Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

As if Bakugou would accept that.

What if Deku brings Kirishima with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

cisneros posted:

Ah, I saw this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681032&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=538#post479498367 , which turned out to be an edited quote, and got carried away, I'm sorry I said it, I should get a probation/ ban too.

No I think it's fine. It sounds like there won't be any problems in the future, in that case.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SpacePig posted:

This ends with Bakugo standing defiantly on the moon without a plan on how to get back or advance further into space, and Ochako basically puking herself to death but also really proud of her hand in the achievement.

Ochaco only get's nauseous when she makes herself float tho.

Otherwise she'd be sick throughout the whole series cause of that baseball they threw on their first day.

Crain fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 21, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Crain posted:

Ochaco only get's nauseous when she makes herself float tho.

Otherwise she'd be sick throughout the whole series cause of that baseball they threw on their first day.
Or if she levitates too much at once. 'Giant missile launcher + Deku' pushed her over her vomit limit, but that was a while ago.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I thought it was an exertion thing. Like she can lift so much for so long at a proportional rate, like something heavy for a short period or something light for awhile. I guess I might be misremembering.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, it's pretty vaguely defined, but she was using it a lot during the entrance exam, so... :shrug:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The main limiter we know of on Uraraka's power is the amount of matter she makes light. The closer to her limit she gets, the more nauseous she becomes. We don't know if there's a range limit. One assumes that regardless of how much poo poo she's thrown into space or how far out it gets, the amount that she's affected resets when she touches her fingers together--though if that poo poo is in space, it is gonna just keep going.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

What if Deku brings Kirishima with him?

Then Bakugo could go back to Earth with Kirishima AND leave Deku behind. :twisted:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Mr. Fowl posted:

The main limiter we know of on Uraraka's power is the amount of matter she makes light. The closer to her limit she gets, the more nauseous she becomes. We don't know if there's a range limit. One assumes that regardless of how much poo poo she's thrown into space or how far out it gets, the amount that she's affected resets when she touches her fingers together--though if that poo poo is in space, it is gonna just keep going.

Huh? I could have sworn the nausea was when she made herself float...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

She did make herself sick when she used her own powers on herself, but she seems to have trained out of that fairly early. Now it seems to just be a matter of capacity.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

dazoner posted:

Huh? I could have sworn the nausea was when she made herself float...

Im pretty sure that being weightless on its own is considered enough to make people nauseous already.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/164/4777/1

Some excellent poo poo in this chapter

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man we just keep burying interesting plot threads with totally off-hand one-panel stuff. It probably would've hosed up everything if Camie was dead or kidnapped or something but wow, what a wet fart to resolve everything that happened at the original exam. Should've just not had any of that poo poo happen during the exam then. This chapter is hilarious though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That just means that isn't the story he wants to be telling. It's fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Real good chapter, MHA is so much better like this than when it's actually trying to be serious and such.
Real bad Mangastream being Mangastreamisms

Camie being ononoki is aight though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mangastream sucks so bad.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
camie is cool as hell, imho, and the page of gang orca throwing people off panel owned.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For some reason I expected this particular scenario to happen at some point but not exactly like this.

Gonna be honest though in saying that the Toga/Camie thing comes off like a twist or plot thread that was started then aborted for some reason. It's really weak/sloppy but if this is how we gotta the loose end off to move on at least it comes with a fun mini arc.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 22, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is ononoki

also that's an interesting move from endeavor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tollymain posted:

what is ononoki

also that's an interesting move from endeavor

its a -monogatari girl

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Present Mic owns

Real Camie owns

Gang Orga still owns

This is just a mini-arc, most likely, but it's gonna take some actual doing for it to not be a fun exam

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
This is an incredibly good solution to their problem, and I really like when this manga takes turns like this. Very good chapters. Very good boys and girls. Everybody and everything is good for the time being.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Given how heavy the manga has been lately it was really nice having a fun chapter. Last one for the year right?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This is Bakugou's worst nightmare.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

These kinds of chapters are my favorite.

The big three of the retest getting swiped off panel was so great.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Calling it now, Bakugo is going to have to win the kids over with "fireworks"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

PMush Perfect posted:

Calling it now, Bakugo is going to have to win the kids over with "fireworks"

That, or he gives them flying piggyback rides.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is it possible that the guy trying to pal around with Todoroki is one of Endeavour's failed kids and knows it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He's going to swallow his pride and think "what would Deku do?"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is it possible that the guy trying to pal around with Todoroki is one of Endeavour's failed kids and knows it?

No.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It was covered the first time he showed up that he was just a big fan of Endeavour, and Todoroki by association. Also his power is wind-based and we're lead to believe that kids have powers somewhat related to whatever their parents have.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
What if everyone younger than Endeavor that looks at him is a failed child experiment that just doesn't use their fire power because it reminds them of him? Could someone whip together 80 images justifying this theory?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And so the trio faced their greatest challenge yet - LITTLE CHILDREN!! :3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nonexistence posted:

What if everyone younger than Endeavor that looks at him is a failed child experiment that just doesn't use their fire power because it reminds them of him? Could someone whip together 80 images justifying this theory?

I am Endeavor, and so can you!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:3:
They seem like good people. I like that you can tell stuff like that in just a few panels or actions (I had forgotten most of the stuff with wind guy except that he was wind-based).
Yeah tying that loose end with Camie seemed kind of abrupt, but it wasn't bad. I do like how it's just, "yeah, she's just kind of a weirdo so no one noticed when the weirdo was weird."

Also this poor lady

:ohdear:
I hope she takes an R&R day. (And I hope they cut to her relaxing in a panel or two!)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

endevor didn't seem to abandon his kids just because they weren't perfect

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

[All of Endeavor's kids have fire or ice powers and are shown playing in the yard.]

Guys what if Tsuyu is Endeavor's

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Would it be too cliche if one of the kids turned out to be quirkless and Bakugou had to deal with that?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Bakugou will bravely defeat every one of the children in single combat and finally become a true hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Todoroki puts all the child care lessons he learned from his parents to good use here.