Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Didn't Spellforce 3 come out literally two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Well I got Icewind Dale:EE, Broken Sword 1 and 5, Dead Space 2 for a neat total of 15 eur. I still have some good stuff from previous sale so I didn't have to take a second look into the rest of my wishlist which is mostly stuff that's 15-30 eur each on sale and prices don't seem to change.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
What's with all the crappy disney movie games with steep discounts that have suddenly flooded my suggestions?

You play one barbie horse adventure and valve never lets you live it down...

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dark Souls III finally went below 50% (75%) :woop:

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 22, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

It's (near-enough-to) my birthday, and as usual :siren:I'm handing out gifts:siren:.

Add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77

Tell me your SA name, and you'll get something good (unless you don't).

In return, please do a short writeup of the game, or ride the Gift Train.

(There's no need to post that you've added me in the thread)

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

I’m still in the middle of Night in the Woods but I’ve enjoyed it quite a lot.

double nine posted:

cities skylines is a bit iffy - it's a relaxing city simulator but the challenge is ankle-deep. Unless you like managing traffic. It's not bad, but it's also not that great either. Expect to be drawing a lot of roads and not really paying any mind where to place them.

Vanilla Cities: Skylines is pretty meh but there’s a very active modding community and if you check the Steam workshop you’ll find a pretty good list of essential mods like Traffic Manager that make the game much more enjoyable. I’d say the mods are what make the game good. I barely played it before trying the mods and custom assets but since then I’ve put hundreds of hours into it.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
I know cross-region gifting is pretty much killed, but Valkyrie Drive got banned in Australia before I got a chance to buy it, so now is as good a time as any to ask if someone from New Zealand can try gifting me the game so I can see if it works. I've tried a few regions that I didn't expect to work but I've just discovered that apparently if the regions are shared it will actually work, at least according to the Community Hub thread on the banning (it also got banned in Germany). I'll give you spare keys or round up the price to the nearest something, I don't know.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/playmoregames/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

X3 Terran Conflict has a beautiful pricing error! It's supposed to be like 12$ or so, but if you grab the Terran War Pack instead you get it with another game for 5$!

This game was mentioned in the janky charming games thread as being good, so - hey. I haven't booted it up yet but a supposedly good space flying game for 5$ is excellent.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

real good games on sale:

Asura -50% isometric roguelite brawler based on Indian mythology.
Nongünz -50% roguelite platformer shooter with really good controls and fun character powers.
Card Quest -40% dungeon crawler with card-based combat.
Monolith -38% very refined twin-stick shooter roguelite.
Heat Signature -20% galaxy's most horrible person simulator.
Unexplored -20% super good level generation in the closest thing to an actual real-time roguelike i've seen.
Golden Krone Hotel -30% fight vampires with the help of the sun, avoid the sun when you become a vampire, become enamored with the amazing soundtrack.
JYDGE -50% you are the law.
Time Recoil -55% 10Tons released another twin-stick shooter this year that seemed to fly under the radar, but it's still a 10Tons twin-stick shooter so it's good.

just checked and Aztez is -60%! i haven't played enough of it, but what from what i have played and seen, it's one of the best beat-em-ups around.

Stanley Tweedle fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 22, 2017

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the XCOM 2 expac as good as it looks? I could use an excuse to play again. Also, is Death of the Outsider worth grabbing if I loved the first + DLC and second games?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I don't really have any money again this year, but I still managed to pick up EDF:Insect Armageddon and Deathstate and gift a few people who've been good to me this year some cheap games, so I'm fairly happy regardless. Everyone should get Monolith and Jydge if they have any interest in twinsticks, and Hollow Knight if they have any interest in Metroidvanias.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Mr E posted:

Is the XCOM 2 expac as good as it looks?

It's real good.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Mr E posted:

Is the XCOM 2 expac as good as it looks? I could use an excuse to play again. Also, is Death of the Outsider worth grabbing if I loved the first + DLC and second games?

it loving amazing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What are the best musou games on steam, besides Attack on Titan?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 musou is very good.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If you're playing solo Dragon Quest Heroes is good.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is there a gaben miracle video this year

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Does Steam ever reduce game prices day by day, or did they stop doing that?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

They stopped, all prices will stay the same until the end of the sale as far as anyone knows.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Samovar posted:

Does Steam ever reduce game prices day by day, or did they stop doing that?

