Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Admiral Joeslop posted:

At this point it has to be a bug. I haven't figured out a way to replicate it, and once they're gone, they're gone.

Hibana was apparently a very ambitious operator, given how problematic her gadget has been under the hood.

My major gripe is that they make terrible murder holes because they A) explode so slowly and B) are as obvious as Thermite charges. If you took away one or the other, probably the slow wind-up, she'd have a much more effective gadget. As is, she's thermite with a better gun and only one breach charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005
She's great for breaching hatches from outside and making jump holes. There are a lot of maps I'd rather have a hibanna than a thermite.

tjones fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 22, 2017

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

These placement matches are killing me. Just put me in copper/bronze where I belong.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

SpazmasterX posted:

My major gripe is that they make terrible murder holes because they A) explode so slowly and B) are as obvious as Thermite charges. If you took away one or the other, probably the slow wind-up, she'd have a much more effective gadget. As is, she's thermite with a better gun and only one breach charge.

Murder holes on offense aren't about surprise, they're about opening up another angle, which Hibana can do on 3 separate walls/ hatches as opposed to Thermite's 2. She is a very strong operator and definitely doesn't need a buff (and I say that as a Hibana main).

That bug seems pretty bad though, funny how after 6 months of working on the other one there's already another. I haven't seen it personally on an unobstructed wall/ face on, but I have been noticing pellets scatter a lot more than they used to when I shoot through a hole that'd block some of them. I guess the bug might explain that.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Koramei posted:

Murder holes on offense aren't about surprise, they're about opening up another angle, which Hibana can do on 3 separate walls/ hatches as opposed to Thermite's 2. She is a very strong operator and definitely doesn't need a buff (and I say that as a Hibana main).

That bug seems pretty bad though, funny how after 6 months of working on the other one there's already another. I haven't seen it personally on an unobstructed wall/ face on, but I have been noticing pellets scatter a lot more than they used to when I shoot through a hole that'd block some of them. I guess the bug might explain that.

The two examples from earlier were on hatches that were re-enforced. I've also seen them bounce on re-enforced walls at weird angles.

tjones fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 22, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Koramei posted:

hibana owns

the only time i use them for surprise is to prone crawl into the obj or to quietly sneak into a place that will allow me to get the jump on the defender. holy poo poo if you have a friend throw a smoke grenade near it it works even better. there is a lot of furniture and stuff that you can use for concealment.

a hibana that sits by her burning gadget is just waiting to get their brains blown out unless they are holding a very tight angle and ready to prefire but the timing goes both ways and is dangerously predictable.

you can open 2 or even 3 holes near site and use them to do a sort of rotating peek and as long your quick about it the defender's best bet in hitting you back is to play a game of tactical wack-a-mole. some hibana mains like to setup multiple slots like this and pop them all at the same time to minimize peeking risk

its really good against anchors that feel safe in the angles they've chosen for themselves and are too stubborn or comfortable to move. i like to use the drone to scout out the most effective place to crack open before committing to anything.

in rounds where you can attack from above its usually good to save at least one for the hatch. it only takes one little sticky thing to blow the entire hatch.

the only time i do the crouching door cutout is if i have a shield user nearby. otherwise it is almost always just as good to crawl through because crouching peeks are slow and you dont wanna waste 3 shots on a single full sized door. i think its a huge waste whenever i see random players doing this but i try not to complain because its as annoying as when someone tells you where to put your miras

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Joined a casual match in progress, ended up on a team of four diamonds that immediately kicked me for having the audacity of being dropped into their game I guess.

Why is anyone allowed to be kicked without committing a TK or something equally trackable? Furthermore, why are these four loving idiots playing with only four loving people? They barely won a round against a bunch of nobodies.

Edit: it literally just happened again
Edw: it's probably because I play on console now that I think about it
Ed3: if I eventually got a PC copy is all my stuff tied to my account?

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 23, 2017

Gunder
May 22, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm almost certain that you'd have to buy/unlock everything again.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/B44VQJ3.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrG5v1byWes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why hasn't anyone come up with a shrill filter for voice chat yet?
My eardrums would prefer to stay intact when some kid decides it's time to scream at the top of his lungs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpazmasterX posted:

Joined a casual match in progress, ended up on a team of four diamonds that immediately kicked me for having the audacity of being dropped into their game I guess.

Why is anyone allowed to be kicked without committing a TK or something equally trackable? Furthermore, why are these four loving idiots playing with only four loving people? They barely won a round against a bunch of nobodies.

Edit: it literally just happened again
Edw: it's probably because I play on console now that I think about it

The ability to votekick is a net good, even if it has the potential to allow shitters to keep yanking the handle on the backfill slot machine. Someone doesn't need to TK to be a huge rear end in a top hat, imagine someone ripping off all the barricades, then barricading all the doors they can and ripping those off, and doing it as Rook, never dropping the armor.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Votekick is okay, but it's no admin kick.

R6 is pretty loving great, but I would love dedicated servers for admin rights, and an endless mode instead of this Best of 5 nonsense. I don't care which team wins. I'm here to shoot guys through walls. You hear me, Santa?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Donnerberg posted:

Votekick is okay, but it's no admin kick.

R6 is pretty loving great, but I would love dedicated servers for admin rights, and an endless mode instead of this Best of 5 nonsense. I don't care which team wins. I'm here to shoot guys through walls. You hear me, Santa?

