Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
I bought 5 medium boxes, havnt opened them. Really hoping for a scharnhort and a caesare.

edit:
30 frosty fir
2000 dubloons
15 hydra

If not for the doubloons, i would be quite displeased. Those bring it up to meh status.

Torbo fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Buy the Julio while it is on sale. It is fun.

mik posted:

WG's feeling generous this season...

I logged in for the first time in about 2-3 months today to buy the discounted Giulio Cesare for 2600 doubloons.

Logged in a second time this afternoon and there was a big "Welcome Back Captain" message and, totally unrelated to the Christmas stuff, they have given me:

- 150k Free XP
- 12M Credits
- De Grasse + Captain
- Giulio Cesare + Captain
- 10 Days premium

Since I had just bought the Cesare, I got the full 5200 doubloons instead.

I was gone for like two years and I didn't get anything when I came back gently caress you wargaming

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

owned

we didn't check the topic so shep hit the deny button lol

gosh dang it. I'll try again tomorrow I guess

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Timmy Horsey posted:

gosh dang it. I'll try again tomorrow I guess
Bought boxes cause I'm an idiot and got a Kii, Okhotnik, Huanghe, and a De Grasse (what I was trying to get), along with a bunch of camos and flags and 180 days of premium obviously. I'm done. Total damage was I think 25 medium boxes and 10 large boxes.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I was gone for like two years and I didn't get anything when I came back gently caress you wargaming

There were people saying they've logged in every day for 3 months and still got two free premiums "for returning players", so as usual WG apparently have no idea what they're doing.

nodm
Jul 17, 2011
15 huge boxes, got Huang He,180 days premium, about 10k doubloons and some flags.
Bought 5 of the big ones, scored Kii and Imperator Nikolai :smugdog:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Funny thing I discovered while playing my DD: You only get the standard detection symbol when you're being radar'd, not the usual symbol. So if you're just suddenly detected and you have no idea what the gently caress is happening yeah you're radar'd son.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, they hosed up the detection symbol.

EU code for 2 boxes:
SHIPMASDAYS1712

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Funny thing I discovered while playing my DD: You only get the standard detection symbol when you're being radar'd, not the usual symbol. So if you're just suddenly detected and you have no idea what the gently caress is happening yeah you're radar'd son.

I thought they changed it so that the detection symbol is surrounded by a triangle whenever you get radar/hydro'd vs just the normal exclamation mark for normal detection.

Or am I insane?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Man these missions are just terrible for the game. Everyone's playing battleships and cruisers, and it's just a massive clusterfuck, especially when combined with the traditional pubby ability to be loving godawful at this game.

My WN8 must be absolutely tanking.

E: also the matchmaker loving hates me. My tier 5 ships are constantly the bottom ships in tier 7 games, which makes these missions a reaaaaaal joy to do.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Der Shovel posted:

My tier 5 ships are constantly the bottom ships in tier 7 games

Working as intended, is balans tovarishch!

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Bought 20 medium boxes and got the Okhotnik, the Perth, 6k gold, 10k free xp, flags, and camo which isn't terrible.

Of course I wanted an Atlanta. Now I have to figure out how to play the Okhotnik and the Perth.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!

JediBlutarsky posted:

Bought 20 medium boxes and got the Okhotnik, the Perth, 6k gold, 10k free xp, flags, and camo which isn't terrible.

Of course I wanted an Atlanta. Now I have to figure out how to play the Okhotnik and the Perth.

On the upside, Okhotnik and Perth are two of the better premiums from the "it's a unique premium" perspective. I was waiting on Perth to get released for months and the gold cost was very reasonable (used Halloween doubloons for it). Only "gotcha" is it's one of the few that comes with a 6-point captain vice a 10-point, and she feels like at Atlanta where you probably want 14 at minimum before it's comfortable.

Can't tell if I like the Okhotnik yet. Feels like an absurdly large DD with a strangely small concealment, and woe betide anything that gets in 4.0 km of it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

xanif posted:

I thought they changed it so that the detection symbol is surrounded by a triangle whenever you get radar/hydro'd vs just the normal exclamation mark for normal detection.

Or am I insane?

I don't know, I had that happen yesterday but I assumed it was "spotted due to smoke firing" and not RADAR or anything.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Mauzeraut posted:

On the upside, Okhotnik and Perth are two of the better premiums from the "it's a unique premium" perspective. I was waiting on Perth to get released for months and the gold cost was very reasonable (used Halloween doubloons for it). Only "gotcha" is it's one of the few that comes with a 6-point captain vice a 10-point, and she feels like at Atlanta where you probably want 14 at minimum before it's comfortable.

Can't tell if I like the Okhotnik yet. Feels like an absurdly large DD with a strangely small concealment, and woe betide anything that gets in 4.0 km of it.

12 torps every 47 seconds is hilarious. You just lay down 30 degrees worth of torps which make them pretty impossible to dodge.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Of course the upside of LITERALLY EVERYONE playing battleships and cruisers is when I take out my destroyers, it's great just dancing outside detection range and being a loving menace to society.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Wargaming hosed up and gave me access to the supertest shimakaze, AMA.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

kojei posted:

Wargaming hosed up and gave me access to the supertest shimakaze, AMA.

Have you tried the reload booster in randoms yet?

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

I don't know, I had that happen yesterday but I assumed it was "spotted due to smoke firing" and not RADAR or anything.

Octavian or someone confirmed on Reddit that this is a bug -- it's an older art asset, and doesn't signify anything new.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Ranked is pain.

In a CL I can do good work, but I don't have the concealment of a DD or the firepower and endurance of a BB.