They stopped doing that because of refunds.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dragon Quest Heroes had a one day sale and it is back to full price on the Square store. Maybe they forgot about the concept of having better sales on their store versus other places, to get more customers. Make it 75% already, dammit!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm, the Green Man Gaming -17% code isn't working right. I know they have an exclusion list, but that list isn't complete. I'm trying to buy Children of Zordiacs and the code isn't working for that. If I add something else to my cart, the code works but only for other games.

Kind of a bummer.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, the XCOM 2 expansion looks really good, but as a cheap gamer $30 is too steep. It is still fairly new though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Yea, the XCOM 2 expansion looks really good, but as a cheap gamer $30 is too steep. It is still fairly new though.

Fanatical has it slightly cheaper than steam (-33% instead of -25%) if that makes enough of a difference for you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
t's been a fantastic year for games, perhaps one of the best ever. There's really a lot to list and I haven't even scratched the surface; however, as someone who doesn't have much time to play, I'm throwing out my recommendations for games that I've really liked this year.

In no particular order, these are some of the games I've played this year and liked. I still have yet to play games like Divinity OS2, rear end Creed Origins, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein 2, etc etc.

Cuphead (15% off; $16.99) 1920s cartoon Boss-Rush game. Already a well known game, but difficulty is somewhat overstated. I didn't think I'd like boss-rushes but it was real good. and I suck and I beat it and had a lot of fun.
[url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/588650/Dead_Cells/]Deadcells (25% off; $12.74) [/url] Best roguelite action-platformer even though its' still early access. It's basically everything games like Rogue Legacy tried but turned up to 1000x and no garbage platforming. Meaty and satisfactory as gently caress combat, super addictive ONE MORE TIME Loop
Hand of Fate 2 (10% off; $26.99) Roguelite CYOA game (with typical 3rd-person GoW/Marlow Briggs esque combat) where you beat different levels with a mix of your own cards and preset and the game unfolds differently every time. If you've played the first one, you'll like this. It's generally improved in everyway and also addictive. Gameplay is also more refined than the first, although it's still not great so that could be a dealbreaker, but you get in and out of action a lot quicker which was my main complaint.
Heat Signature (20% off; $11.99) Gunpoint guy made Hotline Miami, in space! (ok imo the HM comparison is generally weak since it doesnt have that super addictive right-back-in-action loop, but it's close enough and it's an amazing game that lets you play in a lot of ways and has super addictive ONE MORE TIME loop if you die. It starts to lose steam after like 15 hours but that's a loving long time and really fantastic
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice (25% off; $22.49) Also GOTY contender. Don't want to talk too much about it but check it out.
Immortal Redneck (40% off; $11.97) FPS Roguelite game, basically it's Ziggurat on crack. Fantastic guns, smooth run-n-gun gameplay and performance, some humor to keep it from being too stoically stale, and has an addictive ONEMORETIME gameplay loop.
A Hat in Time (20% off; $23.99) A whimsical retro N64-platformer throwback. This is the game Yooka-Laylee should have been. Despite taking like 10 years in development, it was well worth it and great. It's also loving amazing to get stoned as gently caress and chill out playing it.
Prey (50% off; $19.99) System Shock 3. Everyone already knows its GOTY anyways..
SteamWorld Dig 2 (35% off; $12.99) A really loving fantastic followup to SteamWorld Dig. It's improved in every way. If you aren't familar, it's a Motherlode-esque digging your way mining stuff (push-your-luck element), going back up the surface and selling and getting better gear, all wrapped in a solid metroid-ish action-platformer. Very charming too.
Night in the Woods (25% off; $14.99) Depressed dying small town millennial simulator. Everyone already knows about it.
X-Morph Defense (40% off; $11.99) While it's not an exceptional game by a long shot, the only reason I list it is because Tower Defense is basically a dead genre (super stoked for Dungeon Warfare 2 though) and there isn't much good ones out there. This really was a lot of fun and somewhat breath of fresh air and incorporates many elements really well: mazing; active-play; generally fun towers and most importantly, kept relatively simple. Would recommend for a TD-fan.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 26, 2017

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Any really cool 'watchable' stuff on sale I missed? I'm talking stuff I can play and my girlfriend can watch and enjoy. Especially if the story is good, and the gameplay is also fun.
Already played most of the good Telltale stuff, Life is Strange, Prey, Deus Ex, Night in the Woods, walking sims like Gone Home and Edith Finch, etc.

