo, let GoD do fun spotfests with the existing junior teams

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kitamura is heading to the USA next year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbyn posted:

RoH?

It's probably smart to have one of your Young Lions that's gonna be a future big star put in a situation where he basically has to learn fluent English.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

Big mistake. Just take a glance at the ROH roster and then one at CMLL's. Which group of guys would you trust to hook you with the good stuff?
"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The LA Dojo will be open by then just saying.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kawato is probably the better fit for having a good year in CMLL but man I wanted to will Kitamura onto Puebla shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

The LA Dojo will be open by then just saying.

I read he was sorting out his visa right now though. Is it really that soon?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can't stop watching this

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Destinnnnoooooooo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chono Figure going to slap other less strong figures

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/944388809281568769

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Chono Figure going to slap other less strong figures

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/944388809281568769

Holy poo poo yes. I'm so glad figma is finally doing some Japanese wrestling figures.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

If somebody makes this avatar sized and loop a little tighter I will buy the everloving gently caress out of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's so beautiful :swoon:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'm currently going through the list in the MOTY thread for all the New Japan stuff I've missed out on for the past year, and that BOSJ TAKA/Taichu match was something else

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That match made me like Taichi a lot more.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What happened with ACH in NJPW? Seems like he hasn't been around in a while.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What happened with ACH in NJPW? Seems like he hasn't been around in a while.

Super 69 made it to the finals of the Super Jr tag tourney, which was the last time he would have had a spot for the year. Excuse of how being a junior works. I imagine he'll be back for BOSJ, if not sooner if R3K needs some challengers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gedo was at least a very big fan of ACH at one stage at least. Will ask around after the holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

taguchi listed the taguchi japan members on twitter and included cheeseburger and dragon lee but not ACH which is upsetting imho

• Locked thread