I'd like to see BC2-style demo options so the defense has to always be wondering if the offense is putting C4 and detcord on structural supports with a plan to just drop the whole building down on them.

And the offense wondering if the defense already did :getin:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

They made me Gold IV

Ranked is still in beta

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You all laughed at me

Who's laughing now, bitches

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm still laughing because they are absolutely optional and OCD completionists are the only people regularly doing suicide thunt runs every single day instead of simply ignoring them and netting similar rewards through however they normally play

the most tedious thing about dailies in siege is left clicking a few times every 5 days to delete the ones you don't want to bother with from the list

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Have you heard of leaning?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I delete every thunt challenge

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SpazmasterX posted:

I delete every thunt challenge
I just do them while waiting for other goons to finish jacking off and accept their group invites.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I just do them while waiting for other goons to finish jacking off and accept their group invites.

When do you find time to play normal matches?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

i'm still laughing because they are absolutely optional and OCD completionists are the only people regularly doing suicide thunt runs every single day instead of simply ignoring them and netting similar rewards through however they normally play

the most tedious thing about dailies in siege is left clicking a few times every 5 days to delete the ones you don't want to bother with from the list

Yeah I feel like you're being insensitive acting like I don't have OCD (not really though it is a very serious and crippling disorder)

The weeklies are garbage too, HTH (way more so actually)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if you would just give me a minute i'm finishing my master thesis on why ranked games should not be allowed to solo que because it disrupts the sanctity of the matchmaker and more importantly the genuine standard of Platinum I with a roman numeral 1

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm just kidding though, my real issue with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™: Siege is that it bases its corporate fan fiction canon off t-hunt which really just tacked onto the game when they should at least re-rewrite it to fit the blackist vibe of OPvOP warcrime gameplay in blatantly public environments. theres no way that even R6, as secret as they are, could afford to use the downtown bank of some random European country as a training ground

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Isn't it all a big VR training exercise or some bullshit?

Lots of people in casual haven't heard about Ubi's new anti-toxicity stance. Lots of people still dropping slurs. gently caress privacy, give us a big list of people that get banned for it.

That's assuming they actually are being more proactive.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the only thing more tedious than manually banning people typing the n-word in 2017 is expecting us to get 3 headshots in multiplayer ever (at all) for 250 renown

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've gotten at least 30 headshots since Tuesday :colbert:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol we need a charm that has a painful skillcap bullshit luck aspect to it. i'm not talking a disco ball or r6 diamond charm...

i want a charm that can only be achieved by killing someone with a breach charge

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thief posted:

lol we need a charm that has a painful skillcap bullshit luck aspect to it. i'm not talking a disco ball or r6 diamond charm...

i want a charm that can only be achieved by killing someone with a breach charge

gently caress that. Killing someone with a thermite charge.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rent-A-Cop posted:

gently caress that. Killing someone with a thermite charge.

Still have yet to get this Uplay Club achievement after ~700 hours

Thief posted:

i'm just kidding though, my real issue with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™: Siege is that it bases its corporate fan fiction canon off t-hunt which really just tacked onto the game when they should at least re-rewrite it to fit the blackist vibe of OPvOP warcrime gameplay in blatantly public environments. theres no way that even R6, as secret as they are, could afford to use the downtown bank of some random European country as a training ground

It's an AR training simulation with robots didn't you reaD THE loving LORE

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There are people that think they can go prone by a wall being Thermite'd to surprise attackers, and also people that don't have any situational awareness whatsoever.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I've yet to meet them

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
They need to get some Battlefield 4 style bullshit unlocks for guns or skins.

"Kill 5 people in a match with a handgun while in mid-air"

"Kill 5 people in a round while concussed by your own grzmot mines, and do it 3 times"

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Jack Trades posted:

What's the easiest way to figure out where all the cameras are? Is there a way to run around a map solo?

https://r6maps.com/ is a great site about maps.
Multiplayer->Custom is where you can make a local match to explore the maps.

SMP posted:

Castle / Mute is going to be game breaking

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait if castle walls are unbreakable conventionally doesn't that mean specific dumb team comps could literally be walled off from the objective

tjones posted:

I play castle a lot on specific maps and holy gently caress 5 panels that can only be destroyed by gadgets or utility seems over powered as gently caress.

Unless there's more to it than this quote:

quote:

Castle now has 5 barricades that can be only destroyed by explosives or sledge

The only thing different I see is that they cannot be punched out and Glaz cannot shoot and break them. Neither of that happens very often anyway. Breach charges, Hibana pellets, exothermic charges, Ash rounds, Zofia grenades, and regular grenades all explode.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I died to a thermite charge just yesterday trying to bandit trick it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

tonight i crossed paths with a castle main that only needed 1 wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nEq-IwFhc

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Thief posted:

tonight i crossed paths with a castle main that only needed 1 wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nEq-IwFhc

Jesus loving Christ. They should make a movie about you two.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Err, so what do you do when you're face to face with a Montange and he's not even trying to shoot you?
You can't stop watching him but you can't also do anything about him most of the time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shoot the guys trying to creep in behind him.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Nitro cell on the wall behind him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Back him into a corner with a buddy and frost trap/electric barb wire him.

• Locked thread