Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

i'm the undershirt with the breast pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ugh those are the worst.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wth

why even have an opinion of them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
because I have on more than one occasion accidentally picked up a pack of them instead of the normal ones w/out realizing it.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

it’s me, I’m so busy I don’t look at the shirts I buy

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Boiled Water posted:

it’s me, I’m so busy I don’t look at the shirts I buy

The one and only time I bought a pair of jeans on amazon they looked completely normal and unremarkable on the website, but when they arrived and they had a huge roaring tiger on the left rear end cheek, rendered in metallic red and gold stitching, possibly with sequins.
Straight in the TRASH.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dont poast my backyard

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

communism bitch posted:

The one and only time I bought a pair of jeans on amazon they looked completely normal and unremarkable on the website, but when they arrived and they had a huge roaring tiger on the left rear end cheek, rendered in metallic red and gold stitching, possibly with sequins.
Straight in the TRASH.

wow your a huge lame-o

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

communism bitch posted:

Straight in the TRASH.

should have worn them

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

communism bitch posted:

Straight in the TRASH.

get real, that's probably the most cyberpunk article of clothing you'll ever own and you pitched it?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

communism bitch posted:

Straight in the TRASH.

those sound like the perfect complement for a hypercolor shirt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TheOnlyTheodora/status/940010236634652672

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

bitcoinistas think this is great and a good expansion of the bitmarket but it's actually just another example of how easily nerds are fleeced

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cat Face Joe posted:

bitcoinistas think this is great and a good expansion of the bitmarket but it's actually just another example of how easily nerds are fleeced

so... they're not wrong then

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

infernal machines posted:

so... they're not wrong then

eh, sort of. they'll ascribe all kinds of things to it like how bitcoin empowers women and this is super progressive but it's all talk and the vast majority of bittelourdes are anti woman regressive poo poo piles

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm glad i dont have to do international travel for work

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lancemantis posted:

i'm glad i dont have to do international travel for work

why it owns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cat Face Joe posted:

eh, sort of. they'll ascribe all kinds of things to it like how bitcoin empowers women and this is super progressive but it's all talk and the vast majority of bittelourdes are anti woman regressive poo poo piles

no, i mean fleecing nerds is a valuable component of any financial system. idgaf what those worthless fucks think, as long as there's an effective new method for separating them from their wealth, ideally through their own hubris

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

communism bitch posted:

Straight in the TRASH.

why not return them for money back? or were they cheaper than free shipping lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

no, i mean fleecing nerds is a valuable component of any financial system. idgaf what those worthless fucks think, as long as there's an effective new method for separating them from their wealth, ideally through their own hubris

oh yeah, eat poo poo, nerds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

its a lot of effort to print a return label cause the printers at work and you're probably gonna forget

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

just send it to your work email smh

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

This was back in like 2009 and at that time I either didn't know about free returns or didn't care because I had more money than sense. They were only like £20, but yeah.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

communism bitch posted:

Straight on my rear end.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

wish there was an effective method for separating you from the post button

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JVC / ONO-SENDAI collab. deck

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sony hitbit pro as gently caress

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I want a MSX2+ real bad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the extra large arrow keys are :discourse:

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
im the REN-SHA-TURBO (RAPID FIRE)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tatsujin posted:

I want a MSX2+ real bad

they're $250-$500 for a working one on ebay. even dead they like $150+

one of these days i'm going to break down and get a busted one, put a raspberry pi in it and hook it up to my old oculus dk1 for that retro deck action

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Also the name of the area I stayed in is called 'Electronics city' lol

is that like cyberabad, or hitec city, by hyderabad where the cyber cops are?

http://www.cyberabadpolice.gov.in

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

sony hitbit pro as gently caress

I feel kind of sad that I missed out on participating in the era of really janky home computers

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

lancemantis posted:

I feel kind of sad that I missed out on participating in the era of really janky home computers

you can still get a TI-99/4A new in box for cheap if you want to try janky

I do sometimes wonder why the Japanese companies never tried to sell MSX in the US

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eschaton posted:

you can still get a TI-99/4A new in box for cheap if you want to try janky

TI99/4A is amazing

except for actually connecting it to a tv :negative:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

this scope uses the same CPU as the TI-99, the TMS-9900

the TMS-9900 is a true 16-bit CPU based on the TI-990 minicomputer instruction set

it doesn’t really do “registers,” instead it has a fast addressing mode for the first 16 words of memory (like the PDP-10)

the TI-99 architecture managed to both RAM-starve and bandwidth-starve the CPU so what could have been a cool System was pretty terrible in common use

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:swoon:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lancemantis posted:

america had it's own poo poo computers nobody else cared about - like the apple 2 or the ti/99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

badass

• Locked thread