Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mr Interweb posted:

78% of Republicans believe the FBI investigation is a plot to destroy the Trump presidency according to CNN. Up from 62% in September.

The entire party has brain worms.

How loaded a term is "plot"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

these are the most satisfying popping vids i've ever seen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks for bringing that to the new page.

Though along with the brain worms post that's a nice note to go to sleep on

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

"The United States Mission to the United Nations quickly issued a statement seeking to portray the outcome as a victory because the vote could have been even more lopsided. It cited the 35 abstentions, coupled with 21 delegations that were absent, representing a significant chunk of the total membership of 193."

Im trying to find words to describe how I feel after reading this but its just not happening.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

"The United States Mission to the United Nations quickly issued a statement seeking to portray the outcome as a victory because the vote could have been even more lopsided. It cited the 35 abstentions, coupled with 21 delegations that were absent, representing a significant chunk of the total membership of 193."

Im trying to find words to describe how I feel after reading this but its just not happening.

"im not owned completely! im not owned completely!"

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

It's the same poo poo you see in combat sports.

"Sure, I lost every minute of the fight, but I did land that one punch"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr Interweb posted:

78% of Republicans believe the FBI investigation is a plot to destroy the Trump presidency according to CNN. Up from 62% in September.

The entire party has brain worms.

Conservative media is fascinating in that they've constructed an entire alternate narrative where pro-Hillary elements of the FBI are still actively conspiring in her favor and against Trump even though there's no credible evidence beyond some guy privately shitposting txts to his mistress and in spite of the fact that the FBI is the most conservative of the 3-letter agencies to the point where Comey did all that fuckery during the election to appease conservative elements.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if seeing conservative media talk poo poo about them all the time and basically accuse them of disloyalty to the country makes them feel, uh, a little less conservative

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Nothus posted:

Conservative media is fascinating in that they've constructed an entire alternate narrative where pro-Hillary elements of the FBI are still actively conspiring in her favor and against Trump even though there's no credible evidence beyond some guy privately shitposting txts to his mistress and in spite of the fact that the FBI is the most conservative of the 3-letter agencies to the point where Comey did all that fuckery during the election to appease conservative elements.

What is astonishing to me is that the people creating this narrative don't seem to see how horribly bad this can turn out if they are successful. I have to think that behind the scenes GOP folks are giving the FBI some sort of assurances.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
You see guys immediately after the 2016 election the FBI is now just full of like, hipsters and needs to be dismantled and resurrected in the true conservative fashion that it used to be.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Hopefully the FBI will recognize that their continued existence in any kind of efficacious form relies on putting away these traitors for real.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Petr posted:

Hopefully the FBI will recognize that their continued existence in any kind of efficacious form relies on putting away these traitors for real.

Mueller is inspector Javert for real. I don't think that's an issue

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That explains this list.

Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Ambassador Haley looked up names of countries she assumed was basically grass skirts and straw huts and sent out some threats.

Katt fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 22, 2017

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Snowman_McK posted:

If someone finds him floating in the Potomac, it's not going to be because he realized Trump was actually a good person.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Snowman_McK posted:

Don Trump, at last, we see each other plain
Monsieur, le Prez, you'll wear a different chain

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Snowman_McK posted:

The difference being that Valjean was an honest, good person.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RaspberryCommie posted:

The difference being that Valjean was an honest, good person.

yeah Trump is more of a wealthier Thenardier

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Rinkles posted:

How loaded a term is "plot"?

Depends on whether you're talking about Star Wars

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah Trump is more of a wealthier Thenardier

Thernardier got away in the end though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Katt posted:

That explains this list.

Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Ambassador Haley looked up names of countries she assumed was basically grass skirts and straw huts and sent out some threats.

Yeah, that's a list literal puppet states. Also, haha, bottom bitch (sorry about the gender slur) Trudeau and the United States of canadia apparently abstained. Good job guys, you probably didn't offend Trump. I guess the hand shake power doesn't translate into a spine.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, that was a really poor comparrison. I think Nicholas Angel or Alex Murphy would probably be a way better comparrison.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Booo, Australia was gutless by abstaining from voting. Are we just so scared of upsetting Donny that we don't even have the integrity to vote in favor of vetoing the Trump statement?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Katt posted:

That explains this list.

Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Frickin' Pacific microstates and Latin American states whose current leaders are US puppets.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Testekill posted:

Booo, Australia was gutless by abstaining from voting. Are we just so scared of upsetting Donny that we don't even have the integrity to vote in favor of vetoing the Trump statement?

Canada dis the same. I think for the same reason. "We were gonna vote yes, but then you did this threat bullshit, so gently caress you."

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
:can::yikes:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

Frickin' Pacific microstates and Latin American states whose current leaders are US puppets.

and Togo!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

RaspberryCommie posted:

Thernardier got away in the end though.

:ohdear:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Testekill posted:

Our prime minister is Malcolm Turnbull. We don't have enough integrity to maintain our atomic structure.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Yeah, what's up with that? According to one article I read, that's confusing people.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Katt posted:

That explains this list.

Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Note that many of those tiny islands in the Pacific are effectively U.S. client states.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The President of Honduras ran illegally, stole the election, then got the thumbs up from Trump.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Canada dis the same. I think for the same reason. "We were gonna vote yes, but then you did this threat bullshit, so gently caress you."

When it comes to votes involving Israel at the UN both Canada and Australia have pretty much always voted in lockstep with the USA. Its not a strong vote against statement, but its also a pretty big break away from the norm.

Certainly not going to help NAFTA talks when they resume next month.

Lychnis
Jul 22, 2015

Flowers are beautiful, and smell nice.

Arglebargle III posted:

New Star Wars is a pretty obvious allegory for the 1970s though. Their heroes lost their way and it's up to the next generation to implement full communism now.

"So now, less than thirty years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Canto Bight and look out, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Loathe as I am to link a tweet thread...

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/944091651949170688

This one seems pretty interesting. Perhaps another nail in the coffin of an obstruction of justice case that republicans will absolutely never act on

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

Yeah, what's up with that? According to one article I read, that's confusing people.

nobody knows because everyone ignores Africa, I frankly couldn't remember whether Togo was another Pacific island state until I looked it up :saddowns:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

sit on my Facebook posted:

This one seems pretty interesting. Perhaps another nail in the coffin of an obstruction of justice case that republicans will absolutely never act on

This is the good poo poo here.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sit on my Facebook posted:

Did Trump's lawyers ever meet with Mueller? That should be fun.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Senate Leader to House Leader re: cutting Medicare, SS etc in 2018: haha no

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...m=.9e05b19dea42

quote:

The Senate’s top Republican on Thursday quashed calls from House leaders to tackle Medicare and Medicaid spending next year, declaring it politically unfeasible and thus off the 2018 agenda.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for sending only the best as your new ambassador to the Netherlands, America! He is off to a great start and we all look forward to working with him.

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/943991312570822656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Martian posted:

Thanks for sending only the best as your new ambassador to the Netherlands, America! He is off to a great start and we all look forward to working with him.

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/943991312570822656

I already love their media more then ours, you can tell they aren't used to people straight lying to their face like that and ready to call them on their bs.

• Locked thread