Anything that boils down to reading a bunch of text, making me reload multiple times, or getting bogged down in some weird minigame or combat is probably a no-go.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Quick recommendation for Motorsport Manager (http://store.steampowered.com/app/415200/Motorsport_Manager/) which is 75% off and Christ is it worth it at that price. It's about as addictive a sports management game as I've ever played, except perhaps the best of Champ Manager. The desire to just do One More Race to see how your new gearbox helps out, or whether your latest hire was a stroke of genius or pissing away good money after bad, is extremely strong. The game is also pretty easy to learn and has the inevitable community of spergy modders so you can see how Sebastian Vettel measures up against Sophia Flörsch or whatever).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bewilderment posted:

Any really cool 'watchable' stuff on sale I missed? I'm talking stuff I can play and my girlfriend can watch and enjoy. Especially if the story is good, and the gameplay is also fun.
Already played most of the good Telltale stuff, Life is Strange, Prey, Deus Ex, Night in the Woods, walking sims like Gone Home and Edith Finch, etc.

Anything that boils down to reading a bunch of text, making me reload multiple times, or getting bogged down in some weird minigame or combat is probably a no-go.
Honestly if you're already played most of the walking sims/telltale, that's about it. You've also played FIrewatch I take it too? And all three Dishnored games?

e: HELLBLADE

Also Stanley Parable

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 22, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Am I missing something, or is Tides of Numenenera taking the piss with the "Legacy" and "Immortal" editions?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Shadow tactics is $20, it's got some good reviews and I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Good deal?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Shadow tactics is $20, it's got some good reviews and I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Good deal?

well, for starters it is avaiable here for 16$

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/6464/Shadow-Tactics-Blades-of-the-Shogun/

(I haven't played it)

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Xaris posted:

Honestly if you're already played most of the walking sims/telltale, that's about it. You've also played FIrewatch I take it too? And all three Dishnored games?

e: HELLBLADE

Also Stanley Parable

Dishonored fell into the "I reloaded too much to make it fun" category for some reason. Hellblade already done. Stanley Parable too.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Looking for some advice!

I own Dark Souls 2 and beat it when it came out, but never played any of the DLC.

Right now Scholar of the First Sin is 9.99. Dark Souls 3 is 14.99 for the base game with no DLC. Should I get Scholar or DS3?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

cryptoclastic posted:

Looking for some advice!

I own Dark Souls 2 and beat it when it came out, but never played any of the DLC.

Right now Scholar of the First Sin is 9.99. Dark Souls 3 is 14.99 for the base game with no DLC. Should I get Scholar or DS3?

Dark Souls 3, without a doubt.

Cor Geal
Aug 2, 2012
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good base/city building game? I've seen They Are Billions as a kind of survival based base builder, is it any good/worth the price?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Cor Geal posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good base/city building game? I've seen They Are Billions as a kind of survival based base builder, is it any good/worth the price?

Factorio.

StardewValley scratches a similar itch for me.

Rimworld.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cor Geal posted:

They Are Billions is good but very much an Early Access title.

Children of the Nile is one of my favorite city builders ever.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

It's basically a modernized Commandos in a different setting. If that sounds the least bit appealing to you, then yes, it's easily worth :20bux:.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Any good 4 player co-op games? I've been playing a lot with my friends lately and we're looking for something new. We already did Dying Light and have been playing Barony and Dungeon of the Endless...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

robot roll call posted:

Any good 4 player co-op games? I've been playing a lot with my friends lately and we're looking for something new. We already did Dying Light and have been playing Barony and Dungeon of the Endless...

Overcooked
http://store.steampowered.com/app/448510/Overcooked/
co-op cooking

Lovers in a Dangerous Space time
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252110/Lovers_in_a_Dangerous_Spacetime/
co-op ship piloting

• Locked thread