Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Edmund Lava posted:

The other lynch mob members are probably Archie, Jughead, Veronica, and Josie’s grandfathers.

I loved the photo of them "Planting a tree" was in front of an old-growth tree, standing above a grave-shaped lump of dirt, with no new plantings in sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

On the logic of "destroying the evidence", Betty was right all along and it was Sheriff Keller. A perfect kill shot? Far too convenient.

There was literally no reason for Svennson to start with Fred, plus the whole "he saw it in the corridors" argument doesn't even make sense in that case.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love how overt the show is being with references lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGj1ZbM_4eQ

I don't have a picture from Betty's dream sequence but the black hood going over the couch was clearly a reference to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5WC0TW_0qc

e: i somehow spelled couch as catch

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 14, 2017

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lol at the amazing Twin Peaks reference at the start of the episode.

the black hood climbing over the sofa is drat near identical to BOB

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Quote-Unquote posted:

Lol at the amazing Twin Peaks reference at the start of the episode.

the black hood climbing over the sofa is drat near identical to BOB

yeah it fuckin rules and I noticed that first thing

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I really loved the near-constant stream of horror references so far this season.

Sure they all felt super forced. But like, who cares.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So that was an anticlimactic reveal. Like, a Criminal Minds episode level of obvious.

The show probably could get away with closing that plot. Sure, there's plotholes, but that hasn't stopped Riverdale before.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fututor Magnus posted:

i'm hoping the hood is the janitor.

lmao called it at the reveal of the janitor as a character. i think their attempts to keep the hood a mystery was not great when it could be guessed this obviously.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There is literally zero chance that the janitor was actually the hood.

Just like the Black Hood forced Betty to do all kinds of things she didn't want to, he also forced the janitor to impersonate him at the end.

It's even possible that the Black Hood has coerced many people to be his body doubles, and the green-eyed man isn't the "real" Black Hood either.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
The Heart of Darkness references this ep reminded me of the best line in the entire show when Grandma Blossom catches Betty and Jughead snooping: "The horror, the horror!"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yeah the Hood story isn't done. I mean the last line of the ep is "She had a feeling this story wasn't over."

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

^burtle posted:

Yeah the Hood story isn't done. I mean the last line of the ep is "She had a feeling this story wasn't over."

"...because she was about to become a psycho-killer herself."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I never thought I would see Jughead take a knife to a woman and slice off a chunk of her arm.

Or Betty considering she has the capability to murder.

Or Archie being buried alive.

Or... just everything really.

The Black Hood stuff is definitely not over. Remember the letters had two different sets of handwriting? I feel like Svenson was involved, but was partners with someone else. And I STILL can't shake the feeling of that other person being Betty's half-brother. Although I wonder if it would be a waste to make that character into a serial killer and written off after such a resolution, instead of having him be a non-murderer who brings all kinds of drama by becoming a part of life in Riverdale.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

People thought that the janitor was the actual black hood reveal? No way he is the black hood. The part I found most odd is the janitor had his right pointer finger chopped off and he was holding a gun with his right hand. I’m not saying it’s impossible to hold/shoot a gun with your hand missing a finger but it would be super drat awkward. Something was definitely off about that entire scene.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Black Hood is no doubt Vic from the 5 second tree-selling sequence infront of Pop's

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

The Black Hood is no doubt Vic from the 5 second tree-selling sequence infront of Pop's makeout sequence with Cheryl's mom

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That woman has a type.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jamesman posted:

The Duggler posted:

The Black Hood is no doubt Vic from the 5 second tree-selling sequence infront of Pop's makeout sequence with Cheryl's mom

Oh, that's who that was.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Having the janitor be the killer also doesn't explain the interest he has with Betty and knowledge of the stuff like the codebook. Y'all who think that the Black Hood stuff is wrapped up are crazy.

I do think the lawyer lady is gonna be the next big villain, although I can't guess at whether that's gonna take place right away to take up time before the real Black Hood stuff comes up again, or if they're gonna put it on the backburner for next season.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Looks like they're introducing Betty's brother Chick (or "Chic" in this show, apparently), so dollars to donuts that person is exposed as the real Black Hood in the season finale.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, my money's on a different 'arc' next half of the season with Chick arriving, Black Hood stuff on the backburner til the end or maybe even drag it into next year, who knows. But the connection to the orphanage + his obsession with Betty makes me p clear it's him. When she put the hood on way back when and her green eyes stared out it seemed p obvious that would be where they go, but they could still surprise us.

I kind of want it to be a vast conspiracy by the nuns also

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I wonder when the switchover from og Black Hood to copycat took place. Were the first murders something that set the janitor off and lead to him trying to expose his own secret (sending Betty to the murderhouse and all) or was it simply them accusing the janitor way later that did it?

Also for a long time I figured the whole thing was a wild goose chase and that the attack on Fred was a hit. I dunno now, but everyone on the show seems to have forgotten how weird the fake holdup aspect of the attack was.

Also I still hate this show and I still love it. Still.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
We've got, what, a month until the show kicks back up?

Fuuuuuuck.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

I wonder when the switchover from og Black Hood to copycat took place. Were the first murders something that set the janitor off and lead to him trying to expose his own secret (sending Betty to the murderhouse and all) or was it simply them accusing the janitor way later that did it?

Also for a long time I figured the whole thing was a wild goose chase and that the attack on Fred was a hit. I dunno now, but everyone on the show seems to have forgotten how weird the fake holdup aspect of the attack was.

Also I still hate this show and I still love it. Still.

I think the switch was literally in the last scene.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

How was he disguising his voice still when he was standing next to them? I didn't see any type of device on him...

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Whatever magic they use in Arrow

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Proprietary CW technology.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
A subsidiary of Berlanti Industries.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

d0grent posted:

How was he disguising his voice still when he was standing next to them? I didn't see any type of device on him...

Janitor was a patsy being forced into doing it by the real Black Hood, like the dude in the first Saw movie.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Janitor was a patsy being forced into doing it by the real Black Hood, like the dude in the first Saw movie.

What? That doesnt answer my question at all. I'm asking how he was still able to disguise his voice when he was right next to them in person right before he made Archie get into the coffin. His voice was heavily modulated but there was no device held up to his mouth to do anything like that. On the phone he would obviously just speak through a voice modulator device or through a computer with voice modulation software but in person he still had the same effect on his voice with no apparent source.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he was playing a recording and not speaking at all.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Betty imagined the Black Hood talking to her the whole time; it was her all along. Save your questions for after the reveal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

d0grent posted:

What? That doesnt answer my question at all. I'm asking how he was still able to disguise his voice when he was right next to them in person right before he made Archie get into the coffin. His voice was heavily modulated but there was no device held up to his mouth to do anything like that. On the phone he would obviously just speak through a voice modulator device or through a computer with voice modulation software but in person he still had the same effect on his voice with no apparent source.

That's actually his regular voice. It's a common dialect around upstate New York. But he had to change it when he made a new identity.

Just go with it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Heyo

Kiernan Shipka to star in Netflix's Sabrina the Teenage Witch series

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh man GET THE gently caress IN

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I only experience this show through Sex Archie but dang, she looks like Melissa Joan Hart’s backup clone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DrakePegasus posted:

I only experience this show through Sex Archie but dang, she looks like Melissa Joan Hart’s backup clone.
Kiernan Shipka doesn’t looks anything like Melissa Joan Hart though :confused:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's saying all blonde white girls look alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

You white? You Taylor Swift.

• Locked thread