Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Or do they just not care as Republicans and rich fucks win and make the GLOBALIST DEMONRAT LIBTARDS mad?
It's this, but I honestly think the reality of this one is messing with some of them. Once the initial "We beat the libs! Suck it, libs!" stuff is done and worn off, they are realizing they are getting exactly both jack and squat out of this, and that all this is literally the exact opposite of what they voted for and what they've been promised, and that is causing some of them some discomfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Barack Obama, America's first albino president

e: wait, it's just plausibility deniability for his racist loving caricature. nevermind

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

political cartoons 2017: there are still thousands of people that need to be rescued from australia

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump won big on tax reform. And Nancy Pelosi became unhinged. Here’s some of what she had to say about the bill:

End of the worldArmagedonBrazen theft from the middle classRaises taxes on 86 million middle class…Moral Obscenity…Permanent Plutocracy…Unrepentant Greed…A Vote against Tiny Tim

The fact is, according to Politco and others, eighty percent of filers will get a tax cut averaging $2,000. Yet, for some reason, most people believe they’ll get a tax hike.

But despite his Christmas cash stocking stuffer, Trump’s approval rating remains low. And some Republicans lurk among the resistance.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Maybe BoK, because people can read and understand the bill has more in it than just tax cuts. Like how it eliminates personal exemptions, meaning that for a lot of people it either negates the cuts or flat-out increases what they owe. Not to mention ending the mandate, a loving stupid plan that does nothing to help Americans since it'll cause a sharp spike in premiums when people realize they can just sign up for health insurance whenever.

Oh, and the tax cuts for us end in less than a decade, but are permanent for corporations. Go gently caress yourself, BoK.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

When I think of a guy who always wore ill-fitting suits and was a grotesque, disheveled mess, I definitely think of Barack Obama

I'm fairly sure those are the same suit just resized in MSPaint.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

quote:

I'm so glad I have the freedom to never visit a hospital!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh, they understand who's primarily benefiting. But these people truly believe in their heart of hearts that everything will be fine, because now that the rich have even more money, they will create one hundred million new jobs and wages will go up for the middle class by 1000%.
But also we can't raise wages! It would destroy the economy!

Pants Donkey posted:

DID THE DEMOCRATS REALLY WIN ANYTHING?
the election

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Johnny Walker posted:

It's this, but I honestly think the reality of this one is messing with some of them. Once the initial "We beat the libs! Suck it, libs!" stuff is done and worn off, they are realizing they are getting exactly both jack and squat out of this, and that all this is literally the exact opposite of what they voted for and what they've been promised, and that is causing some of them some discomfort.

Well no, when everything still sucks, it'll somehow still be the Democrats fault because reasons.

"The Republican led house and senate just passed a bill written exclusively by republicans and had it signed by a republican president...loving demonrats must be to blame!"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Scrooge is the only one who looks a little uncomfortable being there. I guess he has occasionally expressed borderline anti-capitalist ideas before.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 22, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davpope/status/944103147185758209

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

First the Alabama election, then the J20 acquittal, now this, it looks like 2017 couldn't maintain its diet of 100% awful things happening all the time.

Also apparently Eaten Fish lives in my hometown, cool. And by cool I mean freezing cold for someone who's used to a warmer climate, but I guess it's better than concentration camps and oppressive regimes.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I want a comic where Robot Teddy Roosevelt beats the crap out of Robot Trump while yelling about national parks. :tbear:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Border security? Did they pass something while I wasn't paying attention? Is there a report about illegal crossings being down? I can at least see where the others came from but the only border-related thing I've heard of lately was the start of the wall prototyping which, you know, doesn't actually do anything yet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The USA during the Obama administration: an adult taking responsibility for its mistakes.

The USA during the Trump administration: a schoolyard bully trying to intimidate others into shutting up about its fuckups.

AGC.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

The USA during the Obama administration: an adult taking responsibility for its mistakes.

The USA during the Trump administration: a schoolyard bully trying to intimidate others into shutting up about its fuckups.

AGC.

