Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I've searched the GTS a few times and I've never even seen a lovely trade on offer. I guess I'll try depositing something and see what happens although I'm not thrilled about getting a hacked one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I'm still kicking myself for missing the 20 anniversary events. There's a lot of event pokemon I don't care that I missed but I wanted a mew.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I've wanted an Arceus since 2007 but it's just never been available at a time I was paying attention to Pokemon :/

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

At least I've got a Celebi now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

after the rave reviews it got in this thread I looked on Amazon for a copy of HGSS and lol at the prices, just, lol

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I've thought about buying heart gold but like...single use TMs. Ugh.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

indigi posted:

after the rave reviews it got in this thread I looked on Amazon for a copy of HGSS and lol at the prices, just, lol

Pretty sure you can still get it for $40 at most Walmarts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

indigi posted:

I've searched the GTS a few times and I've never even seen a lovely trade on offer. I guess I'll try depositing something and see what happens although I'm not thrilled about getting a hacked one
I don't have any hacked ones. What are you willing to offer? And hell if you don't have anything I want I'll give you a shiny for free. Hows that?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

I don't have any hacked ones. What are you willing to offer? And hell if you don't have anything I want I'll give you a shiny for free. Hows that?
Flopsy you're awesome, just wanna float that out here. Mordin made my night.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Flopsy you're awesome, just wanna float that out here. Mordin made my night.

Awww!! Thank you! I'm so glad! I'm a pretty hardcore breeder, I've been at this for over 20 years. So at this point there's very little I want. I'm happy to help out tho :)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Flopsy posted:

I have a shiny Crustle and a shiny fire snail (idk its actual name) and all the legendaries you get from UM (none shiny). I just started playing again when US/UM came out for the first time since Yellow so I ain't got much of poo poo :(

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Awww!! Thank you! I'm so glad! I'm a pretty hardcore breeder, I've been at this for over 20 years. So at this point there's very little I want. I'm happy to help out tho :)
I'm figuring out breeding myself. I bred myself a shiny alolan vulpix and mawile and mimikyu in Moon, and I used the mawile and mimikyu in Ultra Sun. Not sure what I'm going to do next.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PetraCore posted:

I'm figuring out breeding myself. I bred myself a shiny alolan vulpix and mawile and mimikyu in Moon, and I used the mawile and mimikyu in Ultra Sun. Not sure what I'm going to do next.

is there some sort of trick to breeding a shiny jawn

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

is there some sort of trick to breeding a shiny jawn

Use pokemon from games with different native languages (So one Japanese one english etc) and have a Shiny Charm.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zore posted:

Use pokemon from games with different native languages (So one Japanese one english etc) and have a Shiny Charm.

IT's still like a, 1/2000 chance, so put on a good movie or 20.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

indigi posted:

I have a shiny Crustle and a shiny fire snail (idk its actual name) and all the legendaries you get from UM (none shiny). I just started playing again when US/UM came out for the first time since Yellow so I ain't got much of poo poo :(

Tell ya what. I've thought it over a bit and I'll give you one of my Mews. I have two. It's a legit event one so you won't lose it in transfer. The other I'd say is my favorite since I've had it all the way back to Gen 3. And I'll throw in a shiny while I'm at it. Pick one out from the previous page. My contact info is there as well. Please give me your FC and have some throwaway pokemon ready for trade okay? I'll let you know when I'm available. Merry christmas ;)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kurieg posted:

IT's still like a, 1/2000 chance, so put on a good movie or 20.
Yeah I stretch it out. Like, fill up two boxes with eggs, hatch them, then that's my effort for the day. Hilariously I got a shiny Wooper like 9 eggs in but because I was filling up the boxes it was an hour or so before I realized it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Do you think I could get a hacked poipole to fill up the pokedex and then release if I offer a Stakataka? I kinda wanna see if the shiny charm helps me get this legit shiny poipole.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It does not.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Yeah I stretch it out. Like, fill up two boxes with eggs, hatch them, then that's my effort for the day. Hilariously I got a shiny Wooper like 9 eggs in but because I was filling up the boxes it was an hour or so before I realized it.