In a DD, I'm relying on my teammates to kill the CLs. They don't.

When i take my BB out it's four destroyers on each side and I've got the bad ones. :suicide:

At least I know I'm bad in my tier 8 BBs and generally avoid playing them in ranked, unlike some loving teammates I can think of. Uugh. Maybe I should just buy my Benson and shove it down the enemy's throat.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

wdarkk posted:

Have you tried the reload booster in randoms yet?

Yes. It’s kinda filthy. Battleships have absolutely no chance if you’ve been out of sight.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought the Giulio Cesare, took her out for a spin. My first game ended after ~2 minutes when some pubbie idiot in a friendly destroyer decided to put three torpedoes into me from very close range.

E: I'm not gonna blame that on the Cesare, but considering this is the EU server and the dude was one of those retards with their nationality in their name, I wouldn't put it past them to have this be some kind of "THE ITALIAN PIGS INSULTED GLORIOUS CZECH REPUBLIC IN 1542, NOW YOU ALL DIE" scheme.

Yesterday I was on the same team with some moron who started ranting about "Italian and German pig dogs" while shooting at every teammate in a German ship, and sadly that isn't a very rare occurrence.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 22, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is there a rendering bug? There was one bb left on the enemy team, about 8k away from me on the map, and my teammates next to me are smashing him but I can't see him. I didn't see any settings for max models rendered or anything.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

You weren't in a cyclone, were you?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sperglord Actual posted:

You weren't in a cyclone, were you?

Nope I was in a New York and they were in a german bb.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Ranked is pain.

In a CL I can do good work, but I don't have the concealment of a DD or the firepower and endurance of a BB.

When i take my BB out it's four destroyers on each side and I've got the bad ones. :suicide:

At least I know I'm bad in my tier 8 BBs and generally avoid playing them in ranked, unlike some loving teammates I can think of. Uugh. Maybe I should just buy my Benson and shove it down the enemy's throat.

So.....just like any normal ranked season then?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Nope I was in a New York and they were in a german bb.

cyclone as in the weather condition that reduces your visibility distance

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kojei posted:

cyclone as in the weather condition that reduces your visibility distance

Ohhhh...Maybe. So were the people next to me just aiming with the minimap then?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Eltoasto posted:

Ohhhh...Maybe. So were the people next to me just aiming with the minimap then?

8km is the max view range in a cyclone, so if they were 7.9km from him and you were 8.1km from him then they could see him and you couldn't.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Ranked is pain.

Buy Loyang - profit.....I know this ranked streak won't last :smith:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 23, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

I'm looking at these holiday missions and wondering how badly I want a lovely premium BB and perma camos for ships I hate. :thunk:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So I got the 5 big box pack, 3 Fir Camos because I guess I need those, a stack of special FreeXp boost and a Gallant.
Neat, I like destroyers. I get it equipped and head out. A Minsk hits me once and I explode. I haven't been equipping those flags on anything under tier 7, and welp.

Still a dumb loving mechanic.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Team not loving found, without the 3 man division this would have been a loss. Teams are brutal tonight.

If the Roon is this good, I am really looking forward to the Hindy. 6 games in it so far and averaging 140k.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Got a gallant out of a box, it owns. I love the torps and I love the HE on the guns.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

wdarkk posted:

8km is the max view range in a cyclone, so if they were 7.9km from him and you were 8.1km from him then they could see him and you couldn't.

Can you even run into weather conditions in a T5 (aside from triple uptiering if you're divisioning with a T6)? Just off the top of my head I don't recall ever seeing any on maps where I've had a cyclone pop up.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Darkrenown posted:

Yeah, they hosed up the detection symbol.

EU code for 2 boxes:
SHIPMASDAYS1712

Got 50 free xp flags out of one of these. :toot:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I just got an email from Wargaming, which contained a code for an Albany in Botes, a T7 light tank plus some boosters and 3 days of premium in Tonks, and a tier 3 YP-29 plus 2 sets of ammo in Planes, score

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 23, 2017

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug
After losing four ranked matches in a row with 3 kills and over 150,000 damage in each, I think I might stop playing already at rank 21.

The last game was really something special:
- The enemy holds both caps. The score is 900-840 in our favour.
- The only enemy ship left alive is a de-planed carrier sat on the 1-line.
- I'm contesting the A cap.
- The only other surviving ship on our team, a New Orleans, is 100m outside the B cap.

So, does the New Orleans...
a) Contest the B cap for a guaranteed win, or
b) Sail away from it to chase the carrier, leading to us losing by points?

You'll never guess!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

davejk posted:

After losing four ranked matches in a row with 3 kills and over 150,000 damage in each, I think I might stop playing already at rank 21.

The last game was really something special:
- The enemy holds both caps. The score is 900-840 in our favour.
- The only enemy ship left alive is a de-planed carrier sat on the 1-line.
- I'm contesting the A cap.
- The only other surviving ship on our team, a New Orleans, is 100m outside the B cap.

So, does the New Orleans...
a) Contest the B cap for a guaranteed win, or
b) Sail away from it to chase the carrier, leading to us losing by points?

You'll never guess!

The lower you are in the leagues the more hilarious some of the losses are and the obliviousness of the player base becomes blindingly apparent. IF you can slam your dick in the drawer enough to get into the sub-15 range those teams *aren't* to bad (all teams are bad) right now. However, if you wait a week and then play from 21 you will see some poo poo :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Wargaming sent me the "Come back and get this pile of free crap" email and I didn't get the pile of free crap when I logged in :saddowns: .