I can't tell if that comic is saying "both sides are bad" or is sticking up for Trump but if it's the latter then lol after yesterday's vote.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 22, 2017

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Border security? Did they pass something while I wasn't paying attention? Is there a report about illegal crossings being down? I can at least see where the others came from but the only border-related thing I've heard of lately was the start of the wall prototyping which, you know, doesn't actually do anything yet.
Beyond restricting legal immigration on the basis of something that looks suspiciously like eugenics, haha nope.

What, you thought he was actually going to build a wall? It's like the one thing they can't do unilaterally.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

I can't tell if that comic is saying "both sides are bad" or is sticking up for Trump but if it's the latter then lol after yesterday's vote.

It's a conservative cartoon, so what it's saying is that Trump is good because he's strong and manly while the cowardly and effeminate Obama was pointlessly humiliating the nation in front of weaklings. U! S! A! U! S! A! Raa, raa, number one!

Basically, the mentality of a playground bully is what gives impotent, incompetent hacks like Gorrell a source of pride, so Trump good.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

That Pence is AV material.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Cynicism hasn't completely eroded me away yet so in the back of my head I imagine a future where those guys are like "maybe we shouldn't have slobbered all over Trump for his entire presidency after all".

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

I see she watched the cabinet meeting too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Cynicism hasn't completely eroded me away yet so in the back of my head I imagine a future where those guys are like "maybe we shouldn't have slobbered all over Trump for his entire presidency after all".

"We, as we always have, just supported our president and gave him the respect the office deserves" *sly wink*

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This is a good take I want to see more of.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I'm so glad I have the freedom to never visit a hospital!

It sounds so liberating!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The best McConnell, just the best.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Missing the double-comma and "Apple Pie". 2/10

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and in the White House
Trump’s words were stirring; Obama felt like a mouse.

A populist president with a broom that swept clean,
Trump accomplished much in 2017.

Yet out past the lawn there arose such a clatter,
Pussy Hatters were yelling along with Black Lives Matter.

The Deep State pushed back—the Swamp became bitter,
They always get triggered when Trump is on Twitter.

Fake News Media compared Trump with Nixon,
“Impeach him!” said Maddow, Mika and Wolf Blitzen.

Rich kneelers were kneeling and sitting on hands,
Stadiums were emptied, they angered their fans.

Rocket Man’s missiles were threatening Seoul,
Kim Jong-Un’s stocking was soon stuffed with coal.

Respect, fame and fortune many women were hoping,
Instead they were molested–the gropers were groping!

Crooked Hillary lied about Trump’s Russian collusion,
The evidence showed it was just an illusion.

The rear end Clowns were angry and showing no poise,
They were loud and obnoxious–empty barrels of noise.

Trump’s eyes twinkled with MAGA delight. He yelled,
“MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!”

–Merry Christmas from Ben and Tina Garrison

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ahem.

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING. THESE ARE BENEFITS THAT WERE NEGOTIATED BY UNIONS. THE RICH ARE ATTRIBUTING THEM TO THE TAX BILL SO BOOBS LIKE YOU WILL THINK THEY'RE WINNING ONE AGAINST THE LIBS.

A good comic.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Perfect timing with the bitcoins, Ben :discourse:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Say Ben, pretty much all of these things seem pretty bad. Weird how in a year with a Republican government and Trump as president you couldn't come up with 12 good things that happened. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Also excellent timing on those bitcoins.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lol bitcoin just dropped like 30% overnight and Coinbase has frozen transactions you loving moron Ben.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 22, 2017

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

How do you manage to screw up the meter for twelve days of christmas?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Saw this on Facebook (my hosting):

https://imgur.com/ldFrCl6

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Excuse me for a second.

gently caress YOU YOU IDIOT MOTHERFUCKER

Sorry, we were saying?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mistaya posted:

I want a comic where Robot Teddy Roosevelt beats the crap out of Robot Trump while yelling about national parks. :tbear:

Robin Williams would have made that a great movie. :sigh:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Garrison posted:

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and in the White House
Trump’s words were stirring; Obama felt like a mouse.

Two lines in and you already hosed up the meter. Good stuff.

• Locked thread