Also make use of the hot springs at poke pelago to crunch your numbers a bit.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Also make use of the hot springs at poke pelago to crunch your numbers a bit.
Yeah! That's slow but good if you want to take a break for a few days.

The thing I like about shiny breeding and, to be honest, even soft-resetting something like Poipole, is that I can take breaks. I've been trying to get a shiny Poipole for over a week now I think, but not all at once. It's boring but bearable.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kurieg posted:

It does not.
Dangit my spare Porygon-Z already got traded. At least I'll get the nurse clothes a bit early then.

EDIT: Upside is it doesn't look hacked. Not a bad trade.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 22, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Dangit my spare Porygon-Z already got traded. At least I'll get the nurse clothes a bit early then.

EDIT: Upside is it doesn't look hacked. Not a bad trade.

To be fair, having the shiny charm in USUM is good because of Rotom hatch. You can basically skip the "Create box of eggs, then hatch" by using rotom hatch and a flame body pokemon in the lead.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kurieg posted:

To be fair, having the shiny charm in USUM is good because of Rotom hatch. You can basically skip the "Create box of eggs, then hatch" by using rotom hatch and a flame body pokemon in the lead.
Yup! It's still good to have and I'm glad to have it.

I can tell it wasn't a hacked poipole because the nature was terrible and the IVs were super low other than the 3 perfect ones, haha. I like it better this way.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Does the Hyperbolic Tauros Chamber right outside of the daycare still work? Haven't got there yet cause I'm busy S.O.S battling EVERYTHING, but maybe I'll just hatch me some shinies.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kikas posted:

Does the Hyperbolic Tauros Chamber right outside of the daycare still work? Haven't got there yet cause I'm busy S.O.S battling EVERYTHING, but maybe I'll just hatch me some shinies.

Yes it does...and i'm totally using that name from now on.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kikas posted:

yeah it works, it takes like 20 seconds with flame body and roto hatch, it's insane(ly good)

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Try the GTS. Not searching for Mew, you'll find the shittiest trades, send a rare Pokemon yourself, you'll get a hacked Mew.

I don't think that they even allow trades for Mythical Pokémon on the GTS. I have never even seen a listing asking for one -- I think they hide any that are made.

They ban a lot of stuff from the GTS and Wonder Trade. Event Pokémon can't be deposited, and neither can ones from Colosseum or XD. :confused: (I caught that Entei fair and square 13 years ago, why can't I trade it if I want to?!)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah it works, it takes like 20 seconds with flame body and roto hatch, it's insane(ly good)
Popping out baby pokemon like a gatling gun.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
SM's Tauros method is fast, yeah, but I personally prefer the older gens.
Specifically because Tauros method requires you to hold B AND constantly spin the stick. Means I can't browse tumblr or whatever while grinding for shinies, because both my hands are already occupied.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaziken386 posted:

Means I can't browse tumblr or whatever while grinding for shinies, because both my hands are already occupied.

listen to audiobooks

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My only concern with the Tauros breeding method is wear on my circle pad.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I also feel like screen transitions are more burdensome around the Paniola ranch than they were near the X and Y daycare. But like, it's been more than three years since I played Y and I might be wrong.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Specifically because Tauros method requires you to hold B AND constantly spin the stick. Means I can't browse tumblr or whatever while grinding for shinies, because both my hands are already occupied.

i watched youtube while doing it

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

this is why I always use stoutland instead. similar speed with only one hand

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What pokemon should I breed tons of in order to give them away via Wonder Trade on and after Christmas?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Bongo Bill posted:

What pokemon should I breed tons of in order to give them away via Wonder Trade on and after Christmas?

0 IV Delibird.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Holding charcoal.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

something cool.. like a dragon, or something with flames coming out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

I.N.R.I posted:

something cool.. like a dragon, or something with flames coming out of it

I have vague recollections of people breeding eevees in x and y for Christmas. But I guess that's not as big of a deal in USUM.

I'm tempted to do Riolu myself.